Page 16 of 45 FirstFirst ... 612131415161718192026 ... LastLast

Thread: Hidden Grotto Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Wishing Star View Post
    How do you guys like to do your Hidden Grotto hunts? Run around outside one Grotto until 256 steps have been taken, then going back in? Or shuffling back and forth between several Grottos that have Pokémon that you want?
    Eh I just go into all of them then go breed a pokemon to ev train usually takes a lot of steps and resets a bunch ive noticed.

Is there any way to increase my chances of getting a Swift Swim Poliwhirl from Pinwheel forest, I keep getting pokeballs ._.

.: 3DS FC: 0490-5034-9209 :.
    .: DeviantART :: Graphics Thread :: Art Thread :: Art Shop :.

Quote Originally Posted by Blood Red Absol View Post
    Is there any way to increase my chances of getting a Swift Swim Poliwhirl from Pinwheel forest, I keep getting pokeballs ._.
    I'm pretty sure that Pass Power that you get from the Funfest Missions increases the chances of finding a Pokémon. (:

[IMG]http://i49.*******.com/2h6dobp.png[/IMG]

i haven't had much luck finding pokemon in the hidden grottos. i'll have to be persistant but I do want to find a few to use for my teams

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Bardische View Post
    So, is there any particular reason why mulch is found in the Hidden Hollows? Is it just to emphasize that it's an unexplored area of sorts and that there's ~rare soil~ or something? It's just weird since you can't really use the mulch :U

There's someone in the game that asks you if you have Mulch, I believe he gives you something in return. Unfortunately I completely forget who it was and where I spoke to him.. Ask around, I'm sure someone knows what I'm talking about.

Today certainly was a wonderful day for me, as I managed to get a female Skill Link Minccino, Technician Breloom, and an Imposter Ditto.

That just leaves Mienfoo and Bagon as my other wanted Pokemon.

I've got so much mulch i don't know what to do with it. I've found a few pokemon, minccino, Marill, etc., tons of mulch and a few pokeballs. I want to find more pokemon and do you know where you can sell mulch? anyone? please tell me!!!!

Always watching. Always waiting. Never truly at peace in a realm of its own.
    Giratina will return....someday.

Quote Originally Posted by fitzy909 View Post
    I've got so much mulch i don't know what to do with it. I've found a few pokemon, minccino, Marill, etc., tons of mulch and a few pokeballs. I want to find more pokemon and do you know where you can sell mulch? anyone? please tell me!!!!
    In Mistralton City near the south end of the runway is a person who you can sell the mulch for 1000 pokeyen a bag.
    Got my copy of X!

is there away of SRing for different pokemon/items of hidden grottos?

White FC: 2666 1277 6544
        Spoiler:- Credit & Trade offers:

Quote Originally Posted by Dragoniteftw View Post
    is there away of SRing for different pokemon/items of hidden grottos?
    Nope. You could try saving, then running 256 steps, and checking the hollow to see what you get, and keep repeatedly doing that, but it's not particularly efficient.

Quote Originally Posted by Bramble View Post
    In Mistralton City near the south end of the runway is a person who you can sell the mulch for 1000 pokeyen a bag.
    It's just too bad that an item that was previously actually useful for something other than resell became an item whose only use is resell due to the nature of the game. :/

It's just too bad that an item that was previously actually useful for something other than resell became an item whose only use is resell due to the nature of the game. :/
    At least you get more than you normally would... at the cost of selling the mulch one bag at a time...

Quote Originally Posted by Agonist View Post
    At least you get more than you normally would... at the cost of selling the mulch one bag at a time...
    Yeah, that's true.

At least they did something with the mulch, but I would've preferred it if we could transfer the mulch to the Dream World or something to grow berries more efficiently or something like that. :/

Yeah, that's true.

At least they did something with the mulch, but I would've preferred it if we could transfer the mulch to the Dream World or something to grow berries more efficiently or something like that. :/
    Unless the Mulch has some use in the near future....

.: So, what's next? | Edit by me, do not steal. :.
    .: IF YOU HAVE QUESTIONS ABOUT THE GAMES, PLEASE CHECK THE [MAIN SITE] FIRST :.

Well that happened with the shards.
    No one wants them in B/W, so people questioned why they are available in Black City/White Forest. Then suddenly the tutors in B2/W2 requires shards

Let's say R/S/E remake is confirmed. We all know R/S/E is the series that introduce berry trees. And guess what Mulches are for?

The same goes for the colored Flutes. They're useless in B/W and B2/W2, but we all know R/S/E is the series that introduce them, there's the possibility that they will actually have their old effect back only in the R/S/E remake......

My shinies. Just click the links~

~Shiny Banner 1~
    ~Shiny Banner 2~
    ~Shiny Banner 3~

My shinies are not for trade or cloning.
    Shinies are not listed in order, for example the last shiny on the banner is not always the latest shiny I've obtained.
    Banner 1 made by Light Venusaur, thanks ^_^

Quote Originally Posted by Shine View Post
    The same goes for the colored Flutes. They're useless in B/W and B2/W2, but we all know R/S/E is the series that introduce them, there's the possibility that they will actually have their old effect back only in the R/S/E remake......
    Wait... I haven't actually tried but the Flutes lost their effect in BW/BW2?

EDIT: Nevermind. It did lose its effect. Guess I'll sell it then.

.: So, what's next? | Edit by me, do not steal. :.
    .: IF YOU HAVE QUESTIONS ABOUT THE GAMES, PLEASE CHECK THE [MAIN SITE] FIRST :.

Quote Originally Posted by gliscor&yanmega View Post
    I haven't really gotten around to searching through the Grottos much, I visited them all on Black 2 at less once though.

I got a Nosepass, Minccino(Not the one you get when Bianca tells you about them, I guess I should feel lucky since it has 1% chance of appearing), Zangoose, and a Hariyama. I also have a Dunsparce but I've decided not to use it(Rattled doesn't seems like it would be that useful for Dunsparce). I found an Absol, a few Liepard, a few Foongus and Amoonguss, Watchog, Bibarel, Sneasel, Combee. I think a Golduck, Medicham, and Seviper, maybe others.

Also found a bunch of items, of course, Mulches are the most common I find. I've found a Shard or two though, I think at less one Evolution Stone, Mushrooms, Poke Balls, Repel.

I want to get:
    Nidoran♀
    Nidoran♂
    Manectric
    Venonat
    Woobat
    Cubchoo
    Muk
    Garbodor
    Drifloon
    Kingler
    Dragonite
    Mienfoo
    Gligar
    Breloom
    Bagon
    Poliwhirl
    Ditto
    Vulpix
    Pinsir
    Heracross

Not 100% certain on them all though, and I may end up getting some that I didn't list.
    Got Manectric a couple of days ago. Almost done...D:
    3DS Friend Code: 3153-4608-8374
    Friend Safari: Steel(Ferroseed, Forretress, and Bronzong)

Quote Originally Posted by Wulava View Post
    Unless the Mulch has some use in the near future....
    Well that happened with the shards.
    No one wants them in B/W, so people questioned why they are available in Black City/White Forest. Then suddenly the tutors in B2/W2 requires shards
    In BW, were the shards sold because there was no use for them, or was selling them to a specific person their actual use?

It's different with the mulches in BW2 in that the use of the mulches is to be sold (much like Nuggets and Star Pieces), whereas the Shards in BW literally had no use (from how you've described them, anyway).

Quote Originally Posted by Wulava View Post
    Wait... I haven't actually tried but the Flutes lost their effect in BW/BW2?

EDIT: Nevermind. It did lose its effect. Guess I'll sell it then.
    So that is why it did not work when I tried to use them...

In BW, were the shards sold because there was no use for them, or was selling them to a specific person their actual use?
    There's literally no use for shards in B/W, not even a single NPC buys them for higher price like what happened with the Flutes.

My shinies. Just click the links~

~Shiny Banner 1~
    ~Shiny Banner 2~
    ~Shiny Banner 3~

My shinies are not for trade or cloning.
    Shinies are not listed in order, for example the last shiny on the banner is not always the latest shiny I've obtained.
    Banner 1 made by Light Venusaur, thanks ^_^

There's literally no use for shards in B/W, not even a single NPC buys them for higher price like what happened with the Flutes.
    although iirc the only way you could get them in the first place in BW was buying them at outrageously expensive prices in Black City.

I had a couple great finds last night/this morning. I usually run to each grotto before heading to bed. Within Pinwheel Forest I found Murkrow (though I forgot to save before catching, so it has a poor nature). On Route 23 I found an Absol. It was female, so I plan to breed her. In Giant Chasm I also encountered a Pokemon I never did before (no...not Ditto): a Metang. I was happy to capture it, even though I already have a Beldum from Dream Radar.
    ***New Signature To Come***

Checked all the grottos today. Only pkmn I've found is 2 male watchog in route 2.... Lame

Quote Originally Posted by jwla View Post
    I had a couple great finds last night/this morning. I usually run to each grotto before heading to bed. Within Pinwheel Forest I found Murkrow (though I forgot to save before catching, so it has a poor nature). On Route 23 I found an Absol. It was female, so I plan to breed her. In Giant Chasm I also encountered a Pokemon I never did before (no...not Ditto): a Metang. I was happy to capture it, even though I already have a Beldum from Dream Radar.
    even though Light Metal Metagross is about as useful as having no ability?

I'd consider today to be a good Grotto day, got Bagon, Ditto, and Heracross(On White 2 so it's 0.25%). So now all I want are:

Nidoran♀
    Nidoran♂
    Venonat
    Woobat
    Cubchoo
    Muk
    Garbodor
    Drifloon
    Kingler
    Dragonite
    Mienfoo
    Gligar
    Breloom
    Poliwhirl
    Vulpix
    Pinsir

Getting the three I did makes it feel not so difficult anymore, still annoying having to restart for a good Nature though, I got lucky though, only took a few resets this time.
    3DS Friend Code: 3153-4608-8374
    Friend Safari: Steel(Ferroseed, Forretress, and Bronzong)

Page 16 of 45 FirstFirst ... 612131415161718192026 ... LastLast