Page 40 of 45 FirstFirst ... 30363738394041424344 ... LastLast
Results 976 to 1,000 of 1101

Thread: Hidden Grotto Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by itsmeniek View Post
    I didnt care much for hidden grotos but 2 days ago i tought i should give it a try and found some lame pokemon but also a female poliwhirl
    Awsome! That's That's an impressive find.im still to find one.

Spoiler:- Credit + Claims:

Finally, a Ditto appeared in Giant Chasm's HG yesterday

Now if only that stupid Zebstrika would appear.....I'm currently doing an MM, so I passed by Route 3's HG numerous times, yet I haven't seen even a male one.

After that, I'll keep checking the Route 7 one for Cubchoo.

My shinies. Just click the links~

~Shiny Banner 1~
    ~Shiny Banner 2~
    ~Shiny Banner 3~

My shinies are not for trade or cloning.
    Shinies are not listed in order, for example the last shiny on the banner is not always the latest shiny I've obtained.
    Banner 1 made by Light Venusaur, thanks ^_^

Quote Originally Posted by Shine View Post
    Finally, a Ditto appeared in Giant Chasm's HG yesterday

Now if only that stupid Zebstrika would appear.....I'm currently doing an MM, so I passed by Route 3's HG numerous times, yet I haven't seen even a male one.

After that, I'll keep checking the Route 7 one for Cubchoo.
    I have a female dw zebstrika. So, I could breed you one.Anyway, good luck with cubchoo. I found it by accident. As for ditto, when I saw it I was like "finally!" It may take long, but it is so worth it.

Spoiler:- Credit + Claims:

Found and caught my third female Bagon just outside Pinwheel. I may not have been lucky with that Ditto, but at least I caught a female Breloom this time in the inner area's Hidden Grotto.

Spoiler:- Credits::

- please excuse my shoddy syntax for some reason I don't know.

Hmm... I know that some people have pride and find joy in hatching thousands of eggs or soft resetting thousands of times to get a shiny, but for Hidden Grotto, wouldn't it be a lot easier to just contact some RNGer to RNG a Hidden Grotto to get what you want? Some Pokemon (such as Pinsir in W2) have 0.075% chance of appearing in the Grotto as female. That'll take a ridiculously long period of time, since every 256 steps doesn't FORCE the empty Grotto to regenerate. THEN there are the IVs and nature.

But of course, if you take pride in finding the Grotto Pokemon yourself via powering your way through the near-impossible odds, then by all means, go for it on your lucky days. Apologies if I sound sarcastic, even though I'm really not trying to be.
    Tired of seeing all-shiny teams on Wifi Random Matchup?
    Tired of hearing your friends brag about their shinies?
    Tired of hatching thousands of eggs to just get Hidden Power right?
    Visit my shop and turn the tables! PT's Perfect Shiny Shop. The simple solution.

Quote Originally Posted by DX Installation 05 View Post
    Hmm... I know that some people have pride and find joy in hatching thousands of eggs or soft resetting thousands of times to get a shiny, but for Hidden Grotto, wouldn't it be a lot easier to just contact some RNGer to RNG a Hidden Grotto to get what you want? Some Pokemon (such as Pinsir in W2) have 0.075% chance of appearing in the Grotto as female. That'll take a ridiculously long period of time, since every 256 steps doesn't FORCE the empty Grotto to regenerate. THEN there are the IVs and nature.

But of course, if you take pride in finding the Grotto Pokemon yourself via powering your way through the near-impossible odds, then by all means, go for it on your lucky days. Apologies if I sound sarcastic, even though I'm really not trying to be.
    That's kinda how I feel about shiny hunters (Which you mentioned) who can hatch hundreds of eggs just for a "shiny" lillipup.
    But at least Grotto Grinding is more rewarding, (And you're more likely to get what you want) what with the pokemon having different abilities and such.

And personally, I like to do things by the game's statistics, makes me feel lucky.
    We all make mistakes, but the biggest one we can make is not learning from them.

Quote Originally Posted by Clinkclang View Post
    That's kinda how I feel about shiny hunters (Which you mentioned) who can hatch hundreds of eggs just for a "shiny" lillipup.
    But at least Grotto Grinding is more rewarding, (And you're more likely to get what you want) what with the pokemon having different abilities and such.

And personally, I like to do things by the game's statistics, makes me feel lucky.
    Eh, fair enough. Depends on person to person. Some like facing the terrible statistics, some like avoiding it to save time. I once tried to not RNG a DW Ditto (to test Imposter vs. Imposter) in Giant Chasm Hidden Grotto. I lost patience after 3 failed Grotto regeneration and just ended up RNGing that one. And every Grotto right afterwards within an hour. Now I don't need to ever RNG in White2. Very limited patience...
    Visit my shop and turn the tables! PT's Perfect Shiny Shop. The simple solution.

Eh, fair enough. Depends on person to person. Some like facing the terrible statistics, some like avoiding it to save time. I once tried to not RNG a DW Ditto (to test Imposter vs. Imposter) in Giant Chasm Hidden Grotto. I lost patience after 3 failed Grotto regeneration and just ended up RNGing that one. And every Grotto right afterwards within an hour. Now I don't need to ever RNG in White2. Very limited patience...
    You're lucky, I don't even know how to rng so I have to wait forever
    † I am a Christian and proud of it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†

Credit goes to FairyWitch at Flower Paradise Graphics

Fanfic Status: Currently postponed-- Kingdom Hearts: Memories' Reflection. Last updated 8/17/13

I found a Ditto in the Giant Chasm hidden grotto on my first visit to it. Reading about how rare it is makes me realise how lucky I am. Although, I'm having a complete nightmare finding some of the post game Pokemon (Lombre, Beedrill, Breloom, Murkrow, Chatot, Bagon, Medicham and both Nidorans specifically). I don't even want them for their abilities, I'm just trying to fill my dex up as much as I can without trading. Total nightmare.

Quote Originally Posted by Cometstarlight View Post
    You're lucky, I don't even know how to rng so I have to wait forever
    Well, you can either learn how to RNG (there's a help thread somewhere on this forum, I think), or get someone who already knows to just RNG whatever you're looking for.

Well, you can either learn how to RNG (there's a help thread somewhere on this forum, I think), or get someone who already knows to just RNG whatever you're looking for.
    Here, although some of the information is somewhat outdated.

I've been grindin' away for a female mincinno on route 5 and still not one! Funny part is I got a dragonite on my second day and have seen countless other pokemon in other grottos. I know the odds an such, but damn!
    [[SHINIES]]
    chained:
    Random Encounter:
    Masuda: 1004 eggs 452 eggs 1380 eggs 371 eggs 21 eggs (with skill link and aqua tail and a naive nature=]) 418 eggs Froakie 15 eggs 119 eggs
    traded:
    Soft Reset:

Quote Originally Posted by Räven View Post
    It is confirmed that the first hidden hollow Mincino is only male.
    Lol, I never caught it so I had no idea, thankyou.

I think if you catch the Mincino or encounter it after Bianca shows you it you might be able to find a liepard in the same Hidden Groto later. I also think that the hidden grotto on route 18 or something(Whatever route it is anyway) has a 1 percent chance for a dragonite to be encountered. I gave up in about 10 tries :P

Never really bothered with the grottos much was talking to a fellow member here the other day to get myself a male Nidoran.
    Then pop one popped up in the first grotto i tried!
    Hidden ability pokemon for trades.
    (Dream worlds and radars)

Not for trade

Legendaries

For the past couple of months, I've been having rotten luck with the Grottos, but now it seems like the tide has turned in my favour. I found not one, but two female Corsolas and, to my surprise, a female Cubchoo appeared in Route 7 as well. Other nice finds include Breloom and Bouffalant, although those were males, so I decided to SR for Adamant natures. Not too shabby.

Look at that face, you look like my next mistake

only found 1 ditto and it imposter'd into my sweeper and well sweeped my team of two (my casual duo adamant zangoose and my umbreon) came back and it was gone =(
    3DS Friend code: 1392-4485-7424
    Friend Safari: Grass type- Oddish, Ivysaur, Quiladin

^
    why did you even battled it while having a sweeper in front of your team anyway?

My shinies. Just click the links~

~Shiny Banner 1~
    ~Shiny Banner 2~
    ~Shiny Banner 3~

My shinies are not for trade or cloning.
    Shinies are not listed in order, for example the last shiny on the banner is not always the latest shiny I've obtained.
    Banner 1 made by Light Venusaur, thanks ^_^

I find the hidden grottos on Route 3 and the one down on Route 2 quite handy. MMing requires a lot of pokedollars (when I was breeding for charmander I put a lvl 2 male in and took out a lvl 100 male; cost me 10,000 pokedollars) so I raid the grottos looking for items. I've got nearly 80,000 pokedollars in mulch alone, plus a pile of tiny mushrooms and big mushrooms. They quite nicely pay for the MMing.

Still looking for a fire stone in them, though. So far I've gotten three water stones. I think the game is mocking me.

FINALLY got my fire stone! Now I'll be able to evolve a shiny Vulpix into a Ninetales

Hidden Grottos are really useful for most peoples strategies. For example I take advantage of Politoed's Hidden Ability of Drizzle for some awesome permanent rain strategy. My recent Hidden Grotto Pokemon was a Imposter Ditto. Imposter means that Ditto does not need to use Transform. My favorite Hidden Grotto Pokemon is Minccino's Skill Link. Skill Link makes sure that Multiple moves hit always 5. When Minccino evolves to Cinccino, it can "relearn" more Multiple hit moves.
    ☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆
    White 2 Friend Code: 4814-4788-5536
    ☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆
    3DS Friend Code: 1118-0535-0745
    ☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆
    •Snivy Fan Here ^_^
    I am looking for More friend safari's, Pm me your friend code.
    I choose you, Froakie!!!

o_O Holy crow...

From all my raiding of grottos, I have found, to date:
    53 gooey mulch
    60 tinymushrooms
    20 big mushrooms
    57 growth mulch
    51 stable mulch
    63 damp mulch

42 repels, and a bunch of other stuff. Including around 29 stardusts from the challenge rock.

All that mulch alone will give me 212,000 pokedollars. Selling it off is going to take me forever.
    Last edited by Cyberra; 10th August 2013 at 12:09 PM.

In the route with the day care there is a hidden grotto and inside it you can find a pachurisu which is extremely rare in the unova region. Pachurisu can learn the move charge. Then if you go to opelucid city in the double decked house the man asks if you have a pokemon that knows charge. Usually it will be a rotom you can get for a ditto but that's a whole other story. Anyway you give him your pachurisu and he charges his machine which will then see into other dimension. Yes a different dimension far beyond the distortion world and what zoroark holds and what the 3 cave of bieng leaders make he sees pokemon white 2 version. Then he thanks you with a charge battery that ups the electrical moves and if you give that for your pachurisu to hold it will be very strong. Then go to N's castle and when you battle zekrom his electrical type moves will be weakened and your electrical type moves will be stronger. Then take the dark stone N gives and unleash zekrom. Then catch him and you got a legendary!

Sorry if this was long and I know I'm awesome and ask me if you need help in pokemon black 2
    [CENTER]
    [IMG]http://i41.*******.com/2e6fo5d.png[/IMG]

[IMG]http://i43.*******.com/1zb9cvd.jpg[/IMG]

I AM A SHINY POKEMON HUNTER! I DO NOT CARE ABOUT IV'S AND EV'S, INFACT NEVER GIVE ME A POKEMON WITH THAT UNLESS I WANT IT
    Black 2 pokemon name: pokemon
    Friend code:2366-7219-1441
    [IMG]http://i41.*******.com/vrc7qq.gif[/IMG]
    I AM LOOKING FOR A CLONING SERVICE AND A SHINY GENESECT

Desperately in need of a Vulpix to pair with my Chlorophyl/Synthesis/Solarbeam Shiftry. Also I'd love to find a Dragonite. I believe I've caught everything else I'd want except Poison Touch Muk (Which I don't really need). I've had some great luck in Pinwheel Forest in particular, catching multiple Hariyama and Breloom (Including females).

Quote Originally Posted by Raasikh22 View Post
    In the route with the day care there is a hidden grotto and inside it you can find a pachurisu which is extremely rare in the unova region. Pachurisu can learn the move charge. Then if you go to opelucid city in the double decked house the man asks if you have a pokemon that knows charge. Usually it will be a rotom you can get for a ditto but that's a whole other story. Anyway you give him your pachurisu and he charges his machine which will then see into other dimension. Yes a different dimension far beyond the distortion world and what zoroark holds and what the 3 cave of bieng leaders make he sees pokemon white 2 version.
    That sounds like complete BS. And Pachirisu's not that rare. I've already caught 4 from that grotto. It's not powerful either.
    Last edited by Ib4; 18th August 2013 at 10:10 PM.

The other day I found a female Moxie Heracross. Not realizing how rare it was at the time, needless to say I was quite suprised when I saw in this thread that it only has a 0.07% encounter rate. Yet, I still haven't been able to find an Imposter Ditto.
    Friend Code: 2809 8504 5239

Friend Safari: Minccino, Lillipup and Ditto

Time Zone: GMT -4/ U.S. Eastern

Quote Originally Posted by Earendil View Post
    The other day I found a female Moxie Heracross. Not realizing how rare it was at the time, needless to say I was quite suprised when I saw in this thread that it only has a 0.07% encounter rate. Yet, I still haven't been able to find an Imposter Ditto.
    I hate how stupidly rare Heracross/Pinsir is, I mean they're even rarer than the Dragonite.
    Quote Originally Posted by LizardonX View Post
    Tabitha has really let himself go, just how many lava cookies did he eat in the last 11 years?

Page 40 of 45 FirstFirst ... 30363738394041424344 ... LastLast