Page 2 of 45 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
Results 26 to 50 of 1101

Thread: Hidden Grotto Discussion Thread

  1. #26
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    195

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 3D992 View Post
    What's the big deal about an imposter ditto?
    It automatically transforms when you send it into battle. You don't have to use Transform anymore. Put a Choice Scarf on it and use it in Wifi, you automatically outspeed your opponent and can do real damage with it. Ditto is actually useful in battles now. o:

  2. #27
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    123

    Default

    So can Eevee be found in any hidden Hollow? Serebii just says unova, but the person on this site found it in lostlorn forest. and some1 else on route5


    ^ CLICK FOR GEN 3 - GEN 5 POKEMON EVENTS ^
    Pokemon Dream Radar Collection
    Pokemon WHITE: 3525-1343-5026
    Pokemon BLACK: 3095-7021-8024
    Pokemon X/Y: 1075-0900-1193 FILIP.
    *dont talk to people who are looking for "anything", they're not, they're a waste of time*

  3. #28

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FILIP22 View Post
    So can Eevee be found in any hidden Hollow? Serebii just says unova, but the person on this site found it in lostlorn forest. and some1 else on route5
    I'm guessing it's found anywhere.


    Check out my tumblrs: f***yeahfirepokemon or toofunktodruck
    Twitter: TooFunktoDruck
    and introducing my YT account: LassTooFunktoDruck!
    You may know me in other places as Funktastic~!
    and yes I'm still a girl

  4. #29
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    195

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lightning Raider View Post
    Does anyone know if it's possible to catch shiny Pokémon in the Hidden Hollows?
    Quote Originally Posted by Too Funk to Druck View Post
    I don't think it's known, but it's probably not possible.
    Shiny Pokemon have already been found in the Hidden Hollows. Someone in the 5th Generation Shiny Pokemon Thread claimed to have received a shiny Sap-Sipper Marill. There are more claims, such as someone finding a Shiny Herdier as well.

    They could be lying, but I see no reason why they couldn't be shiny and I am giving the people claiming to have found the shinies the benefit of the doubt. However, shininess (like gender) are probably determined when they are generated and not when you start the battle.

  5. #30

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Judas View Post
    Shiny Pokemon have already been found in the Hidden Hollows. Someone in the 5th Generation Shiny Pokemon Thread claimed to have received a shiny Sap-Sipper Marill. There are more claims, such as someone finding a Shiny Herdier as well.

    They could be lying, but I see no reason why they couldn't be shiny and I am giving the people claiming to have found the shinies the benefit of the doubt. However, shininess (like gender) are probably determined when they are generated and not when you start the battle.
    Huh. The only person I see claiming to have a Marill from BW2 is someone saying they have one from Sangi Ranch.


    Check out my tumblrs: f***yeahfirepokemon or toofunktodruck
    Twitter: TooFunktoDruck
    and introducing my YT account: LassTooFunktoDruck!
    You may know me in other places as Funktastic~!
    and yes I'm still a girl

  6. #31
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    195

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Too Funk to Druck View Post
    Huh. The only person I see claiming to have a Marill from BW2 is someone saying they have one from Sangi Ranch.
    Oh woops, guess I misread that.

    But I still don't see a reason why they would be shiny locked, it's probably generated at the same time as the Pokemon is just like the gender.

  7. #32

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Judas View Post
    Oh woops, guess I misread that.

    But I still don't see a reason why they would be shiny locked, it's probably generated at the same time as the Pokemon is just like the gender.
    If they are, it'd be the same reason DW Pokemon are shiny-locked.

    So far the only reason I can think of is because.


    Check out my tumblrs: f***yeahfirepokemon or toofunktodruck
    Twitter: TooFunktoDruck
    and introducing my YT account: LassTooFunktoDruck!
    You may know me in other places as Funktastic~!
    and yes I'm still a girl

  8. #33
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    149

    Default

    Cant you save before the Hiden hollow pokemon, and then turn off until they´re female?

  9. #34

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Vivian View Post
    Cant you save before the Hiden hollow pokemon, and then turn off until they´re female?
    Nope. Once they're generated, the gender is locked.


    Check out my tumblrs: f***yeahfirepokemon or toofunktodruck
    Twitter: TooFunktoDruck
    and introducing my YT account: LassTooFunktoDruck!
    You may know me in other places as Funktastic~!
    and yes I'm still a girl

  10. #35
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Littleroot Town
    Posts
    1,070

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Judas View Post
    Shiny Pokemon have already been found in the Hidden Hollows. Someone in the 5th Generation Shiny Pokemon Thread claimed to have received a shiny Sap-Sipper Marill. There are more claims, such as someone finding a Shiny Herdier as well.

    They could be lying, but I see no reason why they couldn't be shiny and I am giving the people claiming to have found the shinies the benefit of the doubt. However, shininess (like gender) are probably determined when they are generated and not when you start the battle.
    That Shiny Marill of mine might not have been legit. I accidently left the shiny code on when I was testing it and I might of hit the trigger to activate it when I found Marill...

    Whether Hidden Hollow Pokemon are Shiny Locked or not, I'm not sure. I don't see why it shouldn't...

    BAN TALONFLAME TO UBERS!
    __________
    Twitter

  11. #36
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Sacramento, CA
    Posts
    53

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Too Funk to Druck View Post
    Nope. Once they're generated, the gender is locked.
    That really sucks.

    I guess you just have to get lucky..


    Thanks a lot shaymini!

  12. #37
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Your monitor
    Posts
    687

    Default

    That means you just save outside the hidden hollow then? :/ or it's already generated before we enter it?

    Somebody should try a test to SR for shiny hidden hollow XD
    Y Team :3


    pics from spp :3

  13. #38
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Littleroot Town
    Posts
    1,070

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Torosiken View Post
    That means you just save outside the hidden hollow then? :/ or it's already generated before we enter it?

    Somebody should try a test to SR for shiny hidden hollow XD
    It's already generated before we enter it. IVs and Level isn't though. So it might be possible to get a Shiny...or it pulls a Victini on us and has a Shiny Lock on it...<_<

    BAN TALONFLAME TO UBERS!
    __________
    Twitter

  14. #39

    Default

    Apparently a Hollow has a 5% chance of regenerating an item/Pokemon every 256 steps. This is from bond697/mat.
    Last edited by Too Funk to Druck; 1st July 2012 at 9:32 AM.


    Check out my tumblrs: f***yeahfirepokemon or toofunktodruck
    Twitter: TooFunktoDruck
    and introducing my YT account: LassTooFunktoDruck!
    You may know me in other places as Funktastic~!
    and yes I'm still a girl

  15. #40
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Going down in flames
    Posts
    9,694

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Too Funk to Druck View Post
    I'm guessing it's found anywhere.
    I AM CRYING TEARS OF AWESOMENESS

    Quote Originally Posted by Aura Flare Riolu View Post
    It's already generated before we enter it. IVs and Level isn't though. So it might be possible to get a Shiny...or it pulls a Victini on us and has a Shiny Lock on it...<_<
    While I'm no expert, isn't the PID RNG separate from the Mersenne Twister RNG? Meaning that if the gender and nature are the same after resetting, we can conclude that shininess will be as well?

  16. #41
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Littleroot Town
    Posts
    1,070

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by a person View Post
    While I'm no expert, isn't the PID RNG separate from the Mersenne Twister RNG? Meaning that if the gender and nature are the same after resetting, we can conclude that shininess will be as well?
    Nature, IVs are different every time. I just tested it on a Combee (It was Male this time. Aww...) and one time it was Careful nature, and the 2nd time it was Docile Nature.

    Victini had a Shiny Lock because of a script in the code where if it would be a Shiny, it'll calculate it again until it's not a Shiny.

    BAN TALONFLAME TO UBERS!
    __________
    Twitter

  17. #42
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Going down in flames
    Posts
    9,694

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Aura Flare Riolu View Post
    Nature, IVs are different every time. I just tested it on a Combee (It was Male this time. Aww...) and one time it was Careful nature, and the 2nd time it was Docile Nature.

    Victini had a Shiny Lock because of a script in the code where if it would be a Shiny, it'll calculate it again until it's not a Shiny.
    Where did you reset? I've heard people saying that resetting doesn't work for Hidden Hollows.

    I was asking about the RNGs more for the purposes of RNGing or SRing for a shiny, not shiny locks.

  18. #43
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    123

    Default

    Resetting in front of the Pokemon changes stats and nature, however its gender is locked.


    ^ CLICK FOR GEN 3 - GEN 5 POKEMON EVENTS ^
    Pokemon Dream Radar Collection
    Pokemon WHITE: 3525-1343-5026
    Pokemon BLACK: 3095-7021-8024
    Pokemon X/Y: 1075-0900-1193 FILIP.
    *dont talk to people who are looking for "anything", they're not, they're a waste of time*

  19. #44

    Default

    How things in Hidden Hollows are generated:
    http://www.smogon.com/forums/showpos...postcount=1239

    So, now we just need to see how it actually determines what it generates.


    Check out my tumblrs: f***yeahfirepokemon or toofunktodruck
    Twitter: TooFunktoDruck
    and introducing my YT account: LassTooFunktoDruck!
    You may know me in other places as Funktastic~!
    and yes I'm still a girl

  20. #45
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    123

    Default

    Yea, he also just made a code that regenerates 100% after 1 step. So far getting like 75% items lol


    ^ CLICK FOR GEN 3 - GEN 5 POKEMON EVENTS ^
    Pokemon Dream Radar Collection
    Pokemon WHITE: 3525-1343-5026
    Pokemon BLACK: 3095-7021-8024
    Pokemon X/Y: 1075-0900-1193 FILIP.
    *dont talk to people who are looking for "anything", they're not, they're a waste of time*

  21. #46
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Your monitor
    Posts
    687

    Default

    256? cool ^^ now I can go to hidden hollows anytime I want P:
    Y Team :3


    pics from spp :3

  22. #47
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    80

    Default

    Has anyone else found an Eevee in a hidden hollow yet? Or is it just me (literally)?

  23. #48
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Littleroot Town
    Posts
    1,070

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by virizionx86 View Post
    Has anyone else found an Eevee in a hidden hollow yet? Or is it just me (literally)?
    Not yet but I'm searching for it right now. lol

    BAN TALONFLAME TO UBERS!
    __________
    Twitter

  24. #49

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by virizionx86 View Post
    Has anyone else found an Eevee in a hidden hollow yet? Or is it just me (literally)?
    There was someone else who found one after you.


    Quote Originally Posted by Torosiken View Post
    256? cool ^^ now I can go to hidden hollows anytime I want P:
    Yeah, but it's only a 5% chance of something being regenerated.


    Check out my tumblrs: f***yeahfirepokemon or toofunktodruck
    Twitter: TooFunktoDruck
    and introducing my YT account: LassTooFunktoDruck!
    You may know me in other places as Funktastic~!
    and yes I'm still a girl

  25. #50
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Littleroot Town
    Posts
    1,070

    Default

    Just found a Female Moxie Pinsir in Lostlorn Forest Hidden Hollow. Heck yes!

    EDIT: I thought Pinsir was exclusive to White 2? So does that mean that in Black 2, Pinsir is only in the Hidden Hollows while Heracross is in the Wild? And Vise-versa for White 2?
    Last edited by Aura Flare Riolu; 1st July 2012 at 10:46 AM.

    BAN TALONFLAME TO UBERS!
    __________
    Twitter

Page 2 of 45 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •