Page 35 of 45 FirstFirst ... 25313233343536373839 ... LastLast

Thread: Hidden Grotto Discussion Thread

Hooray! I got a Dragonite today!! It is male, but I am still happy! I still have my fingers crossed for my mincinno to come soon!!
    [[SHINIES]]
    chained:
    Random Encounter:
    Masuda: 1004 eggs 452 eggs 1380 eggs 371 eggs 21 eggs (with skill link and aqua tail and a naive nature=]) 418 eggs Froakie 15 eggs 119 eggs
    traded:
    Soft Reset:

I got a female Bagon out of the blue just yesterday! Now I'm searching for a female Vulpix. 1% encounter rate ftl!

Edit@^: Didn't you get the free one from Rte.5? The one where Bianca teaches you about Hidden Grottoes? I'm pretty sure that one's a guaranteed Skill Link Minccino the first time you do it. Although afterwards, it becomes a normal grotto.
    Last edited by Paladin of Arceus; 16th May 2013 at 2:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Paladin of Arceus View Post
    Edit@^: Didn't you get the free one from Rte.5? The one where Bianca teaches you about Hidden Grottoes? I'm pretty sure that one's a guaranteed Skill Link Minccino the first time you do it. Although afterwards, it becomes a normal grotto.
    You do get a Minccino there at that point in the game yes, but it can only be male. You have to either defeat it or catch it to have a chance of getting a female one from that grotto.
    Claimed

The above sprites were made by me. Any comments/requests are welcome (VM/PM)
    My native Vivillon form is Garden Pattern. If you'd like to trade, just drop a VM/PM and we'll see what we can arrange.
    I am also giving out TCG Online Codes, for more info click here.

Ah, I see. I wasn't aware that it was gender-locked for that encounter.

Edit: How often do Grottoes renew their contents? Is there a set timeframe, is it random, are there any requirements that need fulfilled...?

Edit2: Ah, so every 256 steps has a 5% chance of making every empty Grotto respawn their contents... Ok then, Max Repels, prepare yourselves!
    Last edited by Paladin of Arceus; 16th May 2013 at 6:14 PM.

So still no mincinno, but I did run into a female drifloon and a male sneasle! I caught both! I plan to just keep visiting every grotto!
    [[SHINIES]]
    chained:
    Random Encounter:
    Masuda: 1004 eggs 452 eggs 1380 eggs 371 eggs 21 eggs (with skill link and aqua tail and a naive nature=]) 418 eggs Froakie 15 eggs 119 eggs
    traded:
    Soft Reset:

Ah, I see. I wasn't aware that it was gender-locked for that encounter.

Edit: How often do Grottoes renew their contents? Is there a set timeframe, is it random, are there any requirements that need fulfilled...?

Edit2: Ah, so every 256 steps has a 5% chance of making every empty Grotto respawn their contents... Ok then, Max Repels, prepare yourselves!
    The gender is locked as soon as it's generated.

So you can't SR for a female if you find a male? Dang it...

I actually loved these Hidden Grottoes, it gives us access to some pretty useful Pokemon.

Sadly the only thing I caught from them was a male Skill Link Minccino. At least I did catch something though.

Quote Originally Posted by Agonist View Post
    Sadly, that's part of it.
    I know, I was dying for a dw muk, got a potion or something.
    Yo, fellow Poke' lovers! My favorite is Feraligatr, but I love most pokemon. I've lots of pokemon hatched/caught, are willing to trade some.

Can breed a lot of pokemon, I have POKERUS, lot of HA pokes, PM me if you are willing to trade.

"If you love it enough you can have another because the new Pokemon can never take the sentimental value of the original, but can make new memories to add to the good times"
    -My younger brother

Friend code-1375 7776 2368-Heather

My Pangoro in the 6th gen remake of a 3rd gen game will be my future 63rd hundred. This is a great epiphany.

Don't know if this is where I should be posting this, but... if you save in front of a Pokemon in a Hidden Grotto, it won't be a different gender if you restart the game, right? I finally found a Bagon in Black 2 in the Hidden Grotto outside Pinwheel Forest, but I wanted a female and got a male. Finding just one Bagon was tough enough, finding a female could take forever and I really don't wanna go through it again. Does anyone have a female Bagon with Sheer Force that they'd be willing to trade me? Or could anyone breed one and trade it to me? Sadly I don't have too much to offer, I guess I can give you something with Pokerus or any Black exclusives.

I got a female Bagon out of the blue just yesterday! Now I'm searching for a female Vulpix. 1% encounter rate ftl!

I posted my message before I saw this, haha. Would you be willing to breed your Bagon and see if you could get another female Bagon with Sheer Force and trade it to me? I can offer you something with Pokerus or version exclusives if you need any. I know, sorry I don't have too much to offer.

I went on a Hidden Grotto hunt (search of Zangoose (found), Breloom, Bagon, Sneasel and Ditto.) I found instead however:

Woobat (female and male), Foongus (female and male), Amoongus (male), Pelipper (male), Watchog (male), Chatot (female), Zangoose (female), Nidoran (female), Medicham (male), Minccino (male), Pachirisu (male and female), Seviper (male), Drifloon (female), Butterfree (male), Metang (omg it was a pain to catch NeVE AGAIN METANG), Leavanny (male) (and Glameow male/female from funfest).

I might try again. xDDD
    3DS Friend Code: 1306-5187-6204

I think I've managed to clear two grottos (i.e. caught every female it's possible to get in that grotto) and I'm close to clearing quite a few more. The only one I'm having trouble with is Lostlorn Forest. I haven't been able to find any females there at all since I first found the grotto, and the only Pokémon I've seen are two male Combee.
    Claimed

The above sprites were made by me. Any comments/requests are welcome (VM/PM)
    My native Vivillon form is Garden Pattern. If you'd like to trade, just drop a VM/PM and we'll see what we can arrange.
    I am also giving out TCG Online Codes, for more info click here.

1. No you can't SR for Genders if it Male it will all ways be male until the next one shows up.
    2. I do have a female Bagon and I can breed another one for ya. I wouldn't interested in much unless you have some DW pokes that I could be interested in. Other wise doesn't matter with me.

Quote Originally Posted by Houka View Post
    1. No you can't SR for Genders if it Male it will all ways be male until the next one shows up.
    2. I do have a female Bagon and I can breed another one for ya. I wouldn't interested in much unless you have some DW pokes that I could be interested in. Other wise doesn't matter with me.
    I'd love a sheer force bagon. I've a dw tangela, doduo, and nidoking at the top of my head. Maybe a metagross, unless the person is still interested in mine.
    Yo, fellow Poke' lovers! My favorite is Feraligatr, but I love most pokemon. I've lots of pokemon hatched/caught, are willing to trade some.

Can breed a lot of pokemon, I have POKERUS, lot of HA pokes, PM me if you are willing to trade.

"If you love it enough you can have another because the new Pokemon can never take the sentimental value of the original, but can make new memories to add to the good times"
    -My younger brother

My Pangoro in the 6th gen remake of a 3rd gen game will be my future 63rd hundred. This is a great epiphany.

I PM'd you

I'd love a sheer force bagon. I've a dw tangela, doduo, and nidoking at the top of my head. Maybe a metagross, unless the person is still interested in mine.
    Any females in that lot?

Quote Originally Posted by the ash man83 View Post
    I think I've managed to clear two grottos (i.e. caught every female it's possible to get in that grotto) and I'm close to clearing quite a few more. The only one I'm having trouble with is Lostlorn Forest. I haven't been able to find any females there at all since I first found the grotto, and the only Pokémon I've seen are two male Combee.
    Good luck clearing the Lostlorn Forest one, it's the only Grotto with 0,25% chance of a certain Pokemon appearing, and even then it is most likely male.

And I've found at least 5 Combee from that Grotto, all of them are male.
    The female one is so rare I actually got my female Hustle Combee from the DW, not from the Grotto ._.
    Most of the other Grotto Pokemon has 30% chance to be female, but Combee has only 5%.

My shinies. Just click the links~

~Shiny Banner 1~
    ~Shiny Banner 2~
    ~Shiny Banner 3~

My shinies are not for trade or cloning.
    Shinies are not listed in order, for example the last shiny on the banner is not always the latest shiny I've obtained.
    Banner 1 made by Light Venusaur, thanks ^_^

Any females in that lot?
    I'll look.

-My younger brother

Quote Originally Posted by 00poke_maniac View Post
    I went on a Hidden Grotto hunt (search of Zangoose (found), Breloom, Bagon, Sneasel and Ditto.) I found instead however:

Woobat (female and male), Foongus (female and male), Amoongus (male), Pelipper (male), Watchog (male), Chatot (female), Zangoose (female), Nidoran (female), Medicham (male), Minccino (male), Pachirisu (male and female), Seviper (male), Drifloon (female), Butterfree (male), Metang (omg it was a pain to catch NeVE AGAIN METANG), Leavanny (male) (and Glameow male/female from funfest).

I might try again. xDDD
    I can relate to this exact feeling towards a pseudo-legend - Every other grotto 'mon so far has been a breeze in the catching department.)

LOL Matang was the first Pokemon to show up there for me. Dragonite was a hard to find but everything else didn't take that long.

Beldum line is the only pseudo-legend to have a catch rate identical to legendaries (only 3), so of course capturing it is a major pain.

I just get one from DW and ignore the ones in the Grotto (I flee from them).
    The one from DW is so much easier to capture due to Entree Forest setting all balls to have 100% capture rate, also if you do well in its DW minigame, it has special move

My shinies. Just click the links~

~Shiny Banner 1~
    ~Shiny Banner 2~
    ~Shiny Banner 3~

My shinies are not for trade or cloning.
    Shinies are not listed in order, for example the last shiny on the banner is not always the latest shiny I've obtained.
    Banner 1 made by Light Venusaur, thanks ^_^

Quote Originally Posted by Shine View Post
    Beldum line is the only pseudo-legend to have a catch rate identical to legendaries (only 3), so of course capturing it is a major pain.

I just get one from DW and ignore the ones in the Grotto (I flee from them).
    The one from DW is so much easier to capture due to Entree Forest setting all balls to have 100% capture rate, also if you do well in its DW minigame, it has special move
    Its where I got mine.

Oh, and sorry if this is wrong (don't know where to put it), but anyone have a female squirtle? Doesn't have to be dw (if its even released), just looking for one.

-My younger brother

Well that may be true but I did keep my master ball just for Metang and Dragonite so it's catch rate didn't really effect anything.

@CrusherTheFeraligatr: Any time now, if ya don't have any then I'll trade ya anything.

Edit: Oh I want to get these last few Pokemon done so might take a while depending on how long it takes to find these Blue Shards.

Well that may be true but I did keep my master ball just for Metang and Dragonite so it's catch rate didn't really effect anything.

@CrusherTheFeraligatr: Any time now, if ya don't have any then I'll trade ya anything.
    What would you like?

Oh, and I'm a noob on trading online, do we do it on the wfc, or what?

-My younger brother

Page 35 of 45 FirstFirst ... 25313233343536373839 ... LastLast