Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Piplup, Pansage, and a Meeting of the Times! (747)

Quote Originally Posted by lolipiece View Post
    So, why was this called Piplup VS Pansage? It was clearly not about those two at all, just a side thing.
    They do that often, even though battles last 1-4 minutes.

Haha, at the end of the preview Piplup and Oshawott are determined to protect Meloetta.
    Last edited by Zya; 28th June 2012 at 12:29 PM.

So from what i understood, TR is after Meloetta's voice (most likely her singing the Relic Song). Thats because instead of trying to catch Meloetta when it was singing (which they could have easily done since no one was around), they instead recorded her voice.
    Last edited by Lucario At Service; 28th June 2012 at 12:31 PM.

Well I really enjoyed that episode, man am I looking forward to the next few episodes. It feels so refreshing.
    Sig deleted by Hydrohs. Read the sig rules.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucario At Service View Post
    So from what i understood, TR is after Meloetta's voice (most likely her singing the Relic Song). Thats because instead of trying to catch Meloetta when it was singing (which they could have easily done since no one was around), they instead decided to record its voice.
    I wonder what they need it for?

To control people's hearts?
    To awaken Therian forms?

One of the two is the answer for sure.

This episode just made me remember why i hate cilan and oshawott

Anywho i will give it a 9/10 loved the ending, actually that was the best ending to any pokemon episode for a long long time, and that ending it'self made this episode enoyable, the music was great to, but i wanted to hear dawn's theme
    Latest AmourShipping AMV
    Proud Advance/AmourShipper ~ I would Also like to thank Larvitarr from tumblr who created this sig

Isn't everything we do in life a way to be loved a little more? ~ Before Sunrise ~
    Grooveshark | Tumblr | BulbaGarden | MyAnimeList | PSNProfiles | Youtube | Last.FM

Considering the Therian Formes are alongside Giovanni in the poster, it's fairly obvious her voice will be related to them.

Quote Originally Posted by Locormus View Post
    In the pre-episode snippet, we see Cilan and Pansage posing...

Oh, movie commercial.. for noodles... 0.0
    Followed by a Spiderman preview... :P
    Edit: Pokemon sticker commercial with Eric Clapton's Cocaine on the background.. My reaction: OMG The best guitarplayer with the one of the lamest pokemon products!
    You are kidding, right? Clapton? How come I missed such an epic moment?

The episode was fine. The episode title doesn't mean much. Short battle and kind of lame. Come on, we wanted to see someone faint.

I'm actually glad that nobody won.

That way, Cilan fans nor Dawn fans are right. Yay!

Quote Originally Posted by Janovy View Post
    To awaken Therian forms?

To create the most fabulous broadway musical ever seen.

Yeah, good episode, great to see Dawn back. Not surprised the battle was inconclusive, didn't seem like it was a serious one, more like just a demonstration, but was pretty close to the old contest battles with how Piplup countered those moves. Heh, funny how Dawn is confused at Cilan's behavior. And watching Piplup and Oshawott fighting over Meolotta is hilarious. Not that much happened, aside from Team Rocket reporting in, but nice episode for Dawn's return and just a peaceful meeting.

Quote Originally Posted by Valoo. View Post
    I actually wouldn't mind this, lol.

Also, is it just me, or does it seem like Cynthia knows something? The camera just kept zooming into her serious face thus making it blatantly obvious that she knows something plot-related. <.<

To awaken Therian forms?

Could be, I think Ash, Cilan, Iris, and Dawn can handle what TR throw at them.

Glad the match was a draw.

So, the new Team Rocket project is called Project Tempest?

Quote Originally Posted by Bizarro View Post
    shut up no one likes you.
    There's seriously no need for this, I reccomend you delete your post.

was stunfisk in this episode?
    Yes he was, during the scenes with all of the team interacting with Dawn's team.

Quote Originally Posted by Haunter227 View Post
    There's seriously no need for this, I reccomend you delete your post.

Yes he was, during the scenes with all of the team interacting with Dawn's team.
    i'm only telling the truth. by the way did emolga and pachirisu interact.

i'm only telling the truth.
    Your opinion =/= truth. If you don't like him, ignore him, no need for insults.

by the way did emolga and pachirisu interact.
    No. Pachirisu did interact however with Oshawott's shell when she kicked it.

They must be planning something in the Abyssal Ruins.
    Confirmed Generation VI:

Chespin, Fennekin, Froakie, Xerneas, Yveltal, Sylveon, Pancham, Fletchling, Helioptile, Gogoat, Noivern, Vivillon, Talonflame, Skrelp, Clauncher, Spewpa, Scatterbug, Litleo, Flabébé, Honedge, Pangoro, Inkay, Malamar, Spritzee, Swirlix, Skiddo, Bunnelby, Dedenne, Furfrou, Quilladin, Braixen, Frogadier, Tyrunt, Amaura, Meowstic, Pyroar, Aurorus, Tyrantrum, Doublade

Quote Originally Posted by Animefan145 View Post
    Yay, Dawn's back! And she pulled out her Pokedex, how nostalgic.

And now its the big Pokemon group meet.
    But she has a new pokedex, how can that be nostalgic?

Quote Originally Posted by lolipiece View Post
    So, why was this called Piplup VS Pansage? It was clearly not about those two at all, just a side thing.
    Why was that episode called Darkrai vs. Cresselia? I do agree, but this title wasn't too far off. Something better could've been along the lines of:
    - Arriving at Sazanami Town! Meloetta's Song!!
    - Arriving at Sazanami Town! Hikari awaits!!
    - Sazanami Town! Old friends meet new friends!!

And that could be translated to: Matching the Old with the New!

Quote Originally Posted by Bisharp View Post
    TR screws up Live Caster again.

Meh, Live Caster is not even close to being as good as Professor Oak's Lecture anyways.
    And they will continue to do so until the Keldeo movie has aired...

Quote Originally Posted by Zya View Post
    (sorry for the double post)
    There's a delete button...

To awaken Therian forms?

And could the Therian forms be in the Undella Bay Ruins??? Why else would they lampshade that underwater pyramid else??? That would be awesome to say the least. I never expected the ruins to get mentioned, but if they do, then at least they get more of a mention then the Mistralton Cave did... Poor cave..

Edit: If the plan is called Tempest, then we're sure they're after the Kami's Therian Formes now. Or that they're still after the normal formes and that they'll break from Meloetta's spell through their Therian Formes.

And I do agree that Cynthia knows something. Her looks were just too ominous for her not to know that something is about to happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Sceptile lover View Post
    You are kidding, right? Clapton? How come I missed such an epic moment?

The episode was fine. The episode title doesn't mean much. Short battle and kind of lame. Come on, we wanted to see someone faint.
    Not kidding.. I was baffled myself. Pokemon and Cocaine. I always knew they didn't took themselves too seriously, and that the Japanese don't have such a good sense for mixing songs with products (unlike the BBC, where every finance-related segment gets Pink Floyd's 'Money' as background music), but I never had imagined putting Cocaine on in the background of a pokemon-sticker commercial... I guess the guys at Pokemon know that their stuff is addicting.. :P

I'm actually glad that nobody won.

That way, Cilan fans nor Dawn fans are right. Yay!
    Eitherway, I still feel that it made the episode have a lack of anything:

What we saw was:
    - Ash and co arriving at Undella Town and meeting up with Dawn
    - All of their pokemon and Meloetta hanging out and interacting.
    - Team Rocket succesfully recording Meloetta's song and not making an idiot out of themselves.
    - A shaded shot of the Undella Bay Underwater Ruins.

Not much more... Team Rocket really made this episode for me. The rest was all mčh. I know that there could've been done more in this episode. They just wanted to pad all of the things they have set up and that is fine, but it makes for a less enjoyable episode to me. Things they padded so that there's set up or 'refreshment of memories':
    - Pikachu and Buneary.
    - Dawn and Coordinating.
    - Piplup and Oshawott (will obviously continue until Dawn leaves).

I mean you've got all of the pokemon out, and I do realize that these things, well, Pikachu and Buneary less, but the other two points needed to be addressed. The battle with Cilan falls under the refreshing of memories bit, as they wanted to reshow how coordinating battles went, but served no further purpose at all.

So yeah, I realize that these things needed to be done in an episode, but I could've done without them and could've done without the battle if Dawn just showed off her skills throughout some other battles, such as doing performance like stuff against the Onix in the next episode and then continue to use her skills in regular battles like that. There wasn't a need for her to fight Cilan in my mind and thus just took up time to do other stuff... Like have a random Scolipede swarm or something and have all the pokemon do something.

I mean when you have 19 pokemon out, and a champion on the balcony, why settle for something so small as a Piplup vs. Cilan battle that doesn't really go anywhere in the first place? I think the group's pokemon got duped over the writers intent to get 'coordinating battles' out of the way in Dawn's first episode back, while this could've been addressed in a later episode, or during such a pokemon raide/swarm.

Quote Originally Posted by Valoo. View Post
    Can't be better then the proposed idea for 'Rocky: The Musical'... :P
    Last edited by Locormus; 28th June 2012 at 1:22 PM.
    Answer to all the bad things in the world: Give up on trying to make everything better. Hence, accepting it for what it is. YOLO! <- Click the link and daw.. -.-

Meh, Live Caster is not even close to being as good as Professor Oak's Lecture anyways.
    The Rocket giveaway campaign will be running for 8 weeks, as announced a good while before it even started.

Quote Originally Posted by Dephender View Post
    The Rocket giveaway campaign will be running for 8 weeks, as announced a good while before it even started.
    That's until the movie airs, or even longer? Considering how they showed movie related footage during the first one?
    Answer to all the bad things in the world: Give up on trying to make everything better. Hence, accepting it for what it is. YOLO! <- Click the link and daw.. -.-

Quote Originally Posted by Locormus View Post
    That's until the movie airs, or even longer? Considering how they showed movie related footage during the first one?
    The campaign is a movie tie-in, yes. Most likely they'll be talking about movie plot points and the like starting next week, just like they do every year.

Well one thing i am happy about this episode, is that since the writers brought back the Counter Shield aspect, i hope Ash uses it with his Unova pokemons.

He can use it along with Snivy (with Leaf Storm), Pignite (with Fire Pledge), Oshawott (with Aqua Jet, similar to Buizel), Unfezant (with Gust), Boldore (with Sandstorm), and Krokorok (with Stone Edge).

For those who haven't seen Dawn's reaction to Cilan's "Tasting Time",

Last edited by Lucario At Service; 28th June 2012 at 1:58 PM.

I've seen the pictures, seems like an enjoyable enough episode for me.

So Dawn got freaked out by Cilan did she, wonder how often this will happen. Did Cynthia freak out a little too? Couldn't really tell by the pictures but she seemed kind of surprised.

So they showed Elesa again but not in her Black 2/White 2 outfit? Odd.

More Team Rocket build up.

I actually watch the Team Rocket Live Caster, I always skip Oak's, glad Team Rocket has taken it over.
    3DS Friend Code: 3153-4608-8374
    Friend Safari: Steel(Ferroseed, Forretress, and Bronzong)

To recap other aspects of the episode:

- no reference to Hoenn, needing to finish gettings ribbons or a Grand Festival from Dawn
    - besides getting the Xtransceiver, Dawn also has 5 gen. Pokedex
    - Ash really wanted to battle Dawn but it was postponed for a more opportune time (he was visibly upset at Cilan for interrupting)
    - Dawn learned about Ash and Co. in Unova before from Prof Oak
    - she went to see a Musical with Elesa (audience in the game's musical looks like Dawn w/o a hat)
    - Pikachu perfectly happy with Buneary rubbing on him
    - Something is up with Cynthia as she keeps starring warily certain times when the group is interacting
    Last edited by DiamondClass; 28th June 2012 at 2:23 PM.

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast