Page 121 of 247 FirstFirst ... 2171111117118119120121122123124125131171221 ... LastLast
Results 3,001 to 3,025 of 6162

Thread: Movie 16 - ExtremeSpeed Genesect & The Awakening of Mewtwo - FIRST DETAILS

  1. #3001
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    1960s-style London police box
    Posts
    11,344

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Umbilical Noose View Post
    Maybe that Oshawott in the short is a random one. There was a random Wobbuffet in the Meloetta short, right?

    On Topic: They're distributing a Mewtwo with its DW ability that is Unnerve. Genesect won't be able to eat its berry, how evil is that?
    Most shorts have the groups Pokemon in them...so it likely is Ash's Oshawott
    3DS code:1048-8163-5480
    "I already told you, I don't mind playing the bad guy every once in a while."~ Sonic the Hedgehog

  2. #3002
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    2,958

    Default

    Pretty sure the shorts pick the cute, popular pokemon. Doesn't matter if they are on the team or not.
    To right the countless wrongs of our day, we shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise. What a wonderful world such would be...

  3. #3003
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    1960s-style London police box
    Posts
    11,344

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by diakyu View Post
    Pretty sure the shorts pick the cute, popular pokemon. Doesn't matter if they are on the team or not.
    No, I'm pretty sure it's the groups Pokemon, like always :P
    3DS code:1048-8163-5480
    "I already told you, I don't mind playing the bad guy every once in a while."~ Sonic the Hedgehog

  4. #3004
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Valley of the Sun
    Posts
    6,079

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Spin Attaxx View Post
    Apologies if I'm flogging a dead horse by now, but I feel it would be interesting if the relationship between Mewtwo and Genesect was like that of Batman and the Joker. It feels like Genesect would work really well as the anti-Mewtwo (partly due to having type advantages over him and similar yet different backstories), and perhaps a reflection of what Mewtwo probably would have become had it not been for Ash's sacrifice - a cold, heartless killer who has strayed too far to be turned back. I want N's belief of "Pokémon modified by science lose their natural beauty" to be more of a belief - I want it to look like N had a point in stopping the development of Genesect by having it (them?) behave irrationally and perhaps slightly insane (assuming N was involved in Genesect's animé backstory).
    Holy hell, I second this theory all the way. I don't think the writers are smart (or daring) enough to do this kind of clever writing, but that would be glorious.
    Winner of Best Pokémon/Pokémon Fic of 2013 in the Shipping Oscars
    Current Chapter: Chapter Ten - 3/17/14 / Current: Last Chance - 11/3/11 - Chapter 20 progress: 75%
    I survived Pupa.

  5. #3005
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    12,800

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Joltik-Kid View Post
    The more I think about it, even if it takes place during Episode N, I still don't think any team changes are gonna occur outside of Charizard possibly leaving the group before the movie. That would just be too confusing for those who don't always watch certain episodes
    Wouldn't not watching certain episodes actually alleviate any confusion?

    I mean if Person A were not to watch the episode where Oshawott hypothetically evolves, but watches the Genesect movie AND sees Oshawott, I'm pretty sure they aren't going to be puzzled, unless they knew about Dewott, even though they didn't watch it evolve.
    Misinterpreting my posts is not your fault, negative repping me, and getting very sensitive about my posts because you misinterpreted my posts however is your fault. Think really hard, before negative repping or making a big deal about my posts. I don't appreciate being negative repped for reasons that are a result of misinterpreting my posts.

  6. #3006
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    New Tork City
    Posts
    7,631

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kein View Post
    Explain the movie website saying that Ash is still in Unova.
    Meaningless. The movie websites have been wrong before (Movie 14's showed TR in black uniforms even long after they went back to white) and even if you ignore that, if the movie website actually mentioned Kanto or the islands, it would have spoiled us far in advance of this being revealed.

    He is in Unova as of the time the site was created, therefore, it is not actually inaccurate.

    (Banner by Matori)
    Beyond all ideals, the truth shall set you free...
    Most Recent: 14: Goldenrod City Under Siege (Part 1)
    Next: Goldenrod City Under Siege (Part 2)

    The steps on the road to the truth.
    The Firestorm Rebellion
    The Victory Star of Fate


    Glacidia Network - The Home for Fanworks
    Best Wishes appreciation blog

  7. #3007
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    1960s-style London police box
    Posts
    11,344

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dman_dustin View Post
    Wouldn't not watching certain episodes actually alleviate any confusion?

    I mean if Person A were not to watch the episode where Oshawott hypothetically evolves, but watches the Genesect movie AND sees Oshawott, I'm pretty sure they aren't going to be puzzled, unless they knew about Dewott, even though they didn't watch it evolve.
    That actually makes a lot of sense... which means I really need to put a lot more thought into my posts :/
    3DS code:1048-8163-5480
    "I already told you, I don't mind playing the bad guy every once in a while."~ Sonic the Hedgehog

  8. #3008

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Joltik-Kid View Post
    That actually makes a lot of sense... which means I really need to put a lot more thought into my posts :/
    That was weird, I was literally just about to respond to your last post saying exactly what dman said (aside from the Oshawott=Dewott reasoning).

    ---

    I can't believe Movie 16's placement is causing this much debate.

    I feel it fits better in Episode N, that's my opinion but am i complaining? No.

    It's either going to place in Episode N, or DA. Nothing more nothing less. Is it not possible to wait for more information? Or have people actually resorted to caving in on the confusing/misleading information despite it going on for 16 years?

  9. #3009
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    1960s-style London police box
    Posts
    11,344

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Haunter227 View Post
    That was weird, I was literally just about to respond to your last post saying exactly what dman said (aside from the Oshawott=Dewott reasoning).
    I've have weirder coincidences XD

    I can't believe Movie 16's placement is causing this much debate.

    I feel it fits better in Episode N, that's my opinion but am i complaining? No.

    It's either going to place in Episode N, or DA. Nothing more nothing less. Is it not possible to wait for more information? Or have people actually resorted to caving in on the confusing/misleading information despite it going on for 16 years?
    Like right now, because I was gonna say something like this, though I don't care about which season it fits more into...
    3DS code:1048-8163-5480
    "I already told you, I don't mind playing the bad guy every once in a while."~ Sonic the Hedgehog

  10. #3010
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    California, USA
    Posts
    12,803

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Haunter227 View Post
    That was weird, I was literally just about to respond to your last post saying exactly what dman said (aside from the Oshawott=Dewott reasoning).

    ---

    I can't believe Movie 16's placement is causing this much debate.

    I feel it fits better in Episode N, that's my opinion but am i complaining? No.

    It's either going to place in Episode N, or DA. Nothing more nothing less. Is it not possible to wait for more information? Or have people actually resorted to caving in on the confusing/misleading information despite it going on for 16 years?
    The only reason I even brought it up was so people would stop with the movie poster crap.

    CYNDAQUIL IS FINALLY MINE <3 <3 <3 <3!!!!!
    Pokemon Y FC: 1693-2261-4948
    Friend Safari: Poison(Venomoth, Toxicroak, and Seviper)

  11. #3011
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    HiddenLeafVillage of Greninjas
    Posts
    74

    Default

    I wonder if they'll be having a shiny Genesect event for the movie. I know there is a Mewtwo event for the movie already, but maybe have a 2nd event?
    Legitimately Caught All 649 Pokémon in White 2: April 12, 2013
    White 2 FC: 5072 4104 1923
    3DS FC: 0103-9971-7893


  12. #3012
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Drangleic
    Posts
    8,588

    Default

    There is no reason why it cant occur during dekoroa. was kingdom of the vale located near nimbasa city? Was roshan city and the train tracks anywhere around icirrus? well then why can't they go from dekoroa to new tork? Oh BTW miju is still not evolving

  13. #3013
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    California, USA
    Posts
    12,803

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pokemonsquared View Post
    There is no reason why it cant occur during dekoroa. was kingdom of the vale located near nimbasa city? Was roshan city and the train tracks anywhere around icirrus? well then why can't they go from dekoroa to new tork? Oh BTW miju is still not evolving
    That doesn't change the fact that they were still in Unova and that those movies weren't actually cannon.

    No one wants him to I want him to leave lol

    CYNDAQUIL IS FINALLY MINE <3 <3 <3 <3!!!!!
    Pokemon Y FC: 1693-2261-4948
    Friend Safari: Poison(Venomoth, Toxicroak, and Seviper)

  14. #3014
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    866

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Great Butler View Post
    Meaningless. The movie websites have been wrong before (Movie 14's showed TR in black uniforms even long after they went back to white) and even if you ignore that, if the movie website actually mentioned Kanto or the islands, it would have spoiled us far in advance of this being revealed.

    He is in Unova as of the time the site was created, therefore, it is not actually inaccurate.
    It may not be conclusive proof, but it is definitely not meaningless. The biography didn't have to mention any region; the Movie 8 website didn't say anything about Hoenn or Kanto.

  15. #3015
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    1960s-style London police box
    Posts
    11,344

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Haunter227 View Post
    No... that's simply an anime take on a Pokemon's Ability.

    If you went by that logic, Movie 1 shouldn't be canon since in the games Mewtwo never had anything to do with Team Rocket at all (and we all know Movie 1 had scenes in the anime regardless). Also, Movie 2 shouldn't be canon since there is no statement Lugia controls the bird trio.

    There are tonnes more reasons why you're logic isn't correct, but you get the point.

    Besides, as of right now Kyurem hasn't appeared in the anime so we don't know it's anime story yet.
    Not true about Lugia, PMD (while a spin off game) made mention that Lugia is indeed the Trio Master of the birds. Plus it makes sense since Ho-Oh is the Trio Master of the beast.
    3DS code:1048-8163-5480
    "I already told you, I don't mind playing the bad guy every once in a while."~ Sonic the Hedgehog

  16. #3016

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Joltik-Kid View Post
    Not true about Lugia, PMD (while a spin off game) made mention that Lugia is indeed the Trio Master of the birds. Plus it makes sense since Ho-Oh is the Trio Master of the beast.
    Ah, never noticed it in the MD games, but still i'd be weary about it since the main series is different to the spin-offs. In the MD games remember that Pokemon (legendaries specifically) all have different roles and background stories. It's an entirely different universe.

    Anyway, I agree it makes sense Lugia is the master but nothing has been confirmed in the main series games at least.

  17. #3017
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    1960s-style London police box
    Posts
    11,344

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Haunter227 View Post
    Ah, never noticed it in the MD games, but still i'd be weary about it since the main series is different to the spin-offs. In the MD games remember that Pokemon (legendaries specifically) all have different roles and background stories. It's an entirely different universe.

    Anyway, I agree it makes sense Lugia is the master but nothing has been confirmed in the main series games at least.
    Fair enough, though by today's standards, most people consider Lugia the master, as all trios (except the Tao trio) have one. Before you say the weather trio, Rayquaza is said to be the internal master, much like Landorus
    3DS code:1048-8163-5480
    "I already told you, I don't mind playing the bad guy every once in a while."~ Sonic the Hedgehog

  18. #3018
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    ---
    Posts
    765

    Default

    Pretty sure the labs in Cinnabar mentioned the testing they did, insinuating that they created Mewtwo. Then again, I played it a long time ago, so perhaps not.
    Opinions are intrinsically biased. Just thought people should know.

  19. #3019

    Default

    The guys at Cinnabar Mansion did create Mewtwo in the games, but Team Rocket had no part in it. And there wasn't any intention of bringing a dead girl back to life, they just made Mewtwo because someone said "You know what? Let's make the world's strongest Pokémon!"
    Shokotan: "And then, in Extremespeed Genesect: The Awakening of Mewtwo, we meet another Mewtwo!"
    Yuyama: "Yes, I thought it'd be better if it was a different Mewtwo."
    Good for you Yuyama. Too bad you've singlehandedly torpedoed any lingering respect I and anyone else had for you.

  20. #3020
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    1960s-style London police box
    Posts
    11,344

    Default

    I have really no clue why all other canon's of Mewtwo's origins involve TR except for the game itself
    3DS code:1048-8163-5480
    "I already told you, I don't mind playing the bad guy every once in a while."~ Sonic the Hedgehog

  21. #3021

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Joltik-Kid View Post
    I have really no clue why all other canon's of Mewtwo's origins involve TR except for the game itself
    Presumably they were following the anime's lead, just like the PMD bit about Lugia was.

  22. #3022
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    866

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Spin Attaxx View Post
    The guys at Cinnabar Mansion did create Mewtwo in the games, but Team Rocket had no part in it. And there wasn't any intention of bringing a dead girl back to life, they just made Mewtwo because someone said "You know what? Let's make the world's strongest Pokémon!"
    There is no way to tell what the game background behind Mewtwo's creation is. The mere fact that Dr. Fuji became Mr. Fuji implies that the story is a lot more involved than what you're suggesting.

  23. #3023

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kein View Post
    There is no way to tell what the game background behind Mewtwo's creation is. The mere fact that Dr. Fuji became Mr. Fuji implies that the story is a lot more involved than what you're suggesting.
    Read the journals in Cinnabar Mansion. They describe Mewtwo's backstory pretty well (even saying that Mewtwo was born like real clones, not grown independently). And if Mewtwo was always meant to have been made by Team Rocket, then why haven't the games mentioned it by now? Even Genesect had Team Plasma mentioned in it's Pokédex entry, so why would Game Freak leave out what's a pretty important detail?
    Shokotan: "And then, in Extremespeed Genesect: The Awakening of Mewtwo, we meet another Mewtwo!"
    Yuyama: "Yes, I thought it'd be better if it was a different Mewtwo."
    Good for you Yuyama. Too bad you've singlehandedly torpedoed any lingering respect I and anyone else had for you.

  24. #3024
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    866

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Spin Attaxx View Post
    Read the journals in Cinnabar Mansion. They describe Mewtwo's backstory pretty well (even saying that Mewtwo was born like real clones, not grown independently). And if Mewtwo was always meant to have been made by Team Rocket, then why haven't the games mentioned it?
    You misunderstood me. I don't think that Team Rocket had anything to do with Mewtwo in the games, but your claim that the in-game Dr. Fuji just randomly created Mewtwo has no factual support. I'm aware of the in-game quotes (not just the one from the journal), and they hint at a deeper story.

  25. #3025
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Tokyo, Japan
    Posts
    2,520

    Default

    Revolutionary! There was actually so much spam in this thread that it gave birth to a separate topic: http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthr...read-alone-plz

    Run for your lives.

    tumblr - livejournal

Page 121 of 247 FirstFirst ... 2171111117118119120121122123124125131171221 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •