Page 38 of 45 FirstFirst ... 28343536373839404142 ... LastLast
Results 926 to 950 of 1101

Thread: Hidden Grotto Discussion Thread

  1. #926
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Gaur Plain
    Posts
    634

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cyberra View Post
    Not yet. I'm stalking Route 18's grotto for it
    I got mine by accident. I did not know that grotto existed, and I was headed to p2 lab with genesect. I saw the grotto, and inside is dragonite.



        Spoiler:- Credit + Claims:
    .

  2. #927
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    1,049

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Minedreigon View Post
    I got mine by accident. I did not know that grotto existed, and I was headed to p2 lab with genesect. I saw the grotto, and inside is dragonite.
    I've found a couple pokemon there but Dragonite was not one of them. YET. I keep wandering over there every now and then while I'm evolving critters hunting audino in Route 1, so it's bound to turn up eventually.

  3. #928
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Gaur Plain
    Posts
    634

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cyberra View Post
    I've found a couple pokemon there but Dragonite was not one of them. YET. I keep wandering over there every now and then while I'm evolving critters hunting audino in Route 1, so it's bound to turn up eventually.
    That was the case with ditto. Now I have an imposter ditto! He is my second favourite pokemon.



        Spoiler:- Credit + Claims:
    .

  4. #929
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Take a wild guess...
    Posts
    336

    Default

    I haven't yet used my Imposter Ditto, it's still sitting in the box.

    On another note, is there actually any use for the Mulches you find apart from selling them to the guy at the end of the runway in Mistralton City?
    Claimed


    The above sprites were made by me. Any comments/requests are welcome (VM/PM)
    My native Vivillon form is Garden Pattern. If you'd like to trade, just drop a VM/PM and we'll see what we can arrange.
    I am also giving out TCG Online Codes, for more info click here.

  5. #930
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Gaur Plain
    Posts
    634

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by the ash man83 View Post
    I haven't yet used my Imposter Ditto, it's still sitting in the box.

    On another note, is there actually any use for the Mulches you find apart from selling them to the guy at the end of the runway in Mistralton City?
    No. But if you get a berry shop, buy mulch, and sell them in mistralion, you can get infinite money.



        Spoiler:- Credit + Claims:
    .

  6. #931
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Maine
    Posts
    2,916

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Minedreigon View Post
    No. But if you get a berry shop, buy mulch, and sell them in mistralion, you can get infinite money.
    Unfortunately, you can only sell them individually, thereby making it very ineffective.

  7. #932
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Gaur Plain
    Posts
    634

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Agonist View Post
    Unfortunately, you can only sell them individually, thereby making it very ineffective.
    Slow and steady wins the race! Anyway, am I the only one who still does not have vulpix?



        Spoiler:- Credit + Claims:
    .

  8. #933

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Minedreigon View Post
    Slow and steady wins the race! Anyway, am I the only one who still does not have vulpix?
    You are not alone. I've never had luck with that Vulpix yet.

    Found a DWF Bagon in the Pinwheel Forest Grotto, tried breeding a couple times while holding an everstone but the offspring all came out with Rock Head instead of Sheer Force, I wonder why.




        Spoiler:- Credits::

    - please excuse my shoddy syntax for some reason I don't know.

  9. #934
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Take a wild guess...
    Posts
    336

    Default

    Are you breeding with a Ditto? If so, you will never breed down a DW ability.
    Claimed


    The above sprites were made by me. Any comments/requests are welcome (VM/PM)
    My native Vivillon form is Garden Pattern. If you'd like to trade, just drop a VM/PM and we'll see what we can arrange.
    I am also giving out TCG Online Codes, for more info click here.

  10. #935

    Default

    I forgot to mention that I was breeding it with another Bagon, with the same ability.




        Spoiler:- Credits::

    - please excuse my shoddy syntax for some reason I don't know.

  11. #936
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Take a wild guess...
    Posts
    336

    Default

    It doesn't matter whether the male parent has the same ability or not. If I remember correctly, there's about a 40% chance of passing down a hidden ability, even though it's like 80% with non-DW abilities.
    Claimed


    The above sprites were made by me. Any comments/requests are welcome (VM/PM)
    My native Vivillon form is Garden Pattern. If you'd like to trade, just drop a VM/PM and we'll see what we can arrange.
    I am also giving out TCG Online Codes, for more info click here.

  12. #937

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by the ash man83 View Post
    It doesn't matter whether the male parent has the same ability or not. If I remember correctly, there's about a 40% chance of passing down a hidden ability, even though it's like 80% with non-DW abilities.
    Does the everstone also affect the chance of passing hidden abilities?




        Spoiler:- Credits::

    - please excuse my shoddy syntax for some reason I don't know.

  13. #938
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Take a wild guess...
    Posts
    336

    Default

    I don't believe so, I'm fairly sure Everstones only affect the nature.
    Claimed


    The above sprites were made by me. Any comments/requests are welcome (VM/PM)
    My native Vivillon form is Garden Pattern. If you'd like to trade, just drop a VM/PM and we'll see what we can arrange.
    I am also giving out TCG Online Codes, for more info click here.

  14. #939
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Gaur Plain
    Posts
    634

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by the ash man83 View Post
    I don't believe so, I'm fairly sure Everstones only affect the nature.
    That's right! But the chance for hidden abilitys to pass on is 60%.



        Spoiler:- Credit + Claims:
    .

  15. #940
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Take a wild guess...
    Posts
    336

    Default

    I swear I've been told like three different percentages for that now. First it was 70%, then 40%, now 60%.
    Claimed


    The above sprites were made by me. Any comments/requests are welcome (VM/PM)
    My native Vivillon form is Garden Pattern. If you'd like to trade, just drop a VM/PM and we'll see what we can arrange.
    I am also giving out TCG Online Codes, for more info click here.

  16. #941
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    725

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by the ash man83 View Post
    I swear I've been told like three different percentages for that now. First it was 70%, then 40%, now 60%.
    It's a 60% chance.
    Last edited by FusionKT; 31st May 2013 at 4:40 PM.
    3DS FC: 2036-7351-7190.
    NNID: FusionKT

  17. #942
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Maine
    Posts
    2,916

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Minedreigon View Post
    Slow and steady wins the race! Anyway, am I the only one who still does not have vulpix?
    Whatever you say...

    Quote Originally Posted by Azimuth1011 View Post
    Does the everstone also affect the chance of passing hidden abilities?
    No.

  18. #943
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    55

    Default

    Unfortunately, you can only sell them individually, thereby making it very ineffective.
    What are ya talking about? I sold them all at the Poke' mart at once. It's a big time saver and since I have over 6 million money I don't tink I really need the money.

  19. #944
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Gaur Plain
    Posts
    634

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Houka View Post
    What are ya talking about? I sold them all at the Poke' mart at once. It's a big time saver and since I have over 6 million money I don't tink I really need the money.
    How do you have six million? Paday? Anyway still no luck with vulpix.



        Spoiler:- Credit + Claims:
    .

  20. #945
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    The Paper Towns
    Posts
    40

    Default

    I've just started trying checking the grottos consistently, but I've had little luck so far. I mostly get PokeBalls and Mulches, Yesterday, I caught a Bibarel, Pachirisu, Foongus, and Clefairy, which is a pretty good day for me.
    Pokemon X Friend Code: 0834-2018-2824
    Safari: Poison Type
    Cascoon|Swalot|Whirlpede

  21. #946
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Take a wild guess...
    Posts
    336

    Default

    Each mulch sells at the Pokémart for 100 Pokédollars, which is only a tenth of what the guy on the Mistralton Runway will buy them for. I suppose it depends if you're willing to be patient.
    Claimed


    The above sprites were made by me. Any comments/requests are welcome (VM/PM)
    My native Vivillon form is Garden Pattern. If you'd like to trade, just drop a VM/PM and we'll see what we can arrange.
    I am also giving out TCG Online Codes, for more info click here.

  22. #947
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    434

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Minedreigon View Post
    How do you have six million? Paday? Anyway still no luck with vulpix.
    That's the only thing I'm waiting on now too. Fortunately I have been making enough Dream Points to have Vulpix appear there. Which I think will be quicker.

    What makes the Vulpix Hidden Grotto even more frustrating than the rest is that it is such an inconvenience to get to. But I suppose for one of the best abilities for a weather team, the developers had to add some hurdles to acquiring it.

    Also, a bit off topic, I've found myself with a lot of money. More so in this Gen than any other. It's easy to rack up money, though with places like Join Avenue it is much easier to spend it too.

  23. #948
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Maine
    Posts
    2,916

    Default

    Since you can end up with a higher total of money than in previous games, consequently, it's easier to get larger amounts of money (the various items that sell for 100k + help, too).

  24. #949
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Gaur Plain
    Posts
    634

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cerex View Post
    That's the only thing I'm waiting on now too. Fortunately I have been making enough Dream Points to have Vulpix appear there. Which I think will be quicker.

    What makes the Vulpix Hidden Grotto even more frustrating than the rest is that it is such an inconvenience to get to. But I suppose for one of the best abilities for a weather team, the developers had to add some hurdles to acquiring it.

    Also, a bit off topic, I've found myself with a lot of money. More so in this Gen than any other. It's easy to rack up money, though with places like Join Avenue it is much easier to spend it too.
    Probably why my pockets are nearly empty . So, I think vulpix is a pain to get too, but so is ditto.



        Spoiler:- Credit + Claims:
    .

  25. #950
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    725

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Minedreigon View Post
    Probably why my pockets are nearly empty . So, I think vulpix is a pain to get too, but so is ditto.
    Vulpix has a 1% chance of being there, same with Ditto.
    3DS FC: 2036-7351-7190.
    NNID: FusionKT

Page 38 of 45 FirstFirst ... 28343536373839404142 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •