Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast

Thread: Piplup, Pansage, and a Meeting of the Times! (747)

Quote Originally Posted by Dracoflare View Post
    OMG! Ash remembered counter shield. That's a first. If only he could use it..........

The episode wasn't boring at all, it served the purpose of entertaining me despiting nothing specila happened in this episode.
    same here i liked the episode and that dawn used counter shield! i just hope ash will start using it again, and surprise his rivals with it and with that dodging move dawn invented...

Does Meloetta have a crush on Piplup?

I'm so glad that Dawn returns. Looks like she's happy to see her old friend again. Its great to see the pokemon that came from Sinnoh. She seen the Pokemon Musical and Elisa. Piplup found a new love interest in Meloetta and Oshawott don't like it one bit. Seems that Oshawott formed a rivalry with Piplup over Meloetta's affection. Cynthia seems to know something. I'm excited to see the battle between Dawn and Cilan. And the way she battle with the cooridinator skills, she have gotten better and better. If she keep this up, then she will beat Zoey in the next Grand Festival and become Top Cooridinator. Too bad that Dawn got embarrassed by Cilan's "tasting time".
    I am here to help others to solve their problem,and I'm also the big fan of Kissshipping.

FC: 3737-9549-2888
    IGN: Shego

Quote Originally Posted by Shego View Post
    I'm so glad that Dawn returns. Looks like she's happy to see her old friend again. Its great to see the pokemon that came from Sinnoh. She seen the Pokemon Musical and Elisa. Piplup found a new love interest in Meloetta and Oshawott don't like it one bit. Seems that Oshawott formed a rivalry with Piplup over Meloetta's affection. Cynthia seems to know something. I'm excited to see the battle between Dawn and Cilan. And the way she battle with the cooridinator skills, she have gotten better and better. If she keep this up, then she will beat Zoey in the next Grand Festival and become Top Cooridinator. Too bad that Dawn got embarrassed by Cilan's "tasting time".
    No I don't think she will become Top Coordinator that easily. I believe that she only made it that far is because every important character who entered was a roookie. Their first Grans Festival ever. There wasn't a Robert or Solidad there.

Random : PokéRadar

What did Dr.Zager say at the end?! I need to know!

Quote Originally Posted by _Taidow_ View Post
    No I don't think she will become Top Coordinator that easily. I believe that she only made it that far is because every important character who entered was a roookie. Their first Grans Festival ever. There wasn't a Robert or Solidad there.
    I never said that she'll become a Top Coordinator so easily. With Robert and Solidad there, it will be tough. I'm only saying that Dawn improved a lot that will be able to reach her goal. She came a long way since Sinnoh Grand Festival.
    I am here to help others to solve their problem,and I'm also the big fan of Kissshipping.

Thumbs up

If she keep this up, then she will beat Zoey in the next Grand Festival and become Top Cooridinator.
    That's assuming Zoey even needs to compete in the next Grand Festival seeing as she already won one and already IS Top Coordinator. And even if she did, I doubt Dawn would beat her and take her place. The Nozomi will always go faster ahead of the Hikari, after all.

Quote Originally Posted by Pokemaniac24 View Post
    What did Dr.Zager say at the end?! I need to know!
    I think he said something along the lines of Team Rocket being ready to start a mysterious new project that they needed Meloetta's song for to kick it off. I know this is leading up to the eventual return of Giovanni and the start of the "biggest mission in Team Rocket history", but at this point I have no clue as to how it's going to reach that point and when or why Giovanni is going to step in himself. All I know is that I'm glad that Team Rocket's back to having their own running subplot again. They stopped doing that after the Kami Trio because they've been mostly absent for all of this year so far, but boy have I missed them. It should make all the upcoming Dawn and Piplup filler nonsense worth sitting through.
    Last edited by AgentPierce; 29th June 2012 at 7:02 PM.

Was okay I guess, good to see Dawn again and way better than last week's episode.
    It's also good we're starting to see a bit more of TR in this season.
    8/10
    [IMG]http://oi46.*******.com/jt7yg2.jpg[/IMG]

Quote Originally Posted by AgentPierce View Post
    That's assuming Zoey even needs to compete in the next Grand Festival seeing as she already won one and already IS Top Coordinator. And even if she did, I doubt Dawn would beat her and take her place. The Nozomi will always go faster ahead of the Hikari, after all.

I think he said something along the lines of Team Rocket being ready to start a mysterious new project that they needed Meloetta's song for to kick it off. I know this is leading up to the eventual return of Giovanni and the start of the "biggest mission in Team Rocket history", but at this point I have no clue as to how it's going to reach that point and when or why Giovanni is going to step in himself. All I know is that I'm glad that Team Rocket's back to having their own running subplot again. They stopped doing that after the Kami Trio because they've been mostly absent for all of this year so far, but boy have I missed them. It should make all the upcoming Dawn and Piplup filler nonsense worth sitting through.
    I see. I already knew that Zoey's ahead of Dawn and she won't take her place. But I'm only saying that Dawn too will become a Top Coordinator.

I enjoyed this despite myself.

Oshawott and Piplup are for some reason absolutely hilarious together. I don't even know why, it's just everything they do cracks me up big time. Hilarious.

And Dawn's confused face after Cilan did his "IT'S TASTING TIME" thing was gold as well.

This episode was awesome if just because it was kind of a blast from the past. So good. Also, Mamoswine! Yeaaahhh.

PS: Counter-Shield! COUNTER SHIELD! So good!

That counter shield was a bit rubbish really wasn't it. Hope Ash uses it at some point soon, making it good again..

Also, the Piplup and Oshawott scenes? Kill me now..

Ah well, I liked the little bit of Ash/Quilava interaction, so that's something I guess.

Great episode. I did like the way how the dynamics with Dawn and the other characters were played. Also, I like how they set things up for the upcoming episodes. To me, it was a lot better than the previous one.

Quote Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
    I am surprised they didn't show a flashback of Dawn's Hoenn contests or any of her rivals or anything. They didn't even tell us how many Hoenn ribbons she has.

It really makes you wonder if her Grand Festival is over or not, but I am guessing it isn't so she has someplace to return to after she departs from the group again.
    Yeah. That surprised me too. It was also a little bit disappointing, because I really wanted to know how she did in Hoenn so far. Maybe they will tell us in the next episodes, or with her final appearence? Guess we have to wait to know.

Overall it was a nice episode. Guess Piplup could have won against Pansage, because Piplup has more powerful moves and countered all attacks from Pansage easily. Either way, it was an alright battle.

I am just curious about something. Did anyone found the musical score at the end of the episode when Dr.Zager and TRio were talking to be epic? I mean that score really gave us the idea that these 4 are really planning something evil. Does anyone know what I'm talking about?

Anyone know where I can watch this? RAW is fine.
    Pokemon Black FC: 5458 0929 9006

I never said that she'll become a Top Coordinator so easily. With Robert and Solidad there, it will be tough. I'm only saying that Dawn improved a lot that will be able to reach her goal. She came a long way since Sinnoh Grand Festival.
    Not really. So far we've only seen Piplup now knowing Ice Beam and Drill Peck, and we saw Cyndaquil evolve.

Haven't seen this episode yet but, questions questions.

1.Has the Pokesheik(Sheik, Sheek?, Shiek?) magazine been released yet? How is Mimoru's Pokemon Stylist celebrity stuff going? Harmione said something about wanting Mimoru to come by for a magazine shoot, so I was curious what's up with that.

2.Are you guys sure that was the Counter-Shield? Not calling anyone out or the fandom ******** but, the conclusions do seem to be jumped to very often. Did Hikari refer to it as the Counter-Shield specifically? It looks more like spinning to me than the actual Counter-Shield technique. There's a huge difference between "spinning" and "Counter-Shield". Counter-Shield looks like a Pokemon actually breakdancing and making a barrier that protects and causes damage, Pochama is simply executing what looks to be a simple spin. I really don't see why everyone is making a big deal out this one in particular. Mijumaru used spinning Water Gun to get rid of the Sandstorm in Yakon's Gym. Pikachu used a spinning Iron Tail to put the smack down on Doryuuzu. This isn't the first time in BW we've seen it. I like the spinning move very much, I just don't get why everyone is going all googoo gaga over it like it's Satoshi's raison d'etre.

Lastly...that picture.

http://filb.de/content/anime/bw2/002/262.jpg

Electric rats are cool, I like how they're both fanning over each other's rodents. "Emonga VS. Pachirisu! Electrifying World Tournament Battle!!" Make it happen writers! XD

.....I love how everyone predicted Hikari and Dento would totally be new BFFLs and would cover the world in sparkles together. lol,nope :P

Wow, Iris did a lot of fawning this episode.

http://filb.de/content/anime/bw2/002/344.jpg

Just gonna take a moment to say. This picture is hilarious also.

Kamitsure in that girl biker style outfit, that image is permanently burned into my dirty young mind. I'm almost 100% sure that's gonna get cut out in the dub.

Quote Originally Posted by gotpika View Post

2.Are you guys sure that was the Counter-Shield? Not calling anyone out or the fandom ******** but, the conclusions do seem to be jumped to very often. Did Hikari refer to it as the Counter-Shield specifically? It looks more like spinning to me than the actual Counter-Shield technique. There's a huge difference between "spinning" and "Counter-Shield". Counter-Shield looks like a Pokemon actually breakdancing and making a barrier that protects and causes damage, Pochama is simply executing what looks to be a simple spin. I really don't see why everyone is making a big deal out this one in particular. Mijumaru used spinning Water Gun to get rid of the Sandstorm in Yakon's Gym. Pikachu used a spinning Iron Tail to put the smack down on Doryuuzu. This isn't the first time in BW we've seen it. I like the spinning move very much, I just don't get why everyone is going all googoo gaga over it like it's Satoshi's raison d'etre.

Uhm... Read the previous pages. When Dawn used the Counter Shield, Ash was positively surprised and Dawn said "Yup, Countershield".

No new pokemon/evolutions for Dawn? I am disappointed :/

I found it amusing that while Ash has apparently mentioned Dawn to Iris and Cilan, apparently he couldn't be bothered to call Dawn. And that is now a cold, hard fact. She had to learn from Professor Oak.

Giovanni being mentioned again was nice, and I'm curious about this TR plot. Still wish it was Genesect related, but...maybe the movie

I'm so completely neutral on Dawn I have no further comments. Pleasant episode.
    I am not worried, Harry. I am with you.

^This is my new fanfic. It's a work in progress, so please read and comment at your discretion. I hope you like it. I think you will.

Many, many thanks to Mew, who created this exceptional banner!

Harry Potter and How I Met Your Mother are currently my life.

here ia a great picsfrom the great episode!

Untitled 297.jpg
    Happiny is awesome

Bands and artists I like at the moment:
    Radiohead
    Muse
    Boards Of Canada
    The Beatles
    Bjork
    Aphex Twin
    Nine Inch Nails
    Vampire Weekend
    Lady Gaga
    Gorillaz
    Brian Eno
    Coldplay

I watched it with english help and they didn't acknowledge Drill Peck, they just stated that it was a spinning Peck, you know like Piplup used to do.

Although I love the fact that they brought back the Counter Shield. Now if only Ash went back to DP Ash.

Quote Originally Posted by _Taidow_ View Post
    I watched it with english help and they didn't acknowledge Drill Peck, they just stated that it was a spinning Peck, you know like Piplup used to do.
    Hikari and Dent called it Doriru Kuchibashi (Drill Beak) which is the Japanese name for Drill Peck. Must be a muddle up in the translation.

And it should be pointed out that "doriru" is just the Japanese pronunciation for "drill".
    Fact 1: Cameron/Kotetsu is not disliked by everybody, stop saying he is, there are people in the fandom who do like him. I am one of those people.

Fact 2: The majority of people who like unpopular characters are always the most nicest and sensible and, therefore, the best people of the fandom.

Quote Originally Posted by Raptor_Crow View Post
    Hikari and Dent called it Doriru Kuchibashi (Drill Beak) which is the Japanese name for Drill Peck. Must be a muddle up in the translation.

And it should be pointed out that "doriru" is just the Japanese pronunciation for "drill".
    Ah then that new people stink at translating. The other group does it well.

I liked this episode a lot more than I expected. I don't understand why people hate Piplup, aside from Psyduck, Totodile, Gible and Gliscor it's the only thing in this show to get a chuckle out of me. It's comedy gold by Pokemon's standards.

If you think the Sinnoh saga has been the best saga of the whole show, copy and paste this into your signature! (started by FlameRose)

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast