Page 29 of 247 FirstFirst ... 192526272829303132333979129 ... LastLast

Thread: Movie 16 - ExtremeSpeed Genesect & The Awakening of Mewtwo - FIRST DETAILS

Quote Originally Posted by Honeyichigo View Post
    Yay, I won an internet argument via forfeit. This is such an accomplishment.

We usually get movie news in December, right? Through what channels? Like, does Smash usually get to it first, or one of the magazines?
    Last time Oha Suta aired a trailer first, CoroCoro came out second, and the official site gave the first plot details last.

At least we can then kill the Mo15-thread! :P

No more talk about bastard ponies! :S
    Answer to all the bad things in the world: Give up on trying to make everything better. Hence, accepting it for what it is. YOLO! <- Click the link and daw.. -.-

I just hope we'll see the first trailer to the 16th movie this week. I don't know if it's 100% but I sure do hope so.

My FireRed Champs:

My HeartGold Team:

My Black Team:

My White Team:

My White 2 Team So Far:

Quote Originally Posted by Arceusgamer14 View Post
    I just hope we'll see the first trailer to the 16th movie this week. I don't know if it's 100% but I sure do hope so.
    Unless it's the announcement that will occur with this week's episode, we'll probably be waiting until about a week into December or so.

I wish that this type of speculation will end.

We know that there's two announcements confirmed because of TV Tokyo summaries: One for tomorrow episodes and other for next week episodes. That's because I'll love to have specualtion based on information that we'll know.

I think that one of the announcement will be made for the filler saga plot and the other will be for the Genesect Movie.

Things who I'm very forward in the first announcement:
    -First and the most important, knowing the main cast of the filler saga (Or knowing that Iris won't be leader yet and she will travel with Ash and Cilan).
    -If there's any surprises here, I want to know other pokemon that will be featured in the movie. My two candidates are Rayquaza and Mewtwo

And things that I like to be known later (specially from Fan and summaries): And in this, CoroCoro.
    -Why Charizard is having too much merchandise these days.
    -If the trailer, title hints the presence of an unknown pokemon. Note that the reveal of new pokemon confirms that a new generation will be made, that doesn't mean when the exact release date of the game will be made (they can reveal the new pokemon for Sept 2013, Nov 2013 or Mar 2014, for example). Of course, this isn't from this month.

Nice to see we probably have the latest date for the title and trailer reveal; December 6th. The title of Victini's movie was also revealed on November 29nd, with the trailer being shown with an anime episode a few days later...

I can see it now; tomorrow's announcement is the title and next week's is the trailer.

Quote Originally Posted by fer92 View Post
    I wish that this type of speculation will end.
    -If there's any surprises here, I want to know other pokemon that will be featured in the movie. My two candidates are Rayquaza and Mewtwo
    I'm going to say that unless Gamefreak announces R/S/E remakes, Mewtwo is more likely to appear than Rayquaza. But if a Gen VI Poké IS appearing like many say it is, then they'll both be shunted for Lucario III.
    Shokotan: "And then, in Extremespeed Genesect: The Awakening of Mewtwo, we meet another Mewtwo!"
    Yuyama: "Yes, I thought it'd be better if it was a different Mewtwo."
    Good for you Yuyama. Too bad you've singlehandedly torpedoed any lingering respect I and anyone else had for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Spin Attaxx View Post
    I'm going to say that unless Gamefreak announces R/S/E remakes, Mewtwo is more likely to appear than Rayquaza. But if a Gen VI Poké IS appearing like many say it is, then they'll both be shunted for Lucario III.
    Crosses finger that this is the case! Bring Gen VI out already XD

-Kurumayu-tachi " we can't wait to become sweeping samurai Hahakomories

Minna no pokemon getto da ze~

Would be much better if Mewtwo appeared though, in my opinion

Quote Originally Posted by TheSirPeras View Post
    Would be much better if Mewtwo appeared though, in my opinion
    I'm hoping for that too, Mewtwo would side with the Gen VI Pokémon to defeat Genesect!
    Besides Since Ruby & Sapphire Remakes or VC has not yet released Meaning that Jirachi or Deoxys won't get role repeat like Mew in M08 and Celebi in M13 and we ran out of new Gen V Pokémon roles, I would say Mewtwo has a best chance of making a comeback

My FireRed Champs:

My HeartGold Team:

My Black Team:

My White Team:

My White 2 Team So Far:

Remember the Lucario movie came out in 05. It's still possible that we won't see gen 6 until 2014.

Yes that is a Female Dino Charge Red. It's a FanFic thing
    3DS FC: 3995-6518-0794

Quote Originally Posted by rocky505 View Post
    Remember the Lucario movie came out in 05. It's still possible that we won't see gen 6 until 2014.
    If such was the case the League wouldn't be be getting coverage right now, and they would have saved Genesect for the February reveal.

That doesn't really make sense, given the fact they revealed all the event Pokémon all within a single year's time. From February 2012 - July 2012 all three event Pokémon were revealed. And Genesect being revealed like a year before it's movie comes out.

The only reason why that would ever occur, is if Nintendo was pushing Gamefreak to move to the 3DS, and the only game that would make sense from a Gamefreak's perspective is the next generation of Pokemon. I mean sure RSE remakes might come out by next year in 2013. But I think next generation is around the corner and would take initial precedence.

But we'll see, I really don't know what's going to happen with Pokémon, after Black 2 and White 2 (from Gamefreak), but we'll see.

I just don't see them waiting until September 2014 to release the next generation.
    Misinterpreting my posts is not your fault, negative repping me, and getting very sensitive about my posts because you misinterpreted my posts however is your fault. Think really hard, before negative repping or making a big deal about my posts. I don't appreciate being negative repped for reasons that are a result of misinterpreting my posts.

Quote Originally Posted by dman_dustin View Post
    That doesn't really make sense, given the fact they revealed all the event Pokémon all within a single year's time. From February 2012 - July 2012 all three event Pokémon were revealed. And Genesect being revealed like a year before it's movie comes out.

The only reason why that would ever occur, is if Nintendo was pushing Gamefreak to move to the 3DS, and the only game that would make sense from a Gamefreak's perspective is the next generation of Pokemon. I mean sure RSE remakes might come out by next year in 2013. But I think next generation is around the corner and would take initial precedence.

But we'll see, I really don't know what's going to happen with Pokémon, after Black 2 and White 2 (from Gamefreak), but we'll see.

I just don't see them waiting until September 2014 to release the next generation.
    Yeah... I have a feeling that Gen VI is going to release on Fall 2013 in Japan. It's most likely that Gen V was just a DSi Gen than a 3DS Gen. It's much like Gen II was a GBC gen but then the GBA came and Gen II was short. (Plus the fact that Gamefreak was originally planing to end the series at Gen II but realized that the franchise has ranked as Mario & Zelda standard and decided to make more games). I have a feeling that Nintendo and Gamefreak are in fact secretly working on the Gen VI for the 3DS right now probably since Nintendo informed the staff of the 3DS soon to be unveiled.

My FireRed Champs:

My HeartGold Team:

My Black Team:

My White Team:

My White 2 Team So Far:

Yeah but you need to remember that all of gen 3's event pokemon were already released when Lucario was the star of a movie. I'm not saying gen 6 isn't coming until 2014. I'm just saying don't jump to conclusions until its confirmed. Whether there's a 6th gen pokemon in this movie or not, that doesn't mean 6th gen is coming in 2013.

Yes that is a Female Dino Charge Red. It's a FanFic thing
    3DS FC: 3995-6518-0794

Yeah but you need to remember that all of gen 3's event pokemon were already released when Lucario was the star of a movie. I'm not saying gen 6 isn't coming until 2014. I'm just saying don't jump to conclusions until its confirmed. Whether there's a 6th gen pokemon in this movie or not, that doesn't mean 6th gen is coming in 2013.
    4th generation was messed up though.

We had Munchlax more than 2 years before the actual generation came out. So we can't exactly argue 3rd-4th generation transition. Because even though all the event Pokémon (which there was only 2) there had to be NEXT generation Pokémon until 4th generation COULD be released

Zorua and Zoroark were in the movie preceding the 5th gen anime series which means "5th" generation of games. Which happened after the previous three movies were done with their event Pokémon were done.

Now in 5th generation all event legendary Pokemon are revealed within a single year. Something that's never been done before, at we're at a strange place.

One could argue that there could be one more Best Wishes related movie after Genesect, and it would solely focus on 6th generation Pokémon.

BUT.... why reveal Genesect a full year before it's movie will even come out? Has Nintendo stopped bothering to keep the event Pokémon a secret, because they were are already leaked to the internet, and the were tired of it?

I kind of have no doubt (except maybe a little doubt because of these uncharted waters) 6th generation will be revealed by the next movie, perhaps even a 6th generation related Pokémon will be in the movie.

And it will always make more sense to release a huge main series game (next generation, games like Pokémon Black 2 White 2 could be earlier) in September. Because it gives the movie makers and anime makers, at least 10 months to develop the new characters, their Pokémon so they can come up with a decent enough movie by next July.

Just imagine 6th generation being released in May/June, and that's when the new anime comes out. I can't imagine what kind of hell the movie producers would be in, if they only had a month or even two months to come up with a movie related to the current anime series, well no, of course they'd have about a full year, but the problem is the development of the anime series, Ash would like have only 1 new generation Pokémon (probably the Taillow/Starly/Pidove), and Ash's traveling characters would likely only have 1 Pokémon as well. At least if there was 10 months, Ash could have at least 4 or more Pokémon, and his travelling companions at least 2-3 Pokémon.

It really would be some kind hell that no one will want to be in.

So sure September 2014 for next generation, sounds like a nice idea, I don't exactly see it happening, but if it did happen, hopefully my filler saga idea will happen, with the Mini Tournament, Team Plasma, and some huge major tournament for those who've won mini tournaments in the past.
    Misinterpreting my posts is not your fault, negative repping me, and getting very sensitive about my posts because you misinterpreted my posts however is your fault. Think really hard, before negative repping or making a big deal about my posts. I don't appreciate being negative repped for reasons that are a result of misinterpreting my posts.

Quote Originally Posted by Bushido Bob View Post
    If such was the case the League wouldn't be be getting coverage right now, and they would have saved Genesect for the February reveal.
    The League isn't a excuse when the League is ending in January and that new generation won't be revealed until September. The League isn't a reason right now to think that there's a new pokemon game or not. I expect Nov 2013 but who knows.

Although I agree with the Genesect case. With the Victini movie, they make a gimmick with two things: releasing two movies at the time AND keeping his secret move out for a while. With Genesect, I don't see the gimmick (there will be a movie Genesect, for sure)

About other things that happened:

Lucario was revealed in 2005 because at first Gen IV was supposed to be revealed in 2005. Although very soon will known that won't be the case. (like 1 year before the movie).

@dman, About releasing new gen in May and the movie in July. The problem isn't that Ash hasn't had a full-team yet. The problem is the big promotion that the movies get in Japan.

The problem is that for example, a game is released in June and the movie in July, we must know the main cast in December already because they can't hide the cast for so long. And I don't see them revealing the cast so far in advanced of their debut. The only realiable option is to move the movie to other time until we found that the movie is in July because in July there's holidays, not in any other time of the year. You have to think that the children has holidays from end-June to early-September.
    Last edited by Eievui-Nymphia; 29th November 2012 at 7:24 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by fer92 View Post

@dman, About releasing new gen in May and the movie in July. The problem isn't that Ash hasn't had a full-team yet.
    That was NOT my argument.

What I mean was everyone wouldn't have much time to be developed (even the Pokémon), and I'm sure having options in Pokémon might actually enhance the movie, instead of just using Pikachu. Ash would be able to use a starter if he had it by the movie. Which he probably might not be able to do if the series has only been out for two months (which is at most 10 episodes, if the two months have 5 Thursdays each and there is no break).
    Last edited by dman_dustin; 29th November 2012 at 8:58 AM.

Welp, looks like it's practically confirmed Team Plasma will be in this movie.

With this announcement of "Episode N" in today's new Best Wishes episode, could that potentially mean that Team Plasma has gets left out of this film if they are covered in the anime? Or if this film does incorporate Team Plasma somehow, could it be adding on to the story-line of the anime kind of like how Mewtwo was in the OS?

Well, at least there's little chance of some guy we've never heard of with no affliation to Plasma being credited for Genesect's creation in this movie.
    Shokotan: "And then, in Extremespeed Genesect: The Awakening of Mewtwo, we meet another Mewtwo!"
    Yuyama: "Yes, I thought it'd be better if it was a different Mewtwo."
    Good for you Yuyama. Too bad you've singlehandedly torpedoed any lingering respect I and anyone else had for you.

Quote Originally Posted by MountNittany View Post
    With this announcement of "Episode N" in today's new Best Wishes episode, could that potentially mean that Team Plasma has gets left out of this film if they are covered in the anime? Or if this film does incorporate Team Plasma somehow, could it be adding on to the story-line of the anime kind of like how Mewtwo was in the OS?
    What if the Episode N arc is a prologue for the movie, which ultimately ends up being N and the twerps VS. Ghetsis and Genesect?

(Banner by Matori)
    Beyond all ideals, the truth shall set you free...
    Most Recent: 18: Winter of Discontent
    Next: The Weight of the World (Part 1)

The steps on the road to the truth.
    The Firestorm Rebellion
    The Victory Star of Fate

Glacidia Network - The Home for Fanworks
    Best Wishes appreciation blog

I'd love to see Episode N have scenes of Genesect being created incorporated in the Movie mimicking what happened in Movie 1, EP063/64 and 67.

Quote Originally Posted by The Great Butler View Post
    What if the Episode N arc is a prologue for the movie, which ultimately ends up being N and the twerps VS. Ghetsis and Genesect?
    I imagine the Episode N arc will at least tie-in with and foreshadow the movie. The fact that this arc was revealed right before the time for movie info probably isn't a coincidence.

As for N + Ash and co. VS Ghetsis and Genesect, that would be amazing. I'm not getting my hopes up for that level awesomeness though. I can see N possibly being a main character in the movie, but Ghetsis not so much.

Quote Originally Posted by Bushido Bob View Post
    I imagine the Episode N arc will at least tie-in with and foreshadow the movie. The fact that this arc was revealed right before the time for movie info probably isn't a coincidence.

As for N + Ash and co. VS Ghetsis and Genesect, that would be amazing. I'm not getting my hopes up for that level awesomeness though. I can see N possibly being a main character in the movie, but Ghetsis not so much.
    Someone's got to control Genesect, and in what little story we're given in the games, we know that N opposed its creation. If not Ghetsis, it should be Colress or the Shadow Triad.

What I'm seeing is Chapter of N highlighting N's evolution from being naive of Ghetsis's intentions, then the movie being the final stand between the now-heroic N and Ghetsis, who has since been revealed to be the real villain.

(Banner by Matori)
    Beyond all ideals, the truth shall set you free...
    Most Recent: 18: Winter of Discontent
    Next: The Weight of the World (Part 1)

The steps on the road to the truth.
    The Firestorm Rebellion
    The Victory Star of Fate

Glacidia Network - The Home for Fanworks
    Best Wishes appreciation blog

Page 29 of 247 FirstFirst ... 192526272829303132333979129 ... LastLast