Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: You are Invited!

Default You are Invited!

This thread celebrates 2 years of me being in this forum as well as my 1000th post.

So 2 years ago today, I joined this miserable place. At one point my goal was to reach
    1000 posts lol but my motives since then have obviously changed. My first post on the forum
    was me suggesting an epic metagross set that had psychic. Cool stuff.

Anyway, I want to thank everyone for making my time here enjoyable. This includes people who
    flamed me and made me eventually become better, people who I've got to know better than
    others, people who have let me stalk them (this applies to 3 people), people who have
    entertained me by trolling and/or being a dick, mods (which I miss atm and wish they would come
    visit so they could hurry up and lock Lapras's thread lol) and all the other people.

Yes I am thanking people but unlike the last time I did, I'm not leaving. Smile or burst into tears, your choice.

Come troll this thread if you want. As long as it's good trolling.

Scyther @ Choice Band
    Adamant / Technician
    4HP 252Att 252Spe
    - Bug Bite
    - Aerial Ace
    - U Turn
    - Rock Smash

Look at this. Bug bite and arial ace will hit very hard with the attack EV's, CB and technician boost.
    Rock smash is cool and gets technician boost and U Turn to gtfo.

Stunfisk @ Leftovers
    Modest / Static
    252HP 252SpA 4SpD
    - Thunder Bolt
    - Earth Power
    - Hidden Power Ice
    - Thunder Wave

I'm thinking about using mud slap on this pokemon. I think it suits it better.
    I got boltbeam and earth+ice coverage and thunder wave is helpful.

Jellicent @ Leftovers
    Modest / Cursed Body
    252HP 96SpD 160Spe
    - Scald
    - Shadow Ball
    - Sludge Bomb
    - Recover

Kinda confused where to invest in EV's but I gave it a shot.
    Speed lets me get by 80's and the rest got dumped into special defense. Should that go
    into special attack? Scald and shadow ball are STAB's, sludge bomb lets me hit most stuff
    neutrally along with the other two moves and recover to re-experience all the fun.

Simisear @ Life Orb
    Naughty / Gluttony
    120Att 136SpA 252Spe
    - Flamethrower
    - Brick Break
    - Rock Slide
    - Grass Knot

Check out this monkey. Lets send him to the test lab.
    A mixed set so I tried to make investment in even because both SpA and Att are important.
    Flamethrower is our STAB, grass knot for all the troubles such as water, ground and rock.
    Rock slide is there for extended coverage. I was going to go with focus blast but it has
    problems so I went with brick break.

Wiscash @ Leftovers
    Adamant / Oblivious
    220HP 208Att 80Spe
    - Earthquake
    - Rock Slide
    - Bounce
    - Dragon Dance

I don't care if you think bounce sucks. I get to hit grass types super effectively and I get
    to chew on leftovers for a turn. Quake edge coverage and dragon dance is there because
    this guy is a dragon. HP gives me leftovers numbers.

Scrafty @ Muscle Band
    Adamant / Shed Skin
    252HP 252Att 4SpD
    - Drain Punch
    - Payback
    - Ice Punch
    - Bulk Up

Drain punch is cool in 5th gen so every fat fighting type needs it including this chubby boy.
    Is really good STAB and provdides excellent coverage along with its other STAB. Ice punch
    lets me hit a bunch of other stuff and bulk up is like fried chicken to this fat ***.
    Last edited by Purple_Tangrowth; 28th June 2012 at 5:59 AM.

A very cool-looking team, but three of your guys are weak to grass even though they have counter-moves (hidden power ice, bounce, and sludge bomb) bulky grass types will still be a problem the one that comes to mind is regenerator Tangrowth - it's physically bulky so Whiscash will struggle to do damage with bounce and scyther will take a turn or two trying to bug bite through it so having a naive or hasty nature on Simisear is your best bet as Special moves will burn Tangrowth to the ground! In my opinion that 96 EVs in Sp.Def should go into Defense and replace sludge bomb with calm mind as with proper set up scald and shadow ball will punch through a lot of things on their own, I was going to ask why you were running payback on a d-dance set on Scrafty and then realized you were running a bulky-offense set not a sweeper set lol (just goes to show you how similar yet different Scrafty and Dragonite are, they can run bulky and sweeper sets and have recovery on both sets).
    3DS FC: 3909-8385-9595

Pokemon X Shiny Value: 51

1. Scizor could use the same set with Scyther, only slower. Most people would put Evolite on the Scyther, but meh. It's optionable.
    *Aerial

2. One does not Jolly a mix-sweeper. (btw Superpower would be nice on Simisear if you want to switch to special attacks after that)
    Oh yeah and Blaze is illegal.
    Just Sayin

BTW go see my new trade shop!!
    Black Friend Code: 3955 1618 0261

This team is bad. The formula for success in ingame is Starter/Monkey/Unfeazant/Haxorus. Lurk moar.
    4785-5873-5392

A very cool-looking team, but three of your guys are weak to grass even though they have counter-moves (hidden power ice, bounce, and sludge bomb) bulky grass types will still be a problem the one that comes to mind is regenerator Tangrowth - it's physically bulky so Whiscash will struggle to do damage with bounce and scyther will take a turn or two trying to bug bite through it so having a naive or hasty nature on Simisear is your best bet as Special moves will burn Tangrowth to the ground! In my opinion that 96 EVs in Sp.Def should go into Defense and replace sludge bomb with calm mind as with proper set up scald and shadow ball will punch through a lot of things on their own, I was going to ask why you were running payback on a d-dance set on Scrafty and then realized you were running a bulky-offense set not a sweeper set lol (just goes to show you how similar yet different Scrafty and Dragonite are, they can run bulky and sweeper sets and have recovery on both sets).
    yes I did struggle a bit with weaknesses making this team - grass being one of them.
    I'll think about the EV's and calm mind on jellicent - EV's being the priority

1. Scizor could use the same set with Scyther, only slower. Most people would put Evolite on the Scyther, but meh. It's optionable.
    *Aerial

2. One does not Jolly a mix-sweeper. (btw Superpower would be nice on Simisear if you want to switch to special attacks after that)
    Oh yeah and Blaze is illegal.
    ok ok ok i spelt something wrong.
    thanks for catching jolly that's kinda a typo and same with blaze. but i break the law so i'm going with blaze.

This team is bad. The formula for success in ingame is Starter/Monkey/Unfeazant/Haxorus. Lurk moar.
    conitinue please
    also you forgot the constantly overlooked HM slaves. they decided everything. I think you need to polish up your team building skills if you forgot about them

Also, team is BounceKarp weak, but what isn't?
    4785-5873-5392

Quote Originally Posted by randomn00b View Post
    Well, what do you expect? Not everyone wants a Mewtwo-Zekrom-Giratina core just to deal with that menacing fiend.

For Stunfisk
    You could also use Scald instead of Thunder Wave for just more coverage because Static already has 30% chance to Paralyze your opponent Pokemon if your opponent attack with a Physical Attack move, also Scald has 30% chance to burn your opponent Pokemon which is useful. You can still keep Thunder Wave if you want, but this is just a suggestion.

Well, there are better choices than Simisear. No offence, but Unova has such a good fire-types in the game!
    There's Reshiram with 150 Sp. Attack and lowest stat being 90. He also has Fusion Flare, Blue Flare and Dragon Pulse.
    There's Victini with V-Create, the strongest non-suicidal move.
    There's Volcarona with his great stats like 135 Sp. Attack and 100 Speed, it also has Quiver Dance which makes it even more powerful.
    There's Chandelure with 145 Sp. Attack, the highest of all non-Legendary Pokémon and Ghost-types.
    There's Darmanitan which can deal immense damage with Belly Drum or can be a tank with Zen Mode.
    I mean, Simisear is a great Pokémon, really. But Reshiram, Victini, Volcarona, Chandelure and Darmanitan are better.
    Click on these Pokémon to make them happy and healthy!:

Spoiler:- Credits:

Pokémon Red Water-monotype challenge team:

Pokémon Emerald Water-monotype challenge team:
    Pokémon Fire Red Nuzlocke challenge team:

Not many people is going to use Legendary Pokemon, so I think he will not use them. Those Pokemon that you list are better and badder than Simisear in the other way (I'm not counting Rashiram and Victini because it is a Legendary Pokemon). Yes Simisear doesn't have that much Attack and Special Attack than other Fire Type Pokemon, but it is a good Mix Attacker Fire Type Pokemon because it has the same Attack and Special Attack. It moveset can also super effective a lot of Pokemon. Darmanitan, Volcarona and Chandelure are also a good Fire Type Pokemon so you can use it if you want.
    Last edited by chap196; 28th June 2012 at 1:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Atratus View Post
    Well, what do you expect? Not everyone wants a Mewtwo-Zekrom-Giratina core just to deal with that menacing fiend.
    Even then, Rocky Helmet Sunkern forces all of those to switch. Now if he ran Flame Orb Shedinja....
    4785-5873-5392

What are you talking about? This isn't a bad team despite the glaring grass threat, my first in-game team consisted of Emboar, Simisage, Swanna, Elektross, Scolipede, and Zoroark - now THAT's a bad team and I still managed to defeat the Elite Four! BounceKrap wouldn't hurt a thing! Stunfisk walls it as Magikarp cannot learn water type moves! Why are all these people suggesting legendaries against the weakest pokemon in the world? (At least Feebas had ice beam!)
    3DS FC: 3909-8385-9595

Pokemon X Shiny Value: 51

er... wait a moment here.

refresh my memory
    which NPC uses bouncekarp ingame?
    Just Sayin

BTW go see my new trade shop!!
    Black Friend Code: 3955 1618 0261

Now if he ran Flame Orb Shedinja....
    quit suggesting legendary pokemon

I lol'd.

Keep CB Scyther.

It's not like you need Earth Power with BoltBeam going on. I'm sure Skylar will be proud.

and Rest > Ice Punch.
    lil' ball of spheal.

Quote Originally Posted by davidchu View Post
    er... wait a moment here.

refresh my memory
    which NPC uses bouncekarp ingame?
    The champion.
    4785-5873-5392

Quote Originally Posted by Atratus View Post
    Lurk moar plz you ****ing n00b.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucario01 View Post
    Well, there are better choices than Simisear. No offence, but Unova has such a good fire-types in the game!
    There's Reshiram with 150 Sp. Attack and lowest stat being 90. He also has Fusion Flare, Blue Flare and Dragon Pulse.
    There's Victini with V-Create, the strongest non-suicidal move.
    There's Volcarona with his great stats like 135 Sp. Attack and 100 Speed, it also has Quiver Dance which makes it even more powerful.
    There's Chandelure with 145 Sp. Attack, the highest of all non-Legendary Pokémon and Ghost-types.
    There's Darmanitan which can deal immense damage with Belly Drum or can be a tank with Zen Mode.
    I mean, Simisear is a great Pokémon, really. But Reshiram, Victini, Volcarona, Chandelure and Darmanitan are better.
    Same here.Lurk moar.You suck :/

Btw Oscar I like the trolling idea.

Anyways I would run Quick Attack>U-Turn for priority.

Btw you need more of these:

Ditto @Choice Scarf
    • Transform

This ****ing kicks ***.
    I'm feelin' electric tonight
    Cruising down the coast goin' 'bout 99
    Got my bad baby by my heavenly side
    I know if I go, I'll die happy tonight

Choice Scarf Imposter Ditto is actually the best Pokemon in the game. It outBounces BounceKarp, so it can BounceStall.
    4785-5873-5392

^ I think that the oponent will probably mistake it for a jell-o and eat it before it's able to transform

time to reply to everyone's suggestions...
    @atratus - sorry cannot comprehend

@chap - scald does repetitive coverage so I won't use it. I kinda thought about thunder wave and static but i'll probably keep it. thanks

@lucario - sorry but this isn't the sub forum where you can find recommendations to psychiatric hospitals.

@peacemaker - rest is a quite possible idea. I think i'll keep earth power because I get more super effective coverage. haha yes he will be proud

@aura - speed is already good enough. keeping u turn

Rock Smash is a gimmick, Scyth isn't bulky enough to utilise it properly. Brick Break will suffice.

don't use sludge bomb... ever... especially as a coverage move... ice beam on jelly if you want to hit grass types so badly

lol @ thread where you're allowed to troll... true trolls troll whenever and wherever they please.
    Last edited by Lapras!; 29th June 2012 at 12:02 PM.

This team is flat out 'karp weak...

Choice Scarf Imposter Ditto is actually the best Pokemon in the game. It outBounces BounceKarp, so it can BounceStall.
    Lol

I've got a few suggestions to cover that 'karp weakness.

Smeargle @Choice Band
    ]Jolly[
    • Giga Impact
    • Hyper Beam
    • Explosion
    • Selfdestruct

Bcoz it can win.

Sableye @Choice Scarf
    ]Mild l Prankster[
    • GTFO n00bs POWER
    • Shadow Ball
    • Earthquake
    • Focus Punch

Hopefully you can hack.
    Last edited by Aura Sensei™; 25th December 2012 at 5:11 PM.
    I'm feelin' electric tonight
    Cruising down the coast goin' 'bout 99
    Got my bad baby by my heavenly side
    I know if I go, I'll die happy tonight

DONE'T LEAVE, PT!!! oh, yeah.

^Omg, these are awesome
    omg, this thread is awesome xD

and I think I fall under the category 'stalked people'.

and so this post is less trollish, I think I'd suggest... HJK> ice pawnch on lizard?? fightin/dark already is unresisted there is no poke named toxicroak and HJK is strong. kinda. lol.
    Did you know that...
    ... Arceus is only 4 times as strong as sunkern, seen from stats?
    .... that an internationally traded pokémon in the erratic exp.-group with a lucky egg and Exp. point power MAX that defeats a lv 100 blissey gets from lv 1 to lv 87?
    ... more than 3/4 of the DW pokemon found are male?!
    ... that you only need one (max-size) ice cream scoop to get to the minimal goal in the DW minigame?
    ... that Pelipper can't shoot in its DW minigame?? awww :<

I made a fake passport and snuck my way into Germany. You'll see me shortly on your doorstep

ZOMFG YOU POSTED.

hi jump kick could also be my STAB I guess.
    EDIT: but I guess i'm running a bulkier set which drain punch goes well with.. but I want the SE coverage with ice punch.. what should i do :S
    Last edited by Purple_Tangrowth; 2nd July 2012 at 7:50 PM.

no no no.

]Shedinja@Life Orb
    ]Adamant | Wonder Guard
    510 Hp
    • Final Gambit
    • Sand Storm
    • Substitute
    • Harden
    lil' ball of spheal.

Toxic Orb>Life Orb, Double Edge>Harden.
    4785-5873-5392

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast