Page 28 of 45 FirstFirst ... 1824252627282930313238 ... LastLast

Thread: Hidden Grotto Discussion Thread

So basically if I find a male gligar I can just reset the game till it has good IVs in the area I want? And if it is female I'm pretty much in the clear because I can breed it at a later occasion to my own personal likeing? I'm assuming all stats cant be 31 in the area of IVs. I think I read somewhere only two can be 31 right?

Quote Originally Posted by NuteIla View Post
    So basically if I find a male gligar I can just reset the game till it has good IVs in the area I want? And if it is female I'm pretty much in the clear because I can breed it at a later occasion to my own personal likeing? I'm assuming all stats cant be 31 in the area of IVs. I think I read somewhere only two can be 31 right?
    All stats can be 31, but it's extremely unlikely (like I said in my previous post).

tonight i found another chatot, two kingler, and a female bagon. still hunting for dragonite and poliwhirl.

You can have max IV's in all status, but you can only have max EV's in 2 status.
    3DS FC: 3652-1012-6122

Baking Soda, I got Baking Soda!

How long does it take to max out IV stats through breeding? Also, sorry I just realized I kinda repeated my question.
    Water water everywhere but not a drop to drink.

How long does it take to max out IV stats through breeding? Also, sorry I just realized I kinda repeated my question.
    i think what agonist was trying to say (and i think everyone would agree), trying to breed max ivs is an exercise in futility. it's not gonna happen. getting a pokemon with the right nature and high ivs in the 2 or 3 stats you actually care about is really all anyone can shoot for. unless of course you're abusing rng or cheating generally.

How do Hidden grottos reset? Is it based on steps like sexing pokes? So i i would like to get one from a hidden groto i could just bike back and forth next to it ?
    Pokemon Y
    ---------------------------------------------
    KB: Shinies: x2 ;702; ;691;

Proud owner of a UT/UC: 2003 - Repair Program Shiny Zigzagoon.

Flawless:
    Friend code Black 2 : 2151-6418-9614
    Friend code Y: 3239-2288-6738
    Time Zone - GMT+1

Quote Originally Posted by Douchemon View Post
    How do Hidden grottos reset? Is it based on steps like sexing pokes? So i i would like to get one from a hidden groto i could just bike back and forth next to it ?
    Every 256 steps there's a 5% chance that one grotto will regenerate. So yeah, just bike up and down alot and keep checking.

Whats the chances of getting a naughty bagon on the first try in the hidden grotto outside of pinwheel forest 405 attack 299 salamence her i come

Quote Originally Posted by Chase23 View Post
    Every 256 steps there's a 5% chance that one grotto will regenerate. So yeah, just bike up and down alot and keep checking.
    and remember that if a Grotto has something in it, be it an item or a Pokemon, it will not regenerate until it is empty.

My shinies. Just click the links~

~Shiny Banner 1~
    ~Shiny Banner 2~
    ~Shiny Banner 3~

My shinies are not for trade or cloning.
    Shinies are not listed in order, for example the last shiny on the banner is not always the latest shiny I've obtained.
    Banner 1 made by Light Venusaur, thanks ^_^

Why do I never find much other than mulch? Is that the most common item or something?

Credit to Sworn Metalhead for the banner

I was so happy when I found out there was a chatot available at the route 18 hollow, not only are they awesome and level 58 when found, they awesome for rnging

My opinion is objective fact. If you disagree, well, you're wrong

My shinies:

Spoiler:- Credits:
    \[/CENTER]

Quote Originally Posted by General Nonsense View Post
    Why do I never find much other than mulch? Is that the most common item or something?
    Yes, it is by far the most common thing generated within a Grotto.

Well it had been a while since I had bothered with Hidden Grottoes. I visited some yesterday morning and found items in most of them. I was lucky enough to find a wild Leavanny in the Hidden Grotto that was located in Lostlorn Forest though. I captured it since I didn't have a Leavanny yet. That's my fifth Hidden Grotto Pokemon; the others include two Watchog, a Foongus and a Drifloon.

I Finally got a Vulpix.
    It was Male which was a shame so I just SR'd for a Modest one.
    I'll keep trying until I get a female one.
    Still keeping my fingers crossed for a Poliwhirl soon xD

.: 3DS FC: 0490-5034-9209 :.
    .: DeviantART :: Graphics Thread :: Art Thread :: Art Shop :.

Still haven't found a Ditto yet. Got a Metang in there today though. Didn't want it, but it did have a Metal Coat attached to it so at least I got something. lol
    Successful Serebiiforum Wi-Fi trades (47): Redblood012, jabs4, NoobPokemon, EH TuCker, talface, Palagerini, tyvaughn, Ubermac, BattleElf, kinder suprise, "Freak" owns, ninjakitten, cyclo195, Poke Rock, LegndKillr83, Merchant, Petal (x4), Penguin_Man, caffeine87, MegaGalvatron, Jirachidude, Dragon Rules, Wicked Weavile, Stevenwoo (x2), dax324, VealChop, Troggy, J.T., zivc, DaRkJoLtEoN, pkfan, faethemoose, thegreattjtoot, Zormon, ebevan91, Pharosher, The Apostle, Bloodflowers, Cear13, Celestial Moth, hawkmbl, Mare, ShinyRay5

I could trade you a female Poliwag with the dream world ability if you'd like to cut down on your running around. but if you're in it for the chase, that's fine too.

the Parasol Lady motto
    "Neither snow, nor rain, nor heat, nor gloom of night
    stays these couriers from the swift completion
    of their appointed rounds."

Herodotus, 503 B.C.

3440•5711•0080
    White 2 Friend Code

After about 2 hours of cycling between 2 hidden grotto's i managed to find a Female Breloom
    Quite lucky i guess.
    Pokemon Y team :

[CENTER]
    ^^^^^^managed to finally hatch a shiny 5V Protean Froakie! Also bred 5V shiny Cleffa (up for trade)^^^^^^^

FC 3DS : 4553-9947-3131

Why is the regenerating of the grotto's so friccan long?
    Even passing a day isn't long enough to make an next appearence in the grotto. Is their a quick way to make this process quicker, or am I not aware of something in this matter?
    (I do know there is a Pass power that stimulates the regen, but I'm level 5white ENTRA so that won't help)

Thanks for your time.

Visit my Secret Base and let me know if you enjoyed it

Every 256 steps a call is made to see if something is generated in a Grotto. Additionally, if there are empty Grottoes before the one you're trying to fill, those will have to be filled first. They're filled in the order of this page.

I've invested tons of time to the Hidden Grottoes recently. I found a Bibarel and a Pachirisu the other day while I was exploring the Hidden Grottoes on Route 3, and I found a Granbull at the Hidden Grotto on Route 2 last night. I've also found about five Foongus and about half a dozen more Watchog, which is annoying. I've also picked up some useful items like Fire Stones. I'm really starting to like the Hidden Grotto feature; I just wish the odds of finding a rare Pokemon were higher.

Can I SR for a Pokémon while in a Hidden Grotto? Right now, I have been checking all currently known grottos and found a Dragonite in the one on Route 18. But now I want to restart my game until it's female. Is that possible?

Yeah, just save in front of it and SR away.

That being said, why is it so IMPOSSIBLE to find a Beedrill in Pinwheel forest? I wanna gauge my eyes out I'm so flustered.

Quote Originally Posted by GenosectArceus View Post
    Can I SR for a Pokémon while in a Hidden Grotto? Right now, I have been checking all currently known grottos and found a Dragonite in the one on Route 18. But now I want to restart my game until it's female. Is that possible?
    You can't reset for a gender. The PID (shininess/gender) is set in stone when the pokemon is generated. You can only SR for nature and IVs...

Latest Shiny: Gible (MMing on Y - After 1637 Eggs!)

Quote Originally Posted by rovert View Post
    You can't reset for a gender. The PID (shininess/gender) is set in stone when the pokemon is generated. You can only SR for nature and IVs...
    Wut?

The PID is not set in stone once it's generated. The only thing set in stone is the gender and the fact that they can't be shiny, but for completely different reasons than you said. They use the same gender lock as Entralink Pokemon, and they've got a shiny lock, meaning shiny PIDs will be skipped.

Page 28 of 45 FirstFirst ... 1824252627282930313238 ... LastLast