Page 19 of 45 FirstFirst ... 915161718192021222329 ... LastLast

Thread: Hidden Grotto Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by AquaCharmander View Post
    Oh my gosh...I got an Impostor Ditto on my first try 0_o

What are the odds of that? (Yes, I know the actual odds :P)
    I hope you bought a lottery ticket as well. :P

Quote Originally Posted by Agonist View Post
    If you've unlocked the find lost items mission, do the level 3 of that - you're almost guarenteed 30 or so pass orbs. I did one with my sister and got almost seventy pass orbs.
    Yeah I did a fair few of those got up to level 10 quite quickly, but no sign of the Hidden Grotto Pass Power. You'd think all that running around anyway would get me a Bagon, but no, just more Medicham and mulch.

All credit to SM of Daedric Design for this awesome banner!

Y Team: Talonflame, Roserade, Aegislash, Goodra, Blaziken, Greninja
    3DS Friend Code: 1160 - 9940 - 3351
    Rock Type Friend Safari: Nosepass, Onix and Barbaracle.
    I has officially claimed

Quote Originally Posted by GildedScizor View Post
    Yeah I did a fair few of those got up to level 10 quite quickly, but no sign of the Hidden Grotto Pass Power. You'd think all that running around anyway would get me a Bagon, but no, just more Medicham and mulch.
    If you really are level 10 it should definately be there, though it only lasts three minutes. Not much of a time limit for all that work leveling up

Well it doesn't matter anymore. Because after 5 days of running up and down Skyarrow bridge, getting so much mulc and Medichams, I've finally got a Bagon!!! Whoooooooooooooooooooooo!!!

All credit to SM of Daedric Design for this awesome banner!

Y Team: Talonflame, Roserade, Aegislash, Goodra, Blaziken, Greninja
    3DS Friend Code: 1160 - 9940 - 3351
    Rock Type Friend Safari: Nosepass, Onix and Barbaracle.
    I has officially claimed

Aside from my last post, I hadn't had anything exciting happen with my HG the past few days. But today started off great, on my first HG marathon I came across an Imposter Ditto and on my second run across a female Hariyama, which is great because I'm on White 2 and it's only a 4% chance.

I have the Pass Power Grotto 3. It really changes the odds for finding the rare pokemon. I almost never find mulch now. In the last 2 days, I have been searching the Grotto for a Pinsir or Heracross. With Pass Power 3, I have found 4 four Pinsir on my Pokemon Black 2. The fourth one was a female. I guess that I played maybe 3 to 4 hours at the most. It is no longer 0.25% chance of finding a Pinsir on PB2 with Pass Power Grotto 3.

Figures. I find this wonder female Pinsir and now I will easily be able to find Pinsir and Heracross in the Dream World. Man. 4 hours of my life wasted.

ive been lucky enough to get a female Bagon out of that hidden hollow still waiting on a Ditto

Quote Originally Posted by AquaCharmander View Post
    Oh my gosh...I got an Impostor Ditto on my first try 0_o

What are the odds of that? (Yes, I know the actual odds :P)
    0.05%, in case anyone was wondering. You are one lucky dude...
    "Your memories are connected, like links in a chain. Those same chains are what anchor us all together."
    -Naminé

Pokemon X Team - French Playthrough
    *COMPLETE*
    Amphinobi | Noctali | Mentali | Farfaduvet | Darumacho | Carchakrok
    3DS FC: 0430 - 9679 - 6068
    IGN: Micah
    Friend Safari Type: Fire
    Friend Safari Pokemon: Magmar, Ninetales, Charmeleon

Spoiler:- Credits, etc.:

Hey, long time lurker and new to the forum, but I wanted to share my hidden grotto finds.

I've found a Marill in the floccesy ranch, a zangoose and a seviper next to the celestial tower, and most recently a sneasel in the giant chasm after defeating Ghestis.

And of course the free Minccino when you discover the HG's.

I dunno if that's a lot, but considering what pokemon I got I can't complain. xD
    Last edited by Useless; 17th November 2012 at 8:57 PM.
    |Shining Espeon by Useless|

Quote Originally Posted by uber gon View Post
    Damit Ampharos should not look like Fabio. You're a sheep, dammit.

for hidden grottos in total, i've found a Liepard, Muk, and an Amoongus for pokemon. i mostly get mulch though. :P

Found a Heracross, SRing for a female but having no luck. Can I SR for the gender or is it set when the Pokémon is generated?
    3DS FC: 3652-1911-7158

Friend Safari: Psychic

Drowzee/Espurr/Xatu

Quote Originally Posted by VideoGamer17 View Post
    for hidden grottos in total, i've found a Liepard, Muk, and an Amoongus for pokemon. i mostly get mulch though. :P
    All i've found was Nidoran F, Pachirisu, Bibarel and Combee(sadly a male)

Quote Originally Posted by 1quacka1 View Post
    Found a Heracross, SRing for a female but having no luck. Can I SR for the gender or is it set when the Pokémon is generated?
    It's set when the Pokemon is generated. On a positive note, Heracross doesn't really need any egg moves.

Currently SR'ing for females :l
    Quick question, while doing a funfest mission can you go in any hidden grotto to get Glameow/Stunky? And is it a specific mission?

Fc: 3695-0172-1881

Spoiler:- Credits:

Quote Originally Posted by Manafi's Dream View Post
    0.05%, in case anyone was wondering. You are one lucky dude...
    How is it that? It should be 1%. When you go into a Hidden Grotto for the first time, there will be something there.
    Successful Serebiiforum Wi-Fi trades (47): Redblood012, jabs4, NoobPokemon, EH TuCker, talface, Palagerini, tyvaughn, Ubermac, BattleElf, kinder suprise, "Freak" owns, ninjakitten, cyclo195, Poke Rock, LegndKillr83, Merchant, Petal (x4), Penguin_Man, caffeine87, MegaGalvatron, Jirachidude, Dragon Rules, Wicked Weavile, Stevenwoo (x2), dax324, VealChop, Troggy, J.T., zivc, DaRkJoLtEoN, pkfan, faethemoose, thegreattjtoot, Zormon, ebevan91, Pharosher, The Apostle, Bloodflowers, Cear13, Celestial Moth, hawkmbl, Mare, ShinyRay5

Pass Power Grotto 3 and luck are my friends. Here is all my female Hidden Grotto pokemon:

Bouffalant
    Foongus
    Seviper
    Zangoose
    Woobat
    Marill
    Cubchoo
    Watchdog
    Liepard
    Combee
    Herdier
    Minccino
    Leavanny
    Garbodor
    Muk
    Pinsir

Yea. I have no life.

Quote Originally Posted by Chimecho3000 View Post
    How is it that? It should be 1%. When you go into a Hidden Grotto for the first time, there will be something there.
    Doesn't mean you're going to find a pokemon. Don't forget, your odds of finding an item are much higher.

It's set when the Pokemon is generated. On a positive note, Heracross doesn't really need any egg moves.
    Oh well. At least I got lucky in that it was the first time I checked that Grotto. 0.25%! Not having any luck on a decent nature and IVs though.

Doesn't mean you're going to find a pokemon. Don't forget, your odds of finding an item are much higher.
    Are you sure about this? It's 80% to get an item and 20% to get a Pokémon. However I don't think Ditto's chance is 1% of that 20% rather 1% overall. http://www.serebii.net/black2white2/hiddenhollow.shtml The Pokémon's percentages add up to 20%. If it was 1% of the 20% the Pokémon percentages would add up to 100%. So I don't think the numbers show the chance of getting a specific Pokémon once the Grotto has decided it it will have Pokémon, because then Ditto should be 5%. Does this make sense?
    3DS FC: 3652-1911-7158

Friend Safari: Psychic

Drowzee/Espurr/Xatu

Got a Drifloon a few days back, eventually I'll get around to torturing it(That's what it gets for having an ability that only works if you're Burned).

I also found a Tangela, I wasn't on planning on getting one but I decided I would. Haven't caught it yet though, waiting for the Nature I want.

Still looking for:
    Nidoran♀
    Nidoran♂
    Woobat
    Cubchoo
    Muk
    Garbodor
    Kingler
    Dragonite
    Mienfoo
    Gligar
    Breloom
    Poliwhirl
    Vulpix
    Pinsir

Plus thinking about getting Pelipper, maybe Golduck, and probably get Seviper if I run into one again, don't really care for either of it's abilities but I want to use Seviper anyways, thinking about using two. I also decided not to get Venonat.
    3DS Friend Code: 3153-4608-8374
    Friend Safari: Steel(Ferroseed, Forretress, and Bronzong)

What are the best ones to find? I'm looking for vulpix and bagon, but are there any that are worth the hunt?
    - National Pokedex Completion Date- 3/12/13 (Thanks EpiK SauCe!)

FC: 5129-0492-5213

i have found ultch ultra balls liepard, pachirisu, amoongus, and a shiny trubish the mmoment i stepped outside a HG.

Well I found a Pinsir in Black 2 when I wanted Heracross. Not sure whether to be impressed or RNG is trolling me.

I don't know if I'm just extremely unlucky or something, but it seems like the chances of a Pokemon appearing in a hidden grotto are much lower if you're on the same route as the grotto when something appears in it.

I've been running around outside of the Route 22 grotto, trying to get a Mienfoo, but got about 10 items in a row, even with the grotto power active. Now I'm getting consecutive Pokemon after moving out of the route to do my running.

Some weeks ago I found a male zangoose right?!
    Im like okay, so I check what it's ability is in HG you know.
    It's Toxic Boost!
    I capture that zangoose.
    Check the EV, it's Adamant Nature!
    OMG, So I called him Scarface (no need 2 explain xD)

i feel super luck i got a female mdragonite first time mi went to HG on route 18 and a male bagon first mtime i went to the HG right out side pinwheel forest

Page 19 of 45 FirstFirst ... 915161718192021222329 ... LastLast