Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 51 to 55 of 55

Thread: Dealing with and abusing the new threats of B2W2

  1. #51
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Chillin with my L'il Growlithe
    Posts
    173

    Default

    I was looking at the moveset changes on B2W2 page, and I noticed that Growlithe/Arcanine now have access to Outrage. With a new powerful physical move other than Flare Blitz, I'm expecting Arcanine to get a little more use. Maybe not necessarily OU, but more use in UU. This set I may want to use.

    Arcanine@ Absorb Bulb
    Ability: Flash Fire
    EVs: 252 Atk. 252 Spd. 4def.
    Flare Blitz
    Outrage
    Sunny Day/ Thunder Fang
    Morning Sun

    Set up Sun to boost the power of Flare Blitz, and in the unlikely instance where Arcanine takes a hit and lives, you can use Morning Sun to heal up a bunch. Outrage is there for dragons, mostly, but also for anything else that resists Flare Blitz. If you put this on a team with Drought Ninetails, you can replace Sunny Day With Thunder Fang for coverage. Absorb Bulb won't boost his attacks much, since he's physical, but it will at least allow him to take a water hit.

    I'm not that good at competitive battling but this just an idea that took some inspiration from a youtube video about the morning sun thing. It's just an idea I had.
    [IMG]http://i51.*******.com/11lihjr.gif[/IMG][IMG]http://i51.*******.com/11lihjr.gif[/IMG][IMG]http://i51.*******.com/11lihjr.gif[/IMG][IMG]http://i51.*******.com/11lihjr.gif[/IMG]
    [IMG]http://i43.*******.com/11i1u8j.png[/IMG]

    Credit to Mew_ for the banner and pokemon player for the Growlithe Lickies.

  2. #52

    Default

    The problem with Outrage is that you never want to be trapped into it unless you get STAB on it. The only reason Outage is used is because it lets Dragons run over a ton of Pokemon that don't resist it, due to the power after STAB and the great neutral coverage. On a Pokemon like Arcanine, you'd be better off using a move like Close Combat for coverage since you hit more super-effectively and aren't trapped.

  3. #53
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    King's Landing
    Posts
    2,308

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by briguin View Post
    I was looking at the moveset changes on B2W2 page, and I noticed that Growlithe/Arcanine now have access to Outrage. With a new powerful physical move other than Flare Blitz, I'm expecting Arcanine to get a little more use. Maybe not necessarily OU, but more use in UU. This set I may want to use.

    Arcanine@ Absorb Bulb
    Ability: Flash Fire
    EVs: 252 Atk. 252 Spd. 4def.
    Flare Blitz
    Outrage
    Sunny Day/ Thunder Fang
    Morning Sun

    Set up Sun to boost the power of Flare Blitz, and in the unlikely instance where Arcanine takes a hit and lives, you can use Morning Sun to heal up a bunch. Outrage is there for dragons, mostly, but also for anything else that resists Flare Blitz. If you put this on a team with Drought Ninetails, you can replace Sunny Day With Thunder Fang for coverage. Absorb Bulb won't boost his attacks much, since he's physical, but it will at least allow him to take a water hit.

    I'm not that good at competitive battling but this just an idea that took some inspiration from a youtube video about the morning sun thing. It's just an idea I had.
    Absorb Bulb doesn't provide an immunity to Water.

    I have claimed Giratina

  4. #54

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jesusfreak94 View Post
    The problem with Outrage is that you never want to be trapped into it unless you get STAB on it. The only reason Outage is used is because it lets Dragons run over a ton of Pokemon that don't resist it, due to the power after STAB and the great neutral coverage. On a Pokemon like Arcanine, you'd be better off using a move like Close Combat for coverage since you hit more super-effectively and aren't trapped.
    How about on a Flare Blitz/Wild Charge/Close Combat/Extremspeed moveset? Life Orb as the item, Atk EVs maxed out, is there really no space for a move like Outrage? I understand it has it's confusion drawback, but I've lost count of the amount of times I wish I had a move like Outrage on my Arcanine. Most Dragons resist Arcanine quite well.

    The only problem with including Outrage is that all the moves in that set have a good reason behind including them. Whichever one you drop, you're losing a good option, so is Outrage a powerful enough move to consider dropping one of the coverage moves?
    X FC: 0533-5528-5272

    Friend Safari: Fighting, Pancham/Machoke/Riolu

    RMT Trick Room Singles


    ____________________________
    Credit to Brutaka for the userbar!

  5. #55
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Cebu, Philippines
    Posts
    1,259

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by derk. View Post
    How about on a Flare Blitz/Wild Charge/Close Combat/Extremspeed moveset? Life Orb as the item, Atk EVs maxed out, is there really no space for a move like Outrage? I understand it has it's confusion drawback, but I've lost count of the amount of times I wish I had a move like Outrage on my Arcanine. Most Dragons resist Arcanine quite well.

    The only problem with including Outrage is that all the moves in that set have a good reason behind including them. Whichever one you drop, you're losing a good option, so is Outrage a powerful enough move to consider dropping one of the coverage moves?
    To be honest, the only reason you want to use Outrage would be to take out Dragons, and most Dragons outspeed Arcanine anyways, and can hit him with a Hydro Pump/Earthquake, thus KOing him. As much as I love Arcanine, he's not your go-to for KOing Dragon types. The set you posted is almost exactly his bread-and-butter moveset, so it's useable.

    Feel like you need a little more Pokemon in your life? Tune into our show!
    EPISODE 55 - SLOWPOKE HOLIDAY
    Looking for something Pokemon-related to listen to while playing through Pokemon XY? This episode is for you!!
    Released: 12/11/14


    Guess who claimed Luxray?!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •