Page 29 of 45 FirstFirst ... 1925262728293031323339 ... LastLast

Thread: Hidden Grotto Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by LexSuicune View Post

That being said, why is it so IMPOSSIBLE to find a Beedrill in Pinwheel forest? I wanna gauge my eyes out I'm so flustered.
    which version are you playing? i ask only because your signature has a W2 FC in it & Beedrill is only on B2...could be why you're not finding it...
    3DS: Lainey: 5456-0840-5985
    Pokemon X -Rock Safari with , , & Barbaracle

ó_ó LOL Yes, I meant Butterfly.

¬_¬ Nothing shows up in the Pinwheel Grotto T_T

Quote Originally Posted by LexSuicune View Post
    ó_ó LOL Yes, I meant Butterfly.

¬_¬ Nothing shows up in the Pinwheel Grotto T_T
    Are there any open Grottos before it?

I wish there were more grottos

"Small but Brave! Keldeo the Hero!!"

3DS FC- 4141-3093-5467

FS- Flying Safari- Hawlucha,Woobat,Spearow

Please add me to your Friend Roster!

I keep finding Foongus in the Hidden Grottoes and it's really annoying. Also, lots of Liepard in the Hidden Grotto on Route 9. Like almost every time I visit that one there's a Liepard. I also keep visiting the Hidden Grotto at Lostlorn Forest, but there's never anything good there; just Mulch hidden in the grass. I'm going to stop visiting that one since there's really no point in wasting time navigating through that forest just to be disappointed. And I too wish there were more Hidden Grottoes; at least one in every route would've been nice.

I kinda dont like the Hidden Grottoes. There OK, but they never give me what I want. Im trying to find a Lombre in the Route 3 one on the water. But its never there D:<

And I might be late saying this if no one else knows it. But in the game, it said like 250steps for them to respawn. So like 1 Max repel. Its like that sometimes. I noticed after I used one right outside of it. I seen a Gooey Mulch and then 250steps later. I seen a dragonite. I killed it xD

Every 256 steps, not 250.

Sorry xD I was off by 6 steps. Just beat me with a fish already

I don't like how little the odds are of finding a Pokemon in Hidden Grottoes, most of the time I just find a useless item.

Quote Originally Posted by silver_phoenix View Post
    I wish there were more grottos

Same here, if I were designing the game, here's some more Grotto locations I'd add:

-Rt. 16: In either of the two areas requiring HMs (not sure which)
    -Rt. 7: In the trees just below the balancing beam leading to Twist Mountain
    -Rt. 14: Near the entrance to Abundant Shrine
    -Rt. 12: In the back right corner of the route, near the western wall of Lacunosa Town
    -Rt. 9: Near where Challenger's Cave used to be (replace the one near Tubeline Bridge with this one)
    -Rt. 23: Somewhere in the maze of trees
    -Moor of Icirrus: In the back right section of the moor, just left of the cliff
    -Dreamyard: In the section where you chase Latios/Latias, behind the gap in the wall (that one would be diabolical, as it would be hard to see the trees where that one would be located)
    Last edited by Bolt the Cat; 15th February 2013 at 8:00 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by LizardonX View Post
    Tabitha has really let himself go, just how many lava cookies did he eat in the last 11 years?

and don't forget the Pledge Grove. There are plenty of spaces for two Hidden Grottos there.

My shinies. Just click the links~

~Shiny Banner 1~
    ~Shiny Banner 2~
    ~Shiny Banner 3~

My shinies are not for trade or cloning.
    Shinies are not listed in order, for example the last shiny on the banner is not always the latest shiny I've obtained.
    Banner 1 made by Light Venusaur, thanks ^_^

Quote Originally Posted by Shine View Post
    and don't forget the Pledge Grove. There are plenty of spaces for two Hidden Grottos there.
    IDK about two, but certainly at least one would be nice.
    Last edited by Bolt the Cat; 16th February 2013 at 2:40 AM.
    Tabitha has really let himself go, just how many lava cookies did he eat in the last 11 years?

Expanded opportunities for Hidden Grottos would've been nice - like in cliff faces, and whatnot ("There's a small crack in the rocks just big enough to slip through").

Quote Originally Posted by Agonist View Post
    Expanded opportunities for Hidden Grottos would've been nice - like in cliff faces, and whatnot ("There's a small crack in the rocks just big enough to slip through").
    Yeah, like what they did with Secret Bases in RSE. You could create bases in trees, bushes, and rock faces.

Quote Originally Posted by Too Funk to Druck View Post
    Yeah, I'm pretty sure someone has found one there. It's in one of the two, but I'm not sure which one.
    The Drought hidden ability vulpix can be found in the hidden grotto that you found bronzor in.

Getting frustrated finding a ditto in the giant chasm hidden grotto, I found a zillion metangs but not even one ditto and considering how frequent I find a 5% rarity pokemon like metang I would think I encounter a ditto in hidden grotto at least once >_>;.
    My Deviantart: http://ninfiaplushies.deviantart.com/
    My Pokemon White 2 FC: 3483 2007 2970
    Slyveon/Ninfia picture belongs to http://x-squishystar-x.deviantart.com Orginal moving gif version can be seen here: http://x-squishystar-x.deviantart.co...nfia-353982850

Quote Originally Posted by Bolt the Cat View Post
    Yeah, like what they did with Secret Bases in RSE. You could create bases in trees, bushes, and rock faces.
    In addition to those, you know what would be another awesome way to find Hidden Grottoes? Underwater through Dive spots. Then we could actually have a use for Dive beyond using it to access Abysmal Ruins.

I was actually lucky enough to find a Ditto in the Giant Chasm grotto. But that's about it. My luck with the others has been pretty average.
    Top Five Non-Legends<---You can't stop them from domination...

Friend Codes:
    SoulSilver: 2407-8763-0856
    Platinum: 4726-3826-6538
    Pearl: 1890-7956-1544
        Spoiler:- Battle Info:

NeoDarkraiTV <--This is my YouTube account. Click and watch my Twilight Princess Runthrough and FireRed Runthrough.
    Currently working on making a competitve battling guide. Help would be appreciated.

Follow me on twitter.com/NeoDarkrai or facebook.com/NeoDarkraiTV for random stuff and updates on when new Episodes are up.

I wonder if I will ever find pokemon in the grottos again. I always seem to find mulch or small miniscule items

"Small but Brave! Keldeo the Hero!!"

3DS FC- 4141-3093-5467

FS- Flying Safari- Hawlucha,Woobat,Spearow

Please add me to your Friend Roster!

Quote Originally Posted by silver_phoenix View Post
    I wonder if I will ever find pokemon in the grottos again. I always seem to find mulch or small miniscule items
    You can use pass powers to increase the odds of finding a Pokemon in the Grottos.

Quote Originally Posted by Agonist View Post
    You can use pass powers to increase the odds of finding a Pokemon in the Grottos.
    Great, but we shouldn't have to use a Pass Power to make the Grottos worth using.

I just found a Breloom holding some berry I can't remember. Is it rare?

Quote Originally Posted by Silversword View Post
    I just found a Breloom holding some berry I can't remember. Is it rare?
    Kebia Berry. And yes, it's rare, but you can't plant berries in the normal game, so it doesn't really matter.

I've been finding lots of cool Pokemon in the Hidden Grottoes recently. I found a Manectric in one of the Hidden Grottoes on Route 3, which surprised me since I had already found a Pachirisu and a Bibarel there and I didn't expect to find anything else. I also found a Bagon and a Medicham in the Hidden Grotto outside of Pinwheel Forest, which was cool. I really want to explore as many Hidden Grottoes as possible in order to get more cool Pokemon, but some of them are completely out of the way and I don't have time to search all of them.

Where are the eevees found in the hidden grotto's?
    I'm looking for one :x
    Currently PlayingPokemon X

Shinys so far: ;541;

You can't find Eevee in Hidden Grottos.

Page 29 of 45 FirstFirst ... 1925262728293031323339 ... LastLast