Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: Piplup, Pansage, and a Meeting of the Times! (747)

Quote Originally Posted by 00poke_maniac View Post
    *strokes chin* Possibly.....XDDD

I dunno. I'm not much of a Dawn fan so I'm not as hyped up about her return as some others are. ^^;
    Something tells me we are going to get a lot of groaning from the non-DP fans during Dawn's stay. Since she is taking airtime from the other Unova characters, but that's what the writers want.

This episode could have been better and focused mainly on one thing. Either the meeting or the battle. I think they wanted to get the "Dawn owes Ash a battle" thing right away. I'm guessing they wont have a real battle until the tournament. I wonder where that Mamoswine vs Pignite scene came from now, I thought it was in this one but might be for the next one or Dragonite episode.

Quote Originally Posted by 00poke_maniac View Post
    *strokes chin* Possibly.....XDDD

I dunno. I'm not much of a Dawn fan so I'm not as hyped up about her return as some others are. ^^;
    I just thought the whole thing was hilarious
    3DS code:1048-8163-5480
    Why exactly can't Ash get this little guy?
    "I already told you, I don't mind playing the bad guy every once in a while."~ Sonic the Hedgehog

http://i.imgur.com/brdQD.jpg

Iris and Hikari fawning over each other's squirrels, I love that scene. Can't wait to see this episode.

Quote Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
    What was WITH those Elesa shots though? Elesa in bondage and with cleavage in another? WTF?
    I think Dawn was talking about going to one of Elesa's fashion shows or photo-shot.

It was okay, but kind of boring. Dawn hasn't changed at all and naming the title after piplup and pansage was pointless.

Yeah, this episode was just a fan service fest. We got to see Dawn and her Pokemon again, but it wasn't as interesting as I thought it would be. It just feels like the series has taken two steps back. Anyway, I wasn't surprised that Oshawott and Piplup became rivals right away, but I still dislike the way Piplup is acting; he's supposed to be the "bigger man" yet all he does is troll Oshawott. Talk about immature. I thought the battle between Dawn and Cilan was practically pointless, and the episode title itself was misleading.

I hope Pachirisu and Emonga fight each other.

I don't see that happening, their personalities aren't even similar.

Wow I loved this episode, it was funny and I liked how the Piplup and Oshawott rivalry started right away. I also liked the battle between Piplup and Pansage. And of course seeing Dawn again was awesome.
    Maybe they will XD
    Owner of the Dawn/Hikari Fanclub v.4
    Quote Originally Posted by Canada View Post
    Biggest Fan of the Diamond and Pearl Series: Dawn+Serena Fan

This episode was awesome. It was awesome to see Dawn again and she was really funny in the episode. Her face was invaluable when Cilan did his "Tasting A Time". The battle between Piplup and Pansage was short but nice. And Mijumaru and Piplup were awesome and they became rivals immediately. Meloetta was also nice and it was good that Team Rocket revealed part of their plot in this episode.

I loved this episode and it deserves no less than 10/10.
    Welcome back Charizard! I've missed you so much! <3

It's weird I was so sick of Dawn while in her original run in the show but now I'm happy to see her return. o_O Piplup is still kinda annoying but whatever, good to see the little penguin again.

It was a nice episode with some cool interactions, can't wait how the friendship and chesmistry will grow between our newly expanded gang. (hopefully I don't get sick of Dawn/Piplup this time around XD)
    Last edited by RickHoenn; 28th June 2012 at 10:01 PM.

There was a few shots of Ash getting upset about not getting to battle Dawn yet, maybe the Pignite vs Mamoswine battle also gets interrupted and they don't get to battle until the tournament. Could be that that kind of foreshadowing. Anyway, I liked this episode, I'm not really a fan of Dawn, but she's an alright character and it's nice to see someone important make a return. The best thing about this episode imo was that Ash seemed to remember everything. He remembered all of the old Pokes he saw, he did the high five thing with Dawn and now he even remembers Countershield, that REALLY surprised me. See, he doesn't forget about the stuff he learns, he just can't be bothered using old tricks anymore. My boy's a troll. <3
    Might as well link my Deviantart gallery, I mainly do Pokemon related stuff, maybe something'll catch your interest.:] http://rohanite.deviantart.com/gallery/

Ash vs Korrina Alternate Ending Comic: http://rohanite.tumblr.com/post/8546...e-with-korrina

This is Turtwig, he was the most under appreciated starter in Diamond & Pearl. If you picked Turtwig as your starter, put this in your sig. Started by Dax-360

people say cynthia was acting suspicious, i noticed that when they were in her car driving to her mansion the butler glanced back when they were talking about Meloetta even more suspciously...could he be a TR spy?

Quote Originally Posted by Almighty Zard View Post
    people say cynthia was acting suspicious, i noticed that when they were in her car driving to her mansion the butler glanced back when they were talking about Meloetta even more suspciously...could he be a TR spy?
    The butlers are never trusted, so he could be a spy

Hopefully Ash goes back his DP battle skill now that he's apparently, "remembering the past" again.

Am I the only one who finds it hilarious that Brock wasn't mentioned at all? Man, the writers really did sweep him under the rug.

So why did Cilan want to battle Dawn in the first place?
        Spoiler:- On Hiatus for the Holiday Season:

something about wanting to know how good coordinators were was why i believe.

Cyber stop trolling.

I am surprised they didn't show a flashback of Dawn's Hoenn contests or any of her rivals or anything. They didn't even tell us how many Hoenn ribbons she has.

It really makes you wonder if her Grand Festival is over or not, but I am guessing it isn't so she has someplace to return to after she departs from the group again.

Hopefully Ash goes back his DP battle skill now that he's apparently, "remembering the past" again.
    We know in the anime logic that he never forgot anything, but for the viewers it definetly feels weird with all of these sudden references again. It's made BW a whole lot better for me (even though it was good anyway). It just makes me wish the TR vs TP episodes aired so that Ash could have interacted with Looker again and referenced the past series sooner.

Am I the only one who finds it hilarious that Brock wasn't mentioned at all? Man, the writers really did sweep him under the rug.
    Eh it'd have been nice if Dawn asked what he was doing or where he was, but no other companion ever questions other companions aside from Ash asking May where Max was.

A nice episode to introduce Dawn to Iris & Cilan. I just love Iris and Dawn's interactions and Iris fangirling over Dawn's battling was so good. The battle of Cilan & Dawn was really pretty, but it was a tie hmm. Iris holdin Pachurisu & Dawn petting Emolga lol writers, I see what you did there.

I am surprised they didn't show a flashback of Dawn's Hoenn contests or any of her rivals or anything. They didn't even tell us how many Hoenn ribbons she has.

It really makes you wonder if her Grand Festival is over or not, but I am guessing it isn't so she has someplace to return to after she departs from the group again.
    Like it was said before, most likely the writers are scrapping that just like they scrapped whatever happened to the modeling photoshoot with Buneary. The most likely and simple explanation is that her trip to Hoenn was a device used to present her actually doing something while Ash was in Unova. If the Hoenn Grand Festival had a significance to her plot it would have been mentioned in this episode just as her participation with the Junior Cup.

Dawn gets different treatment from May, so why would we expect it to be the same "she needs to get back to her rivals/ribbons/GF" story used for May? Dawn can have another kind of departure. I really don't expect her rivals or even Hoenn being referenced at all unless that's the next filler arc. It's sort of how we saw Ash enter Pallet town and then leave it but nothing in between.

Quote Originally Posted by DiamondClass View Post
    Dawn gets different treatment from May, so why would we expect it to be the same "she needs to get back to her rivals/ribbons/GF" story used for May? Dawn can have another kind of departure. I really don't expect her rivals or even Hoenn being referenced at all unless that's the next filler arc. It's sort of how we saw Ash enter Pallet town and then leave it but nothing in between.
    Because it doesn't make sense for a full-fledged coordinator not to focus on her Contests.

For those who saw the episode, did TRio and Dr.Zager get the last scene before the To Be Continued? And also what was Dr.Zager's reaction when he heard the song?

OMG! Ash remembered counter shield. That's a first. If only he could use it..........

The episode is supposed to be character interactions and introductions and it was done well. The prime focus of interactions being Piplup and Oshawott's rivalry.

Such interactions are common in anime except in this one it isn't the humans but the Pokemon that interact, mostly because the trainers themselves do not have anything in common to disagree with. But still it was good to see an old character interact with a new one.

The episode wasn't boring at all, it served the purpose of entertaining me despite nothing specila happened in this episode.
    Last edited by Alfred the Second; 29th June 2012 at 1:59 PM. Reason: despiting lol

<--My tumblr
    Quote Originally Posted by EmphaticPikachu
    DRACO NO STOP. DRACO DOWN. DRACO NO FLIRTING WITH ME.
    Quote Originally Posted by Noodlerama

FF.Net profile: Here!!
    \

Wait for the theoretical Ruby/Sapphire remake then they'll bring up Hoenn again, heh.

It was really nice to have countershield mentioned again, and to see it in action (from someone other than Ash, but still, it was acknowledged as existing). Dawn's return is a reference to old regions, of course, but nice that they at least remembered a lot in this episode (like Buneary hugging Pikachu again). Though speaking of no Brock, Oshawott has kind of taken over that role since it was staring at both Buneary and Meolotta in one episode- only to lose out. Although its a lot funnier/interesting to see Piplup and Oshawott duking it out for Meolotta's attention than Brock has been for years... when she mostly just cares about Ash, heh.

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast