Page 76 of 247 FirstFirst ... 266672737475767778798086126176 ... LastLast
Results 1,876 to 1,900 of 6162

Thread: Movie 16 - ExtremeSpeed Genesect & The Awakening of Mewtwo - FIRST DETAILS

  1. #1876

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Haunter227 View Post
    I'm not going to lie, i had the thought that Mewtwo might die, and in all fairness it would be a very graceful way to end Mewtwo's story if he did die saving everybody being the hero.
    Why are we wishing death on Mewtwo? I mean I think he's an ******* and all but that would be really pushing things.


    Quote Originally Posted by Pokemaniac24 View Post
    Really? I think that would depress viewers too much. I think there would be a better chance Giovanni gets killed.
    Please no.

    "Poe was the first writer to write about main characters who were bad guys or who were mad guys, and those are some of my favorite stories."
    -Stephen King

    I write odd slice of life stories about Team Rocket. If that's your thing, give them a look:

    Alpha Male- behind every friendship is a story. Perspective contest fourth place winner.
    Secretary- A short and cynical tale of paperwork and sadism
    Survival- A novella about the unbreakable bonds between one man and his feline friend. 2011 Pokemon Big Bang story.


  2. #1877
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Bionis
    Posts
    9,216

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pokemaniac24 View Post
    I am not saying in battles. I am saying in life in general.
    He killed an entire island and trapped an entire group of trainers to sastisfy his sadistic tendencies.

    No symphathy if he dies because his mental programming made him a sad person.
    Last edited by LizardonX; 12th February 2013 at 9:53 PM.

  3. #1878

    Default

    I could see Mewtwo dying and some Poke God reviving him, or doing whatever they did with Darkrai.

  4. #1879
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    6,022

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pokemonsquared View Post
    He killed an entire island and trapped an entire group of trainers to sastisfy his sadistic tendencies.

    No symphathy if he dies because his mental programming made him emo.
    Leave Mewtwo alone. He's one of the best characters in the anime.

    And, Matori, I don't want Giovanni or Mewtwo to die.

  5. #1880

    Default

    I'm not saying I want him to die, but if he did... depending on how it's portrayed (heroicly and emotionally/upsetting) i don't think i'll mind.

    Quote Originally Posted by Spin Attaxx View Post
    Oh dear. What have I done?

    I've apparently sparked a discussion on whether Mewtwo will be killed off for real or not.
    I was going to mention it, but you beat me to it so there was no escape.

  6. #1881
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Bionis
    Posts
    9,216

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pokemaniac24 View Post
    Leave Mewtwo alone. He's one of the best characters in the anime.

    And, Matori, I don't want Giovanni or Mewtwo to die.
    Yes but he is evil. So death would be fitting.

  7. #1882
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    6,022

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pokemonsquared View Post
    Yes but he is evil. So death would be fitting.
    You didn't watch Mewtwo Returns obviously or the ending of the first movie.

  8. #1883
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Italy, the Green Boot
    Posts
    3,980

    Default

    Gosh, I don't understand this fixation that someone has to die to be considered a true hero. Can't someone be heroic and don't die at the same time?
    MY MAIN FANFICS


    Super Smash Bros Clash: 6 chapters, ongoing | Pokémon Best Wishes Reloaded: 3 episodes, ongoing

    Self-made claimer of AntennaShipping {Meguri the Moogle (Original Character / Final Fantasy) x Captain Olimar (Pikmin)}
    and SteakShipping {Ness (MOTHER 2 / Earthbound) x Doremi (Ojamajo Doremi)}

  9. #1884
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Bionis
    Posts
    9,216

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pokemaniac24 View Post
    You didn't watch Mewtwo Returns obviously or the ending of the first movie.
    I watched both. Just Because he feels guilt does not excuse his actions.

  10. #1885
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    6,022

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cresselia92 View Post
    Gosh, I don't understand this fixation that someone has to die to be considered an hero. Can't someone be heroic and don't die at the same time?
    Of course.

    Quote Originally Posted by pokemonsquared View Post
    I watched both. Because he feels guilt does not excuse his actions.

    It's not guilt. Ash taught him the meaning of life at the end of the first movie and Mewtwo changed because of that. He was an absolute hero in Mewtwo Returns.

  11. #1886

    Default

    Mewtwo isn't evil?

    LMAO did you forget the ending of Movie 1 and Mewtwo Returns?

  12. #1887
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    6,022

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Haunter227 View Post
    Mewtwo isn't evil?

    LMAO did you forget the ending of Movie 1 and Mewtwo Returns?
    Exactly. He's one of the biggest heroes the anime has had.

  13. #1888

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pokemaniac24 View Post
    Exactly. He's one of the biggest heroes the anime has had.
    Not entirely, but this Movie will definetly prove your statement.

  14. #1889
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Bionis
    Posts
    9,216

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pokemaniac24 View Post
    Of course.




    It's not guilt. Ash taught him the meaning of life at the end of the first movie and Mewtwo changed because of that. He was an absolute hero in Mewtwo Returns.
    After mewtwo killed Ash. If not for the almighty power of friendship this show would have been over.

  15. #1890
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    6,022

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Haunter227 View Post
    Not entirely, but this Movie will definetly prove your statement.
    Maybe not in the first movie but I would consider him one of the biggest heroes in Mewtwo Returns. In fact, Mewtwo Returns was one of the best episodes/movies/specials in the anime. If they ended his story there and never brought him back, I would have been satisfied with his conclusion.

    Quote Originally Posted by pokemonsquared View Post
    After mewtwo killed Ash. If not for the almighty power of friendship this show would have been over.
    Ash was never going to die.

  16. #1891

    Default

    I still would like the idea of Mewtwo dying while being a hero to protect everyone because it would give it more of a darker feel to the movie. Though he probably could be brought back I suppose.
    Quote Originally Posted by Canada View Post
    Biggest Fan of the Diamond and Pearl Series: Dawn+Serena Fan

  17. #1892

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pokemaniac24 View Post
    It's not guilt. Ash taught him the meaning of life at the end of the first movie and Mewtwo changed because of that.
    I might be missing something, but didn't Ash just throw himself into Mewtwo's attack then get revived by a Deus Ex Machina? Unless the meaning of life is "throw it away", Mewtwo's Heel Face Turn seemed awfully contrived to me.
    Shokotan: "And then, in Extremespeed Genesect: The Awakening of Mewtwo, we meet another Mewtwo!"
    Yuyama: "Yes, I thought it'd be better if it was a different Mewtwo."
    Good for you Yuyama. Too bad you've singlehandedly torpedoed any lingering respect I and anyone else had for you.

  18. #1893
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    6,022

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DawnBoy View Post
    I still would like the idea of Mewtwo dying while being a hero to protect everyone because it would give it more of a darker feel to the movie. Though he probably could be brought back I suppose.
    Well, movies usually have some kind of moment where either someone dies, someone dies and comes back to life or someone is dying but ends up still living so it's likely we'll see that again for this movie.

    Quote Originally Posted by Spin Attaxx View Post
    I might be missing something, but didn't Ash just throw himself into Mewtwo's attack then get revived by a Deus Ex Machina? Unless the meaning of life is "throw it away", Mewtwo's Heel Face Turn seemed awfully contrived to me.
    I guess Mewtwo was so moved by what Ash did that he realized not all humans are bad.

  19. #1894

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pokemaniac24 View Post
    Maybe not in the first movie but I would consider him one of the biggest heroes in Mewtwo Returns. In fact, Mewtwo Returns was one of the best episodes/movies/specials in the anime. If they ended his story there and never brought him back, I would have been satisfied with his conclusion.
    Eh fair enough.

    He was a hero saving the spring i suppose.

    Mewtwo Returns was the best special but it wasn't an amazing story to me. It was only good because it continued Mewtwo's arc and the epic moment when Ash saved his life throwing him in the spring.

  20. #1895
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    550

    Default

    Why do people want Mewtwo to die? Not only is that cliche, but it's pointless, too. There are many bad fanfiction with Mewtwo dying, they don't need to go that route.
    ~marioluigifan05

  21. #1896
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    6,022

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Haunter227 View Post
    Eh fair enough.

    He was a hero saving the spring i suppose.

    Mewtwo Returns was the best special but it wasn't an amazing story to me. It was only good because it continued Mewtwo's arc and the epic moment when Ash saved his life throwing him in the spring.
    I personally loved the special. For me, the only movie or special that can compete with Mewtwo Returns is Movie 3.

  22. #1897
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    California, USA
    Posts
    14,124

    Default

    Meh, if anybody should die it should be Giovanni(if he is here). It would be a nice way to kick TR out the anime.
    Proud claimer of Cyndaquil and Ezio Auditore from Assassin's Creed !!
    Also proud claimer of Assassin's Creed 2 the game!!
    Just became the proud claimer of the Marvel's Agent's of S.H.I.E.L.D. TV show ^_^!!!

  23. #1898
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    6,022

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 1rkhachatryan View Post
    Meh, if anybody should die it should be Giovanni(if he is here). It would be a nice way to kick TR out the anime.
    Did any human villain ever die in a movie? I really don't see Giovanni dying in the movie.

  24. #1899

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pokemaniac24 View Post
    Did any human villain ever die in a movie? I really don't see Giovanni dying in the movie.
    No but Hunter J presumably died in DP.

  25. #1900
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    6,022

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Haunter227 View Post
    No but Hunter J presumably died in DP.
    They usually don't kill human villains in the movies though and besides Hunter J and Cyrus (who might have died as well) aren't as iconic to the anime as Giovanni.

Page 76 of 247 FirstFirst ... 266672737475767778798086126176 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •