Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5678910 LastLast

Thread: Piplup, Pansage, and a Meeting of the Times! (747)

Quote Originally Posted by Hero of Ideals View Post
    There has and never been a reset. Just another one of those stupid theories people crop up, like the coma one.
    By reset, I mean how Ash's battle smarts are radically different. I don't mean there really was one but it seems like Ash doesn't know this or that or is significantly dumber because, say it with me, the plot says so.

You got that right! The Legend of Korra is returning on October 3rd! Mark your calendars!

Quote Originally Posted by matt0044 View Post
    By reset, I mean how Ash's battle smarts are radically different. I don't mean there really was one but it seems like Ash doesn't know this or that or is significantly dumber because, say it with me, the plot says so.

Why does it matter? Don't let it get to you how he acts.

And so ends the advertising of only Unova Pokemon... (Finally) And as I mentioned earlier... Piplup and Oshawatt will be like to pees in a pod!
    DON'T LET OTHERS DEFINE YOU!
    YOU DEFINE YOURSELF!!
    Nintendo Network ID: Marbi-Z
    3DS Friend Code: 4596-9457-8718
    Platinum Team:
    Heartgold Team:
    White Team:
    White 2 Team:
    Alternates:
    I Love LOPUNNY and I Love GARDEVOIR too!
    Wanna battle and/or exchange 3DS Friend Codes?
    PM or VM me!

A very nice meet and greet and I thoroughly enjoyed Dawn's re-introduction it just reminds me how much I enjoyed the DP series. This episode has some great comedy moments and I hope they continue. I'm looking forward to see Dawn's non-unova pokemon being used and being introduced to even more in the wild. Dawn and Cilan's battle was great to see as Dawn was battling like a contest as Cilan was just battling, it was wonderful.

Anyway, looking forward to see how Dawn is used. So on to the next one!
    Loves every part of pokemon, loves the movies, the anime and every game, so you could call me fan lol.

Apparently i'm a...

Favourite Pokemon: but i like them all

Quote Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
    I don't recall people complaining about Dawn's dub voice when DP was airing, and I was here throughout the entire run of its dub.

In fact when DP first started I remember everyone agreeing that both Dawn and Paul got very good voices that suited their characters. Paul especially has one of my favorite dub voices under the PUSA dub.
    TPCi does relatively good for most voices for newer characters, with a few exceptions. Some I don't like they have are Iris (who I initially thought was good but then Eileen started overacting 24/7 and it's become obnoxious), Stephan (I swear I except so much more from Darren "Maximillion Pegasus" Dunstan- what a weak performance from him here), and Georgia (god I hate this dub voice-- it couldn't have been worse for Langley). It's all opinion, though.
    Last edited by PokemonNation2000; 5th November 2012 at 4:24 AM.
    Opinions Regarding the Pokémon:
    1. Anime: OS > AG > BW > DP > XY
    2. Movies: OS = AG > DP = BW = XY
    3. English Dub: 4Kids Entertainment/TAJ Productions (EP001-EP276; AG001-AG020) = 4Kids Entertainment (AG021-AG145) = TPCi/SDI Media (The Origin)/Very Good > TPCi/DuArt Film & Video (BW)/Poor > PUSA/TPCi/TAJ Productions (AG146-AG192)/Very Poor > TPCi/DuArt Film & Video (XY) = PUSA/TPCi/TAJ Productions/DuArt Film & Video (DP)/Atrocious
    4. Games: XY > BW1 > BW2 > RSE > GSC > Y > HGSS > DP > RBG
    5. Pokémon: The Origin: Excellent: 93/100.
    6. Manga: RS > RB > Y > FRLG > XY > BW > E > DP > GSC
    "It's like with each new Generation, Dogasu becomes an even bigger idiot than he was the last Generation." - Kalos Adventurer

I love how Dawn stomps in and uses counter-shield, and Ash recognizes it. Why don't use keep using it, dude?

breathe it in, i'm gonna shine. it's my moment, i'm going to fly.

Quote Originally Posted by Shneak View Post
    I love how Dawn stomps in and uses counter-shield, and Ash recognizes it. Why don't use keep using it, dude?
    That is Dawn's signature move that she created. I rather have Ash come up with his own technics instead of using other trainers.

My ideal battle ever!

Quote Originally Posted by Caseydia View Post
    That is Dawn's signature move that she created. I rather have Ash come up with his own technics instead of using other trainers.
    Technically Ash made it an "official move" just like Buizel's Ice Aqua Jet. It took his touch to get it working.

Random : PokéRadar

Only good part of this episode was Ash remembering Counter Shield even though he's too stupid to actually use it lol.
    Proud claimer of Cyndaquil and Ezio Auditore from Assassin's Creed !!
    Also proud claimer of Assassin's Creed 2 the game!!
    Just became the proud claimer of the Marvel's Agent's of S.H.I.E.L.D. TV show ^_^!!!

Quote Originally Posted by 1rkhachatryan View Post
    Only good part of this episode was Ash remembering Counter Shield even though he's too stupid to actually use it lol.
    Ash is not stupid just because he didn't do what he did in Sinnoh. Man that saga made people worse.

Ash is not stupid just because he didn't do what he did in Sinnoh.
    I agree that he won't be successful because he's dumb.

Fighting for real American turtles everywhere. Pro-Turtle since 6/30/13

This episode was quite good. Very nice to see Dawn again and I was entertained by Oshowott and Piplup fighting over Meloetta.
    My First Ever Level 100 Team:
    My Current Level 100 Team: ;635; ;598;
    70% of the Serebii population uses ultra powerful legendaries(also known as ubers) in their teams.
    If you are one of the 30% that thinks outside the box
    and doesn't use ubers, copy and paste this into your signature! (^started by SapphireL!)

Quote Originally Posted by Terra Branford View Post
    I agree that he won't be successful because he's dumb.
    That's not true. Just because he doesn't use an old technic doesn't mean he'll become master. He'll probably will think of some other move so that people can shut up about things that not a big deal.

My ideal battle ever!

Quote Originally Posted by Caseydia View Post
    Just because he doesn't use an old technic doesn't mean he'll become master
    Yes, it will. You know it's true Casey. :3

Fighting for real American turtles everywhere. Pro-Turtle since 6/30/13

Quote Originally Posted by Terra Branford View Post
    Yes, it will. You know it's true Casey. :3
    Huh? I'm not counting on counter shield being an escape goat like most people. I am counting on training being a factor.

My ideal battle ever!

Decent reintroduction for Dawn, thoroughly enjoyed seeing her and her Pokemon again. Disappointing that we're no longer going to be seeing just Unova Pokemon, would've liked a better explanation then what we were given as to why other region Pokemon appear in Eastern Unova & not Western Unova, but I guess the writers and the animation team got tired of Unova Pokemon & we've got a new game to promote.
    My Grandmother always said...
    "She who walks the path of heaven will rule over everything"

Mana (4914-3452-1470) (X)
    Gyarados, Octillary, and Azumarill

Glad to see dawn return,.. theydid a good job with it. Wish she woudl have asked about Brock,..but oh well :P

Man I love Oshawott LOL I love seeing him getting into fights.. and now with piplup is awesome. I also love hearing Meloetta sing...

Take a step and I'm on my way, gonna start all over again,.......again.

This might have been mentioned already but can someone please explain how the voice actors messed up rattata? Ra-tata? the hell is wrong with them? Is 4kids still destroying everything we love?
    W2 FC 2624-0818-8622

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisTheRed View Post
    Is 4kids still destroying everything we love?
    Newbie, 4Kids has long gone dropped dubbing the anime.

Tea time during war is serious business, you know.
    Wii U: AuraGuyChris
    Youtube Channel - Hyrule Warriors (Hard)

Chapter 219: An Alien Friend in Need - Complete!

This might have been mentioned already but can someone please explain how the voice actors messed up rattata? Ra-tata? the hell is wrong with them? Is 4kids still destroying everything we love?
    It'd be TPCi "destroying everything people love for this anime." They've had the anime since Season 9 way back in September 2006, and to date it is still looked upon as worse than the 4Kids dub by most fans of the English version. So yeah, if you dislike the current voice actors, pronunciations, dialogue, etc. you'd be saying TPCi is to blame. Most would agree with you on this one, actually, including myself. But some also disagree and feel the dubbing is better off with TPCi than it was with 4Kids. I prefer 4Kids for this anime, personally.
    Last edited by PokemonNation2000; 13th November 2012 at 8:25 PM.
    Opinions Regarding the Pokémon:
    1. Anime: OS > AG > BW > DP > XY
    2. Movies: OS = AG > DP = BW = XY
    3. English Dub: 4Kids Entertainment/TAJ Productions (EP001-EP276; AG001-AG020) = 4Kids Entertainment (AG021-AG145) = TPCi/SDI Media (The Origin)/Very Good > TPCi/DuArt Film & Video (BW)/Poor > PUSA/TPCi/TAJ Productions (AG146-AG192)/Very Poor > TPCi/DuArt Film & Video (XY) = PUSA/TPCi/TAJ Productions/DuArt Film & Video (DP)/Atrocious
    4. Games: XY > BW1 > BW2 > RSE > GSC > Y > HGSS > DP > RBG
    5. Pokémon: The Origin: Excellent: 93/100.
    6. Manga: RS > RB > Y > FRLG > XY > BW > E > DP > GSC
    "It's like with each new Generation, Dogasu becomes an even bigger idiot than he was the last Generation." - Kalos Adventurer

I zoned out watching the episode and didn't even notice this. Although I can't see how a mispronounciation would be enough to make someone angry.

Ash is not stupid just because he didn't do what he did in Sinnoh. Man that saga made people worse.
    He sure doesn't have to but it just seems like he took a major step back in terms of battling and it never ever occurs to him. And then there was his battle against Elesa.

You got that right! The Legend of Korra is returning on October 3rd! Mark your calendars!

One, not angry it's just stupid. It's a first gen pokemon that name has been said right since the first season and now it's something else because they wanna chance things. If they change how they said pikachu you would be livid am I right? They are messing up our childhood with the american bull. Let's put sandwiches where rice balls go or just call rice balls donuts.

Thank you sir. Yes it's been a long time since I sat down to watch an episode and this is what I hear. Ra-tata. So there is a company worse at dubs then 4kids? Who up for boycotting and getting the rights transfer to funamation!
    Last edited by Sushi; 13th November 2012 at 8:01 PM.
    W2 FC 2624-0818-8622

Thank you sir. Yes it's been a long time since I sat down to watch an episode and this is what I hear. Ra-tata. So there is a company worse at dubs then 4kids? Who up for boycotting and getting the rights transfer to funamation!
    I'm sure many would love Funimation getting this, but some of their actors have already appeared for some episodes. Chris Sabat, J Tatum and Leah Clark have acted a character for a few of TPCi's episodes.

Grieving for a brother, when he dies for trying to help you escape your evil ways

Quote Originally Posted by Dwail8023 View Post
    It'd be TPCi "destroying everything people love for this anime." They've had the anime since Season 9 way back in September 2006, and to date it is still looked upon as worse than the 4Kids dub by most fans of the English version. So yeah, if you dislike the current voice actors, pronunciations, dialogue, etc. you'd be saying TPCi is to blame. Most would agree with you on this one, actually, including myself. The dubbing is worse than before IMO.
    What's with your new obsession with how bad TPCi is? Everyone's voice in this episode was alright. If you didn't like Dawn's voice in DP then you wouldn't have liked it in this episode because it sounds exactly the same.

My ideal battle ever!

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5678910 LastLast