Page 10 of 247 FirstFirst ... 678910111213142060110 ... LastLast

Thread: Movie 16 - ExtremeSpeed Genesect & The Awakening of Mewtwo - FIRST DETAILS

This movie and the whole genesect plot will be unpredictable!!!

All I can say is if they don't included Mewtwo somewhere within this movie...it's gonna be a failure.
    3DS code:1048-8163-5480
    Why exactly can't Ash get this little guy?
    "I already told you, I don't mind playing the bad guy every once in a while."~ Sonic the Hedgehog

Quote Originally Posted by Joltik-Kid View Post
    All I can say is if they don't included Mewtwo somewhere within this movie...it's gonna be a failure.
    I'll laugh if they only use him in the intro.

We don't even know what the hell it's about.

Spoiler:- Alpha Sapphire Progress:

Quote Originally Posted by Shneak View Post
    We don't even know what the hell it's about.
    No reason not to include him :P
    3DS code:1048-8163-5480
    Why exactly can't Ash get this little guy?
    "I already told you, I don't mind playing the bad guy every once in a while."~ Sonic the Hedgehog

Maybe Genesect is being revealed now because the movie next year is going to tie into something about to be introduced into the anime?

Mewtwo Strikes Back did directly tie into the anime, so I don't think it's completely impossible.

(Banner by Matori)
    Beyond all ideals, the truth shall set you free...
    Most Recent: 18: Winter of Discontent
    Next: The Weight of the World (Part 1)

The steps on the road to the truth.
    The Firestorm Rebellion
    The Victory Star of Fate

Glacidia Network - The Home for Fanworks
    Best Wishes appreciation blog

Quote Originally Posted by The Eleventh View Post
    I do not want to see Genesect speak. Not only does it bode poorly with me, I don't think Plasma had "speech" at the top of their list when they modified Primisect.
    Quote Originally Posted by AceDetective View Post
    a mechanical one that comes through a speaker rather then actual talking?
    Mechanical Words I think would be the best way to have its voice sound. Hearing mechanical noise or just its name being said I hope they don't have that.
    "Heart + Determination + Perserverence = Success" ™

My Philosophical quote on goals and dreams.

Quote Originally Posted by G50 View Post
    Mechanical Words I think would be the best way to have its voice sound. Hearing mechanical noise or just its name being said I hope they don't have that.
    Something like

*BZZZZT!* I IS GOONA KEEL YOOOU!

is fine with you? (with mechanical sounds )

<--My tumblr
    Quote Originally Posted by EmphaticPikachu
    DRACO NO STOP. DRACO DOWN. DRACO NO FLIRTING WITH ME.
    Quote Originally Posted by Noodlerama

FF.Net profile: Here!!
    \

Quote Originally Posted by G50 View Post
    Oh god no. The last thing we need is Genesect sounding like "Brainstorm" or C3PO or Stephen Hawking when it speaks.

Personally I don't think it should talk. It's Genesect for crying out loud, and a predator, I don't think the constant "Kill, Kill, Kill" would go over too well, especially in the dub.

I just don't think all Pokemon should have the ability to freely communicate with humans. Maybe most of them but all of them. Genesect is fine by just making noises.

If it needs to communicate (as if it should communicate) it could take control over a Pokemon and speak through it.
    -------

As for Mewtwo, aside from having "similar" origins I can't see why Mewtwo would get involved. Don't get me wrong we need more Mewtwo in the anime being a rare one of a kind-type Pokemon but I don't know if there's any story that could bring the two together. Unless we get something like Team Plasma and Team Rocket. But I don't think we need a movie where Iris, Cilan, and Ash sit back and eat popcorn throughout the whole movie.
    Misinterpreting my posts is not your fault, negative repping me, and getting very sensitive about my posts because you misinterpreted my posts however is your fault. Think really hard, before negative repping or making a big deal about my posts. I don't appreciate being negative repped for reasons that are a result of misinterpreting my posts.

Quote Originally Posted by dman_dustin View Post
    Oh god no. The last thing we need is Genesect sounding like "Brainstorm" or C3PO or Stephen Hawking when it speaks.

Personally I don't think it should talk. It's Genesect for crying out loud, and a predator, I don't think the constant "Kill, Kill, Kill" would go over too well, especially in the dub.

I just don't think all Pokemon should have the ability to freely communicate with humans. Maybe most of them but all of them. Genesect is fine by just making noises.

If it needs to communicate (as if it should communicate) it could take control over a Pokemon and speak through it.
    -------

As for Mewtwo, aside from having "similar" origins I can't see why Mewtwo would get involved. Don't get me wrong we need more Mewtwo in the anime being a rare one of a kind-type Pokemon but I don't know if there's any story that could bring the two together. Unless we get something like Team Plasma and Team Rocket. But I don't think we need a movie where Iris, Cilan, and Ash sit back and eat popcorn throughout the whole movie.
    Because Mewtwo believes itself the strongest Pokemon there is, I mean while I'd like to see something like this taken on I just doubt it's going to happen. They could make it work though, despite Mewtwo giving up on world domination at the end of the first movie I can't believe that it suddenly turned nice, and is out having tea parties and dancing through meadows of daisies with the other clone Pokémon. It should still remain with all it's negative qualities, I mean if it sensed a challenge as big as Genesect I doubt it would back down.

Quote Originally Posted by DMerle View Post
    Because Mewtwo believes itself the strongest Pokemon there is,
    Considering that Genesect is weaker than Mewtwo (difference 80 points if I'm not mistaken), and Mewtwo has never battled any of the "UBER" Legendaries, why Genesect of all Pokemon? I don't think the Bug/Steel typing is enough for Mewtwo to be afraid of it, especially when we have Darkrai who is completely immune.

I guess having similar origins might spark that "rivalry" between the two more so than any other legendary Pokemon, but I don't think Mewtwo really cares. As far as we know Mewtwo is off trying to figure out what its supposed to do in life.
    Misinterpreting my posts is not your fault, negative repping me, and getting very sensitive about my posts because you misinterpreted my posts however is your fault. Think really hard, before negative repping or making a big deal about my posts. I don't appreciate being negative repped for reasons that are a result of misinterpreting my posts.

Quote Originally Posted by dman_dustin View Post
    Considering that Genesect is weaker than Mewtwo (difference 80 points if I'm not mistaken), and Mewtwo has never battled any of the "UBER" Legendaries, why Genesect of all Pokemon? I don't think the Bug/Steel typing is enough for Mewtwo to be afraid of it, especially when we have Darkrai who is completely immune.

I guess having similar origins might spark that "rivalry" between the two more so than any other legendary Pokemon, but I don't think Mewtwo really cares. As far as we know Mewtwo is off trying to figure out what its supposed to do in life.
    We can't apply that to the anime though, it's true only in the games. Also Genesect and Mewtwo have something in common that they were both genetically engineered (or altered) for the purpose of serving of somebody else's goal, Mewtwo might see Genesect as a threat or vice-versa.

I hope rather than have genosect talk in some garbled robot-esque voice they have the human bad guy talk through it in some microphone

Quote Originally Posted by leaf494 View Post
    I hope rather than have genosect talk in some garbled robot-esque voice they have the human bad guy talk through it in some microphone
    Why would he though? It's a war machine not a telephone.

No reason not to include him :P
    Not really.. it would be cool I'm not going to lie but why would Mewtwo be in Unova? Just because the two are related to an evil team(Plasma and Rocket) doesn't mean they both have to appear together it just doesn't make any sense why would they be fighting? "Team Plasma and Genesect vs Tedious Title: Gen VI Pokemon" seems more likely to me.

Quote Originally Posted by spikyearedpichu View Post
    This movie and the whole genesect plot will be unpredictable!!!
    I agree! Sparks!
    Answer to all the bad things in the world: Give up on trying to make everything better. Hence, accepting it for what it is. YOLO! <- Click the link and daw.. -.-

Quote Originally Posted by JD View Post
    but why would Mewtwo be in Unova?
    In his last canon appearance he was seen in a City 'far away' and by the looks of it, earlier on it seems they may have intended the Pokemon representation of New York. So many years later and along comes Generation 5 with a City based on New York. The fact that Genesect and Mewtwo both have similar backgrounds, opposing Team Creators aswell only makes me want this to happen more, but whether it's wishful thinking or not evidence can back up all of the speculation.

Mewtwo Returns Ending:

Jirachi WishMaker Intro:

Quote Originally Posted by Haunter227 View Post
    In his last canon appearance he was seen in a City 'far away' and by the looks of it, earlier on it seems they may have intended the Pokemon representation of New York. So many years later and along comes Generation 5 with a City based on New York. The fact that Genesect and Mewtwo both have similar backgrounds, opposing Team Creators aswell only makes me want this to happen more, but whether it's wishful thinking or not evidence can back up all of the speculation.

Mewtwo Returns Ending:

Though there are comparisons, Mewtwo's entire backstory is completely different.. Mewtwo is all about existentialism and in particular regards to cloning, not reviving and modulation as much.
    Answer to all the bad things in the world: Give up on trying to make everything better. Hence, accepting it for what it is. YOLO! <- Click the link and daw.. -.-

Quote Originally Posted by Haunter227 View Post

Mewtwo Returns Ending:

Jirachi WishMaker Intro:

Hmm interesting I almost forgot about that.. if he does appear in this movie he better be wearing that cape

Yeah, I really don't see mewtwo showing up. That whole city looking like new york in Jirachi was probably a coincidence. Not to mention there are a lot of cities in japan that look like that......

Quote Originally Posted by Locormus View Post
    Though there are comparisons, Mewtwo's entire backstory is completely different.. Mewtwo is all about existentialism and in particular regards to cloning, not reviving and modulation as much.
    Really? I think their backstories are very similar, they're both genetically modified Pokemon by the hands of a regional team. The only thing different is their morals (which in all fairness we don't even know Genesects yet), like you said, Mewtwo was all about realising his existence etc. I personally imagine Genesect will simply be a Pokemon of destruction and go on a rampage or something, and because of this, it's why i'd like to see Genesect go rampant on Castelia City, Mewtwo's home which causes him to fight back against Genesect.

Quote Originally Posted by JD View Post
    Hmm interesting I almost forgot about that.. if he does appear in this movie he better be wearing that cape
    Damn right! Mewtwo also made a cameo wearing the cape in the Advanced Battle Opening.

Quote Originally Posted by diakyu View Post
    Yeah, I really don't see mewtwo showing up. That whole city looking like new york in Jirachi was probably a coincidence. Not to mention there are a lot of cities in japan that look like that......
    Coincidence? Unova wasn't even created back then.

The point is, their's no reason why the writers can't use that topic of Mewtwo being in a far away location and turn it into Castelia.

On topic of what can be used for the movie, here is a list of the legendaries that are released in Gen V.

Of course this doesn't necessarily strict what can appear(though there never was a non-in-game movie star legendary that had an event before it's movie that wasn't related to it's movie... until Genesect at least), but it can give a general idea.
    This is Turtwig, he was the most under appreciatted starter in Diamond & Pearl. If you picked Turtwig as your starter, put this in your sig . Started by Dax-360
    Quote Originally Posted by Teshub View Post
    I also read from the bulbagarden thread about the movie that Zorua impersonates Dawn and tries to show Dawn's butt to Ash. Fanservice, foreshadowing?
    Quote Originally Posted by Locormus View Post
    This show is called Pokemon, not Pochaman.. although that sounds almost the same..
    Youtube, DeviantArt, Bulbagarden, Imageshack, Photobucket, Smogon, Blog, Pokémon Series Analysis Dropbox Folder, Tumblr. PO/PS Username: Yusuf Kaya 3.0

I could see uxie, azlef and mesprit working well with genosect

Quote Originally Posted by AceDetective View Post
    I could see uxie, azlef and mesprit working well with genosect
    Really? I know they lack a true movie appearance, but I never thought Uxie, Axelf and Mesprit had any relevance other than being related to Dialga and Palkia. They don't really have any extra powers in my opinion that could work with any other Pokemon let alone Genesect.

The one thing that makes me doubt Genesect's role in the 2013 movie, is that's being distributed next month?

What are they possibly going to distribute for the next movie? Nothing is going to be new. Unless we get some special Genesect with possibly the signature of any other potential legendary Pokemon that is being distributed. Kind of like Darkrai with Roar of Time or Spacial Rend.

Page 10 of 247 FirstFirst ... 678910111213142060110 ... LastLast