Page 39 of 45 FirstFirst ... 29353637383940414243 ... LastLast

Thread: Hidden Grotto Discussion Thread

So far, the only DWFs I have gotten from the hidden grottos are Murkrow and Breloom. I think that generally it is quicker to use the trade forums to find DWFs that you are after.
    Last edited by Bizdis; 1st June 2013 at 12:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bizdis View Post
    So far, the only DWFs I have gotten from the hidden grottos are Murkrow and Breloom. I think that generally it is quicker to use the trade forums to find DWFs that you are after.
    Those pokemon are rare. How are they your only dw pokemon?

Spoiler:- Credit + Claims:

I personally don't care about getting Vulpix, I already have a female one from DW anyway.

But Ditto.....argh, it's been months and I still haven't find it.

Quote Originally Posted by Houka View Post
    What are ya talking about? I sold them all at the Poke' mart at once.
    If you sell them to the guy in Mistralton runway, you receive 1000 per mulch, however you can only sell one at a time.

My shinies. Just click the links~

~Shiny Banner 1~
    ~Shiny Banner 2~
    ~Shiny Banner 3~

My shinies are not for trade or cloning.
    Shinies are not listed in order, for example the last shiny on the banner is not always the latest shiny I've obtained.
    Banner 1 made by Light Venusaur, thanks ^_^

Would it be better to try Hidden Grotto searching for pokemon, or would I be better off trading/ going to the Dream World??

Quote Originally Posted by Fahim View Post
    Would it be better to try Hidden Grotto searching for pokemon, or would I be better off trading/ going to the Dream World??
    Whatever you prefer really. There's no better way to get them, although trading would be the fastest way.
    3DS FC: 2036-7351-7190.
    NNID: FusionKT

Quote Originally Posted by Shine View Post
    I personally don't care about getting Vulpix, I already have a female one from DW anyway.

But Ditto.....argh, it's been months and I still haven't find it.

If you sell them to the guy in Mistralton runway, you receive 1000 per mulch, however you can only sell one at a time.
    I beat a mod at finding ditto
    So, breloom is a pain. I've checked there many times but no pokemon showed up.

Spoiler:- Credit + Claims:

How do you have six million? Paday? Anyway still no luck with vulpix.
    It's pretty easy to get money, especially if your training at the Stadium. It just add on over time and that's basically what I got at the moment.

Paday? Oh Payday, nope don't ever use that.

Those 1% Poke a troublesome to get rather I'll be the slow pace Dream World or hoping the game decide to randomly gives you it in the Hidden Hallows. It took me a week to find Zebstrika, 3 months for Dragonite, and rough a couple days with most other Pokemon (for some reason). Why is Dragonite so picky? I've seen everything else, most of them by accented (Like that Female Bagon).

Quote Originally Posted by Minedreigon View Post
    Probably why my pockets are nearly empty . So, I think vulpix is a pain to get too, but so is ditto.
    True, Ditto is a pain to get; however, it is easier to get to. Once you move the boulder, all you need is one super repel and you can get Ditto. Whereas you need Surf and Waterfall, and take a very inconvenient route to get to it's grotto.
    Pokemon Y
    3DS Friend Code: 1461-7604-0905
    Type: Steel
    Pokemon: Skarmory, Magneton, Klefki

Kalos Dex Completion
    Finished!

Need help? Just let me know.

Goal is to complete dex before the release of Pokemon Box!

Quote Originally Posted by Fahim View Post
    Trading is by far the easiest method to get DWfs, as long as you have something valuable in return.
    Quote Originally Posted by LizardonX View Post
    Tabitha has really let himself go, just how many lava cookies did he eat in the last 11 years?

Looking for pokemon in hidden grottoes is a monotonous and mind-numbing task.
    Especially with pokemon who are only found 1% of the time.
    We all make mistakes, but the biggest one we can make is not learning from them.

Finally found Heracross in W2 Hidden Grotto. :P

So far here is my list of things I need to find for my collection:
    ~~Hidden Grotto List~~

-----------
    Route 2
    -----------
    Nidoran M (X3)

-----------
    Route 3 (Surf)
    -----------
    Venonat
    Lombre (X2)

-----------
    Route 18
    -----------
    Chatot

-----------
    Pinwheel Forest (Inside)
    -----------
    Murkrow (X2)

-----------
    Giant Chasm
    -----------
    Ditto

Since the Ditto can be found in the wild it isn't entirely necessary to my collection, but I wouldn't mind hunting for it.
    Last edited by Kurry; 24th June 2013 at 9:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bolt the Cat View Post
    Trading is by far the easiest method to get DWfs, as long as you have something valuable in return.
    If you don't have a lot of Dream Points however, it is probably best to get some Hidden Grotto Pokemon, like Bagon, and build up an inventory and then go to the GTS.
    Pokemon Y

Kalos Dex Completion
    Finished!

Quote Originally Posted by Kurry View Post
    Since the Ditto can be found in the wild it isn't entirely necessary to my collection, but I wouldn't mind hunting for it.
    ......except that the wild ones don't have Impostor as their ability, so Ditto being available in the wild isn't a good reason for not trying to get the Hidden Grotto one

Quote Originally Posted by Houka View Post
    It took me a week to find Zebstrika
    At least you already have one, and at a relatively quick time too, only a week. I still haven't find one even after months, same with Ditto.

So, breloom is a pain. I've checked there many times but no pokemon showed up.
    Assuming you want to use it in battles, it's better to get one from DW, since the DW one may possess Bullet Seed as its special move. Bullet Seed is one of TechniLoom's main weapon.

Also, the one from DW is a Shroomish, which means it can learn Spore. Spore is the reason why people even use Breloom.

My shinies. Just click the links~

~Shiny Banner 1~
    ~Shiny Banner 2~
    ~Shiny Banner 3~

My shinies are not for trade or cloning.
    Shinies are not listed in order, for example the last shiny on the banner is not always the latest shiny I've obtained.
    Banner 1 made by Light Venusaur, thanks ^_^

Yeah, HG Techniloom was only good until Shroomish was released in the DW. And even then, only to be used a parent.

Are there any multipliers for Hidden Grottoes like there are for shinies?
    Because I haven't been able to find a pokemon, much less a ditto.
    We all make mistakes, but the biggest one we can make is not learning from them.

There are pass powers that somewhat increase the odds, but you need to get your Entree to a certain point to gain access to them.

Well dang.
    And I'm guessing that there is no singleplayer way of doing that.

You can increase the Black or White level by yourself, depending on your game, however, you can't raise the other without doing multiplayer.

Those pokemon are rare. How are they your only dw pokemon?
    I was specifically interested in Breloom. What I did was camp outside the particular hidden grotto that Breloom can be found in, and cycle back and forth in front of it, checking that one grotto every 1000 steps or so. I think I picked up an Amoonguss and a Beedrill while I was at it as well, but because they were male, and therefore useless for breeding, I forgot about them earlier.
    Last edited by Bizdis; 2nd June 2013 at 12:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Agonist View Post
    You can increase the Black or White level by yourself, depending on your game, however, you can't raise the other without doing multiplayer.
    And I assume that the pass powers that increase the odds require a white level of some sort...

You need to have both to a certain level, yes.

Sigh.
    So I did the math, and there is a 0.2% chance of a ditto appearing.
    If we use Max Repels as a reference for the cycle needed to factor in the 5% respawn chance, then 20 max repels results in a 100% chance of anything appearing in the grotto at all, and a 2% chance of a ditto appearing.
    If we multiply the original chance (0.2) by the amount of max repels I have stocked up (500) then I may find a ditto before I deplete my supply.

Of course, this is all subject to chance, so I may find nothing at all by that time.
    They really should have upped the respawn chance a few percentages.

When I found my Hidden Ditto I screamed. I would dedicate at least an hour or two to just Grotto Grinding, and eventually it paid off. Not for the darn Vulpix yet though.
    Pokemon Y

Kalos Dex Completion
    Finished!

Quote Originally Posted by Shine View Post
    ......except that the wild ones don't have Impostor as their ability, so Ditto being available in the wild isn't a good reason for not trying to get the Hidden Grotto one
    Definitely true. I know about the Impostor ability. And I've always wanted a useful Ditto. So far I've only found a female Sneasel in that particular Hidden Grotto.

Kind of interested in hunting for this Vulpix everyone is talking about. I've been doing a lot of training in around route 2 to Pinwheel Forest. Occasionally checking the Hidden Grottos along the way. So far nothing has shown up.

I didnt care much for hidden grotos but 2 days ago i tought i should give it a try and found some lame pokemon but also a female poliwhirl

Page 39 of 45 FirstFirst ... 29353637383940414243 ... LastLast