Page 24 of 45 FirstFirst ... 1420212223242526272834 ... LastLast

Thread: Hidden Grotto Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Agonist View Post
    Everything has artwork, as far as I know, so it's not an issue.
    Does it? It must just not be used then (or I just never see the artwork for both genders of Combee on there for some reason).

[IMG]http://i49.*******.com/2h6dobp.png[/IMG]

Quote Originally Posted by Wishing Star View Post
    Does it? It must just not be used then (or I just never see the artwork for both genders of Combee on there for some reason).
    I actually meant that towards tucking things in, but there shouldn't be any reason for there not to be artwork for male Combee. In fact, it would be rather easy to recolor the difference between male and female Combee.

I actually meant that towards tucking things in, but there shouldn't be any reason for there not to be artwork for male Combee. In fact, it would be rather easy to recolor the difference between male and female Combee.
    Oh yeah, just delete the red on the bottom-most face. I'm surprised it hasn't been done and visible.

Oh yeah, just delete the red on the bottom-most face. I'm surprised it hasn't been done and visible.
    Like I said before, laziness.

Like I said before, laziness.
    Mhm.

Of course, it's not a big priority at all, though. They probably won't fix it at all. :/

i recently completed the fes mission that lets me get glameow on white 2, yet i dont know which hidden grotto to go to now. someone help

Add me on 3ds: 3480-2811-5839
    I have an ice friend safari with Beartic, snorunt and piloswine in it.

I've been looking for Imposter Ditto for a few weeks now and biking the same path over and over is getting a bit crazy now.

Can someone explain how pass powers work? Can I get them with just one DS and Black 2 without having White 2 and a second DS? How long do the powers last?

National Pokedex: Completed 718/719 (Missing: Diancie)
    Living Pokedex: Completed 718/719
    "OT Timmy" Living Pokedex: 709/719
    Missing "OT: Timmy" Pokemon: Mew, Jirachi, Deoxys, Darkrai, Shaymin, Keldeo, Meloetta, Genesect, Diancie

Quote Originally Posted by pokefanatic97 View Post
    i recently completed the fes mission that lets me get glameow on white 2, yet i dont know which hidden grotto to go to now. someone help
    Any that are open will work.

Quote Originally Posted by PokeTimmy View Post
    How long do the powers last?
    Generally, they last 3-5 minutes, depending on the Pass Power. Some of them you can use with only a single DS/game, but others require your White level to be at a certain point to use them.

Generally, they last 3-5 minutes, depending on the Pass Power. Some of them you can use with only a single DS/game, but others require your White level to be at a certain point to use them.
    Wow, they last that short? I wanted to hatch my eggs in a half-hour time span, but I guess not. o:

Wow, they last that short? I wanted to hatch my eggs in a half-hour time span, but I guess not. o:
    You have hundreds of pass orbs to use, it's really not that big of a deal to just reactivate the Hatching power.

...and honestly if you can't hatch all (or most) of your eggs in a half hour normally (By which I mean using Flame Body) I'm curious as to what you're doing in that time period.

You can get support powers that last 30 mins to an hour if you pass-by a BW1, but I have no clue how to activate them.

Quote Originally Posted by R_N View Post
    You have hundreds of pass orbs to use, it's really not that big of a deal to just reactivate the Hatching power.

...and honestly if you can't hatch all (or most) of your eggs in a half hour normally (By which I mean using Flame Body) I'm curious as to what you're doing in that time period.
    Oh yeah... I kind of forgot that I have like 999 Pass Orbs. Silly me.

Speaking of wasting time, does the timer for these Pass Powers keep ticking down even when the DS is asleep?

Oh yeah... I kind of forgot that I have like 999 Pass Orbs. Silly me.

Speaking of wasting time, does the timer for these Pass Powers keep ticking down even when the DS is asleep?
    I doubt it.

I doubt it.
    I know battle time ticks down if you're playing against a friend in the Union Room or wherever else has it, but that's only if communications are on.

Hmm... someone should test this.

I doubt it.
    I'm willing to bet it does

I'm pretty sure the game's internal timer keeps going even in sleep mode (it's the only way I can explain putting nearly a hundred hours in B2's main game despite my average being 40). I know it does during battle and the Pokestar Studio movies

I'm pretty sure the game's internal timer keeps going even in sleep mode (it's the only way I can explain putting nearly a hundred hours in B2's main game despite my average being 40). I know it does during battle and the Pokestar Studio movies
    Not like it matters anyway, it's easy as hell to get Pass orbs, and each time you use it, it only uses 3-4.

It's hard to believe, yeah, but I already clocked in 999:59 on one of my games. o:

[QUOTE=Agonist;15490475]Any that are open will work.]

yeah, i found out i was doing the wrong mission. but i found one. thanks

Add me on 3ds: 3480-2811-5839
    I have an ice friend safari with Beartic, snorunt and piloswine in it.

Do you guys think the quantity of Hidden Grottos is too little, too much, or just right?

I think that there are just enough. All that walking around needed between Grottos makes it so even with the amount there are right now, it's still quite a feat to get all Hidden Grotto Pokémon. (:

Do you guys think the quantity of Hidden Grottos is too little, too much, or just right?

I think that there are just enough. All that walking around needed between Grottos makes it so even with the amount there are right now, it's still quite a feat to get all Hidden Grotto Pokémon. (:
    I wish there were more
    I mean there's a fair amount now, of course, but I would have put one on:
    Route 11 (maybe atop the waterfall, maybe not)
    Route 12
    Definitely Route 8 or in the Moor of Iccirus (both might be overkill)
    & Dragonspiral Tower having one would put more use towards that bit of land you can surf too

I'm guessing Abundant Shrine got 2 to make up for Route 14 not having the proper tree layout and Route 3 got 2 to make up for Route 1, but the others would have enjoyed having one.

Routes 11 & 12, I think, would be a good spot to have some VR/GC pokemon show up. Maybe Sawk, Throh, Druddigon, Clefairy; another spot to have Immunity Gligars would be nice. Or maybe put some post-game mons in there like Slakoth or Larvitar.

Route 8/Moor being so large and not having a Hollow really surprised me. Even if they just stuck to Pokemon on the route that gives easy access to Palpitoad, Barboach and Stunfisk; maybe throw in Shellos, Quagsire and/or Poliwhirl. Or go with what they did in Route 3 and give Pokemon just not found anywhere else.

Dragonspiral should have had one and that's where Dragonite should have been placed. What with Dragonite being in the water and everything....and I think Gible could go there too since why not. Maybe Unown for kicks~

Of course on the other hand that might have taken more Pokemon out of BW2's DW so maybe it's for the best.

I wish there were more
    I mean there's a fair amount now, of course, but I would have put one on:
    Route 11 (maybe atop the waterfall, maybe not)
    Route 12
    Definitely Route 8 or in the Moor of Iccirus (both might be overkill)
    & Dragonspiral Tower having one would put more use towards that bit of land you can surf too

I'm guessing Abundant Shrine got 2 to make up for Route 14 not having the proper tree layout and Route 3 got 2 to make up for Route 1, but the others would have enjoyed having one.

Routes 11 & 12, I think, would be a good spot to have some VR/GC pokemon show up. Maybe Sawk, Throh, Druddigon, Clefairy; another spot to have Immunity Gligars would be nice. Or maybe put some post-game mons in there like Slakoth or Larvitar.

Route 8/Moor being so large and not having a Hollow really surprised me. Even if they just stuck to Pokemon on the route that gives easy access to Palpitoad, Barboach and Stunfisk; maybe throw in Shellos, Quagsire and/or Poliwhirl. Or go with what they did in Route 3 and give Pokemon just not found anywhere else.

Dragonspiral should have had one and that's where Dragonite should have been placed. What with Dragonite being in the water and everything....and I think Gible could go there too since why not. Maybe Unown for kicks~
    Now that I think about it, I would've rather had more Hidden Grottos, with each having fewer Pokémon encounter slots. That way, people would be less frustrated about getting their male Combee and such.

Now that I think about it, I would've rather had more Hidden Grottos, with each having fewer Pokémon encounter slots. That way, people would be less frustrated about getting their male Combee and such.
    That is an absolutely terrible idea because people the issue (running into a useless Pokemon/an unwanted Pokemon/a Male/NOT EVEN A POKEMON) wouldn't go away.

That is an absolutely terrible idea because people the issue (running into a useless Pokemon/an unwanted Pokemon/a Male/NOT EVEN A POKEMON) wouldn't go away.
    It'd certainly lower the number of times a person would have to enter a Hidden Grotto to find the Pokémon they want though.

It'd certainly lower the number of times a person would have to enter a Hidden Grotto to find the Pokémon they want though.
    N-no?
    They're straight up getting rid of a Pokemon that you may want & if they want something to be rare (Impostor Ditto) they would probably keep it 1%. So now that's other slots going to waste. And most areas only have 3 Pokemon in them. 2 makes them pretty much pointless.

Get rid of anything, get rid of the 40% chance of trash items and devote that to upping Pokemon rates.

N-no?
    They're straight up getting rid of a Pokemon that you may want & if they want something to be rare (Impostor Ditto) they would probably keep it 1%. So now that's other slots going to waste. And most areas only have 3 Pokemon in them. 2 makes them pretty much pointless.

Get rid of anything, get rid of the 40% chance of trash items and devote that to upping Pokemon rates.
    If Combee were taken out of the Grottoes that they're in right now and dumped into a new Grotto, then the chances of getting a Combee in that Grotto relative to getting other Grotto spawn in that same Grotto goes up. Of course, except if Game Freak would just dump even more Grotto Pokémon spawn in that Grotto, but I'm assuming that only Grottoes are added and not more Pokémon in them, if that makes sense.

But yes, if I'm not allowed to add more Grottoes, then I'd definitely get rid of that trash item chance. It's just annoying to find, say, Potions and Poké Balls when I'm trying to find myself a Dragonite. :/

Page 24 of 45 FirstFirst ... 1420212223242526272834 ... LastLast