Page 165 of 247 FirstFirst ... 65115155161162163164165166167168169175215 ... LastLast
Results 4,101 to 4,125 of 6162

Thread: Movie 16 - ExtremeSpeed Genesect & The Awakening of Mewtwo - FIRST DETAILS

As much as I hate to admit it, the writers can easily pull off the creation of another Mewtwo by simply stating another group of scientists either found the research or decided to clone Mew themselves, with a quick flashback to the events or even prologue to the movie.

We can't act like it's impossible, however terrible the idea may be.

Quote Originally Posted by Haunter227 View Post
    As much as I hate to admit it, the writers can easily pull off the creation of another Mewtwo by simply stating another group of scientists either found the research or decided to clone Mew themselves, with a quick flashback to the events or even prologue to the movie.

I don't think it could be a different one. Ash calls out mewtwo's name and he looks back at him, implying he knows it's Ash already.
    My first shiny ever caught!

Named Admiral Sentret

Sure, the idea of cloning Mew is believable. Okay.

How would they know the exact enhancements to make another Mewtwo and not something else?

It's impossible.

(Banner by Matori)
    Beyond all ideals, the truth shall set you free...
    Most Recent: 18: Winter of Discontent
    Next: The Weight of the World (Part 1)

The steps on the road to the truth.
    The Firestorm Rebellion
    The Victory Star of Fate

Glacidia Network - The Home for Fanworks
    Best Wishes appreciation blog

Quote Originally Posted by The Great Butler View Post
    Sure, the idea of cloning Mew is believable. Okay.

How would they know the exact enhancements to make another Mewtwo and not something else?

It's impossible.
    It's an anime. They can create whatever story they need. Like one of the scientists somehow surviving by jumping in the water and taking the data. Then later goes on the villainous team in PokéFrance and they make another clone.

It's impossible.
    Everything Taidow said is true.

For all we know, cloning Mew could be impossible. Everytime an attempt is made, Mewtwo turns out to be the end result no matter how many times they try.

Everything Taidow said is true.
    The first movie shows quite clearly that no survivors were left on that island. Giovanni might still have data regarding it, but the idea of Team Rocket making another one and screwing it up in exactly the same way again is absurd.

For all we know, cloning Mew could be impossible. Everytime an attempt is made, Mewtwo turns out to be the end result no matter how many times they try.
    Except it was clearly established that cloning Mew was perfectly possible, just not good enough for what Giovanni wanted. It was Fuji trying things that ultimately produced Mewtwo, so whoever created a second Mewtwo would have to know and duplicate the exact same adjustments.

(Banner by Matori)

The Firestorm Rebellion
    The Victory Star of Fate

The first movie shows quite clearly that no survivors were left on that island. Giovanni might still have data regarding it, but the idea of Team Rocket making another one and screwing it up in exactly the same way again is absurd..
    Who says that Team Rocket would make the second one?

Let's face it... if the VA never changed, we wouldn't be discussing it >.>
    3DS code:1048-8163-5480
    Why exactly can't Ash get this little guy?
    "I already told you, I don't mind playing the bad guy every once in a while."~ Sonic the Hedgehog

Quote Originally Posted by Joltik-Kid View Post
    Let's face it... if the VA never changed, we wouldn't be discussing it >.>
    Possibly. But according to what was translated in the manga, Mewtwo's backstory is different, and he apparently is pretty cold towards Ash despite their (admittedly) lukewarm farewell. It would've been brought up at some point anyway.

And really, if there was a survivor from the team of scientists that created Mewtwo, we would've known. The writers could've left clues in the first movie or even Mewtwo Returns that would've pointed to a surviving scientist. I'd like to think that Giovanni was smart enough to keep a back-up somewhere since he kept in contact with Fuji (at least in the CD drama), so perhaps he did have a group of scientists on hand somewhere, but then he forgot why when Mewtwo erased his memories, possibly even forgetting all about the scientists. But even then we would've gotten mention of it. Sure, Domino said "it would take years to clone it again", but that didn't automatically mean Giovanni had scientists waiting back at the base or elsewhere for his go-ahead. Now we have Dr. Zager, but there's no proof that he has knowledge to the Mewtwo project. He's probably worked for Team Rocket for years, but I don't think we're given even an estimate.
    Winner of Best Pokémon/Pokémon Fic of 2013 in the Shipping Oscars
    Current Chapter: Chapter Ten - 3/17/14 / Current: Requiem I - 11/17/14 - Chapter 21 progress: 66%
    I survived Pupa.

Quote Originally Posted by _Taidow_ View Post
    Who says that Team Rocket would make the second one?
    They're the only ones who could conceivably have any way to know how to duplicate the process of creating a Mewtwo instead of creating something else. The difficulty of creating another Mewtwo even for them is implicit in one of Domino's lines, when she tells Giovanni that cloning another Mewtwo "would take years" if the original one died on Mt. Quena - that line also either implies that they still have enough data to recreate him in the first place, or they don't have the data and it proves just how hard it would be to figure out the right set of genetic triggers to recreate Mewtwo.

On another note, I'm willing to wager that the manga has omitted a meaningful part of the story's prologue. Momota Inoue did it last year when she left out all of Keldeo's training, started the story with it confronting Kyurem, and moved all mention of the training to the middle of the story, and I suspect that the actual film this year will either contain the Genesect escaping from Team Plasma or a scene explicitly linking Mewtwo to the past, such as another "I am Mewtwo" monologue.

(Banner by Matori)

The Firestorm Rebellion
    The Victory Star of Fate

I just don't see how some random scientists would be able to make another Mewtwo. I mean all of Team Rocket's experimentation data was destroyed when Mewtwo blew up the island where he was made meaning that any other scientists would have to try from scratch in order to make another one of him. But without the actual blueprints for Mewtwo, they wouldn't be able to duplicate it; they'd just make some completely new Mew clone. However, I bet we'll be expected to go along with all the plot holes anyway.

Default Extremespeed Genesect

Cant wait for the movie to come out asnd casnt wait for generation six.

iris is sooo cute <3

So now that we've seen DA!'s opening, what do you think the chances are of Mewtwo showing up in the regular anime? He's been in openings before and never shown up so it's kind of hard to judge.
    To right the countless wrongs of our day, we shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise. What a wonderful world such would be...

I'm getting Orange Islands vibe all over that opening and ending... the Basculin submarine just cemented it for me.

I can't see Mewtwo showing up in the anime in Da! (I don't remember, was it confirmed the movie's taking place prior to Da!, or during?). Just because you see Legendaries in the anime opening doesn't always mean they'll show up during that season. Though considering that only Jirachi and Mewtwo appeared in the opening, it's apparent that they may have significance--Jirachi was confirmed to show up for... whatever reason, after all.

The last time Mewtwo was in the regular anime was years ago during the Indigo League season, and they were short cameos anyway. Unless of course you count Mewtwo Returns as being anime-canon, since it was just an episode that was an hour-long. So the chances for even a hint of Mewtwo in the anime at this point in time are very miniscule at best. I'm just more surprised that Genesect wasn't implied in the opening--yet Dr. Zager, despite haven't showed up in the anime for a while after Team Rocket briefly retreated, was in the ending credits. So... it'll be interesting to see what goes on.
    Winner of Best Pokémon/Pokémon Fic of 2013 in the Shipping Oscars
    Current Chapter: Chapter Ten - 3/17/14 / Current: Requiem I - 11/17/14 - Chapter 21 progress: 66%
    I survived Pupa.

Actually, did Mastermind of Mirage Pokemon take place when the opening with Mewtwo in the city was still on? He was in the Kanto opening for good reason (M1 foreshadowing), he was in a opening in Johto (Mewtwo returns), and if I'm right he was in a opening for hoenn (I know it's not the same Mewtwo but he was referenced in Mastermind). So maybe he will show up in some shape or form.
    To right the countless wrongs of our day, we shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise. What a wonderful world such would be...

Mewtwo was also shown in the Johto Journies opening but had no appearance there.

This opening is different. It's clearly showing all the major events that are going to happen in some way, just like the last one did (and before you bring them up, Ash VS. Cheren still happened, and Charizard helped Ash at the White Ruins, however briefly.) It showed multiple things we knew about already, like Jirachi and Clair with the Shiny Druddigon, so it is reasonable to assume the unknowns that appeared, such as the Striaton Brothers and Mewtwo, will also happen.

(Banner by Matori)

The Firestorm Rebellion
    The Victory Star of Fate

Wait!! Pikachu is crying in the movie...that's mean Ash is getting stoned again!!

Quote Originally Posted by spikyearedpichu View Post
    Wait!! Pikachu is crying in the movie...that's mean Ash is getting stoned again!!
    You do know Pikachu cries in EVERY movie trailer, right?

(Banner by Matori)

The Firestorm Rebellion
    The Victory Star of Fate

Hey I have a question. Anyone who's seen the first episode of pokemon that FINALLY introduces N and Team Plasma, doesn't anyone else think that the BEGINNING of the episode looks a semi-prequel hint to the new Genesect movie? I mean come on, a destroyed labortory, with the proper number of broken tanks that used to contain the Genesects like in te movie, and even a computer consel that has a 3D display screen with info on Genesect on it that shows up when N examines the computer. If that doesn't scream prequel.
    My 3DS Friend Code #: Angel Skye - 0533-5949-4272
    if you want to ad me please PM me with your own Friend Code so I may ad you to my own 3DS. Plus can someone please tell me what kind of pokemon are showing up when you visit my Friend Safari zone in your game.

This trainer card was created for me by: Emerald Latias

If anyone is interested in reading any stories I've written, please click one of the trainer cards to be directed to where my stories are located, and please leave a review for whatever story read.

We pretty much figured all that out for ourselves months ago.
    Shokotan: "And then, in Extremespeed Genesect: The Awakening of Mewtwo, we meet another Mewtwo!"
    Yuyama: "Yes, I thought it'd be better if it was a different Mewtwo."
    Good for you Yuyama. Too bad you've singlehandedly torpedoed any lingering respect I and anyone else had for you.

We get more Genesect prequel hints some episodes in, as well. I forget exactly when.

98% of the teenage population has died smoking pot. If you're one of the 2% who hasn't, copy & paste this in your signature.
    Good old natural selection...

To be more specific, in the ep when Colress controls Meowth, a Grunt tells Ghetsis that Project G's whereabouts are unknown.

And then in the ep with Patrat, a flashback shows the army destroying a building.
    Last edited by Spin Attaxx; 27th April 2013 at 8:20 PM.
    Shokotan: "And then, in Extremespeed Genesect: The Awakening of Mewtwo, we meet another Mewtwo!"
    Yuyama: "Yes, I thought it'd be better if it was a different Mewtwo."
    Good for you Yuyama. Too bad you've singlehandedly torpedoed any lingering respect I and anyone else had for you.

Shoot! Other than the time they introduced Mewtwo to the series, this has to be the SECOND time in Pokemon TV series that has a direct tie in with one of the movies. *lol* too bad we don't get to see MORE of what the Genesects were up to before they meet Ash and the gang and before their battle with Mewtwo in the movie. Do the TV episodes actually show Ash and the others personally encountering the Genesect gang or meet any good people who encountered them before the events in the movie?
    My 3DS Friend Code #: Angel Skye - 0533-5949-4272
    if you want to ad me please PM me with your own Friend Code so I may ad you to my own 3DS. Plus can someone please tell me what kind of pokemon are showing up when you visit my Friend Safari zone in your game.

This trainer card was created for me by: Emerald Latias

If anyone is interested in reading any stories I've written, please click one of the trainer cards to be directed to where my stories are located, and please leave a review for whatever story read.

Page 165 of 247 FirstFirst ... 65115155161162163164165166167168169175215 ... LastLast