Page 33 of 45 FirstFirst ... 2329303132333435363743 ... LastLast

Thread: Hidden Grotto Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by NintendoFan82 View Post
    I wish I could get lucky enough and find Dragonite, but I think it's a 1% chance? I mostly find items whenever I go in grottos.
    Yep, 1% encounter rate for any Dragonite, and 0.1% encounter rate if you specifically want it to be female.
    Quote Originally Posted by LizardonX View Post
    Tabitha has really let himself go, just how many lava cookies did he eat in the last 11 years?

One of my first Hidden Grotto Pokemon was a Moody Bibarel. I once saw someone sweep an entire team with one of those...
    I AM ERROR!
    Check out my YouTube channel! http://m.youtube.com/#/user/NinjaOfT...injaOfTheSkies
    My Pokemon/Futurama fanfic: http://www.fanfiction.net/s/9186329/...anto-Adventure

I almost never find pokemon in Hidden Grottos anymore. Is there a specific time set or day you have to be in one to find a pokemon?
    PkMnPro

Pokemon White 2 Team:

(Kyurem is White Kyurem)

Pokemon Black 2 Team:

currently under construction

Quote Originally Posted by PkMnDude1148 View Post
    I almost never find pokemon in Hidden Grottos anymore. Is there a specific time set or day you have to be in one to find a pokemon?
    No, they just randomly generate. Make sure you clear a particular Grotto of whatever item might be inside, whether visible or hidden, or else it would spawn something else, such a Pokemon. The most effective thing I found was simply to follow a cycle, where you visit a bunch on a rotating basis, by just biking through Unova. It's time consuming but it paid off. I got 1% Ditto. Though I'm still wait on my Vulpix and Dragonite.

Quote Originally Posted by PkMnDude1148 View Post
    You have a mere 20% chance of finding a Pokemon in the Hidden Grottoes, so don't get too worried if you're finding a bunch of items. But like what Cerex said, you need to clear out whatever is in there to get something else. As far as getting them to regenerate, they have a 5% chance of regeneration every 256 steps, so just walk around for a while. That's the reason why Cerex's rotation method works, because it gives you a better chance of a previous Grotto to regenerate while you're looking in other ones.

Quote Originally Posted by Cerex View Post
    The most effective thing I found was simply to follow a cycle, where you visit a bunch on a rotating basis, by just biking through Unova. It's time consuming but it paid off. I got 1% Ditto. Though I'm still wait on my Vulpix and Dragonite.
    That's basically what I do, although there's still a ton of Pokemon that I haven't caught, and several that I haven't even seen.
    Tabitha has really let himself go, just how many lava cookies did he eat in the last 11 years?

Every 256 steps a call is made to see if something is generated for the first empty grotto.

Quote Originally Posted by Bolt the Cat View Post
    Yep, 1% encounter rate for any Dragonite, and 0.1% encounter rate if you specifically want it to be female.
    I will have to be extremely lucky to find one. I am curious to know? Has anyone here ever found a Dragonite/male or female in the hidden grotto? And if so, how long did it take you to find the Dragonite?

My Friend Code for my 3ds! My friend Safari Type is Poison
    1693 1038 1902

I will have to be extremely lucky to find one. I am curious to know? Has anyone here ever found a Dragonite/male or female in the hidden grotto? And if so, how long did it take you to find the Dragonite?
    I have found 1 female and 2 males in about the two months of searching through Hidden Grottoes. But I think I'm just lucky.

Approximately 2 seconds. FIRST TRY, BABY!
    I AM ERROR!
    Check out my YouTube channel! http://m.youtube.com/#/user/NinjaOfT...injaOfTheSkies
    My Pokemon/Futurama fanfic: http://www.fanfiction.net/s/9186329/...anto-Adventure

Quote Originally Posted by ThePurpleOne View Post
    Approximately 2 seconds. FIRST TRY, BABY!
    Apparently I wasn't as lucky as some other people.

The length of time it takes for the Pokemon you want to show up doesn't really matter. It is just random. You can come across it your first time visiting that grotto or after your 100th. Rarer appearances will just take on average longer, because you have first of all 20% chance of finding a Pokemon, and off out of that you could have a 1% chance. So really don't worry about the time, just keep trying and eventually you will find what you are looking for.

I would set aside a set period of time to go through the grottos. You don't want to encounter the Pokemon you are looking for and not be prepared for the battle, especially if it is rare. I lost my Manectric because it knows roar. And I haven't seen it since.
    Pokemon Y
    3DS Friend Code: 1461-7604-0905
    Type: Steel
    Pokemon: Skarmory, Magneton, Klefki

Kalos Dex Completion
    Finished!

Need help? Just let me know.

Goal is to complete dex before the release of Pokemon Box!

The length of time it takes for the Pokemon you want to show up doesn't really matter. It is just random. You can come across it your first time visiting that grotto or after your 100th. Rarer appearances will just take on average longer, because you have first of all 20% chance of finding a Pokemon, and off out of that you could have a 1% chance. So really don't worry about the time, just keep trying and eventually you will find what you are looking for.
    You're reading the appearance ratios wrong. It's not a 1% chance of Dragonite appearing out of all of the Pokemon, it's a 1% chance of Dragonite appearing out of anything in the Grotto (notice that the Pokemon appearance ratios add up to 20%, not 100%). The Pokemon aren't as rare as you guys think, but it's still pretty rare (most DWf ratios are between 0.3% and 1%). What's even more annoying than Dragonite is Heracross and Pinsir, who are even rarer. Dragonite has a 1% appearance ratio and a 0.1% DWf ratio, but Heracross (Black 2)/Pinsir (White 2) has a 0.75% appearance ratio and a 0.225% DWf ratio, and Pinsir (Black 2)/Heracross (White 2) has a 0.25% and a 0.075% DWf ratio, which is really ridiculous. I know they're version exclusives and all, but to make them even rarer than Dragonite is just plain nonsensical.

I would set aside a set period of time to go through the grottos. You don't want to encounter the Pokemon you are looking for and not be prepared for the battle, especially if it is rare. I lost my Manectric because it knows roar. And I haven't seen it since.
    Looks like someone forgot to save before fight it. Regardless what it is save before confronting it or else you have to wait god knows how long before showing up again, too bad you can't do that to get females.

I've found two more Bibarel at the Hidden Grotto on Route 3. I keep going there in hopes that I'll find a Lombre or at least a Venonat, but I'm never that lucky. The Hidden Grotto inside Pinwheel Forest is also annoying; my last good find in there was a Murkrow. Now all I find are Amoonguss. But the most annoying Hidden Grotto is the one on Route 18. I only ever find Mulch in there and it's already such a chore to get to the island to begin with. I try and stay there and ride my bike around so that the Hidden Grotto will refill itself, but it never does. It just seems like a complete waste of time, but I need a Chatot from there.

OMG I didn't even realise that you could get such random Pokemon in the grottos! I just thought that they were a certain type. I really need to start reading up on these sort of things. I can'twait to get on it now and figure out a route for grotto hunting.

Quote Originally Posted by Ciccone View Post
    I've found two more Bibarel at the Hidden Grotto on Route 3. I keep going there in hopes that I'll find a Lombre or at least a Venonat, but I'm never that lucky. The Hidden Grotto inside Pinwheel Forest is also annoying; my last good find in there was a Murkrow. Now all I find are Amoonguss. But the most annoying Hidden Grotto is the one on Route 18. I only ever find Mulch in there and it's already such a chore to get to the island to begin with. I try and stay there and ride my bike around so that the Hidden Grotto will refill itself, but it never does. It just seems like a complete waste of time, but I need a Chatot from there.
    If you want I can bread you HB Chatot, I found a female a few weeks ago. I had no luck with that Dragnite...unfortunately.

Quote Originally Posted by Houka View Post
    Looks like someone forgot to save before fight it. Regardless what it is save before confronting it or else you have to wait god knows how long before showing up again, too bad you can't do that to get females.
    I usually do, but this was once just very occasional stop in to check--I didn't even know at the time that I could catch one there--and that even had I saved if I restarted it would be something else. Good to know. And thanks for point that out Bolt. Also good to know.
    Pokemon Y
    3DS Friend Code: 1461-7604-0905
    Type: Steel
    Pokemon: Skarmory, Magneton, Klefki

Kalos Dex Completion
    Finished!

Need help? Just let me know.

Goal is to complete dex before the release of Pokemon Box!

and that even had I saved if I restarted it would be something else.
    This is false it won't change once you hit the step counter, the Pokemon or Item won't change unless you pick/defeat it. Besides you could have save right in front of it. It doesn't randomly respond every time you enter, other wise it would be much easier getting what you want with out the step thing.

So after a week of stalking I finally found a HG Dragonite lol, I don't think I've ever been happier XD

I AM THE 1%!! \o/
    Planned OR Team:

Y Team:
    White 2 Team:
    White Team:
    Platinum Team:

3DS FC: 4527 8860 3900
    Friend Safari:

You guys know that you can use the funfest system to increase the regeneration rate after you rank to level 5 right? Doesn't help too much but still.
    3DS FC: 3652-1012-6122
    Dark Pit isn't that bad of an inclusion, you'll get over it trust me.

Quote Originally Posted by TheBattleFrontierAsh1 View Post
    You guys know that you can use the funfest system to increase the regeneration rate after you rank to level 5 right? Doesn't help too much but still.
    I'm at Level 11 and I don't have that Pass Power :/
    Planned OR Team:

Y Team:
    White 2 Team:
    White Team:
    Platinum Team:

Friend Safari:

Quote Originally Posted by Mokepon22 View Post
    I'm at Level 11 and I don't have that Pass Power :/
    http://www.serebii.net/black2white2/passpowers.shtml
    It should have been usable at level 5. Check the link though.
    3DS FC: 3652-1012-6122
    Dark Pit isn't that bad of an inclusion, you'll get over it trust me.

Quote Originally Posted by TheBattleFrontierAsh1 View Post
    http://www.serebii.net/black2white2/passpowers.shtml
    It should have been usable at level 5. Check the link though.
    You're probably confusing it with something else, Hidden Grotto Power is unlocked at Black/White Level 10

At first I thought it meant Either Black or White level but since my White level is 11 I guess it means you need both Black & White levels at 10
    Planned OR Team:

Y Team:
    White 2 Team:
    White Team:
    Platinum Team:

Friend Safari:

I know that this has probably been asked a million times, and I apologize, but I am just wondering, are the genders of the Hidden Hollow Pokemon SR-able?
    My 3DS FC is 2964-8767-0282 PM me if you add me!

Visit Me and Chapter of Charizards gaming blog. Fans are always appreciated and welcomed. Feel free to comment!

Nope their gender are locked once respond.

Page 33 of 45 FirstFirst ... 2329303132333435363743 ... LastLast