Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast

Thread: Piplup, Pansage, and a Meeting of the Times! (747)

Quote Originally Posted by Caseydia View Post
    I watched this episode because I was more interested in the character interactions than than just Dawn. She's usually the hogger of everything, so I'm glad a battle was in this episode instead of just filler crap.
    The more Dawn hogs the better for me. It'll be the only reason I watch Pokemon these days. XP

Fighting for real American turtles everywhere. Pro-Turtle since 6/30/13

Well after seeing the counter shield again i really hope ash uses it again! but i loved this episode i missed dawns dub voice!

I'm loving all these comments about we've missed her dub voice. I remember Dawn getting a lot of hate for her voice, but seeing these comments make me really happy. She's got such a distinct voice and Emily Beaur is a very talented voice actress who deserves a lot of credit. Dawn's dub voice is very soothing for me as its a voice I heard a lot when I went through bad times and hearing it once again after so long, well.......I'm over the moon!
    Sig deleted by Hydrohs. Read the sig rules.

The counter-shield has made a return! And Ash actually knows what it is, maybe he can start making cool strategies like this again... Anyway, Dawn was amazing. Just like I remember her from the few episodes of DP I saw. I'm really glad Quilava evolved, I just wish he got some more attention. Oshawott and Piplup are hilarious! That smile...
    I'll put something here...eventually

Quote Originally Posted by KingMinun View Post
    I'm loving all these comments about we've missed her dub voice. I remember Dawn getting a lot of hate for her voice, but seeing these comments make me really happy. She's got such a distinct voice and Emily Beaur is a very talented voice actress who deserves a lot of credit. Dawn's dub voice is very soothing for me as its a voice I heard a lot when I went through bad times and hearing it once again after so long, well.......I'm over the moon!
    We never appreciate what we have until it's gone.

Emily Bauer has always been top-notch for TPCi's dub...literally the only reason I did not quit the show is because of her VA work for Dawn. It sounds natural and it fits the character. That's something most of TPCi's voice actors sadly don't pull off for me, but Bauer is one of the exceptions.
    My Opinions Regarding the Pokémon:
    1. Anime: OS > AG > BW > DP > XY
    2. Movies: OS = AG > DP = BW
    3. English Dub: 4Kids Entertainment/TAJ Productions (EP001-EP276; AG001-AG020) = 4Kids Entertainment (AG021-AG145) = TPCi/SDI Media (The Origin)/Very Good > TPCi/DuArt Film & Video (BW001-BW115)/Average > TPCi/DuArt Film & Video (BW116-BW142)/Poor > PUSA/TPCi/TAJ Productions (AG146-AG192)/Very Poor > TPCi/DuArt Film & Video (XY001-Present)/Terrible > PUSA/TPCi/TAJ Productions/DuArt Film & Video (DP001-DP191)/Atrocious
    4. Games: XY > BW1 > BW2 > RSE > GSC > Y > HGSS > DP > RBG
    5. Pokémon: The Origin: Excellent: 93/100.
    6. TCG: Wizards of the Coast > PUSA > TPCi
    7. Manga: RS > RB > Y > FRLG > XY > BW > E > DP > GSC

Quote Originally Posted by Dwail8023 View Post
    Emily Bauer has always been top-notch for TPCi's dub...literally the only reason I did not quit the show is because of her VA work for Dawn. It sounds natural and it fits the character. That's something most of TPCi's voice actors sadly don't pull off for me, but Bauer is one of the exceptions.
    It can't be just her. Stop your bias with TPCI since you never bring them up.

Emily's a neat VA. She does a nice Shinobu from Ninja Nonsense as well.
    Pokemon: The Black & White Adventure: 14 year old Hilda is a Pokemon Trainer with a secret: she can talk to Pokemon. After setting off into Unova with her starter, she gets involved in the affairs of Team Plasma and becomes acquainted with N, a mysterious guy her age with the exact same abilities as her. While enjoying her life, a tangled web of mystery is weaved around her and the reveal may shock her beyond belief...

Join the adventure by clicking the link above. Read & Review.

Seriously, anyone who remotely like LoK, WATCH IT ON TV. Tell your friends, your family, EVERYONE!

My Tumblr

Quote Originally Posted by Hero of Ideals View Post
    It can't be just her. Stop your bias with TPCI since you never bring them up.
    Well it's just my opinion lol. It's fine. Not like I said anyone was bad or anything, I just feel that way about the current dub, and that's all I wanted to say lol.

Nothing I say is fact about the VA switch when it comes to voice acting quality. It's all completely subjective on both ends, whether one favors 4Kids or favors TPCi.
    Last edited by PokemonNation2000; 4th November 2012 at 1:48 AM.
    My Opinions Regarding the Pokémon:
    1. Anime: OS > AG > BW > DP > XY
    2. Movies: OS = AG > DP = BW
    3. English Dub: 4Kids Entertainment/TAJ Productions (EP001-EP276; AG001-AG020) = 4Kids Entertainment (AG021-AG145) = TPCi/SDI Media (The Origin)/Very Good > TPCi/DuArt Film & Video (BW001-BW115)/Average > TPCi/DuArt Film & Video (BW116-BW142)/Poor > PUSA/TPCi/TAJ Productions (AG146-AG192)/Very Poor > TPCi/DuArt Film & Video (XY001-Present)/Terrible > PUSA/TPCi/TAJ Productions/DuArt Film & Video (DP001-DP191)/Atrocious
    4. Games: XY > BW1 > BW2 > RSE > GSC > Y > HGSS > DP > RBG
    5. Pokémon: The Origin: Excellent: 93/100.
    6. TCG: Wizards of the Coast > PUSA > TPCi
    7. Manga: RS > RB > Y > FRLG > XY > BW > E > DP > GSC

Great episode. Very nice to see Dawn and her Pokémon again. The battle between Piplup and Pansage was nice, as well.

hearing dawan voice brought me back , missed her soo much soo glad she is back!

I loved mamoswine's reaction. He was always the best non piplup member of dawns team.

I don't understand why they couldn't keep it as Jeremy. Jervis seriously?

Random : PokéRadar

Quote Originally Posted by _Taidow_ View Post
    I don't understand why they couldn't keep it as Jeremy. Jervis seriously?
    There are other butler names you know?

Quote Originally Posted by Hero of Ideals View Post
    There are other butler names you know?
    Why change a normal name as Jeremy in the first place?

Random : PokéRadar

Because they can

I don't recall people complaining about Dawn's dub voice when DP was airing, and I was here throughout the entire run of its dub.

In fact when DP first started I remember everyone agreeing that both Dawn and Paul got very good voices that suited their characters. Paul especially has one of my favorite dub voices under the PUSA dub.

Quote Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
    I don't recall people complaining about Dawn's dub voice when DP was airing, and I was here throughout the entire run of its dub.

In fact when DP first started I remember everyone agreeing that both Dawn and Paul got very good voices that suited their characters. Paul especially has one of my favorite dub voices under the PUSA dub.
    Really, I wasn't on the forum at the start of DP. But on youtube, that's all I used to see was Dawn getting hate for her voice. But it really suits her!
    Sig deleted by Hydrohs. Read the sig rules.

You follow this show, names get changed 80% of the time. Not that big of a deal.

I thoroughly enjoyed this episode. Especially all the references such as Piplup's counter shield and Ash noticing that cyndaquil evolved. Also I liked how Iris told Ash to dex Piplup

Most likely due to legal issues they may have for some silly reason

Quote Originally Posted by cg19293 View Post
    I thoroughly enjoyed this episode. Especially all the references such as Piplup's counter shield and Ash noticing that cyndaquil evolved. Also I liked how Iris told Ash to dex Piplup
    That was the smartest thing Ash have done in this series. Instead of him doing it, if a character wants to know about a Pokemon, they can use Ash's pokedex temporarily to get information istead of him doing it when he knows about it. Makes him look less dumb.

P.S. Hero, before you go all DBZ on me, I was just making an observation. I'm done discussing it.

My ideal battle ever!

Really, I wasn't on the forum at the start of DP. But on youtube, that's all I used to see was Dawn getting hate for her voice. But it really suits her!
    Remember, youtube is usually filled with nostalgic fanboys who hate anything from what they consider the, "newer" seasons.

Those are people who probably haven't watched much of the show since the middle of Johto and just base everything they know from later seasons based on a few clips or random eps they saw.

Quote Originally Posted by AuraMaster View Post
    Most likely due to legal issues they may have for some silly reason
    Jeremy Jervis would've been nice.

Also this episode makes me question Ash's reset even further. How could he have never remembered the counter shield until Dawn did it here?
    Last edited by matt0044; 4th November 2012 at 3:39 PM.
    Pokemon: The Black & White Adventure: 14 year old Hilda is a Pokemon Trainer with a secret: she can talk to Pokemon. After setting off into Unova with her starter, she gets involved in the affairs of Team Plasma and becomes acquainted with N, a mysterious guy her age with the exact same abilities as her. While enjoying her life, a tangled web of mystery is weaved around her and the reveal may shock her beyond belief...

Join the adventure by clicking the link above. Read & Review.

Seriously, anyone who remotely like LoK, WATCH IT ON TV. Tell your friends, your family, EVERYONE!

My Tumblr

Quote Originally Posted by matt0044 View Post
    Jeremy Jervis would've been nice.

Also this episode makes me question Ash's reset even further. How could he have never remembered the counter shield until Dawn did it here?
    There has and never been a reset. Just another one of those stupid theories people crop up, like the coma one.

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast