Page 10 of 45 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131420 ... LastLast

Thread: Hidden Grotto Discussion Thread

I think that 20% chance of finding a pokemon might be wrong. I find pokemon about 5-10% of the time. I've been into the hidden grottos a lot, and I almost always get an item.
    3DS FC: 5043 1366 9389

Looking for more secret bases! Message me your QR code, and I'll send you back mine.

Looking for that extremespeed linoone with adamant or jolly (when it comes out). If you're gonna get one, I'd appreciate it. I can clone it if needed.
    I'm willing to sell my soul for it

Could somebody show me the Hidden Grotto in Giant Chasm?

Quote Originally Posted by Blazios View Post
    Now I regret capturing that Minccino instead of leaving and returning to SRing for it, because I really want to train a Skill Link Cinccino.
    You can't SR a Hidden Grotto.

Quote Originally Posted by deoxysdude94 View Post
    I think that 20% chance of finding a pokemon might be wrong. I find pokemon about 5-10% of the time. I've been into the hidden grottos a lot, and I almost always get an item.
    Well there's an 80% chance overall to get an item(When you put both kinds of items together), 20% isn't that common, especially when there is only a 5% chance for Hidden Grottos to regenerate after the steps needed to be taken are taken. Additionally, the percentages are going to be different for everyone, just because there is a 20% of something happening doesn't mean it'll only happen 20% of the time, it can happen 100% of the time, it's just not likely. It's just a matter of your own luck, if you are having a hard time finding Hidden Grotto Pokemon, it's just bad luck. You can increase the chance I believe with Pass Powers though.

Quote Originally Posted by Zoruagible View Post
    It's on the site:
    http://www.serebii.net/black2white2/hiddengrotto.shtml

You'll have to go through the cave first, once you exit it just go around to the left hand side of the field(I think somewhere in the middle).

Quote Originally Posted by GoldCyndaquil View Post
    You can for Nature and IVs, not for Gender or what appears in there though.
    Last edited by gliscor&yanmega; 20th October 2012 at 8:36 PM.
    3DS Friend Code: 3153-4608-8374
    Friend Safari: Steel(Ferroseed, Forretress, and Bronzong)

Quote Originally Posted by Zoruagible View Post
    All grottos have screenshots on our page here: http://www.serebii.net/black2white2/hiddengrotto.shtml

Quote Originally Posted by deoxysdude94 View Post
    The 20% chance isn't wrong. Don't forget that statistics do not guarantee things. You're not guaranteed it 20 times out of 100...you could still get it 5 times, or 50 times. That's the way rates work. The rates either way don't change with each attemp[t

Quote Originally Posted by GoldCyndaquil View Post
    Yeah, I meant for Nature and IVs.

Quote Originally Posted by Serebii View Post
    Sorry for the delay in this but I've added rarities http://www.serebii.net/black2white2/hiddengrotto.shtml
    Liepard in Route 9 has 15% encounter rate? No wonder I found her twice in a row. Yes, both are female.

My shinies. Just click the links~

~Shiny Banner 1~
    ~Shiny Banner 2~
    ~Shiny Banner 3~

My shinies are not for trade or cloning.
    Shinies are not listed in order, for example the last shiny on the banner is not always the latest shiny I've obtained.
    Banner 1 made by Light Venusaur, thanks ^_^

Quote Originally Posted by Serebii View Post
    Sorry for the delay in this but I've added rarities http://www.serebii.net/black2white2/hiddengrotto.shtml
    My God. I was going to complain about not having any luck and only finding Pokeballs. 20% for a Pokemon!?

Spoiler:- Alpha Sapphire Progress:

Hmm the only thing that would be nice to have is that pass power that increase hidden grotto's chance of regeneration, but anyway i'm happy with my Moxie, max ivs in attack

On the subject of the Grotto Minccino in Route 5, does it spawn when the player enters the Grotto, or is it already there from the start of the game?

It's essentially not noticeable when playing through the game, but I figure that it'd still be something to find out.

[IMG]http://i49.*******.com/2h6dobp.png[/IMG]

Quote Originally Posted by Wishing Star View Post
    On the subject of the Grotto Minccino in Route 5, does it spawn when the player enters the Grotto, or is it already there from the start of the game?
    Yeah i believe its already in there when (we) start the game, why everyone that plays both version gets it.

its a pokemon that is program to be encounter first.

Quote Originally Posted by Lugia 88 View Post
    Yeah i believe its already in there when (we) start the game, why everyone that plays both version gets it.

its a pokemon that is program to be encounter first.
    But everybody that plays through the game normally would still be able to capture it if it spawned right as the player enters the Route 5 Grotto. :/

But everybody that plays through the game normally would still be able to capture it if it spawned right as the player enters the Route 5 Grotto. :/
    Does it really matter when it spawns?

Quote Originally Posted by R_N View Post
    Does it really matter when it spawns?
    I guess you're right.

There's further evidence that it spawns at the very beginning of the game, in that the player character can capture the Pokémon hidden in the Grottos in Flocessy Ranch and Lostlorn Forest.

So far a ton of items, the guarunteed mincinno (now a cincinno, m), 2 seviper (one of each gender), a spheal (m), an amoongus (f), and a woobat (m). The mincinno is seeing use on my team, but nobody else is. I'm crossing my fingers to find an eevee or a drifloon before the E4, but that isn't likely.
    THE TRUTH IS OUT THERE

"If one out of every million stars in the universe has planets around it, and one out of every million of those has life,
    and one out of every million of those has intelligent life, then there are literally millions of planets out there with intelligent life.
    So if we are alone in the universe, it seems like an awful waste of space"-Carl Sagan

Codes:
    Pearl
    Zuiver 3093 3548 1719

Quote Originally Posted by Agonist View Post
    I thought... Never mind, what I was about to mention had nothing to do with Hidden Grottos.

Which Funfest Mission would it be found in? This seems interesting. (:

Well at least that's finally cleared up.

I thought... Never mind, what I was about to mention had nothing to do with Hidden Grottos.

Which Funfest Mission would it be found in? This seems interesting. (:
    The one the main site talked about a few days ago
    It's unreleased right now, will be Japan only for the time being starting in late November

Well at least that's finally cleared up.

The one the main site talked about a few days ago
    It's unreleased right now, will be Japan only for the time being starting in late November
    In that case, wouldn't that Funfest mission already be in the code of the game already? Or would it not? I'm assuming it wouldn't be, similar to how the content of the tournament downloads aren't.

And wasn't there a picture of a player standing next to an Eevee taken with a camera or something?
    EDIT: That was for the Japanese version... so the code-digging means that Eevee can't be found in the Grottos in the non-Japanese versions of the game, right?
    Last edited by Wishing Star; 22nd October 2012 at 6:08 AM.

And wasn't there a picture of a player standing next to an Eevee taken with a camera or something?
    Aside from it being a Japanese game, it is also an emulator pic, which as mentioned before, can easily be faked.

My shinies. Just click the links~

~Shiny Banner 1~
    ~Shiny Banner 2~
    ~Shiny Banner 3~

My shinies are not for trade or cloning.
    Shinies are not listed in order, for example the last shiny on the banner is not always the latest shiny I've obtained.
    Banner 1 made by Light Venusaur, thanks ^_^

In that case, wouldn't that Funfest mission already be in the code of the game already? Or would it not? I'm assuming it wouldn't be, similar to how the content of the tournament downloads aren't.
    Assuming it's not just a new mission, I'm guessing it's "Find Pokemon" (at the end here) and they can just make whatever Pokemon they want into it, which is why the time you download it determines what Eeveeloutions you can grab
    EDIT: That was for the Japanese version... so the code-digging means that Eevee can't be found in the Grottos in the non-Japanese versions of the game, right?
    The implication is that the original pics were completely faked and then no one really double checked until recently? (Or, the original double checking wasn't as wide-spread I suppose)
    The code digging says it's not there in any version, I believe

Quote Originally Posted by Shine View Post
    Aside from it being a Japanese game, it is also an emulator pic, which as mentioned before, can easily be faked.
    Yeah, I got that part, which is why I posted the edit below the part you quoted.

But still, the code-digging that was used to get to this conclusion was done for the English games and not the Japanese ones, right? Not that it matters, but I just want to know since I'm sort of confused right now, to be honest. o_o

Quote Originally Posted by R_N
    Assuming it's not just a new mission, I'm guessing it's "Find Pokemon" and they can just make whatever Pokemon they want into it, which is why the time you download it determines what Eeveeloutions you can grab

The implication is that the original pics were completely faked and then no one really double checked until recently? (Or, the original double checking wasn't as wide-spread I suppose)
    Ooh, speaking of that mission, can you get Vaporeon and Jolteon if you download it when the Vaporeon-Jolteon-Flareon one is active? Or can you only get one?

On the subject of the pictures: How about the other ones?
    Last edited by Wishing Star; 22nd October 2012 at 6:19 AM.

That's would appear to be what happened. New information was being discovered really quickly, and people just took those posters word for it. And yes, the game code is exactly identical between regions, so if it doesn't exist in the English versions, then it doesn't exist on the Japanese versions.

Yeah, I got that part, which is why I posted the edit below the part you quoted.

But still, the code-digging that was used to get to this conclusion was done for the English games and not the Japanese ones, right? Not that it matters, but I just want to know since I'm sort of confused right now, to be honest. o_o
    It doesn't matter, since the game code is identical between the two regions. (Except for a few bugs that aren't present in the international versions).

On the subject of the pictures: How about the other ones?
    The other picture was taken on a DS, however, since there isn't actually a picture of Eevee in the HG, it can be assumed that they created the Eevee using an external program, then took a picture as though they'd found it in a Grotto.

And yes, the game code is exactly identical between regions, so if it doesn't exist in the English versions, then it doesn't exist on the Japanese versions.

It doesn't matter, since the game code is identical between the two regions. (Except for a few bugs that aren't present in the international versions).
    Actually, it was determined that the Hidden Grotto Eevee was a bug and wasn't meant to be in the game, so it was removed in the international versions of the game (not the Japanese ones for obvious reasons). Maybe it had to do with the funfest missions, I don't know, but this seems to be the case.

Mulch, mulch, mulch, mulch.... I'm trying for some evolutionary stones because accumulating BP can be tedious sometimes.

{the rest, I haven't decided on yet or trained far enough.}

Page 10 of 45 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131420 ... LastLast