Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: The Ribbon Cup Caper (396)

You remember when Brock was able to tell that a Nurse Joy at the Indigo Plateau trap they were at was a cardboard cutout? He has that Girl-Sensor of his. It's like Bender's Gaydar, being able to tell whether a girl is real or fake, i.e.: Brody or Officer Jenny.

Quote Originally Posted by YoshiAngemon
    You remember when Brock was able to tell that a Nurse Joy at the Indigo Plateau trap they were at was a cardboard cutout? He has that Girl-Sensor of his. It's like Bender's Gaydar, being able to tell whether a girl is real or fake, i.e.: Brody or Officer Jenny.
    Yes, I remember it. I just dislike it mostly. IMO The only good thing about it is that it gives Brock a little bit more screentime.~
    idk what to put here sooo.

Wow, I thought my ears were getting flu-ish! Maybe we're all flu-ish. Or maybe we can just accept the facts that Jenny's new VA sucks. It wasn't just her voice, though. It was her tone. She kept speaking in a slow and dumbed-up voice.

Twas nice seeing Brody again, but this episode wasn't all too special otherwise. He needs to be brought back continually.
    Thank you for all the fantastic times, Serebii Forums!

This episode was okay. I did get a chance to see Bannai again which was a good thing. But what kept driving me nuts throughout the whole episode was Jenny's new voice. I'm sorry, but I really didn't like her new voice at all.

DENTO-FRUIT
    100% fruit for 100% real fangirls

Yeah, Jenny's voice sucked. And I agree, I'm glad he noticed the tracker. It would have been kind of silly if that was how they caught him. And OMG he got away! That's a new one. And I knew Brock would be able to tell. He has "girl sense."

This lovely banner was made by Faerie.
    My Devaintart gallery
    Friends are quiet angels who lift us to our feet when our wings have
    trouble remembering how to fly
    Oh, and I claimed Sora from the Kingdom Hearts games in the bishie thread. ^^

I agree with all of you that Jenny's voice just wasn't right, especially compared to the old voice. But what ever happened to all the fuss about Jenny's new VA sounding exactly the same as the old one? Was it actually the original one we've been hearing for some reason, until now?

Anyway, somewhat interesting plot with the Brody-search. I loved seeing TR come out of nowhere instead of Brody to get the golden pokeball.

Brody's voice is the same, good. I'm not sure many people liked it last time (or even now), but I think it's unique and fits him.

BTW, why was the Ribbon Cup on this ship? To showcase? I mean, you'd expect it to be at the competition by now. 7/10.

Edit: Oh yeah, forgot to mention it was interesting to hear James do the 'Meowth Fantasy'.
    Last edited by Kamex; 19th February 2006 at 12:06 AM.

Default The Ribbon Cup Caper!

An awesome episode in my opinion although Officer Jenny's voice shouldn't have changed...

Credit to V Faction

Visit my Site!

http://www.auraguardians.net/

NOTE: The site is not up yet so the link will not work.

Quote Originally Posted by Poké_Master
    An awesome episode in my opinion although Officer Jenny's voice shouldn't have changed...
    Some things can't be helped.
    V | Faction

You can find me over at Bulbagarden's Forums now!

Oh well..It wasn't a horrible episode...animation was good. Jenny's voice SUCKED...no strong opinion.. 6/10
    Watch out kids...He's coming for you!

I thought her voice had changed in the Japanese ep of this did Brody just give back the trophy like in this one?Kinda strange.....Jynx was in this ep!kinda....

Quote Originally Posted by Judai Yuki
    Kinda strange.....Jynx was in this ep!kinda....
    I think you're thinking of "Hi Ho silverwind!"
    Watch out kids...He's coming for you!

Oh yeah the ep with Harley i thought it was this cuz i justed watched both again.

Woah, so much hate for Jenny's new voice. XD I personally didn't care because I've never liked her original dub voice. She always sounded rather ditzy to me. I really don't care either way about it but I can see I'm alone in this opinion.

I've never cared for Jenny, she always came off really silly to me and a really bad cop. Letting four kids help in the capture of a dangerous criminal? Riiight. I know they do this because they want Ash and everyone to be involved but it would make more sense if she told them to stay out of it and Ash and co. went out on their own trying to help only to meet up with her at the end while making the capture or something.

Is it just me or does Joy's voice keep changing? I swear one episode it's really wispy and high and in the next it's rather calm and more natural sounding.

Anyways, I fast-forwarded through half of this episode, if that should give you any indication of how well it kept my interest.

Geki Guest

This episode was pretty good, I enjoyed seeing Brody again. But he didn't have Ditto, that kind of sucked. I thought Ditto was like his trademark. It was basically a good filler before the Grand Festival.

3/5

This is the first episode i've seen in along time. I kinda see why. It was OK, But, they still act the same from Kanto.
    Adn anyone wanna tell me HOW Team Rocket flew OUT OF THE WINDOW from the MIDDLE OF THE ROOM?
    Hooray for college
    [IMG]http://i28.*******.com/25qu35g.png[/IMG]
    WRP: Here comes DAREDEVIL! Johto 2010
    GOLD Ripped by yours truley
    Transparent by the grace of Luke Groundwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Wandering Rhythmical Phoenix
    Adn anyone wanna tell me HOW Team Rocket flew OUT OF THE WINDOW from the MIDDLE OF THE ROOM?
    The same reason Pikachu's electricity can cause 1. explosions that don't damage the surrounding area, 2. explosions that throw people far away (like a couple hundred feet) without breaking any of their bones, and 3. explosions at all without something explosive. That's what the script writers wanted.

I finally watched last Saturday's episodes, and it only took a week. Oh well, at least I've had fun watching the Star Wars movies in the meantime.

-- Yay for the return of Brody. I don't *love* the character, but I do like him, especially because I find it interesting that he can disguise himself so very well. Here's hoping that he'll make another appearance someday, even though Hoenn is long over.
    --I didn't mind Officer Jenny's new voice that much. In fact, I do like it better than her old one, which tended to grate on the nerves sometimes. I just have to get used to it, like I did with Nurse Joy.
    -- Two (or three) lotads in two straight episodes (this and HHSW)! Man, I adore Brock's lovable dunce pokemon no matter what his form, but I do miss the old ones. It was great to see a wurmple and marill too.
    -- And speaking of Brock, GREAT episode for him. The scene where he points out the difference between the Jennys was definitely classic. It's nice that Max didn't pull him away during the scene too. I liked the look on Jenny's face when Brock was talking about their bonds. LOL
    -- Great episode for Team Rocket too. I liked how they thought they were responsible for Team Aqua and Team Magma breaking up. It was nice to see James do a boss fantasy for a change too.

Overall, 9/10. Terrific episode.
    ;My Shinies: (trevanent) (clauncher) x2 NEW!! 12/10
    Currently hunting/MM'ing: ; playing Y and OR
    To reclaim:

::is wiping tears of laughter from her eyes::

I halfway expected to hear Brock sing "Two Perfect Girls" again!

I honestly didn't really like this episode. It was kind of boring, and at the end he just gave the cup back. I mean, come on -.-

Woody10 is offline I am Currently Awaiting Email Confirmation

You no in real life if something valuble like that was stolen then they would do a complete search of the ship, search everyone and their luggage and not let anyone off the ship

Credit to Foxrose and Bellandy

YAY BRODY! He's so evil, just like me. Muahahaha!

Cross over to the golden side...

credit goes to milotic111 for the awesome tc
    [IMG]http://i6.*******.com/243nwgm.jpg[/IMG]
    Say 'ello to ma little friend! (made by sapphireL, thanx baby!)

A good episode leading up to the Hoen Grand Festival, interesting to learn that Team Magma & Aqua both disbanded after their encounter with Groudon & Kyogre, this news mean Team Rocket has no competition in the Hoen region and move right in. I liked the seeing the Ribbon Cup it was certainly beautiful, well now it's on to the grand Festival so hopefully May can win that cup.
    My Grandmother always said...
    "She who walks the path of heaven will rule over everything"

Mana (4914-3452-1470) (X)
    Gyarados, Octillary, and Azumarill

Yes, the return of Brody. I thought the episode was good, but I would've liked it better if the gang actually battled him. And I lol'ed at the part where Brock figured out that Officer Jenny was really Brody by using his female sensing whatever thing

Thank god for Brody. His nickname of "the man of 1,000 faces" really made the episode for me. Seriously, him and his tricks are the only thing that kept the episode interesting. Sadly, he probably wasn't all that necessary, since Team Rocket were up to their usual tricks again... who needs to showcase Brody when we can show off Team Rocket's 10,000th attempt to steal something! Seriously! =\
    lord freeza i really need to use the space skype

This episode was cool, I was so happy that Brody returned. But this time he didn't have the demented Ditto with him. Watch out for demented Ditto!

My fic, Drowning.
    Cye of the Torrent is my bishie.
    Credit to Sketchie of Coronet Designs

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast