Page 41 of 45 FirstFirst ... 31373839404142434445 LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,025 of 1101

Thread: Hidden Grotto Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Bolt the Cat View Post
    I hate how stupidly rare Heracross/Pinsir is, I mean they're even rarer than the Dragonite.
    I looked for Dragonite FOREVER. Got tired of looking and just traded for a DWF Dratini. I haven't found Heracross/Pinsir either, some of these guys just have such minuscule chances of encounter. I find it discouraging at times.

However, I did have some random lucky finds. Cubchoo, Female Vulpix.
    I found the Hidden Grotto Pass Power helped significantly while searching for specific pokemon.
    Black 2 Friend Code: 3311-4853-5551

Currently Offering DWF
    Currently Seeking all DWFs not listed above/Any UT DW Starters

Feel free to message me for trades/battles. I'm always down

I have a question. One time I found a Pachirisu with Volt Absorb then every consecutive time I went back to that same hidden grotto I kept finding Pachirisu. My question is once you find a specific item/pokemon is that item/pokemon the only thing that will appear in that hidden grotto.

Quote Originally Posted by Scolipedeluv View Post
    I have a question. One time I found a Pachirisu with Volt Absorb then every consecutive time I went back to that same hidden grotto I kept finding Pachirisu. My question is once you find a specific item/pokemon is that item/pokemon the only thing that will appear in that hidden grotto.
    No, once you have caught/defeated the pokemon currently in there or collected an item that's in there, the game's RNG will decide every 256 steps whether or not to generate an item, a pokemon or nothing at all. The Hidden Grotto in the Dark Grass area of Route 3 has a tendency to generate Pachirisu's from my experience.
    3DS FC: 3909-8385-9595

Pokemon X Shiny Value: 51

Quote Originally Posted by QuoteMaster View Post
    No, once you have caught/defeated the pokemon currently in there or collected an item that's in there, the game's RNG will decide every 256 steps whether or not to generate an item, a pokemon or nothing at all. The Hidden Grotto in the Dark Grass area of Route 3 has a tendency to generate Pachirisu's from my experience.
    Yup, a LOT of Pachirisu and quite a few Manectric... I'm in there a lot fishing for items while egg grinding. The one you have to surf for likes to spawn Bibarels.

The grottos are definitely trolling me. All I needed was a fire stone, and I got 5 water stones. I won't have to worry about being able to evolve water pokemon for a while... Still have yet to spot a Dragonite. And I have so much mulch I should be driving a Tauros hitched to a wagon rather than a bike.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyberra View Post
    The grottos are definitely trolling me. All I needed was a fire stone, and I got 5 water stones. I won't have to worry about being able to evolve water pokemon for a while... Still have yet to spot a Dragonite. And I have so much mulch I should be driving a Tauros hitched to a wagon rather than a bike.
    If you use the Dowsing machine you can find a fire stone in the Desert Resort there is also a Fire Stone in Lentimas town.

Yup, a LOT of Pachirisu and quite a few Manectric... I'm in there a lot fishing for items while egg grinding. The one you have to surf for likes to spawn Bibarels.

If you want a Dragonite, PM me. I have one and can get one (not in the grottos). But yes, I run into alot of Pachirisu's. Other then that, I've only seen Manectric's in there.

Credit to Inferno Production!

Quote Originally Posted by Scolipedeluv View Post
    If you use the Dowsing machine you can find a fire stone in the Desert Resort there is also a Fire Stone in Lentimas town.
    Got them both and used them to evolve Growlithe and Vulpix for my pokedex. I need one for the shiny I'm going to try and breed later. Took me forever to get one, and now that I've cleared Area 5 in the Black Tower I have a shop in Black City that sells me a fire stone every day. Only elemental stone I haven't gotten yet is the leaf stone, but currently I don't need any.

Quote Originally Posted by Volts View Post
    If you want a Dragonite, PM me. I have one and can get one (not in the grottos). But yes, I run into alot of Pachirisu's. Other then that, I've only seen Manectric's in there.
    I'd love to have a Multiscale Dragonite. The problem is I don't have access to reliable wireless that's compatible with my DS (the home wireless' encryption is too high and I don't know how to change it), which severely curtails any online trading I might want to do. The only wireless I've found that my DS can connect to is at the local mall, 30 minutes away, and when I'm there I don't have a computer so it'd be extremely hit or miss. Heavy on the miss, most likely...

Hidden grottos are great

I know it's given, but my fave Hidden Grotto Pokémon of all time is definitely Mincinno.
    Skill Link at mid-early game, and fantastic movepool and Speed, not to mention, cuteness. <3
    Cinccino rocks. <3

Finding PP Ups and PP Maxes in the grottos... Aren't they supposed to be really rare? >.> And I think I've seen every grotto pokemon on Routes 2 and 3 except granbull

I have about 6 dw pachirisu because of this. It also happens with clefairy in giant chasm (6) and for the love of God, FOONGUS. I have (wait for it) 20 dw foongus and 6 dw amoogus. Why are they so common? Why?

Spoiler:- Credit + Claims:

Quote Originally Posted by Minedreigon View Post
    I have about 6 dw pachirisu because of this. It also happens with clefairy in giant chasm (6) and for the love of God, FOONGUS. I have (wait for it) 20 dw foongus and 6 dw amoogus. Why are they so common? Why?
    This is exactly why I RNG the Grottoes Foongus, Amoongus, Pachirisu, Clefairy, and MULCH everywhere! The most notable thing I got from a Hidden Grotto before I RNG'd them was a female Woobat & Sneasel.
    Last edited by QuoteMissy; 27th August 2013 at 11:51 PM.

Had a pretty good day today, got a DWf Heracross and a DW Ditto.

This is exactly why I RNG the Grottoes Foongus, Amoongus, Pachirisu, Clefairy, and MULCH everywhere! The most notable thing I got from a Hidden Grotto before I RNG'd them was a female Woobat & Sneasel.
    You can RNG the Grottoes? I want in on this, I've still got a ton of stuff left to find there and it's going to take ages to finish by pure luck.
    Quote Originally Posted by LizardonX View Post
    Tabitha has really let himself go, just how many lava cookies did he eat in the last 11 years?

Quote Originally Posted by Bolt the Cat View Post
    Had a pretty good day today, got a DWf Heracross and a DW Ditto.

You can RNG the Grottoes? I want in on this, I've still got a ton of stuff left to find there and it's going to take ages to finish by pure luck.
    Yeah, it's fairly simple but I think that Hidden Grotto RNG is best left to the RNG Discussion thread in the regular Black/White section. (I'll send you a VM on Grotto details though.)

Hidden Grottos are so much fun to find! But what I hate is how whenever I enter one the Pokemon I want isn't there.

Yeah, it's fairly simple but I think that Hidden Grotto RNG is best left to the RNG Discussion thread in the regular Black/White section. (I'll send you a VM on Grotto details though.)
    Main issue is the Timer0 trolling, but otherwise it's a snap.

Do the hidden grottos ever get more pokemon appearing in them?

E.G

I found a Liepard in a hidden grotto. When I went back the next day, there was nothing there.
    3DS FC:
    4940 - 6535 - 5488

Friend Safari: Fighting:
    Pancham, Machoke, Tyrogue.
    PM me if you add me.

Quote Originally Posted by Ninfia-Fan View Post
    Do the hidden grottos ever get more pokemon appearing in them?

E.G

I found a Liepard in a hidden grotto. When I went back the next day, there was nothing there.
    Every single 265 steps, there is a 5% chance of there being an item, hidden item, or Pokémon there. Pokémon have a far smaller chance of appearing, though.

I recommend just RNGing this stuff, it's nigh-impossible to get the rarer ones without doing this <_<

Every 256 steps*.

Saw my first granbull in the Route 2 hidden grotto. Caught it, of course.

A while back I managed to get a Pinsir in a Hidden Grotto in my Black 2, the only other stuff I have managed to get is a Kingler, Bagon, Hariyama, Foongus, Clefairy, Pachirisu, Manectric, Nidoran (Male) and the Stunky Funfest mission. I want a Ditto so badly though, I have look in that Grotto and only ever found one Clefairy. Has anybody actually found a Ditto? Just out of curiosity.
    Currently shiny hunting: Mareep (HE), Treecko (MM), Noibat (FS)
    Current (non-event) Shinies: Gulpin, Liepard, Macargo, Magikarp, Kingdra, Venusaur, Pancham, Steelix, Metagross, Lapras, Whismur, Gyarados (x2), Spinda, Wingull (x2), Sylveon, Garchomp, Dragonite, Haxorus, Burmy, Latios and Kyurem.

Quote Originally Posted by IndigoTribesman View Post
    A while back I managed to get a Pinsir in a Hidden Grotto in my Black 2, the only other stuff I have managed to get is a Kingler, Bagon, Hariyama, Foongus, Clefairy, Pachirisu, Manectric, Nidoran (Male) and the Stunky Funfest mission. I want a Ditto so badly though, I have look in that Grotto and only ever found one Clefairy. Has anybody actually found a Ditto? Just out of curiosity.
    I found a Ditto just the other day as a matter of fact. Honestly, it's more impressive that you managed to find Pinsir in Black 2, that's the rarest thing you can find in that version.
    Quote Originally Posted by LizardonX View Post
    Tabitha has really let himself go, just how many lava cookies did he eat in the last 11 years?

The grotto on Route 2 has yielded the first leaf stone I've gotten since I started grotto raiding. I also caught a corsola down on Route 18. Hoping to find Dragonite. I know it's rare, but I hit the grottos every 12 eggs and I'm going to be at this for a while. It'll show eventually.

I GOT A MULTISCALE DRAGONITE!!! Male, Hasty nature, with the hold item Dragon Scale. Likes to relax. And I got it with one quick ball

I GOT A MULTISCALE DRAGONITE!!! Male, Hasty nature, with the hold item Dragon Scale. Likes to relax. And I got it with one quick ball
    Wait, it's holding Dragon scale? That's rare, right? Lucky you!

I've had little luck recently, but before I was ultra lucky. I have indeed found a ditto, and heracross in white 2.

Spoiler:- Credit + Claims:

Page 41 of 45 FirstFirst ... 31373839404142434445 LastLast