Page 82 of 247 FirstFirst ... 327278798081828384858692132182 ... LastLast
Results 2,026 to 2,050 of 6162

Thread: Movie 16 - ExtremeSpeed Genesect & The Awakening of Mewtwo - FIRST DETAILS

  1. #2026
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Dressrosa
    Posts
    8,988

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pokemaniac24 View Post
    When he ended on such a perfect note, there are actually many ways they could ruin him.
    I agree with Janovy. I mean, he did develop a bit during his appearances and by this movie, he could have made a big development in the case that he's much kinder and trustworthy. Though the development could be that he went back to how he originally felt after seeing certain stuff or it could be something completely different.

    I kind of like that he's changed, but I hope that I'll like how he's changed, if Serebii and Sab are right.

    Bonnie: Hey, Clauncher, could you do me a favour and marry my brother?
    Clauncher: What? I can understand the old man's senility, but this is just annoying.

    Bonnie: Come on, Dedenne! I want that Gym Badge!
    Clauncher: If only this wasn't a kids show.
    3DS FC: 1891 1376 6990. Add me. Wii U Nintendo Network ID: Playerking.

  2. #2027
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Distant Valhalla
    Posts
    8,003

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Great Butler View Post
    Discarding the events of Mewtwo Returns is one way. I don't think they'll actually do that, but I'm still left a little confused by what Yuyama seems to be saying.
    I don't think that's a possibility since Yuyama refers to the first movie.

    "It says it's not the same Mewtwo after venturing out into the world following the first movie. It's been changed by what it saw"

    So, it's definitely the same Mewtwo but who has become more of a good Pokémon.


    ....and now, her story begins.

  3. #2028

    Default

    If this is the same Mewtwo from the 1st Movie, I wonder what it'll think of Ash's Charizard now since he saw it when it was being disobedient to Ash XD
    Quote Originally Posted by Canada View Post
    Biggest Fan of the Diamond and Pearl Series: Dawn+Serena Fan

  4. #2029
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    6,042

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by playerking View Post
    I agree with Janovy. I mean, he did develop a bit during his appearances and by this movie, he could have made a big development in the case that he's much kinder and trustworthy. Though the development could be that he went back to how he originally felt after seeing certain stuff or it could be something completely different.

    I kind of like that he's changed, but I hope that I'll like how he's changed, if Serebii and Sab are right.
    For me personally, I could see them ruining him in a lot of ways. Not to be too pessimistic though. We don't know much yet so I'll keep my hopes up. I'm not against him changing at all though especially if I like where they are going with his change.

    Quote Originally Posted by Janovy View Post
    I don't think that's a possibility since Yuyama refers to the first movie.

    "It says it's not the same Mewtwo after venturing out into the world following the first movie. It's been changed by what it saw"

    So, it's definitely the same Mewtwo but who has become more of a good Pokémon.
    Being changed doesn't necessarily mean he'll be better but yeah, I agree with you. I doubt they would make him evil again especially since we already saw him as evil in Movie 1.

  5. #2030
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    California, USA
    Posts
    14,433

    Default

    Pretty sure what it means that Mewtwo is still iffy on whether he can trust humans or not and that Ash is gonna have to work to get on his good side again.
    Proud claimer of Cyndaquil and Ezio Auditore from Assassin's Creed !!
    Also proud claimer of Assassin's Creed 2 the game!!
    Just became the proud claimer of the Marvel's Agent's of S.H.I.E.L.D. TV show ^_^!!!

  6. #2031
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    6,042

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 1rkhachatryan View Post
    Pretty sure what it means that Mewtwo is still iffy on whether he can trust humans or not and that Ash is gonna have to work to get on his good side again.
    I agree with this. I could definitely see this happening. Giovanni and TR scientists made Mewtwo hate humans and then Ash made him trust them so after seeing what TP are doing with the Genesects, I could definitely see Mewtwo getting angry at humans again.

  7. #2032
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    New Tork City
    Posts
    7,724

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pokemaniac24 View Post
    I agree with this. I could definitely see this happening. Giovanni and TR scientists made Mewtwo hate humans and then Ash made him trust them so after seeing what TP are doing with the Genesects, I could definitely see Mewtwo getting angry at humans again.
    This explanation makes sense. Discovering that other humans were evil enough to conduct the same experiment he thought only Team Rocket did could have disillusioned him, not in the way it made him evil before but now in a cynical sense, where he is not questioning his own existence but the worth of the world around him.

    (Banner by Matori)
    Beyond all ideals, the truth shall set you free...
    Most Recent: 17: The Bard and the Diva
    Next: Winter of Discontent

    The steps on the road to the truth.
    The Firestorm Rebellion
    The Victory Star of Fate


    Glacidia Network - The Home for Fanworks
    Best Wishes appreciation blog

  8. #2033
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    6,042

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Great Butler View Post
    This explanation makes sense. Discovering that other humans were evil enough to conduct the same experiment he thought only Team Rocket did could have disillusioned him, not in the way it made him evil before but now in a cynical sense, where he is not questioning his own existence but the worth of the world around him.
    Yep, exactly and it's interesting because outside of TR, Ash and a few other people he invited to his castle, he is not really familiar with the rest of the world and the people in it so I could definitely see them exploring that more with this movie.

  9. #2034

    Default

    I'm 100% sure Mewtwo's not going to be evil here. Maybe cynical and all "give me one reason why I shouldn't nuke your continent" at worst. And I'm guessing that it's the same Mewtwo seen in M01, but either Mewtwo Returns in non-canon now, or the "changed by what it saw" is a reference to the special.
    Shokotan: "And then, in Extremespeed Genesect: The Awakening of Mewtwo, we meet another Mewtwo!"
    Yuyama: "Yes, I thought it'd be better if it was a different Mewtwo."
    Good for you Yuyama. Too bad you've singlehandedly torpedoed any lingering respect I and anyone else had for you.

  10. #2035
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    I'm on a boat mother... what?
    Posts
    5,221

    Default

    im late to the party but whatever

    WOO HOO MEWTWO OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG *fangasm* THE WRITERS. THEY'VE CHECKED THE FORUMS!!
    Seriously now, I am soooooooooo happy. I can't wait for this.... I realy hope it's the same Mewtwo, I mean there's no reason it shouldn't be... I really wonder how Mewtwo will come back though, will it come back on its own or what? I miss the older design, the new one looks odd, but still epic :P MEWTWO!! XD

  11. #2036
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    30,874

    Default

    I knew there was a reason I wasn't hyped for this movie.

    It not being the same Mewtwo was a given. Even the Mew in Movie 8 was not the same one from Movie 1.

  12. #2037
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Distant Valhalla
    Posts
    8,003

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
    I knew there was a reason I wasn't hyped for this movie.

    It not being the same Mewtwo was a given. Even the Mew in Movie 8 was not the same one from Movie 1.
    Except it is the same Mewtwo.

    Do you even bother reading all the recent posts before posting?


    ....and now, her story begins.

  13. #2038
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    30,874

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Janovy View Post
    Except it is the same Mewtwo.

    Do you even bother reading all the recent posts before posting?
    We have two conflicting translations, nobody knows for sure what the right one is. The "reawakening" part makes it sound like a new Mewtwo woke up after being cloned, similar to the one in the first movie.

  14. #2039
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Distant Valhalla
    Posts
    8,003

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
    We have two conflicting translations, nobody knows for sure what the right one is. The "reawakening" part makes it sound like a new Mewtwo woke up after being cloned, similar to the one in the first movie.
    Except Dogasu confirmed that it's not 'reawakening' but 'awakening'. And by awakening, it doesn't necessarily mean literal awakening, more like metaphorical awakening. Also, the second translation is correct.

    "It says it's not the same Mewtwo after venturing out into the world following the first movie. It's been changed by what it saw."

    It is the same Mewtwo, however, it may have become a better Pokémon.


    ....and now, her story begins.

  15. #2040
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    30,874

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Janovy View Post
    It is the same Mewtwo, however, it may have become a better Pokémon.
    We'll have to wait and see, but don't get your hopes up. Even the scans in the magazines make this Mewtwo look younger than the other one. He doesn't look as distinguished.

  16. #2041
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Distant Valhalla
    Posts
    8,003

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
    We'll have to wait and see, but don't get your hopes up. Even the scans in the magazines make this Mewtwo look younger than the other one. He doesn't look as distinguished.
    How does Mewtwo on the scan look younger? It's Mewtwo, plain and simple.


    ....and now, her story begins.

  17. #2042
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Aspertia City
    Posts
    3,474

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Janovy View Post
    How does Mewtwo on the scan look younger? It's Mewtwo, plain and simple.
    The only 'young' Mewtwo I can remember is what he look like in Origin of Mewtwo. You know, the Ambertwo thing. And he doesn't look like that from the bit with Amber, like the real Mewtwo with a different animation stlye

  18. #2043
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Italy, the Green Boot
    Posts
    4,080

    Default

    Mewtwo has simply suffered a redesign, like a lot of things. Take Pikachu, for example:

    Before



    After



    So Mewtwo being drawn differently doesn't surprise nor faze me. I'm confident he's the same Mewtwo.
    MY MAIN FANFICS


    Super Smash Bros Clash: 6 chapters, ongoing | Pokémon Best Wishes Reloaded: 3 episodes, ongoing

    Self-made claimer of AntennaShipping {Meguri the Moogle (Original Character / Final Fantasy) x Captain Olimar (Pikmin)}
    and SteakShipping {Ness (MOTHER 2 / Earthbound) x Doremi (Ojamajo Doremi)}

  19. #2044
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    In the Dutch Mountains
    Posts
    8,680

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pokemaniac24 View Post
    I agree with this. I could definitely see this happening. Giovanni and TR scientists made Mewtwo hate humans and then Ash made him trust them so after seeing what TP are doing with the Genesects, I could definitely see Mewtwo getting angry at humans again.
    This is not true at all... Ash did not make Mewtwo 'trust humans'.. Mewtwo just got a better understanding about living, and being alive and caring for each other. Ash's effort did not make him trust humans, it made him realize that it doesn't matter what you are, that bonds can be forged, even if you are a clone. Mewtwo was looking for the worth of his life in the first movie, and Ash made him realize that even though he is a clone, he does not need to defined by that. It had absolutely nothing to do with 'trusting humans'.. In fact, him erasing everybody's memory after the first movie really does tell a lot about his distrust.
    Last edited by Locormus; 15th February 2013 at 3:09 PM.
    Answer to all the bad things in the world: Give up on trying to make everything better. Hence, accepting it for what it is. YOLO! <- Click the link and daw.. -.-

  20. #2045
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Valley of the Sun
    Posts
    6,465

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Serebii View Post
    I just asked Sab Mas to confirm translation, we're not 100% either way but, according to him

    "It says it's not the same Mewtwo after venturing out into the world following the first movie. It's been changed by what it saw"
    *slaps forehead* Duh, of course! Everyone knows that Mewtwo was angry at the world at one point, but he had a bigger change of heart at the end of Mewtwo Returns. Clearly some time had gone by since we last saw Mewtwo, so it'd make sense that Mewtwo would be different. People change, after all.

    *sings*Everything chaaaaaanges, chaaaaaanges*sings*

    Quote Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
    It not being the same Mewtwo was a given. Even the Mew in Movie 8 was not the same one from Movie 1.
    Eh, I got over that. Because we're shown that there are more-than-one of certain Legendary species (hell, even the Legendary Beasts if the 13th movie is anything to take into consideration), I'm pretty sure there are more Mew in the world than we're aware of. Just like how we have species that evade us, Mew's probably the same way in the Pokémon world.

    Quote Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
    We'll have to wait and see, but don't get your hopes up. Even the scans in the magazines make this Mewtwo look younger than the other one. He doesn't look as distinguished.
    He's younger-looking because he's not angry anymore 8D. Or he's using some kind of cream on his face when we're not looking to make himself look ten years-younger. It's either of the two. (STAY TUNED)
    Winner of Best Pokémon/Pokémon Fic of 2013 in the Shipping Oscars
    Current Chapter: Chapter Ten - 3/17/14 / Current: Last Chance - 11/3/11 - Chapter 20 progress: 75%
    I survived Pupa.

  21. #2046
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    482

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
    I knew there was a reason I wasn't hyped for this movie.

    It not being the same Mewtwo was a given. Even the Mew in Movie 8 was not the same one from Movie 1.

    Except one thing: Mewtwo isn't like the other legendary pokemons.
    He is unique. He was created by Team Rocket and there is only 1 in the world. He is not like Mew, Darkrai, Entei, Raikou, Suicune, Lugia and others we have seen to be more then 1 from the species. He is an unique pokemon. It just CAN'T be another Mewtwo because he is the only one who exists.
    And there would be no reason for Team Rocket to create another one, because they have failed before.
    It's obvious it is the same Mewtwo and that he get upset because of the Genesect being used by Plasma the same way he was used by Rocket and so decide to interfere. He might have a change in his personality though. But that's it.

    I hope Mewtwo doesn't change much. He is the best build character in the whole Pokemon series. Please don't screw it.

  22. #2047
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Unova, NY
    Posts
    6,285

    Default

    Ah, so it's the same Mewtwo. Nice.

    Quote Originally Posted by Lucas MV View Post
    He is an unique pokemon. It just CAN'T be another Mewtwo because he is the only one who exists.
    And there would be no reason for Team Rocket to create another one, because they have failed before.
    Er, no. It's entirely possible for someone else to create another Mewtwo.

    And just because they failed once doesn't mean they can't succeed after another attempt.

  23. #2048

    Default

    > implying someone that's evil knows what the hell a "Mewtwo" is.

    This applies to Team Rocket too.
    Shokotan: "And then, in Extremespeed Genesect: The Awakening of Mewtwo, we meet another Mewtwo!"
    Yuyama: "Yes, I thought it'd be better if it was a different Mewtwo."
    Good for you Yuyama. Too bad you've singlehandedly torpedoed any lingering respect I and anyone else had for you.

  24. #2049
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    482

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by lolipiece View Post
    Ah, so it's the same Mewtwo. Nice.



    Er, no. It's entirely possible for someone else to create another Mewtwo.

    And just because they failed once doesn't mean they can't succeed after another attempt.
    Nobody really knows about Mewtwo existence. Even TR don't. They had their memory erased. So...yeah this is the only one Mewtwo that is on existence.

  25. #2050

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Serebii View Post
    I just asked Sab Mas to confirm translation, we're not 100% either way but, according to him

    "It says it's not the same Mewtwo after venturing out into the world following the first movie. It's been changed by what it saw"
    I was very worried when i read the posts prior to yours.

    Quote Originally Posted by Janovy View Post
    I don't see how they can ruin Mewtwo.
    I think they could definetly ruin Mewtwo, but i'm willing to take that risk.

    On top of that i think the chances of ruining Mewtwo in this Movie are 2%. Anything involving his character is awesome. Mewtwo Returns (which i didn't really enjoy and felt the story was terrible) wasn't amazing yet since Mewtwo was in it made it enjoyable and entertaining for me.

    Quote Originally Posted by Pokemaniac24 View Post
    When he ended on such a perfect note, there are actually many ways they could ruin him.
    His story definetly could have concluded, but it was by far a perfect ending.

    I was left with a bitter taste that he didn't have his character fully explored in his new eyes of seeing the world, and his battling techniques.

    On top of that his interactions with Ash lasted for 2 minutes which wasn't very good.

    Still, as i said above i liked Mewtwo Returns simply because Mewtwo returned to the anime. The story could have been much better but i suppose it was to be expected in a special episode.

    Quote Originally Posted by DawnBoy View Post
    If this is the same Mewtwo from the 1st Movie, I wonder what it'll think of Ash's Charizard now since he saw it when it was being disobedient to Ash XD
    I wondered that aswell, although i don't think much will be mentioned.

    Quote Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
    I knew there was a reason I wasn't hyped for this movie.

    It not being the same Mewtwo was a given. Even the Mew in Movie 8 was not the same one from Movie 1.
    The quote whilst not 100% said it's the same Mewtwo.

    Mew was never hinted at being the same Mew from Movie 1, on top of that common sense would have people know that there are more than one Mew due to it's species, unlike Mewtwo.

Page 82 of 247 FirstFirst ... 327278798081828384858692132182 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •