Page 32 of 45 FirstFirst ... 2228293031323334353642 ... LastLast

Thread: Hidden Grotto Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Shiny Bulbasaurrr View Post
    I've only been in the one grotto I got shown. How do you actually find them by the way? Or is this another 3DS feature on a DS game? :S lol.
    Look for a growth between two trees on anywhere that has Hidden Grottoes. You can find them on any system. You can find a list on Serebii' s Hidden Grotto page in the Black2/White2 section. Happy to help!
    I AM ERROR!
    Check out my YouTube channel! http://m.youtube.com/#/user/NinjaOfT...injaOfTheSkies
    My Pokemon/Futurama fanfic: http://www.fanfiction.net/s/9186329/...anto-Adventure

Question: Is there a way of improoving the chance of finding a Pokemon instead of Items? I only find items, and rarely find Pokemon.
    And I'm too impatient in my search for a Bagon

Quote Originally Posted by Elysian View Post
    Question: Is there a way of improoving the chance of finding a Pokemon instead of Items? I only find items, and rarely find Pokemon.
    And I'm too impatient in my search for a Bagon
    Erm, sorry, I don't think so. Just walk around a lot to try and regenerate them. You just have to get lucky. Although using Honey MIGHT work, I'm not sure.
    I AM ERROR!
    Check out my YouTube channel! http://m.youtube.com/#/user/NinjaOfT...injaOfTheSkies
    My Pokemon/Futurama fanfic: http://www.fanfiction.net/s/9186329/...anto-Adventure

No, Honey won't work, since it isn't a standard encounter, it's a stationary encounter.

My shinies. Just click the links~

~Shiny Banner 1~
    ~Shiny Banner 2~
    ~Shiny Banner 3~

My shinies are not for trade or cloning.
    Shinies are not listed in order, for example the last shiny on the banner is not always the latest shiny I've obtained.
    Banner 1 made by Light Venusaur, thanks ^_^

Quote Originally Posted by Shine View Post
    No, Honey won't work, since it isn't a standard encounter, it's a stationary encounter.
    Eh, I tried to think up a good idea.
    I AM ERROR!

I'm trying to find a bagon in a hidden grotto outside Pinwheel forest. I've already tried over 40 times yet I still can't find one. The ones with the lower percentage of appearing are the ones who frequently appear. Is this a glitch or what?

Quote Originally Posted by Azimuth1011 View Post
    I'm trying to find a bagon in a hidden grotto outside Pinwheel forest. I've already tried over 40 times yet I still can't find one. The ones with the lower percentage of appearing are the ones who frequently appear. Is this a glitch or what?
    No, not a glitch. Keep going and you will succeed for sure.

I think the hidden grottos are here to just waste your time walking in and out of it trying to find some rare pokemans. Its hard enough for me to find mulch or even ANYTHING.
    I did find a nideran on my first try same with pacherizo. (Sorry for there spellings!) Pretty weird. Just some luck based thing so you can keep digging for it. I want to complete the game so i can find dragonite in hidden grotto! >

Quote Originally Posted by Azimuth1011 View Post
    Keep trying. I was looking for another pokemon and got bagon on the 50th try. It's based on luck and chance of finding it I think. Though I dont know how to reset the hidden grotto. Maybe that makes it even longer....

Personally, I think the Hidden Grottoes are convoluted, among other things. Leave it to GameFreak to screw up a good idea.
    However, I have gotten a Breloom, Marill, Gligar, and more, so it's not all bad.

Is it just me or is cubchoo impossible to find in the hidden Grotto? I never even found one yet and I have been trying forever. I hope next gen we do not have to deal with crap like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Seraphina View Post
    Is it just me or is cubchoo impossible to find in the hidden Grotto? I never even found one yet and I have been trying forever. I hope next gen we do not have to deal with crap like this.
    I've been searching in the Grottoes for at least a month or two, and there's still a handful of Pokemon I've never run into at all (Dunsparce, Heracross, Pinsir, Cubchoo, Swablu, Skorupi, Breloom, Bagon, Poliwhirl, Nidoran, and Granbull IIRC), not even as males.

And yeah, I'm sick of them making DWfs stupidly rare. Not just here, but in the DW as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by LizardonX View Post
    Tabitha has really let himself go, just how many lava cookies did he eat in the last 11 years?

Guess what?
    I have a Hidden Ability Cubchoo... I guess I'm just lucky
    I AM ERROR!

Quote Originally Posted by ThePurpleOne View Post
    Guess what?
    I have a Hidden Ability Cubchoo... I guess I'm just lucky
    D= How long did it take you to find one in the hidden grotto? I have a friend who is practically begging me for a beartic with swift swim.

D= How long did it take you to find one in the hidden grotto? I have a friend who is practically begging me for a beartic with swift swim.
    It's all luck, it could take you 3 days to find one, or it could take you 3 months. If you really need one that badly, I suggest you use Serebii's Trade Forum, as DWfs are so stupidly rare that it could take you forever to get one yourself. In particular, I'd check out this thread:

http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthr...Trading-Thread
    Tabitha has really let himself go, just how many lava cookies did he eat in the last 11 years?

I actually found a Cubchoo when I wasn't looking..I think maybe my 3rd time of searching that particular one.

I also think I managed to find it in Autumn which is odd...

Black 2 FC:
    2452 4122 3003

Quote Originally Posted by Panic_excl View Post
    It's not odd at all when you consider the fact that the Grottoes don't take season into account for the Pokemon distribution.

Got one without even looking for it. Wahahaha! (Sorry about the Wattson impression, I got a little carried away.)
    I AM ERROR!

a Minccino finally appeared in Route 5 Hidden Grotto. And guess what, it is MALE -_-

(no, this is not the tutorial one)

Not just Minccino has only 1% chance to appear, but also, it has 60% chance to be female.....

My shinies. Just click the links~

~Shiny Banner 1~
    ~Shiny Banner 2~
    ~Shiny Banner 3~

My shinies are not for trade or cloning.
    Shinies are not listed in order, for example the last shiny on the banner is not always the latest shiny I've obtained.
    Banner 1 made by Light Venusaur, thanks ^_^

a Minccino finally appeared in Route 5 Hidden Grotto. And guess what, it is MALE -_-

Not just Minccino has only 1% chance to appear, but also, it has 60% chance to be female.....
    Okay, that sucks.

I hate how they made Mincinno the demo Pokemon and then made it so stupidly rare, it makes no sense. It's like they're trolling us.

Gamefreak troll?

Never...

I found one on my first visit, but it was a male, so it was bittersweet.

The exact same thing happened to me. Sometime after I caught the tutorial one, I went back into the same Hidden Grotto and saw a Minccino standing there. I was so pleased as I figured it had to be a female since that has higher odds. Nope, I was wrong :C
    Omega Ruby Team and Progress:

Trainer Name: Mayflower

I wish I could get lucky enough and find Dragonite, but I think it's a 1% chance? I mostly find items whenever I go in grottos.

My Friend Code for my 3ds! My friend Safari Type is Poison
    1693 1038 1902

Quote Originally Posted by Panic_excl View Post
    I actually found a Cubchoo when I wasn't looking..I think maybe my 3rd time of searching that particular one.

._. That's the only Pokémon in Hidden Grottoes on that Route I don't have...

And I really want a Rattled Cubchoo/Swift Swim Beartic.

Seriously, I never see them, and I've gone into that Grottoe and found something in it about 50 times.

I don't go to the grottoes anymore. I only find Potions and Pokč balls. lol
    My time of glory was when I actually managed to find that Dragonite! That I didn't catch though...

Page 32 of 45 FirstFirst ... 2228293031323334353642 ... LastLast