Page 43 of 45 FirstFirst ... 3339404142434445 LastLast
Results 1,051 to 1,075 of 1101

Thread: Hidden Grotto Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Monek_OP View Post
    I believe it's Impostor Ditto or Multiscale Dragonite. However, those may just be the most sought after.

EDIT: In every HGrotto, there's a 1% chance of getting 1 Pokemon. So, all of them?
    Wrong. Heracross (Black 2)/Pinsir (White 2) and Pinsir (Black 2)/Heracross (White 2) are the two rarest, at 0.75% and 0.25% respectively (although if you're specifically looking for females, Dragonite ranks in between the two since it has a lower female ratio).

Ditto and Dragonite rank pretty low, but they are indeed the most sought after, not the rarest.
    Last edited by Bolt the Cat; 22nd September 2013 at 2:44 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by LizardonX View Post
    Tabitha has really let himself go, just how many lava cookies did he eat in the last 11 years?

Quote Originally Posted by The Hiker king View Post
    I finally got an imposter ditto yesterday. It was the only hidden grotto Pokemon I was missing.
    Since I'm still hatching lots of eggs I'll probably continue using the grottoes. I think the extra Pokemon will be good for trades in the future.
    Lucky you lol I seem to have a hard time. I ran into three Electric types and Hariyama.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow1624 View Post
    Lucky you lol I seem to have a hard time. I ran into three Electric types and Hariyama.
    I guess I am lucky even though it took me months to find a ditto. Ditto is one of the most sought after ones because you can't get it from the dream world. From my experience Ditto was harder to find as I encountered a total of 3 Pinsir (1 female) during my "hunt" for Ditto even though Pinsir/Heracross are the rarest ones statistically speaking.
    3DS FC: 4785-5475-7913. Friend safari: fire w/ Growlithe, Larvesta, and Fletchinder.

Favorite obtained 6th gen shiny sprites: 658, 681, and 697

Just noticed that in Serebii's pokedex, it says eevee shows up in random hidden grottos. True? It doesn't say anything on the location page...
    Black2 Team:
    X Team: Froakie

Quote Originally Posted by The Hiker king View Post
    I guess I am lucky even though it took me months to find a ditto. Ditto is one of the most sought after ones because you can't get it from the dream world. From my experience Ditto was harder to find as I encountered a total of 3 Pinsir (1 female) during my "hunt" for Ditto even though Pinsir/Heracross are the rarest ones statistically speaking.
    Ditto can be found in the Giant Chasm. That's where I caught mine.

Credit to Inferno Production!

you can find Eevee in any Hidden Grotto as long as you are during a Funfest Mission (20%)

Quote Originally Posted by echo13 View Post
    Just noticed that in Serebii's pokedex, it says eevee shows up in random hidden grottos. True? It doesn't say anything on the location page...
    Quote Originally Posted by Laikon View Post
    you can find Eevee in any Hidden Grotto as long as you are during a Funfest Mission (20%)
    Not quite, it was only available during event Funfest Missions as shown at the bottom of here: http://www.serebii.net/black2white2/hiddengrotto.shtml

Unfortunately, there are no ongoing event Funfest Missions, the only way you can get a hidden ability Eevee is through the Dream World (Dream Park area).
    3DS FC: 3909-8385-9595

Pokemon X Shiny Value: 51

Ok, thanks for clearing that up!
    Black2 Team:

I don't know if you'll read this or not, but I might as well mention it anyway.
    There WAS an event Funfest Mission that lets you find Eeveelutions in Hidden Grotto, but it was Japanese only.

Consider it like back then during HG/SS era, only Japan gets that elusive Pokewalker course that contains Torchic.

Anyway, I just remembered something, as it happened again just recently. There is a minor glitch involving the Hidden Grotto. If you hatched an egg right when you are trying to exit a Grotto, the egg will hatch first, and then after the egg hatched, you will be unable to exit the Grotto, unless you move one step back first.

My shinies. Just click the links~

~Shiny Banner 1~
    ~Shiny Banner 2~
    ~Shiny Banner 3~

My shinies are not for trade or cloning.
    Shinies are not listed in order, for example the last shiny on the banner is not always the latest shiny I've obtained.
    Banner 1 made by Light Venusaur, thanks ^_^

I've been looking for Imposter Ditto in the Giant Chasm Hidden Grotto with no luck at all. Granted, I haven't been diligent about checking every day, so it's probably mostly on me. But my question is how do you guys recommend finding it? Do you check every day, or do you check every 250 steps?

I've checked my Hidden Grottos dozens of times in the past few months and so far, I have only found 2 Clefairy, 3 Foongus, 2 Combee, 1 Mincchino, and a Liepard. Am I just having bad luck, or is this normal?

Also, do Synchers work on the Hidden Grotto Pokemon?

3DS FC: 5129-1087-8128 Friend Safari: Phanpy, Dugtrio, Diggersby
    IGN: Varanus ~I have officially claimed Chompy!~

Quote Originally Posted by DarkLucarioADV View Post
    Varanus already said not to and she's smarter than me so I should Listen to her.
    -------

Are Hidden Grottos only accessible post-E4? Because in my White 2 I can't walk into any Hidden Grottos aside from the very first one that Bianca finds. Do I need to do something more to "activate" the Hidden Grottos?

Quote Originally Posted by Intec View Post
    Are Hidden Grottos only accessible post-E4? Because in my White 2 I can't walk into any Hidden Grottos aside from the very first one that Bianca finds. Do I need to do something more to "activate" the Hidden Grottos?
    You should be able to access them. Just walk up to one, press A, and then it asks you if you want to go inside and you say yes.
    Quote Originally Posted by LizardonX View Post
    Tabitha has really let himself go, just how many lava cookies did he eat in the last 11 years?

The only Pokemon I've seen in one is Liepard & Minccino. I usually just get items

Quote Originally Posted by Intec View Post
    I have no problems with them.

Quote Originally Posted by Cynthia7 View Post
    The only Pokemon I've seen in one is Liepard & Minccino. I usually just get items

I have no problems with them.
    Same here . Either that or common Pokémon. Haven't been able to run into a Hidden Grotto Dragonite or Ditto. It stinks. Been trying for a long time, and I've pretty much gave up on it.
    Looking forward to the release of Pokémon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire.

Will be training up the shiny Abra I have that's named Robin in honor of you. May you R.I.P.

The hidden grottos have been fairly good to me. Lots of mulch to sell, PP Maxes and the occasional rare candy and evolution stones. The surfing grotto on Route 3 likes spawning dawn stones; I have dawn stones out the wazoo and even more water stones. My third venture to the grotto on Route 18 netted me a male Multiscale Dragonite with the hold item Dragon Scale. Right now I'm practically swimming in repels and potions, though.
    Regigigas fan

Spoiler:- Recent Shinies ^_^:

I have claimed Metroplex (TF:FoC) and Darksiders

3DS FC: 2595 - 1763 - 0232

I really like the Hidden Grottos. Also a question. Are the contents in the Hidden Grottos the same every time they are re-filled? I have found 2 Female Liepard and 2 Male Hairyama. Just a coincidence?
    Latest Shiny!

Chain fish in Cyllage City in Pokemon X!

3DS FC: 4682 - 8902 - 8849
    PM me if you decide to add me. Psychic Friend Safari with Xatu, Munna and Espurr.

Quote Originally Posted by ~Sam~ View Post
    I really like the Hidden Grottos. Also a question. Are the contents in the Hidden Grottos the same every time they are re-filled? I have found 2 Female Liepard and 2 Male Hairyama. Just a coincidence?
    It's utterly and completely random. Some items/pokemon just have better chances of spawning than others.
    Regigigas fan

Spoiler:- Recent Shinies ^_^:

I have claimed Metroplex (TF:FoC) and Darksiders

3DS FC: 2595 - 1763 - 0232

Quote Originally Posted by WishIhadaManafi5 View Post
    Same here . Either that or common Pokémon. Haven't been able to run into a Hidden Grotto Dragonite or Ditto. It stinks. Been trying for a long time, and I've pretty much gave up on it.
    I might try for the ditto. I need one atm to help get lower forms on the game

Quote Originally Posted by Cyberra View Post
    It's utterly and completely random. Some items/pokemon just have better chances of spawning than others.
    Guess I'm just unlucky then :P
    Latest Shiny!

Chain fish in Cyllage City in Pokemon X!

3DS FC: 4682 - 8902 - 8849
    PM me if you decide to add me. Psychic Friend Safari with Xatu, Munna and Espurr.

Caught a ridiculously good Seviper in a Hidden Grotto the other day. Jolly nature (despite going in with a Modest Synchronize poke) and it's IVs are 26/28/31/13/30/29. First catch too!

Anyways, I've recently been looking for a female Combee but every single one I find is always male.
    B2:

Combee only has a 5% chance of appearing as a female.

Incidentally why would you want a Hidden Grotto female Combee anyway? Its ability of Hustle is certainly more useful than Honey Gather, but Vespiquen's DW ability Unnerve is much worse than Pressure if you're doing any competitive battling. Combee themselves are easy enough to get with a 25% female chance and better Vespiquen ability outside of the grottos. Plus you can't find a shiny Combee in a grotto. Not much point in a grotto Combee regardless of gender.
    My Decade of Pokemon Games: December 25, 2004-November 21, 2014
    LESRXDCPFPF DSSWB2XAegislashHawluchaYDelphoxMalamar
    AS ?

My favorite PS replay-Sableye wrecks Mewtwo, Giratina, and Arceus

Quote Originally Posted by Ib4 View Post
    Incidentally why would you want a Hidden Grotto female Combee anyway? Its ability of Hustle is certainly more useful than Honey Gather, but Vespiquen's DW ability Unnerve is much worse than Pressure if you're doing any competitive battling. Combee themselves are easy enough to get with a 25% female chance and better Vespiquen ability outside of the grottos. Plus you can't find a shiny Combee in a grotto. Not much point in a grotto Combee regardless of gender.
    This is your opinion. Thank you for sharing, but there are people who are DWF collectors, so we want to have them all, regardless if they have useless abilities (i.e. Delibird). Unnerve can be a decent ability, especially at the VGCs or double battling where berries are seen more often due to the fast pace nature of that metagame. Just an example.
    Dragonheart Sanctuary (OT: Ilane)
    Trade Shop || Sinnoh || Unova || Kalos

Quote Originally Posted by Winona View Post
    What is the rarest pokemon that you can get in the hidden grottos?
    The one you are looking for. >_<
    For months I've been trying to clear my Grotto list. So far the only thing I've been able to check off is Toxic Boost Zangoose.
    Flipping gender lock is preventing me from having Bullet Seed / Spore / Mach Punch / Technician Breloom atm.
    (I've settled for just a Mach Punch in the mean time)
    And why can't Salamence just learn Dragon Dance naturally? Who's derp-logic mind decided it should be a breeding move? I haven't checked yet, but God, I hope that Bagon is female...
    At least I don't need to worry about finding the right Ditto gender!
    Last edited by ! Q; 12th October 2013 at 12:05 AM.
    Q's Pokemon Yellow Version Nuzlocke Challenge!    Spoiler:- Details:
    On hold due to NOTHING!
    CHALLENGE RESUMED!
    Nintendo Network ID: Q_Rush
    Friend Code: 0576-5575-3090
    Safari: Fire w/ Larvesta, Growlithe, and Fletchinder!!! (Gale Wings, anyone?)

Quit dropping my rep just because I use blue text! It's my "thing" and it's not changing! If you can't read it, then just highlight it with your cursor.

Whew, just ran into a Manectric in the rt3 grotto, and I didn't have my false-swiper with me! Luckily it didn't roar away my serperior, and after about 5 normal pokeballs allowed itself to be captured at full health. Best find in a long time!
    Black2 Team:

Page 43 of 45 FirstFirst ... 3339404142434445 LastLast