Page 17 of 44 FirstFirst ... 713141516171819202127 ... LastLast

Thread: Hidden Grotto Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Agonist View Post
    even though Light Metal Metagross is about as useful as having no ability?
    Well, some people just love to collect them, regardless of whether the ability is useful or not.

My shinies. Just click the links~

~Shiny Banner 1~
    ~Shiny Banner 2~

My shinies are not for trade or cloning.
    Shinies are not listed in order, for example the last shiny on the banner is not always the latest shiny I've obtained.
    Banner 1 made by Light Venusaur, thanks ^_^

Quote Originally Posted by Wishing Star View Post
    How do you guys like to do your Hidden Grotto hunts? Run around outside one Grotto until 256 steps have been taken, then going back in? Or shuffling back and forth between several Grottos that have Pokémon that you want?
    I start at the one in route 2, then go to the next grotto in ascending route order. Basically the list on serebii's site is the order i go in. By the time i get to the lost lorn one which is the last one i visit, they should all regen so i just do that until i get bored

this is the order that the Grottos regenerate in, in case anyone is interested.

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/12206225/hollow.htm

this is the order that the Grottos regenerate in, in case anyone is interested.

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/12206225/hollow.htm
    I always visit the Grotto based on their location in the game (the one in the Ranch first, then the Route 5 & Lostlorn one, then the ones on Route 6, and so on).

Reading that list, seems like I'm doing the right thing after all.

My shinies. Just click the links~

~Shiny Banner 1~
    ~Shiny Banner 2~

My shinies are not for trade or cloning.
    Shinies are not listed in order, for example the last shiny on the banner is not always the latest shiny I've obtained.
    Banner 1 made by Light Venusaur, thanks ^_^

I seem to have the worst luck with these Grotto's. The RNG gods aren't being kind. I visit them once a day and so far the only Pokémon I've seen is when Bianca first shows you the grotto's.

Even though RNG hates me, I still do like the feature. It's a fun thing to do, going out and searching.

I got a Dragonite and a Manectric the other day. I was thrilled.
    I also got a Naughty Zangoose.

Looking at Pinwheel (exterior) for a Bagon for the last few hours. All I've gotten so far is three Medicham, a Green Shard and some Growth Mulch. Wish I could just trade from my Diamond and HeartGold, but I traded my Salamence on to my old HeartGold (which I then lost with a million other rare pokemon) and the Safari Zone trick in HeartGold just isn't working for me, so running around like this is really my only choice

Quote Originally Posted by alamarco View Post
    I seem to have the worst luck with these Grotto's. The RNG gods aren't being kind. I visit them once a day and so far the only Pokémon I've seen is when Bianca first shows you the grotto's.

Even though RNG hates me, I still do like the feature. It's a fun thing to do, going out and searching. :)
    You'll have to visit more than once a day if you really want anything. :p

You'll have to visit more than once a day if you really want anything.
    Haha, seems like it. :P

Right now it's just a thing to do and not a priority. Mainly hoping to get lucky while doing other things in game. Once I finishing more and I'll start doing the grotto's more often. I figured by doing once a day I'd get at least one or two by now. :P

if you save your game before interacting with the pokemon in the hidden grotto will the gender reset everytime you interact with it again? because I have been getting always males
    . Pokemon Black FC : 2151 3135 7016

. Pokemon White 2 FC : 4814 6076 9041

. Pokemon Y FC : 3325 1707 2950
    | shiny pokemon caught (and bred) in Y : 36

Maddie's successful MM shinies in White 2
    . no shiny charm used .

Current shiny hunt: Torchic - 500+ eggs hatched

Spoiler:- MM results:

Quote Originally Posted by Bluemiracle View Post
    if you save your game before interacting with the pokemon in the hidden grotto will the gender reset everytime you interact with it again? because I have been getting always males
    See post #169,

Quote Originally Posted by Wishing Star View Post
    The gender is locked in as soon as the Pokémon is generated. (Note that the Pokémon is generated when the player character is outside the Hidden Grotto; in other words, the player never knows when a Pokémon has been generated in any Hidden Grotto).

Found 2 decent pokes today in sheer force Hariyama and swift swim golduck. Only pkmn I'm wanting that i don't have now are poliwhirl dragonite and ditto

I got the level 3 grotto power today, and I honestly feel like I'm running into less Pokemon with it active then I did with the level 2 version.

It'll be nice if someone manages to figure out just how it influences the appearance rates of the Pokemon.

On my first ever Hidden Grotto marathon, I found myself a female Bagon. Score!

Quote Originally Posted by Shine View Post
    Well, some people just love to collect them, regardless of whether the ability is useful or not.
    Same here, I am a specimen collector, I like to own at least one of every specimen. As in One of each ability type, each gender, and if I encounter it in game, I catch shinies. (A no brainer on the last part)

I am also a big game hunter, I look for shaking spots, seek the big ones in Hidden Grottoes, and fish for finds a lot rarer than your average Seaking. Try the Dragonite I caught last year, level 70, I nicknamed it "Dovakihn" and left it virtually UT.
    What is Life's Greatest Illusion?
    Innocence, my brother...

Managed to find Poliwhirl and Drifblim, the other night. I am about to run through them again, to see what I can find. Hoping for something... Well, something different. Meaning no Manectric, Pachirisu or Venonat (which seem to show up a lot).
    ***New Signature To Come***

I run into a lot of Foonguses and Amoongus too, it's kind of annoying, since I own enough female Foongus and Amoongus to just kill them on sight now.
    What is Life's Greatest Illusion?
    Innocence, my brother...

Sigh, for now what I want is a Swift Swim Poliwhirl, Multiscale Dragonite, and perhaps a Sheer Force Bagon.
    Oh, I also want a Technichian Breloom. Him and Poliwhirl have been the ones I've wanted for a while, but I've gotten nothing so far.

I'm doomed, I can't seem to find any other Pokemon lately, I've found a Manectric but that's about the only different one lately.
    3DS FRIEND CODE
    1908-0000-6389

I DARKENDRA SHALL UNLOCK THE TRUE POTENTIALS OF ALL LEGENDARY POKEMON!

Question, if you find a pokemon in a Hidden Hollow, but leave without battling it, will it still be there if you go back in??

Quote Originally Posted by Rikis View Post
    On my first ever Hidden Grotto marathon, I found myself a female Bagon. Score!
    You are the person I despise on Earth the most at the moment. I don't care aboutt nature, gender, ability or whatever, I just want a Bagon! I've been looking for three days now without seeing a single pokemon and the grotto is seemingly never re-generating.

Quote Originally Posted by Champion Jared 14 View Post
    Question, if you find a pokemon in a Hidden Hollow, but leave without battling it, will it still be there if you go back in??
    Yup. Anything you find in a hidden grotto will remain there forever until you interact with it.
    Successful Serebiiforum Wi-Fi trades (47): Redblood012, jabs4, NoobPokemon, EH TuCker, talface, Palagerini, tyvaughn, Ubermac, BattleElf, kinder suprise, "Freak" owns, ninjakitten, cyclo195, Poke Rock, LegndKillr83, Merchant, Petal (x4), Penguin_Man, caffeine87, MegaGalvatron, Jirachidude, Dragon Rules, Wicked Weavile, Stevenwoo (x2), dax324, VealChop, Troggy, J.T., zivc, DaRkJoLtEoN, pkfan, faethemoose, thegreattjtoot, Zormon, ebevan91, Pharosher, The Apostle, Bloodflowers, Cear13, Celestial Moth, hawkmbl, Mare, ShinyRay5

Quote Originally Posted by GildedScizor View Post
    You are the person I despise on Earth the most at the moment. I don't care aboutt nature, gender, ability or whatever, I just want a Bagon! I've been looking for three days now without seeing a single pokemon and the grotto is seemingly never re-generating.
    I found a Bagon too. To bad it's male and has lax nature.

The guy up there is indeed a lucky b*st*rd xD

but I got lucky finding a female Zangoose with toxic boost. And she has jolly nature to :-D
    IGN: Carlos
    FC: 0903-2783-6541

[CENTER]SIGNATURE SOON...[/COLOR]

Quote Originally Posted by ludiloco View Post
    I found a Bagon too. To bad it's male and has lax nature.

The guy up there is indeed a lucky b*st*rd xD

but I got lucky finding a female Zangoose with toxic boost. And she has jolly nature to :-D
    He certainly is.
    I actually found a male Zangoose with Toxic Boost first try! You'd think I was lucky but I'll never actually make any use of it

Quote Originally Posted by Chimecho3000 View Post
    Yup. Anything you find in a hidden grotto will remain there forever until you interact with it.
    Ugh, I'm just so SICK of seeing Sheer Force Hariyamas...I already have one...Swift Swim Poliwhirl and Multiscale Dragonite must be EXTREMELY rare.

Page 17 of 44 FirstFirst ... 713141516171819202127 ... LastLast