Page 13 of 45 FirstFirst ... 39101112131415161723 ... LastLast
Results 301 to 325 of 1101

Thread: Hidden Grotto Discussion Thread

  1. #301
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Maine
    Posts
    2,916

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Super Cute Poke Doll View Post
    When a pokemon appears in a hidden grotto, is its gender determined and unchangeable? For example, at one hidden grotto I found a male leavanny. I saved in front of it and kept soft resetting in hopes of getting a female, but though the level changed the gender was always male. I never tried catching it before soft resetting it so I don't know if the nature changed as well. I know there's only a 30% chance of getting a female, but I tried soft resetting repeatedly for a couple of days or so and never got it as a female so just gave up and caught it as a male. So I wonder is the gender determined when the pokemon regenerates, and won't change no matter if you soft reset it after it's arrived?
    Once the Pokémon is generated, the gender will always remain the same.

  2. #302
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Ship to Hoenn
    Posts
    46,447

    Default

    I found my first Hidden Grotto (oh how I loathe the English name) today at Lostlorn Forest. I went in thinking that I'd find a cool Pokemon, but all I found was some Mulch. I've taken a look at the appearance rates of certain Pokemon, and I'm convinced that there's no point in wasting my time exploring these things; I'll just get the Pokemon some other way.

  3. #303
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Outside of Hawaii (I wish...)
    Posts
    7,744

    Default

    It's too bad there isn't much of an alternative for a lot of the better Pokemon, like Imposter Ditto.

  4. #304
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    between 2 ocean & 2 continents
    Posts
    9,663

    Default

    Oh yes

    Just yesterday I found the rarest thing on Route 9's HG : a female Bouffalant.

    And I just realized Route 5's HG sucks. Both Foongus and Liepard can be obtained in other HGs, so the only good Pokemon in there is the Minccino, which has 1% encounter chance -_-

    My shinies. Just click the links~

    ~Shiny Banner 1~
    ~Shiny Banner 2~
    ~Shiny Banner 3~

    My shinies are not for trade or cloning.
    Shinies are not listed in order, for example the last shiny on the banner is not always the latest shiny I've obtained.
    Banner 1 made by Light Venusaur, thanks ^_^

  5. #305
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Parilia City
    Posts
    2,757

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hozu View Post
    No the step counter for Hidden Grottoes isn't saved. You would have to walk 256 steps.
    There's no reason for the step counter to reset upon reloading the game, though. Repel steps are saved upon exiting the game, so why would Hidden Grotto steps be?

    In any case, the question still remains: is the Pokémon that generates still random?





    [IMG]http://i49.*******.com/2h6dobp.png[/IMG]

  6. #306
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    79

    Default

    Hey I didn't make the game. I'm just telling you how it works.

    Whatever happens with the Grotto will be "random" yes. Until something is already in there and you save any possible outcome is possible.
    I hate how people covet events and treat them as if they have value, so I make all my events free to everyone. Don't be a jerk and treat them as if they have value by adding them to your thread. Random female DW Pokémon - please use these for breeding purposes only.

  7. #307
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Parilia City
    Posts
    2,757

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hozu View Post
    Hey I didn't make the game. I'm just telling you how it works.

    Whatever happens with the Grotto will be "random" yes. Until something is already in there and you save any possible outcome is possible.
    I've just never heard of the step counter resetting upon saving, that's all. :/

    But it's good to hear that Grotto spawn are generated upon finishing a step cycle and not starting one. (:





    [IMG]http://i49.*******.com/2h6dobp.png[/IMG]

  8. #308
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    6

    Default

    After more than 100 visit to the grotto in giant chasm, I finally found the imposter ditto!

  9. #309
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Maine
    Posts
    2,916

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Shine View Post
    Oh yes

    Just yesterday I found the rarest thing on Route 9's HG : a female Bouffalant.

    And I just realized Route 5's HG sucks. Both Foongus and Liepard can be obtained in other HGs, so the only good Pokemon in there is the Minccino, which has 1% encounter chance -_-
    Shame Soundproof is basically useless compared to its other abilities.

    Quote Originally Posted by Wishing Star View Post
    I've just never heard of the step counter resetting upon saving, that's all. :/

    But it's good to hear that Grotto spawn are generated upon finishing a step cycle and not starting one. (:
    Step counter has always reset up turning your game off, with the exception of repels.

  10. #310
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Jacksonville FL
    Posts
    123

    Default

    The Route 13 Hidden Grotto where you can find Spheal at, how do you get to that one?

    I can't seem to find the path leading to that particular Grotto.
    These Pokemon is now available for trade. PM me if interested.

    2x Male Adamant Speed Boost 31/31/31/X/31/31 *5 IV Flawless* Carvanha
    2x Male Adamant Speed Boost 31/31/31/X/31/31 *5 IV Flawless* Carvanha with Egg Moves Thrash, Double-Edge, Brine, and Destiny Bond

    Game Information:
    Pokemon X Friend Code: 3282-4449-0711
    Pokemon X OT: Serenna
    Pokemon X Friend Safari: *Fairy* Kirlia, Spiritzee, Floette (Red)

    Pokemon Y Friend Code: 1779-2063-5352
    Pokemon Y OT: Serenna
    Pokemon Y Friend Safari: *Poison* Kakuna, Venomoth, Whirlipede

  11. #311
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    between 2 ocean & 2 continents
    Posts
    9,663

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Serenna View Post
    The Route 13 Hidden Grotto where you can find Spheal at, how do you get to that one?

    I can't seem to find the path leading to that particular Grotto.
    The first time it can be accessed is when you finally can explore the Giant Chasm. Go out via the front entrance (the one that's the only entrance in B/W), and you'll eventually see it.

    Don't forget to push the big boulder near it down the hole, so that next time it can be accessed via Lacunosa as well.

    My shinies. Just click the links~

    ~Shiny Banner 1~
    ~Shiny Banner 2~
    ~Shiny Banner 3~

    My shinies are not for trade or cloning.
    Shinies are not listed in order, for example the last shiny on the banner is not always the latest shiny I've obtained.
    Banner 1 made by Light Venusaur, thanks ^_^

  12. #312
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    79

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Agonist View Post
    Step counter has always reset up turning your game off, with the exception of repels.
    I think she means that other step counters don't reset. Which they don't.
    I hate how people covet events and treat them as if they have value, so I make all my events free to everyone. Don't be a jerk and treat them as if they have value by adding them to your thread. Random female DW Pokémon - please use these for breeding purposes only.

  13. #313
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Jacksonville FL
    Posts
    123

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Shine View Post
    The first time it can be accessed is when you finally can explore the Giant Chasm. Go out via the front entrance (the one that's the only entrance in B/W), and you'll eventually see it.

    Don't forget to push the big boulder near it down the hole, so that next time it can be accessed via Lacunosa as well.
    That helped a lot. Thanks.

    Had to remember the entrance but it was the only one that I hasn't went through yet and, there I am.
    These Pokemon is now available for trade. PM me if interested.

    2x Male Adamant Speed Boost 31/31/31/X/31/31 *5 IV Flawless* Carvanha
    2x Male Adamant Speed Boost 31/31/31/X/31/31 *5 IV Flawless* Carvanha with Egg Moves Thrash, Double-Edge, Brine, and Destiny Bond

    Game Information:
    Pokemon X Friend Code: 3282-4449-0711
    Pokemon X OT: Serenna
    Pokemon X Friend Safari: *Fairy* Kirlia, Spiritzee, Floette (Red)

    Pokemon Y Friend Code: 1779-2063-5352
    Pokemon Y OT: Serenna
    Pokemon Y Friend Safari: *Poison* Kakuna, Venomoth, Whirlipede

  14. #314

    Default

    Ran into a 1% Prankster Murkrow (Moxie Honchkrow) in the very-annoying-to-reach inner Pinwheel Forest HG! Unfortunately and expectantly, it was male. Though I did run in with an Adamant synchronizer and nabbed it with a 31 IV in attack, so it's pretty good.

  15. #315
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    New England
    Posts
    47

    Default

    Has anyone run into an Eevee or it's evolution in one of these Grottos? I have been doing the Funfest missions and checking the Grottos for the past two days. I have not found a single eevee. Am I doing something wrong?

  16. #316
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    15,901

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Robbob View Post
    Has anyone run into an Eevee or it's evolution in one of these Grottos? I have been doing the Funfest missions and checking the Grottos for the past two days. I have not found a single eevee. Am I doing something wrong?
    The funfest mission that spawns the eevee isn't released

  17. #317
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    47

    Default

    Wait so... running around in the grotto.. you have a chance of running into pokemon, as if you were in a cave? Boy I feel stupid, I thought that once you enter, you can only get one thing from the middle, and that will either be an item or a pokemon. ..that could explain why the only pokemon I found was the one Bianca showed me >.>
    Durrrr
    White 2 FC: 2666-9983-9495
    DeviantArt | Tumblr | My crafting forum
    [IMG]http://i46.*******.com/14e289t.png[/IMG]
    I crochet pokemon!! I can be commissioned if you would like for me to make you a custom one. I also have some pre-mades for sale. If interested, please send me a note on DeviantArt telling me what you want.

    I have a very very casual breeding shop: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...it?usp=sharing

  18. #318
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Toronto, Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    5,901

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Keera View Post
    Wait so... running around in the grotto.. you have a chance of running into pokemon, as if you were in a cave? Boy I feel stupid, I thought that once you enter, you can only get one thing from the middle, and that will either be an item or a pokemon. ..that could explain why the only pokemon I found was the one Bianca showed me >.>
    Durrrr
    No, you have to take 256 steps, afterwards there is a 5% chance all Grottos will re-spawn(I believe any that already have something in it don't re-spawn). If it does respawn there is a 20% chance there will be a Pokemon, 80% it's an item(hidden or ball). Also, the Pokemon wont pop up if you're in the Grotto, you have to enter the Grotto for the possible Pokemon to appear(Which will always be an overworld spirit).
    3DS Friend Code: 3153-4608-8374
    Friend Safari: Steel(Ferroseed, Forretress, and Bronzong)

  19. #319
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    47

    Default

    Ohhh, okay, thanks! ^^
    Is there a pedometer-like thing in this game?
    White 2 FC: 2666-9983-9495
    DeviantArt | Tumblr | My crafting forum
    [IMG]http://i46.*******.com/14e289t.png[/IMG]
    I crochet pokemon!! I can be commissioned if you would like for me to make you a custom one. I also have some pre-mades for sale. If interested, please send me a note on DeviantArt telling me what you want.

    I have a very very casual breeding shop: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...it?usp=sharing

  20. #320
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Outside of Hawaii (I wish...)
    Posts
    7,744

    Default

    It's a 5% chance per grotto, not 5% for all of them.

  21. #321
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    18

    Default

    not a fan of the hidden grotto. Everytime I go to one I end up getting a mushroom of some kind. I have not once, not a single time encountered a Pokemon in a grotto... -__- I could be not doing something right, but the odds on serebii's guide of finding a pokemon in a grotto let alone the one you want, are slim to none for my understanding.
    .::Current Y Team::.

    ::Update:: Looking to trade EV trained Pokemon for other EV trained Pokemon. Also I have Xerneas up for trade PM me with offers.
    FRIEND CODE---2664-3098-8929

  22. #322
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Toronto, Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    5,901

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Keera View Post
    Ohhh, okay, thanks! ^^
    Is there a pedometer-like thing in this game?
    I don't believe there is.

    Quote Originally Posted by Rakurai View Post
    It's a 5% chance per grotto, not 5% for all of them.
    That's what I meant.
    3DS Friend Code: 3153-4608-8374
    Friend Safari: Steel(Ferroseed, Forretress, and Bronzong)

  23. #323
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    3,785

    Default

    I encountered Pachirisu. I seem to be finding only mulch besides him today.

  24. #324
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    between 2 ocean & 2 continents
    Posts
    9,663

    Default

    Finally found a Simple Woobat in Route 6's grotto. And it's a female too

    One funny thing about it, is that the first good Nature I got for her is Calm, which is the same Nature as the first female Unaware Woobat I caught in my Black 2.

    My shinies. Just click the links~

    ~Shiny Banner 1~
    ~Shiny Banner 2~
    ~Shiny Banner 3~

    My shinies are not for trade or cloning.
    Shinies are not listed in order, for example the last shiny on the banner is not always the latest shiny I've obtained.
    Banner 1 made by Light Venusaur, thanks ^_^

  25. #325
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Parilia City
    Posts
    2,757

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gliscor&yanmega View Post
    No, you have to take 256 steps, afterwards there is a 5% chance all Grottos will re-spawn(I believe any that already have something in it don't re-spawn). If it does respawn there is a 20% chance there will be a Pokemon, 80% it's an item(hidden or ball). Also, the Pokemon wont pop up if you're in the Grotto, you have to enter the Grotto for the possible Pokemon to appear(Which will always be an overworld spirit).
    Will the hidden item respawn if you're in the Grotto, or does this apply to all Grotto spawn?





    [IMG]http://i49.*******.com/2h6dobp.png[/IMG]

Page 13 of 45 FirstFirst ... 39101112131415161723 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •