That's very true, and logically we have to think about it. If TPCi was honestly cheap enough to take away the dub from 4Kids (according to Dennis Daniel it was for a measly $2,000) *facepalms*, there's no realistic way they'd hire someone much more costly to dub Pokemon like FUNimation (don't get me wrong, I'd LOVE to see a new main voice cast from them in some alternate dub, but TPCi is never going to let that happen: they want to be the sole owner for everything Pokemon now, good or bad for the franchise in the fan's eyes- many see it as a bad thing while some see it as a very good thing).
Originally Posted by Fulgore2005
All I hope TPCi does now is give the following VAs a chance to play some role on Pokemon. They've let a lot of 4Kids VAs back, true, but not the ones most want back altogether, and that's why a lot of people still have trouble with TPCi's dub. I just want these people to get a shot at the least and I'll, personally, be fine with the dub as is:
- Veronica Taylor (She's said she wants to come back, come on, it's been 7 years, give her a chance to play someone...she's still active in voice over work and recently worked alongside Bill Rogers and Michele Knotz in Ikki Tousen: Dragon Destiny back in 2009, two of TPCi's main VA pool. I don't understand what grudge they have with Taylor and the bottom two since Blaustein was the absolute worst about the switch objectively, and got to return long ago...)
- Eric Stuart (See Veronica Taylor- it's the same thing and the same case, he loves Pokemon but poor guy's been shut out by Pokemon International like Taylor. I still love his music and I hope his music career goes very well for him regardless of whether TPCi gives him another chance. I recommend it to Pokemon dub fans- it's very good music and Stuart's always loved being a musician though he's still active in voice over work-- he works alongside much of the TPCi VA cast used in YGO Zexal and he's still playing roles nowadays- his VA career seems to be restarting again).
- Amy Birnbaum (I've talked to her on FB alongside much of the current crew- who are also very kind people: she says she'd love to make a cameo sometime. She's in Georgia at the moment but she's a really great person and very kind- she's probably willing to fly to NY for old times' sake to dub an episode)
I also wanted TPCi to give Rachael Lillis and Maddie Blaustein roles, which they did and I'm at least grateful that TPCi allowed me to hear them one last time. R.I.P. Maddie- she was an excellent Meowth IMHO!
I never said I didn't like Dawn's voice, because I never had a problem with it from the get-go from "Following a Maiden's Voyage," and I even said how I felt it was a standout voice in TPCi's dub to me just a few posts back! XD. My main problem now is basically with the management at TPCi at this point, and what they're doing to much of the main VA cast from 4Kids' dub (a lot of those VAs are the ones I've wanted back since 2006). I'd just like to see them have a oneshot role like many have had/are having nowadays, which considering Vic Mignogna and FUNi VAs are being hired at this point to play minor onetime roles as well, I'm absolutely disappointed in the way they're handling the dub voices (bunch of no names with no prior animation work period like Brittney Lee Hamilton, Nicole Hamilton, Benjamin Becker (?) or something have been popping up in recent eps). I still prefer 4Kids for this anime, don't get me wrong, I don't prefer TPCi's dub by any means. I was just telling that guy that please, 4Kids does not dub this show anymore, so if you want to blame someone blame the current dubbers for your problem with the pronounciation and dubbing right now. I never said TPCi is bad at dubbing here, but I definitely find them worse at dubbing the Pokemon anime than 4Kids was. It's just an opinion, what I'm saying with regards to the dubs isn't fact. I know that obviously! I'm just saying, I like 4Kids dub more than this one.
Originally Posted by Caseydia
Last edited by Dwail8023; 13th November 2012 at 7:34 PM.
"If Pikachu becomes a Raichu, I might be able to win that badge. On the other hand, to make it evolve just to fight...I would be just like Surge...Pikachu, what do you want to do? I really wanna beat that Surge, but I also don't want to force you to evolve if you'd be happier staying the way you are now." -- The Best Ash: OS Ash, ESS
1. The Anime: OS > AG > BW > DP = XY
2. The English Dub: 4Kids + TAJ Productions (Seasons 1-5) > 4Kids Entertainment (Seasons 6-8) > DuArt Film and Video (Seasons 11-Current) > TAJ Productions (Seasons 9-10)
3. The Games: XY > BW > RSE > GSC > Y > HGSS > DP > RBG
4. The Manga: RSE > RBY > BW > DPPT > GSC
5. Pokemon: The Origin: Excellent: 94.7/100.
6. The Movies: OS > AG > DP = BW