Page 27 of 45 FirstFirst ... 1723242526272829303137 ... LastLast

Thread: Hidden Grotto Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by vapes123 View Post
    Is the Eevee with the dream world ability in the hidden grotto in Abundant Shrine supposed to be there? Because I'm hearing a lot of different things about it.
    The hidden ability Eevee is a special event hidden grotto mission. He is not avaliable at this time.

While trying to find a Gligar (odds of 2000/1), I encounter a shiny (odds of 8192/1).

I think the game is trolling me a bit!

It must've not been in a grotto since that would be impossible, I'd rather take a shiny over a grotto pokemon though

Quote Originally Posted by Crimson_Blazer View Post
    It must've not been in a grotto since that would be impossible, I'd rather take a shiny over a grotto pokemon though
    Yeah, it was just outside in some shaking grass. Should've made that clear! While estactic (as it was my 1st), I'm a bit annoyed that they gave me a shiny when I wasn't looking!
    ALL MY SHINIES: RE

...gonna have to work on this list!

3DS Friend Code: 5069-3966-1867
    Friend Safari type: Psychic

I find it kind of silly how low the odds of encountering some of the grotto Pokemon are when you can find them so easily in the Dream World by comparison.

Quote Originally Posted by Rakurai View Post
    I find it kind of silly how low the odds of encountering some of the grotto Pokemon are when you can find them so easily in the Dream World by comparison.
    That would be the likely reason why they're so rare, or so common, respectively.

found a male Granbull on Rt 2, & a female Butterfree in Pinwheel Forest...along with a load of pokeballs, a red shard, 2 mulch, & a repel...
    3DS: Lainey: 5456-0840-5985
    Pokemon X -Rock Safari with , , & Barbaracle

I found a male Granbull there too, still no females from grottoes yet.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bone Cold Marowak Guy View Post
    Because gen. 6 will have 126 Pokemon exactly, and show up near May 24, 2016 (give or take 3 weeks).

Had a good day!

- venonat
    - swablu
    - gligar
    - seviper
    - watchog
    - amoonghus

My 3DS games:

- Mario Kart 7 (2011)
    - Resident Evil: Revelations (2011)
    - Super Mario 3D Land (2011)
    - Bravely Default (2012)
    - Fifa 13 (2012)
    - Fire Emblem: Awakening (2012)
    - Etrian Odyssey Untold: The Millennium Girl (2013)
    - Pokémon Y (2013)
    - Steel Diver: Sub Wars (2014)

Ive found a female corsola, amoongus, pachirisu and 2 male minccino's and marill.... Im having better luck with dream radar lol I normally toss back all my male finds which are most of them....

I played a bit on my White 2 for the first time since last year, and went to see if anything was waiting for me in the Giant Chasm grotto (I've been looking for a Ditto for a while now)

Walked in, and found a Metang waiting for me. Not what I wanted, but way better than nothing or Clefairy.
    3DS Friend Code: 3351-4057-4675 (Vicki)
    2DS Friend Code: 0361-7983-6340 (Breanna)
    Nintendo Network ID Wii U: IrisMist

Friend Safari X (3DS): Vicki ~ Rock with Onix, Boldore & Shuckle
    Friend Safari Y (2DS): Breanna ~ Ice with Delibird, Bergmite & ???

Currently playing: Mario Kart 8

Quote Originally Posted by Iris Mist View Post
    I played a bit on my White 2 for the first time since last year, and went to see if anything was waiting for me in the Giant Chasm grotto (I've been looking for a Ditto for a while now)

Walked in, and found a Metang waiting for me. Not what I wanted, but way better than nothing or Clefairy.
    Well, actually, Clefairy would probably be better, due to it not having an entirely useless DW ability.

Quote Originally Posted by Agonist View Post
    Well, actually, Clefairy would probably be better, due to it not having an entirely useless DW ability.
    I already met at least half a dozen Clefairy, that's why I say that. At least, Metang is something new
    3DS Friend Code: 3351-4057-4675 (Vicki)
    2DS Friend Code: 0361-7983-6340 (Breanna)
    Nintendo Network ID Wii U: IrisMist

Friend Safari X (3DS): Vicki ~ Rock with Onix, Boldore & Shuckle
    Friend Safari Y (2DS): Breanna ~ Ice with Delibird, Bergmite & ???

Currently playing: Mario Kart 8

Today i found three pokemon i didn't have yet. Nidoran male, spheal and gligar. Now the only pokes from the grottoes I'm missing are ditto, nidoran female, poliwhirl, heracross, vulpix and dragonite then all my wants will be gone and i can shiny hunt again

No luck with the Hidden Grottoes as of late . All I've been running into for the most part are items.
    Looking forward to the release of Pokémon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire.

Will be training up the shiny Abra I have that's named Robin in honor of you. May you R.I.P.

found a female Bibarel on Rt 3 yesterday, after i failed at getting a satisfactory nature after a few resets, i just took whatever it gave me ( think it was serious natured...) i've been having great luck with finding females, but i don't feel like SRing a million times...methinks i need some sychronizers...they do work in the grottoes, don't they?
    3DS: Lainey: 5456-0840-5985
    Pokemon X -Rock Safari with , , & Barbaracle

Quote Originally Posted by manniezmoll View Post
    found a female Bibarel on Rt 3 yesterday, after i failed at getting a satisfactory nature after a few resets, i just took whatever it gave me ( think it was serious natured...) i've been having great luck with finding females, but i don't feel like SRing a million times...methinks i need some sychronizers...they do work in the grottoes, don't they?
    Yes they do.

All I've found lately is mulch. But then again, I haven't really been checking the Hidden Grottoes.

Credit to Sworn Metalhead for the banner

Quote Originally Posted by sunnygowing View Post
    While trying to find a Gligar (odds of 2000/1), I encounter a shiny (odds of 8192/1).

I think the game is trolling me a bit!
    Where you getting this 2000/1 odds from? There's a 1% chance of finding a Gligar there.
    Successful Serebiiforum Wi-Fi trades (47): Redblood012, jabs4, NoobPokemon, EH TuCker, talface, Palagerini, tyvaughn, Ubermac, BattleElf, kinder suprise, "Freak" owns, ninjakitten, cyclo195, Poke Rock, LegndKillr83, Merchant, Petal (x4), Penguin_Man, caffeine87, MegaGalvatron, Jirachidude, Dragon Rules, Wicked Weavile, Stevenwoo (x2), dax324, VealChop, Troggy, J.T., zivc, DaRkJoLtEoN, pkfan, faethemoose, thegreattjtoot, Zormon, ebevan91, Pharosher, The Apostle, Bloodflowers, Cear13, Celestial Moth, hawkmbl, Mare, ShinyRay5

rode back and forth between the grotto in the outer section of pinwheel forest and the one on route 18 for a few hours last night. found a chatot (so cute) and currently SRing for a jolly/naive bagon with ivs i can bring home to mother. it's male, so no DD moxie outrageousness for me just yet. but still... he should be quite formidable.

good luck on your searches, guys.

Quote Originally Posted by br7ndon View Post
    rode back and forth between the grotto in the outer section of pinwheel forest and the one on route 18 for a few hours last night. found a chatot (so cute) and currently SRing for a jolly/naive bagon with ivs i can bring home to mother. it's male, so no DD moxie outrageousness for me just yet. but still... he should be quite formidable.

good luck on your searches, guys.
    Can easily use a Scarf set.

Quote Originally Posted by Agonist View Post
    Can easily use a Scarf set.
    i've fooled around with one, but since i did go with a speed nature, my mence doesn't have the power sometimes to get the moxie boost after its first turn in battle. i've got a life orb on it now... putting it out against things i know it can outspeed.

I have spent a good 4 days grinding the route 23 hidden grotto for gligar. I have been biking nonstop and have gotten every pokemon from that grotto multiple times I dont even bother catching them anymore. The only time I got relatively close to catching (or at least seeing one) was when I got a fire stone. Since firestones are like a 1% chance I felt like it was the closest I got to gligar. Has anyone else spent a long time trying to get a pokemon? Did you actually get it?

Also I must say that I am new to the whole competitive pokemon battling. I had no idea what ivs or evs were. I'm guessing when I catch this gligar I should cross my fingers it is female so I can breed it like crazy to get good ivs right? From what I read only 2 stats can be 31 correct? I'm so confuse :s

Quote Originally Posted by NuteIla View Post
    Also I must say that I am new to the whole competitive pokemon battling. I had no idea what ivs or evs were. I'm guessing when I catch this gligar I should cross my fingers it is female so I can breed it like crazy to get good ivs right? From what I read only 2 stats can be 31 correct? I'm so confuse :s
    Every stat can have a 31 IV, but without RNG abuse it's not likely at all (1 in 30,000ish odds iirc). But yes, you can soft-reset for good IVs/nature, although if it's male, it'll never be female through soft-resetting.

Page 27 of 45 FirstFirst ... 1723242526272829303137 ... LastLast