Page 25 of 45 FirstFirst ... 1521222324252627282935 ... LastLast

Thread: Hidden Grotto Discussion Thread

But Combee is the common Pokemon. That likely means that no matter where it goes it would likely have a 15% chance of showing up
    It's purposely the booby prize of the Lostlorn forest. They'd probably put something crappy in its place rather than up Pinsir/Heracross/Leavanny's rates.

Quote Originally Posted by R_N View Post
    But Combee is the common Pokemon. That likely means that no matter where it goes it would likely have a 15% chance of showing up
    It's purposely the booby prize of the Lostlorn forest. They'd probably put something crappy in its place rather than up Pinsir/Heracross/Leavanny's rates.
    Oh, you meant that they'd add stuff to the already-existing Grottoes.

I was speaking as if they would only removed some Pokémon in already-existing Grottoes and added them to the Grottoes you came up with, and that they merely adjusted the rates at which the Pokémon that weren't tampered with appeared.

[IMG]http://i49.*******.com/2h6dobp.png[/IMG]

I found a Sneasel last night, I've now got everything from that Grotto bar Ditto *cry*

I suppose on the plus side I also found the 1% Hariyama...
    Grass Pokemon 4ever

On my Black 2 I got a female Pinsir in the Lostlorn Forest Grotto, that is a .00075% chance if I did the math right. Compare that to the .012% chance of finding a shiny.

Quote Originally Posted by Something~Kinda~Ooooh View Post
    I found a Sneasel last night, I've now got everything from that Grotto bar Ditto *cry*

I suppose on the plus side I also found the 1% Hariyama...
    Quote Originally Posted by It is I, View Post
    On my Black 2 I got a female Pinsir in the Lostlorn Forest Grotto, that is a .00075% chance if I did the math right. Compare that to the .012% chance of finding a shiny.
    Congrats to both of you! (:

How long did it take for you two to get them? o:

Actually, I was trying for a female Combee and randomly happended across the Pinsir. As for how long, I have no idea. My game barely has 200 hours but I rarely check the Hollows, so maybe the 70-somethingith check if that many. Although I do seem to have good luck with them, I have found about 18 unique females from the various hollows incuding a Medicham (.003%) on mabye the 8th visit to that hollow.

Quote Originally Posted by It is I, View Post
    Actually, I was trying for a female Combee and randomly happended across the Pinsir. As for how long, I have no idea. My game barely has 200 hours but I rarely check the Hollows, so maybe the 70-somethingith check if that many. Although I do seem to have good luck with them, I have found about 18 unique females from the various hollows incuding a Medicham (.003%) on mabye the 8th visit to that hollow.
    I'd say you're pretty lucky, then. In fact, I'd say that if there's any luck involved, I bet most people are "lucky" in terms of consistency and finding the same Grotto spawns over and over again (whether or not they're bad or good).

FINALLY! Found an imposter Ditto. I thought all I was ever going to find was mulch and clefairy. I never want to see another clefairy EVER.

I've been searching for that alternating with my shiny cubchoo hunt for at least six weeks, and I find both in one day! I am never going to be that lucky again.

Anyone who hasn't found one yet, keep going, it will be there...eventually.

I eagerly anticipated Hidden Grottos and the promise of obtaining a weather inducing Vulpix and Politoed prior to Black+White 2's release especially since i am unable to connect to the DW. Once the serebii page concerning it got published I did the maths (math) on my chances of them being what spawned in their respective grotto's as well as them being female only to be monumentally discouraged when i discovered the possibility for either to occur was .006% or 1 in a 16667 chance.

After realising my chances I didn't really bother to investigate these grotto's, i did check out a few but never went out of my way to see them and only visited three more than once. Today i thought I'd check them all and clear out whatever lay in them, shockingly most of the ones i'd already visited were empty despite me not visiting them since i had 4 badges and i now have 8 ( a lot of steps).

Fortunately i was made incredulous at something else, something good, on my first attendance of the route 7 grotto i came upon and captured a female Seviper. Infiltrator is not particularly useful but the hope I gained is. I now am aware that in spite of the odds not favouring me that luck is unpredictable and as such can happen whenever and all you can do is make sure you're there in the position to get lucky.

My plea to others is not to forfeit your dreams of striking gold in the mines that are hidden grottoes and to continue your pursuit regardless of the possibility and against the tide of negativity in your mind.
    ORAS? I'm excited

Indieformer

I have done decent on my Hidden Grotto excursions. I managed to find these females in the last week:

Amoonguss
    Clefairy
    Seviper
    Bibarel
    Medicham
    Breloom!

My hunt now is to get an Imposter Ditto with a Relaxed Nature (that's the preferred nature right?)

Quote Originally Posted by your boss View Post
    I have done decent on my Hidden Grotto excursions. I managed to find these females in the last week:

Amoonguss
    Clefairy
    Seviper
    Bibarel
    Medicham
    Breloom!

My hunt now is to get an Imposter Ditto with a Relaxed Nature (that's the preferred nature right?)
    Impressive haul

Yep Relaxed is preferred although Sassy is an option too, the former is if you want a defence boost and the second for Special defence
    ORAS? I'm excited

Indieformer

So I went Hidden Grotto hunting today.

I spent an hour trying to find myself an Amoonguss, but all I could find were Poké Balls that weren't disguised. For an hour though, I'd say that my progress was decent in terms of the number of times I went in Grottoes trying to look for stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Stymie View Post
    Impressive haul

Yep Relaxed is preferred although Sassy is an option too, the former is if you want a defence boost and the second for Special defence
    Sassy is actually preferred over Relaxed.

Quote Originally Posted by Agonist View Post
    Thanks Agonist, and an IV of 0 in Speed is needed as well I believe.

Quote Originally Posted by Agonist View Post
    Whereas normally, I'd argue that it depends on what you want your Pokémon to do, since it's a Ditto we're talking about here, it can only really accomplish one role, and so I'd say that there really is one preferred nature.

In any case, back to getting Mulches from these Grottoes. I'm just getting really unlucky today. :/

Quote Originally Posted by your boss View Post
    Thanks Agonist, and an IV of 0 in Speed is needed as well I believe.

And a 31 HP IV.

I'm not sure if it's been talked about already, but what are the chances of getting a visible item, an invisible item, and a Pokémon in a Grotto?

Quote Originally Posted by Wishing Star View Post
    I'm not sure if it's been talked about already, but what are the chances of getting a visible item, an invisible item, and a Pokémon in a Grotto?
    .....40-40-20?

My shinies. Just click the links~

~Shiny Banner 1~
    ~Shiny Banner 2~
    ~Shiny Banner 3~

My shinies are not for trade or cloning.
    Shinies are not listed in order, for example the last shiny on the banner is not always the latest shiny I've obtained.
    Banner 1 made by Light Venusaur, thanks ^_^

Quote Originally Posted by Shine View Post
    I could've sworn it was 40/20/40 (visible/invisible/Pokémon). Hmm. :/

Well, thanks for the info. (:

Quote Originally Posted by Chase23 View Post
    FINALLY! Found an imposter Ditto. I thought all I was ever going to find was mulch and clefairy. I never want to see another clefairy EVER.

I've been searching for that alternating with my shiny cubchoo hunt for at least six weeks, and I find both in one day! I am never going to be that lucky again.

Anyone who hasn't found one yet, keep going, it will be there...eventually.
    Lucky . All I've been running into are items and mulch as of late . A few Pokemon here and there, but not the ones I want to run into.
    Looking forward to the release of Pokémon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire.

Will be training up the shiny Abra I have that's named Robin in honor of you. May you R.I.P.

Quote Originally Posted by WishIhadaManafi5 View Post
    Lucky . All I've been running into are items and mulch as of late . A few Pokemon here and there, but not the ones I want to run into.
    I always keep finding the same Mienfoo on Route 22's Hidden Grotto. What am I doing to the game that makes it not like me and always give Mienfoo and not a more awesome Pokémon? D:

I haven't even find ANY Pelipper (4% encounter chance) on that HG. It's always either an item, nothing, or an Amoonguss ._.

You're lucky to always get a Mienfoo, it has 1% encounter chance.

My shinies. Just click the links~

~Shiny Banner 1~
    ~Shiny Banner 2~
    ~Shiny Banner 3~

My shinies are not for trade or cloning.
    Shinies are not listed in order, for example the last shiny on the banner is not always the latest shiny I've obtained.
    Banner 1 made by Light Venusaur, thanks ^_^

Quote Originally Posted by Shine View Post
    I haven't even find ANY Pelipper (4% encounter chance) on that HG. It's always either an item, nothing, or an Amoonguss ._.

You're lucky to always get a Mienfoo, it has 1% encounter chance.
    Are you serious? Geez... and I thought I was unlucky... sort of!

But wow! Too bad they're all male... ):

Has anyone ever come across a DW Poliwhirl yet in this game?

Page 25 of 45 FirstFirst ... 1521222324252627282935 ... LastLast