Page 12 of 45 FirstFirst ... 2891011121314151622 ... LastLast
Results 276 to 300 of 1101

Thread: Hidden Grotto Discussion Thread

  1. #276
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    1

    Default

    So far I've caught Pachirisu and Hariyama from the Hidden Grottos, both with hidden abilities. Volt Absorb for Pachirisu and Sheer Force for Hariyama. I want a Drought Vulpix SO bad. I would love to trade for one.

  2. #277
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Unova: Strange House
    Posts
    36

    Default

    I have quite a few Pokemon from the grottoes, I will list them below. Genders differ.

    Qty Name Ability

    X1 Clefairy Friend Guard
    X1 Marill Sap Sipper
    X1 Dunsparce Rattled
    X1 Hariyama Sheer Force
    X1 Medicham Telepathy
    X1 Zangoose Toxic Boost
    X3 Seviper Infiltrator
    X1 Absol Justified
    X1 Bibarel Moody
    X2 Combee Hustle
    X1 Pachirisu Volt Absorb
    X1 Skuntank Keen Eye
    X1 Chatot Big Pecks
    X1 Watchog Analytic
    X2 Herdier Scrappy
    X1 Liepard Prankster
    X1 Zebstrika Sap Sipper
    X1 Cincinno Skill Link
    X4 Foongus Regenerator
    X3 Amonnguss Regenerator
    X1 Mienfoo Reckless
    Last edited by Darkendra; 26th October 2012 at 2:01 AM. Reason: To make it easier to see name of Pokemon and determine the name from ability
    3DS FRIEND CODE
    1908-0000-6389

    I DARKENDRA SHALL UNLOCK THE TRUE POTENTIALS OF ALL LEGENDARY POKEMON!


  3. #278
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Maine
    Posts
    2,865

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by randall103 View Post
    So far I've caught Pachirisu and Hariyama from the Hidden Grottos, both with hidden abilities. Volt Absorb for Pachirisu and Sheer Force for Hariyama. I want a Drought Vulpix SO bad. I would love to trade for one.
    any Pokémon you find in a Grotto has to have its DW ability.

  4. #279
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Parilia City
    Posts
    2,757

    Default

    Well, I've been looking for a new Pokémon to hunt in the Grottos, but all I've been getting are items. I've been running around for well over a hundred cycles of 256 steps, too... ):





    [IMG]http://i49.*******.com/2h6dobp.png[/IMG]

  5. #280
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Outside of Hawaii (I wish...)
    Posts
    7,671

    Default

    I'm starting to seriously lament the lack of any people I know who own a copy of White 2 to get the pass power that increases the frequency that the grottos regenerate at.

  6. #281
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Parilia City
    Posts
    2,757

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rakurai View Post
    I'm starting to seriously lament the lack of any people I know who own a copy of White 2 to get the pass power that increases the frequency that the grottos regenerate at.
    Does it increase the percent chance or does it decrease the amount of steps?

    Either way, that pass power is version exclusive? o:





    [IMG]http://i49.*******.com/2h6dobp.png[/IMG]

  7. #282
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Outside of Hawaii (I wish...)
    Posts
    7,671

    Default

    I think just decreases the number of steps required to have a chance at a grotto returning.

    The only way to get the power is to have an Entree with a high Black and White level, meaning you need to do missions hosted by a player of the other version.

  8. #283
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    New England
    Posts
    45

    Default

    I'm in the Route 6 Hidden Grotto, and my dowsing machine says there's an item in there but I can't pick it up. I know how to pick things up by pushing "A" for hidden items outside of the grotto, however, it is not working inside the grotto. Does anyone know what I have to do to empty it? Is this a glitch?

  9. #284
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    15,612

    Default

    I don't know what Dark God I earned the favor of, but suddenly I've been finding Pokemon in these grottoes all over
    A Watchog, a Pachirisu, a Venonat. Also another Foonguss & Amoonguss but already had one of those

  10. #285
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Unova: Strange House
    Posts
    36

    Default

    I've found a bit more Pokemon now. My previous ones now include, Leavanny, Woobat, and Corsola.
    3DS FRIEND CODE
    1908-0000-6389

    I DARKENDRA SHALL UNLOCK THE TRUE POTENTIALS OF ALL LEGENDARY POKEMON!


  11. #286
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    1,883

    Default

    Ok, these Hidden Grottoes are becoming quite frustrating (or it's just my luck). Been at it for a whole week and no Heracross, Poliwhirl, Ditto, or Bagon. I'm starting to think GameFreak went a bit overboard with the 5% chance and rarities with rarities (yo dawg I herd you like...).

  12. #287

    Default

    The 5% chance with the content percentages being what they are is truly annoying. The chance to regenerate should be higher, or better chances of recieving pokemon imo. Mostly I've gotten items (though I haven't been truly hunting the grottoes yet). I have gotten 2 pokemon beyond the required Minccino - a male Watchog and a female Zangoose - thankfully what I wanted most from the grottoes was a female Zangoose, so I lucked out a bit with that.

  13. #288
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Skyship Palidor
    Posts
    379

    Default

    Well maybe they thought they'd balance it out with the Global Link chances. Grottoes have the advantage of being farmed while Global Link can only be done one hour a day. And even then it's all up to chance if the Pokémon you want will appear.


    Anyone saying Red is a good trainer please explain to me how he can have a Jolteon get OHKO'ed by a Thunderbolt. From a Rhyhorn.

    Proud owner of an English Unnerve Mewtwo.

    I'm currently in Sinnoh and Johto-Kanto at the moment. If you want to do a trade, notify me when as I won't be online in Kalos (Gen VI).

  14. #289
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Parilia City
    Posts
    2,757

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Xaby View Post
    Well maybe they thought they'd balance it out with the Global Link chances. Grottoes have the advantage of being farmed while Global Link can only be done one hour a day. And even then it's all up to chance if the Pokémon you want will appear.
    Maybe, but you'd think that the percentage chance could be increased a notch to like 10% or something, right?





    [IMG]http://i49.*******.com/2h6dobp.png[/IMG]

  15. #290
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Skyship Palidor
    Posts
    379

    Default

    Hey I'm not even sure what the percentage are in PGL. I look for a Vulpix for over a month and then bam, 3 in a day.

    Statistics is weird.

    But the fact remains that Hidden Grottoes are farmable, and given enough time anybody can catch up to statistics. In PGL, time is your limitation.


    Anyone saying Red is a good trainer please explain to me how he can have a Jolteon get OHKO'ed by a Thunderbolt. From a Rhyhorn.

    Proud owner of an English Unnerve Mewtwo.

    I'm currently in Sinnoh and Johto-Kanto at the moment. If you want to do a trade, notify me when as I won't be online in Kalos (Gen VI).

  16. #291
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    1,883

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Xaby View Post
    Hey I'm not even sure what the percentage are in PGL. I look for a Vulpix for over a month and then bam, 3 in a day.

    Statistics is weird.

    But the fact remains that Hidden Grottoes are farmable, and given enough time anybody can catch up to statistics. In PGL, time is your limitation.
    While Hidden Grottoes are farmable, they are extremely limited based on chance. There isn't really a lot of space for freedom like what the GL offers. That being said, not everyone is going to have the time to farm them, nor are they going to always get what they want (I mean let's be real, the RNG can be a saviour to someone and a jackass to another). At least with the Global Link/Dream World, you're limited by time but you can take advantage of the surroundings in order to get a certain type of DW Pokemon.

    If you had to ask me, the GL is more balanced than the HG (as the mechanics are far too strict to even make use of the system).

  17. #292
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Parilia City
    Posts
    2,757

    Default

    Speaking of regeneration in Hidden Grottos, if a player takes 255 steps, saves, then takes one more step, and the player knows for certain that a Pokémon has spawned after their 256th step, then soft resets, reloads their file, then walks one more step, will a Pokémon have spawned, or is it still random as that step is taken?





    [IMG]http://i49.*******.com/2h6dobp.png[/IMG]

  18. #293
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    North West England
    Posts
    22

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Robbob View Post
    I'm in the Route 6 Hidden Grotto, and my dowsing machine says there's an item in there but I can't pick it up. I know how to pick things up by pushing "A" for hidden items outside of the grotto, however, it is not working inside the grotto. Does anyone know what I have to do to empty it? Is this a glitch?
    I'm having the exact same issue in route 5, i've tried standing every direction around it, and i just can't pick it up, i've turned off and on, been in and out of the grotto, it's always the same on my dowsing machine, yet i cannot pick it up. If this is a glitch, it's actually kind of a major problem, since the grottos cannot re-spawn while there is an item inside!

  19. #294
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    79

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Wishing Star View Post
    Speaking of regeneration in Hidden Grottos, if a player takes 255 steps, saves, then takes one more step, and the player knows for certain that a Pokémon has spawned after their 256th step, then soft resets, reloads their file, then walks one more step, will a Pokémon have spawned, or is it still random as that step is taken?
    No the step counter for Hidden Grottoes isn't saved. You would have to walk 256 steps.
    I hate how people covet events and treat them as if they have value, so I make all my events free to everyone. Don't be a jerk and treat them as if they have value by adding them to your thread. Random female DW Pokémon - please use these for breeding purposes only.

  20. #295
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Toronto, Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    5,901

    Default

    I haven't really gotten around to searching through the Grottos much, I visited them all on Black 2 at less once though.

    I got a Nosepass, Minccino(Not the one you get when Bianca tells you about them, I guess I should feel lucky since it has 1% chance of appearing), Zangoose, and a Hariyama. I also have a Dunsparce but I've decided not to use it(Rattled doesn't seems like it would be that useful for Dunsparce). I found an Absol, a few Liepard, a few Foongus and Amoonguss, Watchog, Bibarel, Sneasel, Combee. I think a Golduck, Medicham, and Seviper, maybe others.

    Also found a bunch of items, of course, Mulches are the most common I find. I've found a Shard or two though, I think at less one Evolution Stone, Mushrooms, Poke Balls, Repel.

    I want to get:
    Nidoran♀
    Nidoran♂
    Manectric
    Venonat
    Woobat
    Cubchoo
    Muk
    Garbodor
    Drifloon
    Kingler
    Dragonite
    Mienfoo
    Gligar
    Breloom
    Bagon
    Poliwhirl
    Ditto
    Vulpix
    Pinsir
    Heracross

    Not 100% certain on them all though, and I may end up getting some that I didn't list.
    3DS Friend Code: 3153-4608-8374
    Friend Safari: Steel(Ferroseed, Forretress, and Bronzong)

  21. #296
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    North West England
    Posts
    22

    Default

    Awesome! Really hope you find them all though I was just wondering if you picked up the hidden item up off the floor when you got the first minccino, since i think it's preset to be the same in every game, and i just can't seem to pick it up! If you didn't pick it up, and you actually got another minccino to appear, there must actually be nothing in there, otherwise... theres something up with my game...

  22. #297
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    1,810

    Default

    -__________-

    I'm so freaking unlucky the only mon I have found is Minccino!! I have been to all the grottos and nothing always empty!!

  23. #298
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    North West England
    Posts
    22

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Robbob View Post
    I'm in the Route 6 Hidden Grotto, and my dowsing machine says there's an item in there but I can't pick it up. I know how to pick things up by pushing "A" for hidden items outside of the grotto, however, it is not working inside the grotto. Does anyone know what I have to do to empty it? Is this a glitch?
    After a while of trying to figure this out, i decided to do lots of steps to try and see if it would trigger a new item/pokemon to appear, but i went back in, and there was still a hidden item, but for some reason i could pick it up now, maybe it was a glitch with the dowsing machine and you should just try to get something else to spawn there! I hope i helped and you fix this!

  24. #299
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    A big city
    Posts
    13

    Default

    When a pokemon appears in a hidden grotto, is its gender determined and unchangeable? For example, at one hidden grotto I found a male leavanny. I saved in front of it and kept soft resetting in hopes of getting a female, but though the level changed the gender was always male. I never tried catching it before soft resetting it so I don't know if the nature changed as well. I know there's only a 30% chance of getting a female, but I tried soft resetting repeatedly for a couple of days or so and never got it as a female so just gave up and caught it as a male. So I wonder is the gender determined when the pokemon regenerates, and won't change no matter if you soft reset it after it's arrived?

  25. #300
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    North West England
    Posts
    22

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Super Cute Poke Doll View Post
    When a pokemon appears in a hidden grotto, is its gender determined and unchangeable? For example, at one hidden grotto I found a male leavanny. I saved in front of it and kept soft resetting in hopes of getting a female, but though the level changed the gender was always male. I never tried catching it before soft resetting it so I don't know if the nature changed as well. I know there's only a 30% chance of getting a female, but I tried soft resetting repeatedly for a couple of days or so and never got it as a female so just gave up and caught it as a male. So I wonder is the gender determined when the pokemon regenerates, and won't change no matter if you soft reset it after it's arrived?
    I think how it works is that some things like the kind of pokemon and gender are determined when the pokemon appears in the grotto, but when you battle it, it's IV's and levels are randomly generated, like a wild pokemon, im currently trying to get a female minccino so i understand the frustration but i'd suggest to try and get a different leavanny to spawn if you want a female.

Page 12 of 45 FirstFirst ... 2891011121314151622 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •