Page 62 of 247 FirstFirst ... 125258596061626364656672112162 ... LastLast
Results 1,526 to 1,550 of 6162

Thread: Movie 16 - ExtremeSpeed Genesect & The Awakening of Mewtwo - FIRST DETAILS

  1. #1526
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Portugal
    Posts
    12,881

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Wormow View Post
    Yeah but why would they bother with another Genesect form that they'd have to add the data for in the 6th gen games?

    If they were planning another Genesect form, we would have known by BW2.
    It wouldn't be a diferent form, it would be the original like Mew and Mewtwo but yeah I guess they could have added it in BW2 if they wanted it but they have never increased the dex number unless a new generation is introduced.

    Anyway I'm not expecting it to happen just pointing out that I think the idea is cool.

  2. #1527
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    12,799

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pepsi_Plunge View Post
    That would be cool though and they could just make it the number after Genosect, it would be number 0 like Victini in the next gen dex. still we don't know if the unmodified Genosect was a legendary.
    I do expect maybe it would still have 600 BST, it's modification by Team Plasma could've decreased some of it's stats while increasing others to compensate, perhaps speed for example.

    But yeah it would make sense that at the very least the original would be weaker than the modified form.

    Quote Originally Posted by Wormow View Post
    Yeah but why would they bother with another Genesect form that they'd have to add the data for in the 6th gen games?

    If they were planning another Genesect form, we would have known by BW2.
    Well Generation 6 is Generation 6, a new generation so they can do whatever they want.

    I'm guess an alternate form....or rather a different species (I'll get to this in a moment), wouldn't have made very much sense. Because Genosect exists as it is because of Team Plasma, it's first Pokémon that technically (in the games) would have had a MAJOR link to the evil organization, however it was an event Pokémon, and N decided against Genosect, caused it all to not receive a lot of attention.

    BUT I can see why 6th gen would include a Pokémon, where Genesect could be the origin of and not 5th gen.

    We don't know everything that happened with Genosect, and the "fossil" they used or whatever weird modifications were done, it's possible this "fossil" was very rare, and found in a different location (I.E. Not Unova) but the fossil could've been found in 6th gen region and brought to Unova, because that's where Team Plasma was founded and existed. And it was Team Plasma that "created" Genesect.

    Quote Originally Posted by Pepsi_Plunge View Post
    It wouldn't be a diferent form, it would be the original like Mew and Mewtwo but yeah I guess they could have added it in BW2 if they wanted it but they have never increased the dex number unless a new generation is introduced.
    This is what I mean.

    Genesect is it's own Pokémon. Like Mewtwo is it's own Pokémon.

    Original form Genesect could be an entirely different Pokémon. Just like Mew. And it makes sense.

    If you were to take Kabutops (for example), modify it so it's robotic in nature, and energy wave abilities to its scythes, and made it capable of creating an energy shield it uses to protect from attacks, modify it even further, and perhaps even changing type, clearly this new modification would have to be classified as it's own Pokémon, it would still be based off of Kabutops but would be it's own Pokémon.

    Hell Scyther evolves into Scizor, even though they have the same BST, as if Scizor is merely some side evolution or alternate form, but it's still a different Pokémon, classified as a different Pokémon to Scyther. I will always disagree with Scyther and Scizor having the same BST. At least Shedinja's lower BST makes sense.
    Misinterpreting my posts is not your fault, negative repping me, and getting very sensitive about my posts because you misinterpreted my posts however is your fault. Think really hard, before negative repping or making a big deal about my posts. I don't appreciate being negative repped for reasons that are a result of misinterpreting my posts.

  3. #1528

    Default

    It just hit me. Forget the tinfoil hat; it's time to put on the tinfoil armor.

    -6th Genesect is missing
    -Genesect 6
    -Gene 6
    -Generation 6
    -"Gene 6 Gene 6, Genesect 6 is in Generation 6."

    Okay I admit that's a bad pun that probably doesn't mean anything.

  4. #1529

    Default

    Bob, while I admire your Keen Eye, I don't think the number of broken tubes in the P2 Lab means anything. Pretty much anything could've be in them, like preservatives, super-formulas, Fanta, anything. Also, it might be me, but Genesect seems a bit too big for them.

    And if the Pokémon Genesect used to be DOES appear in Gen VI, it would probably be a fossil Pokémon or (at best) a psuedo legendary (or both).
    Shokotan: "And then, in Extremespeed Genesect: The Awakening of Mewtwo, we meet another Mewtwo!"
    Yuyama: "Yes, I thought it'd be better if it was a different Mewtwo."
    Good for you Yuyama. Too bad you've singlehandedly torpedoed any lingering respect I and anyone else had for you.

  5. #1530

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Spin Attaxx View Post
    Bob, while I admire your Keen Eye, I don't think the number of broken tubes in the P2 Lab means anything. Pretty much anything could've be in them, like preservatives, super-formulas, Fanta, anything. Also, it might be me, but Genesect seems a bit too big for them.
    Many people ignored the tubes or said they meant nothing when we first saw the P2 Lab. Then the Genesect Rangers were revealed. Never say something that is a possible hint means nothing. Take in everything, then predict all foreseeable paths. Okay I admit I never really expected the five to appear in the movie, and joked about them being lost forever while having different colors that matched the Sages (Red Genesect = Rood, normal one = Zinzolin).

  6. #1531
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    1,102

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Wormow View Post
    Yeah but why would they bother with another Genesect form that they'd have to add the data for in the 6th gen games?

    If they were planning another Genesect form, we would have known by BW2.
    Think about Tangela, Chansey, Rhydon etc all getting new evolutions and pre-evolutions generations after they themselves were introduced. Genesect the organic animal being introduced one generation later isnt a massive gap.

    Quote Originally Posted by dman_dustin View Post
    I will always disagree with Scyther and Scizor having the same BST.
    Wrong place for me to weigh in on this, but I will.

    Hope you dont mind me saying I disagree, but I think them having the same BST is perfectly valid.

    Its Scyther with armour on, so the stats reflect that, less speed, more defence, whats wrong with that?
    Last edited by d4rk_tailed; 16th January 2013 at 6:22 PM.




  7. #1532
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    12,799

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by d4rk_tailed View Post

    Wrong place for me to weigh in on this, but I will.

    Hope you dont mind me saying I disagree, but I think them having the same BST is perfectly valid.

    Its Scyther with armour on, so the stats reflect that, less speed, more defence, whats wrong with that?
    It has the SAME BST, this isn't simply a form change this is an evolution. You can't evolve into something that's equal, that kind of defeats the purpose of evolving, lower or higher stats in things is moot, when you evolve you should get stronger.

    Shedinja makes sense because it's a "shed skin" version of Ninjask, like probably somewhere between Nincada and Ninjask something like that, so it can be considered an evolution of Nincada, but because of the whole 1 HP think it makes sense why Shedinja has a lower BST than Nincada.

    That can be said about Scizor, it can be slower, but it still should have a higher BST than Scyther. Even if it would only be 5 points it still should've been higher.

    But I don't really care because this is Genesect we're talking about. It's origin version could easily be the same BST or even lower, perhaps even higher, if it has a different ability, or whatever it would have to be different.
    Misinterpreting my posts is not your fault, negative repping me, and getting very sensitive about my posts because you misinterpreted my posts however is your fault. Think really hard, before negative repping or making a big deal about my posts. I don't appreciate being negative repped for reasons that are a result of misinterpreting my posts.

  8. #1533
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    1,091

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by d4rk_tailed View Post
    Think about Tangela, Chansey, Rhydon etc all getting new evolutions and pre-evolutions generations after they themselves were introduced. Genesect the organic animal being introduced one generation later isnt a massive gap.
    That's not the same, those were actual evolutions of normal Pokemon.

    This would be an actual form, of an event Pokemon. It's like saying introduce Shaymin in Diamond and Pearl, have a movie on the Sky version but don't release Skymin in the games until B/W. That's pointless. If normal Genesect was going to appear in this movie, they'd have to promote it somehow in the games. And as we know, 5th gen is almost over. There will be no more main 5th gen games until the inevitable remakes in 10 years time.

  9. #1534
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    New Tork City
    Posts
    7,717

    Default

    Original Genesect could simply be a separate species altogether, released separately from the altered Genesect in a way similar to how Regigigas was separated from the Regi Trio by a generation.

    (Banner by Matori)
    Beyond all ideals, the truth shall set you free...
    Most Recent: 17: The Bard and the Diva
    Next: Winter of Discontent

    The steps on the road to the truth.
    The Firestorm Rebellion
    The Victory Star of Fate


    Glacidia Network - The Home for Fanworks
    Best Wishes appreciation blog

  10. #1535
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    1,102

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dman_dustin View Post
    You can't evolve into something that's equal, that kind of defeats the purpose of evolving, lower or higher stats in things is moot, when you evolve you should get stronger.
    Sorry to be cheeky, but Im pretty sure the humble chicken is a long time descendant of the Velociraptor Not sure thats a 'strengthening' evolution!

    Quote Originally Posted by Wormow View Post
    This would be an actual form, of an event Pokemon. It's like saying introduce Shaymin in Diamond and Pearl, have a movie on the Sky version but don't release Skymin in the games until B/W. That's pointless. If normal Genesect was going to appear in this movie, they'd have to promote it somehow in the games. And as we know, 5th gen is almost over. There will be no more main 5th gen games until the inevitable remakes in 10 years time.
    Wouldnt that make it the ideal crossover Pokemon into the next generation though? Once the Gen 6 Pokedex is released, Gen 5 and Genesect are still going to be quite fresh.

    Since you mention Shaymin, that was the middle movie, not the last one. If theyd really wanted, the Shaymin film could have been the last Sinnoh one. Im with you, I dont wholeheartedly want them to introduce the original Genesect, but I dont feel its a bad shout because its at least relevant. Besides.....

    Quote Originally Posted by The Great Butler View Post
    Original Genesect could simply be a separate species altogether, released separately from the altered Genesect in a way similar to how Regigigas was separated from the Regi Trio by a generation.
    .....and therefore the gap between introducing Genesect and the original itself could be 1 generation, 2 generations, even three. Given Unovas remoteness from every other region, fossils being imported by criminal organisations for random experiments isnt too farfetched.




  11. #1536
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    With Yo Mamma
    Posts
    2,825

    Default

    No more Genesect please, I've had enough of that god darn face! Now when are we getting this Meloetta in an event?

  12. #1537
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Cerulean City
    Posts
    7,598

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MidnightFennekin View Post
    No more Genesect please, I've had enough of that god darn face! Now when are we getting this Meloetta in an event?
    This is the thread for the movie about Genesect, so why would mention that? ._.

  13. #1538
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    With Yo Mamma
    Posts
    2,825

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Demon Kitsune Yoko Kurama View Post
    This is the thread for the movie about Genesect, so why would mention that? ._.
    Lol, I mean no more Genesect than five in the movie, more would be overkill :P

    Damn these things never read out right :P

    But I guess they'd be no more Genesect than five, because that's probs just for each drive. ANd I've noticed.... Five genesects, (last movie) of the Fifth Gen...

  14. #1539

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MidnightFennekin View Post
    Now when are we getting this Meloetta in an event?
    Never. TPCI hates Meloetta.

  15. #1540
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    3,346

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MidnightFennekin View Post
    Lol, I mean no more Genesect than five in the movie, more would be overkill :P
    There is no kill like overkill. Especially when dealing with one of my favorite legendary.
    To right the countless wrongs of our day, we shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise. What a wonderful world such would be...

  16. #1541
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    At south of Kalos.
    Posts
    2,086

    Default

    I was surprised that anybdy posted this. Last Thursday I went to 2ch to know new frmation about the VA list and I found the scan of CoroCoro where the magazine hints what they are going to release the next month. I can't post the image now but I'm sure that the magazine hints a new pokemn in the movie.

    Apparently, the new star of the movie will be release in Febraury. And furthermore, that star will appear in the opening in the screenshots from older episodes of the opening.

    It's going to be a new pokemon. Gen VI is confirmed, after all.
    Last edited by Eievui-Nymphia; 20th January 2013 at 10:22 AM.
    I think that Pokemon is beautiful and has its charm


    Serebii, Bulbagarden

    Note: I decided to not post post that had cause hate to me anymore. If you see one, please PM me and I will delete the moment I'm aware and I'm online.

    I need to take a break in the anime forum because these forum bored me.


  17. #1542
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Sweden~
    Posts
    3,855

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by fer92 View Post
    I was surprised that anybdy posted this. Last Thursday I went to 2ch to know new frmation about the VA list and I found the scan of CoroCoro where the magazine hints what they are going to release the next month. I can't post the image now but I'm sure that the magazine hints a new pokemn in the movie.

    Apparently, the new star of the movie will be release in Febraury. And furthermore, that star will appear in the opening in the screenshots from older episodes of the opening.
    Oh, awesome, I totally missed that (if true). The new star will most likely be a New Pokémon, then? (I hope) Neat~
    Is apparantly Dragon Type in the Friend Safari. Neat.

    One of these Spoilers has a very Hot Chick hidden. One has Yaoi. And one will eat your Soul. Choose at your own risk~

        Spoiler:- Number 1:

        Spoiler:- Number 2:

        Spoiler:- Number 3:

  18. #1543
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    The Sanctuary
    Posts
    1,436

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by fer92 View Post
    I was surprised that anybdy posted this. Last Thursday I went to 2ch to know new frmation about the VA list and I found the scan of CoroCoro where the magazine hints what they are going to release the next month. I can't post the image now but I'm sure that the magazine hints a new pokemn in the movie.

    Apparently, the new star of the movie will be release in Febraury. And furthermore, that star will appear in the opening in the screenshots from older episodes of the opening.

    It's going to be a new pokemon. Gen VI is confirmed, after all.
    I wonder if this Pokemon will be similar to Lucario/Zoroark

  19. #1544

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by fer92 View Post
    I was surprised that anybdy posted this. Last Thursday I went to 2ch to know new frmation about the VA list and I found the scan of CoroCoro where the magazine hints what they are going to release the next month. I can't post the image now but I'm sure that the magazine hints a new pokemn in the movie.

    Apparently, the new star of the movie will be release in Febraury. And furthermore, that star will appear in the opening in the screenshots from older episodes of the opening.

    It's going to be a new pokemon. Gen VI is confirmed, after all.
    I know you said you couldn't find it, but could you make an attempt to find it and post it here please?

    It's most likely a 6th Gen, but i'm holding onto my final straws with Mewtwo appearing now.

  20. #1545
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    The Sanctuary
    Posts
    1,436

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Haunter227 View Post
    I know you said you couldn't find it, but could you make an attempt to find it and post it here please?

    It's most likely a 6th Gen, but i'm holding onto my final straws with Mewtwo appearing now.
    Mewtwo returning would be epic

  21. #1546

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by fer92 View Post
    I was surprised that anybdy posted this. Last Thursday I went to 2ch to know new frmation about the VA list and I found the scan of CoroCoro where the magazine hints what they are going to release the next month. I can't post the image now but I'm sure that the magazine hints a new pokemn in the movie.

    Apparently, the new star of the movie will be release in Febraury. And furthermore, that star will appear in the opening in the screenshots from older episodes of the opening.

    It's going to be a new pokemon. Gen VI is confirmed, after all.
    I think I've seen the pic you were talking about. Black and white page, correct? I asked someone about it, and they said it just claimed there would be "more movie info" in the next magazine. No particular hint about a new Pokemon, unlike many other previews.

    Edit: Was this it?

    Quote Originally Posted by Haunter227 View Post
    I know you said you couldn't find it, but could you make an attempt to find it and post it here please?

    It's most likely a 6th Gen, but i'm holding onto my final straws with Mewtwo appearing now.
    Don't worry, Mewtwo could still appear.

    It's not like all of the non-secret major stars have always been revealed prior to the secret new Pokemon or anything...
    Last edited by Bushido Bob; 20th January 2013 at 8:50 PM.

  22. #1547
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Cerulean City
    Posts
    7,598

    Default

    I got a 404 error message from the link.

  23. #1548
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    12,799

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by fer92 View Post
    I was surprised that anybdy posted this. Last Thursday I went to 2ch to know new frmation about the VA list and I found the scan of CoroCoro where the magazine hints what they are going to release the next month. I can't post the image now but I'm sure that the magazine hints a new pokemn in the movie.

    Apparently, the new star of the movie will be release in Febraury. And furthermore, that star will appear in the opening in the screenshots from older episodes of the opening.

    It's going to be a new pokemon. Gen VI is confirmed, after all.
    I've given this extensive thought, and unless it's what Genesect used to be before being modified, it's not going to be the star of this movie.

    This movie is focused around Genesect, any other "Star" that's not related to Genesect, would detract from the point of this movie.

    And I don't really like the idea of a Pokémon starring just because it's a 6th generation Pokémon nor would I like a human protagonist to have said Pokémon.

    So I don't see a Lucario, Manaphy, Zorua/Zoroark role. If there's something 6th generation related it's going to have a similar role of one of the main character's non important Pokémon. Meaning sure said 6th generation Pokémon can be useful have quite a few scenes, I guess, but the movie isn't going to revolve around said Pokémon. It's not likely to be included in the movie.

    I strongly believe this to be the case, because any "special, aka Next Generation Pokémon" to have a huge starring role, would've been already revealed and included in the movie (considering all the information we already have). It wouldn't already be so focused on Genesect, and again if it's not related to Genesect, it wouldn't be getting so much attention as in an opposing role to Genesect in importance.

    Now it if it's Genesect's unmodified form, then only in that instance could be in an opposing role to Genesect. Oh any by "opposing role" I mean of equal importance to the movie.

    It can't be a Lucario, Zorua/Zoroark, it just wouldn't make sense given the known context of the film. Unless again it was Genesect's unmodified form.

    However I can't discount the possibility that maybe there could be a Pokémon related to Genesect in the same vein as Seviper/Zangoose, or Durant/Heatmor, should that be a possibility then it would make sense in the context of the film. However while that might make sense, you would have to include both an unmodified form of Genesect, as well as the rivalry related Pokémon. I just don't see that happening. Plus it might kind of leap to assume there is some kind of Rivalry type related Pokémon. Since what we can assume about Genesect's unmodified form, it had many different types "prey" and focusing on one of them, just doesn't make much sense to me.

    Now a more of non prey rivalry as in Seviper and Zangoose (as opposed to Durant/Heatmor) could be possible. But I still find it unlikely.

    We'll just have to see.

    We may only get a Munchlax type role, if any next generation Pokémon will be in the movie.
    Misinterpreting my posts is not your fault, negative repping me, and getting very sensitive about my posts because you misinterpreted my posts however is your fault. Think really hard, before negative repping or making a big deal about my posts. I don't appreciate being negative repped for reasons that are a result of misinterpreting my posts.

  24. #1549

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Demon Kitsune Yoko Kurama View Post
    I got a 404 error message from the link.
    Huh? It works for me. It was the full image that had a 404 error, so I linked to the thumbnail.

    Edit: There seems to be something weird. Now the big scan is working for me.

    http://raim2005.blog18.fc2.com/blog-entry-996.html

    Try opening it from the blog I found it in. Maybe it's some cookie thing. I know at least Pixiv can give errors if you try to directly access an image without clicking on it from a proper page.

    Quote Originally Posted by dman_dustin View Post
    I strongly believe this to be the case, because any "special, aka Next Generation Pokémon" to have a huge starring role, would've been already revealed and included in the movie (considering all the information we already have).
    It has been a very, very long time since the movies worked that way. For over a decade, the secret stars have been revealed in February. Neither earlier nor later, no matter what the movie is like or how it has already been presented.
    Last edited by Bushido Bob; 20th January 2013 at 10:16 PM.

  25. #1550
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    12,799

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bushido Bob View Post
    Huh? It works for me. It was the full image that had a 404 error, so I linked to the thumbnail.

    Edit: There seems to be something weird. Now the big scan is working for me.

    http://raim2005.blog18.fc2.com/blog-entry-996.html

    Try opening it from the blog I found it in. Maybe it's some cookie thing. I know at least Pixiv can give errors if you try to directly access an image without clicking on it from a proper page.



    It has been a very, very long time since the movies worked that way. For over a decade, the secret stars have been revealed in February. Neither earlier nor later, no matter what the movie is like or how it has already been presented.
    No, no, no that's not what I meant, look at the rundown of the generations and what happened with them.

    Let's assume 1st generation and 2nd generation are two different generations even if they are part of the same series, so the Orange League is part of 1st generation and the Johto League is by itself.

    1st Generation-
    1st Movie- Mewtwo and Mew
    Last Movie- Lugia

    2nd Generation-
    1st Movie- "Entei".....
    Last Movie- Latios and Latias

    3rd Generation
    1st Movie- Jirachi
    Last Movie- Manaphy

    4th Generation
    1st Movie- Darkrai
    Last Movie- Zorua/Zoroark

    In the last movie in 4th generation THAT had a 5th generation Pokémon, the first trailer, was merely about Ash facing Ash. And I assume that could've been what happened in the other generations. That the first trailer assuming said star wasn't already revealed, had nothing to do with the main Pokémon (aka the next generation Pokémon).

    It wasn't until AFTER Zorua/Zoroark were revealed, that we actually got a trailer heavily involved with said Pokémon.

    That's what I mean, the 1st trailer ALREADY focuses on so much on Genesect, that there is no way it can revolve around a non related to Genesect 6th generation Pokémon.

    IF IT DID, what I'm saying is said Pokémon would had to already been revealed, to get the same content as we did in Genesect Movie's first trailer.

    This is the first transition period between generations where the last movie, ends with being the last event Pokémon of the previous current generation.

    The last 5th generation Pokémon movie, revolves around the last 5th generation Pokémon.

    This is a new one. But still don't see some random 6th generation Pokémon being so important that it diverts attention from Genesect.

    There is a reason why the other last generation movies, had big next gen Pokémon, that's because there was a gracing period of year, from the last generation Pokémon to the new generation.

    So that's what I meant. The trailer focuses so much on Genesect already from the 1st trailer, not in the techno blaster firing at Ash while he dodges (who's firing at Ash), but any human character in the 1st trailer is relegated to a very minor role, while a Pokémon this time is getting a lot of focus.

    There was nothing to indicate a hidden Pokémon, at least of the like of Lucario/Zorua/Zoroark.

    This is a first, yes, BUT I still don't see anything diverting attention from Genesect, which would happen with a 6th generation Lucario/Zorua/Zoroark, again it has to be about Genesect, in some way. Or like I said a starring not related to Genesect 6th generation Pokémon would not make ANY sense, and would only be included for the sake of including it.
    Misinterpreting my posts is not your fault, negative repping me, and getting very sensitive about my posts because you misinterpreted my posts however is your fault. Think really hard, before negative repping or making a big deal about my posts. I don't appreciate being negative repped for reasons that are a result of misinterpreting my posts.

Page 62 of 247 FirstFirst ... 125258596061626364656672112162 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •