Page 168 of 247 FirstFirst ... 68118158164165166167168169170171172178218 ... LastLast
Results 4,176 to 4,200 of 6162

Thread: Movie 16 - ExtremeSpeed Genesect & The Awakening of Mewtwo - FIRST DETAILS

Quote Originally Posted by Dracoflare View Post
    It's not the voice. I mean if people are still not used to the new voices, something is wrong with them. I am speaking about the dialogues and stuff like opening. The opening videos are horrible, and every title song since Sinnoh League Victors sound the same to me.
    Some voices are better than others to say the least from my side on that front...well, I like all the voices in BW. That much I'll admit is true for me.

Prior to that, watching a re-run or dubbed episode online from Seasons 9-13 again is just painful for me...I don't think I'll ever get used to some of them, mainly due to how different the characters sound as opposed to how bad or good these voices are, though. I can't lie when I have to say the 4Kids voice actors for Ash etc. still are much better to me.

The openings/intros, dub BGM, dialogue, and scripts for TRio and Ash (until BW) are a lot different from what they used to be. The differences really are stark when you compare the two dubs.

Quote Originally Posted by yuoke View Post
    I'm fine with people that really liked 4kids dubbing minus the things like edits and banned epiosdes, but I don't get the argument that they are so much better than tpci overall other than maybe battle frontier with voicing. Then again, I don't think the VA was that great for a good amount of season 1. A lot of people might just have a nostalgic view and just don't like Sara's voice of ash for that reason.
    A lot of the problem I had with TPCi's voices for a long time stems from three things:

1) they don't fit the age of the characters they are playing as well to me
    2) they sound too old and too deep-- this was the most jarring part of the change for me
    3) the acting sounds very stilted and forced and times-- not natural

But yeah, I've found I liked a lot of things about 4Kids besides the voices (though arguably that is the greatest difference between the two to me-- I maybe used to the current ones (they're okay), but I always find myself going back to the older ones-- they really are that great to me).

Season 1 definitely had my least favorite voices in 4Kids (I won't lie, some of the voices were definitely too forced), while Seasons 10-11 had my least favorite
    voices in TPCi (they just don't fit to me at all here).

Quote Originally Posted by Kutie Pie View Post
    Agreed. Despite the edits as previously mentioned, and taking out signs of Japanese culture (for the most part), 4KIDS really did take good care of Pokémon, so I personally believe Pokémon is one of their better dubs, especially when it came to the movies (the first one is a "maybe" at best, though). They were in the right direction when it came with Pokémon, and it's such a shame that they didn't keep the consistency with the other shows, because 4KIDS really did have potential to be a great dubbing company.

I can tell they really wanted to try and make the other anime they dubbed more kid-friendly than they really were, but a lot of the shows sadly suffered because of it (e.g. Tokyo Mew Mew, One Piece). Strangely enough, Shaman King was left untouched for the most part. Still, despite all they did, I can kinda respect them for what they wanted to do. They were directly involved with the Pokémon craze and saw the potential in anime, so at least they had the right idea, they were just not that good at it in some places.

Still, Alfred Kahn believed kids were stupid, and was a greedy bastard who jumped ship to leave the company for dead. So...
    Al Kahn was the worst...grr. Personally, I don't hate or like 4Kids for the most part (though when it comes to Pokemon, I'll definitely defend them, since I can't help but miss them sometimes-- even with the edits, they showed they could do a great job here). Honestly I really do like their dub more than TPCi's, even with the edits, they had a lot more fun with it and the voices fit the characters so much better to me.

The 1st movie dub wasn't good by 4Kids, at all. That was without a doubt the worst dubbed movie they've done for Pokemon. Others, however, were generally pretty good.

Overall, though, 4Kids was OK in my book. They had their good dubs (Pokemon; Ultimate Muscle; Shaman King), their average dubs (original YGO-- I'd put it in good, but some people hate it for the somewhat severe editing), and their flops (the rest, ESPECIALLY One Piece-- my god-- though their YGO GX/5D's dubs were tolerable, IMO).
    Last edited by Dwail8023; 6th May 2013 at 4:28 AM.
    "If Pikachu becomes a Raichu, I might be able to win that badge. On the other hand, to make it evolve just to fight...I would be just like Surge...Pikachu, what do you want to do? I really wanna beat that Surge, but I also don't want to force you to evolve if you'd be happier staying the way you are now." -- OS Ash, ESS

Opinions About:
    1. The Anime: OS > AG > BW > DP > XY
    2. The English Dub: 4Kids Entertainment (Seasons 1-8) > The Pokemon Company International (Seasons 9-17)
    3. The Games: XY > BW > RSE > GSC > Y > HGSS > DP > RBG
    4. Pokemon: The Origin: Excellent: 94.7/100.
    5. The Movies: OS > AG > XY (Prediction) > DP = BW
    6. Team Rocket: http://ultraericthered.tumblr.com/po...d-off-for-good

Veronica's Ash voice was actually really off-sounding in the first 20 or so Kanto episodes. Even then her voice for Ash changes dramatically over the span Kanto was originally airing.

Quote Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
    Veronica's Ash voice was actually really off-sounding in the first 20 or so Kanto episodes. Even then her voice for Ash changes dramatically over the span Kanto was originally airing.
    It's understandable that it'd sound off in the beginning though. She had to get used to it and adjusted it over time. Rica Matsumoto's Ash was also quite different in the beginning. Although in her case it just deepened over time which makes sense, not taking Ash not actually aging into account.
    Might as well link my Deviantart gallery, I mainly do Pokemon related stuff, maybe something'll catch your interest.:] http://rohanite.deviantart.com/gallery/

This is Turtwig, he was the most under appreciated starter in Diamond & Pearl. If you picked Turtwig as your starter, put this in your sig. Started by Dax-360

Off the topic of Mewtwo's voice change It became camp or 'switched his wahoo!

Am I the only one who sees potential for a Gen VI Pokemon to appear In-Movie? I don't mean the Short, I mean the Movie itself.

There's that giant Cocoon/Hive. It seems to serve a big purpose. In the first trailer and those manga screenshots, it looks like it's Genesect's hive, right? Unless the Genesect enjoy destroying their own home (The New Trailer!), I think it'll have something to do with a new Pokemon.

A New Bug-Type Legend? Kinda Like a Regigigas (Even though he was in that gen!), appearing near the end and helping, or just a hive filled with some bug-types (old or new!)

Anyway, I hope that the film has a solid plot. I mean reasons for Mewtwo's forme, e.t.c.

Also, I wonder if Iris' hair is gonna be weird again. What's with Iris' hair in the movie?

If a Gen VI mon does appear, it's very likely going to be a minor role and nothing else.

And who said Genesect was destroying their own hive? It's likely the gang/Mewtwo/Douse Drive Genesect.

And Iris's hair is always off in the movies.
    Shokotan: "And then, in Extremespeed Genesect: The Awakening of Mewtwo, we meet another Mewtwo!"
    Yuyama: "Yes, I thought it'd be better if it was a different Mewtwo."
    Good for you Yuyama. Too bad you've singlehandedly torpedoed any lingering respect I and anyone else had for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Spin Attaxx View Post
    If a Gen VI mon does appear, it's very likely going to be a minor role and nothing else.

And who said Genesect was destroying their own hive? It's likely the gang/Mewtwo/Douse Drive Genesect.

And Iris's hair is always off in the movies.
    Off? It's good.

Quote Originally Posted by EmphaticPikachu
    DRACO NO STOP. DRACO DOWN. DRACO NO FLIRTING WITH ME.
    Fanfics on SPPF: Hikari...Shinji...Satoshi!
    FF.Net profile: Here!!

MAI TUMBLR

Quote Originally Posted by Dracoflare View Post
    Off? It's good.
    I agree. In addition they add lighter purple spike-shaped highlights around the edges of her hair in the films, and it actually looks a bit better in my opinion.

Example:
    Anime - http://i.imgur.com/ufA5XbS.jpg
    Films - http://i.imgur.com/EoyVxN5.jpg

However at times during the Kyurem film, her whole face would be off model. Hopefully they can get that nailed down for this one.

Just contacted Dan Green, and he says he hasn't completely retired from pokemon anyway, he did record Galvantula recently, so it's likely that he still could do Mewtwo's voice. i hear that the kids are doing very well, which is awesome.
    also here's hoping for a returning 4kids VA like Andrew Rannells for Eric in this movie.
    Genesect, deoxys, mew, elgyem, beheeyem, i will find yall and you will all be my friends.

Quote Originally Posted by Christian Woods View Post
    Just contacted Dan Green, and he says he hasn't completely retired from pokemon anyway, he did record Galvantula recently, so it's likely that he still could do Mewtwo's voice. i hear that the kids are doing very well, which is awesome.
    also here's hoping for a returning 4kids VA like Andrew Rannells for Eric in this movie.
    Dan green the best 4kids VA ever!

Thanks to Skiyomi

My 3DS Friend Code is: 4141-3174-0404

Friend Safari is Dragons (Noibat, Sliggoo,Fraxure)

Devoted Pearlshipper and as such I have released Chapter 3 of my new fic :
    https://www.fanfiction.net/s/9948785...-of-the-tunnel

New movie information in Pokemon Smash this week (voice actors) but also next week, and the latter has info on XY.

can't wait to hear about both. man i wish i could understand japanese, and i wish i wasn't bilnd so i could read the subs. god damn it eyes, why why why?
    Genesect, deoxys, mew, elgyem, beheeyem, i will find yall and you will all be my friends.

So if this new rumor is true....Mewtwo will reveal another form in the movie!!

Quote Originally Posted by spikyearedpichu View Post
    So if this new rumor is true....Mewtwo will reveal another form in the movie!!
    what rumor. post a source

Quote Originally Posted by AceDetective View Post
    what rumor. post a source
    You know the rumor posted on the other poke-website, the one reveal after smash premiere!!

Yeah, I'm going to flat out call bull on that.

For one thing, how would duel type moves even work? Imagine a Ghost/Normal move, and you use it on a Ghost. Is the Ghost immune to it? Is it super effective?

And the "X" in "Mewtwo X" is most likely meant to have the same meaning the "X" in "Pokémon X" had when Lugia was first revealed. Plus you'd think if Mewtwo had another form, they'd shown it by now.

And the whole Fairy type thing has always struck me as just fans over-speculating on Sylveon's type.
    Shokotan: "And then, in Extremespeed Genesect: The Awakening of Mewtwo, we meet another Mewtwo!"
    Good for you Yuyama. Too bad you've singlehandedly torpedoed any lingering respect I and anyone else had for you.

I would guess immunities is a zero multiplier, aka it beats everything.

What's more, duel type moves would significantly complicate the battle formula, and it isn't something Game Freak can sweep under the rug like with EVs.

If I have a hard time wrapping my head around it, how can a 5 year old?

The 'two new Mewtwo formes' thing was proven fake over a month ago. Please do some research before posting outlandish rumors.

(Banner by Matori)
    Beyond all ideals, the truth shall set you free...
    Most Recent: 14: Goldenrod City Under Siege (Part 1)
    Next: Goldenrod City Under Siege (Part 2)

The steps on the road to the truth.
    The Firestorm Rebellion
    The Victory Star of Fate

Glacidia Network - The Home for Fanworks
    Best Wishes appreciation blog

Spoiler:- images:
    Last edited by playerking; 13th May 2013 at 8:40 AM.

Bonnie: Hey, Clauncher, could you do me a favour and marry my brother?
    Clauncher: What? I can understand the old man's senility, but this is just annoying.

Bonnie: Come on, Dedenne! I want that Gym Badge!
    Clauncher: If only this wasn't a kids show.
    3DS FC: 1891 1376 6990. Add me. Wii U Nintendo Network ID: Playerking.

Newtwo kicking butt. Mewtwo saving Pokemon. Sabeleye traveling with Ash and friends and being generally cute hiding behind Ash. Yep, I think I'm gonna like this movie.
    To right the countless wrongs of our day, we shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise. What a wonderful world such would be...

So Genesect will be using Blaze Kick.

You'd think it'd melt from using that, but whatever.

SO what move is Mewtwo's new form using when multiple copys of himself appear. Is it Double team, the way manga shows something moving really quickly, or something else?

Edit: And it looks like Sableye is afraid of Douse Genesect.
    To right the countless wrongs of our day, we shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise. What a wonderful world such would be...

Quote Originally Posted by lolipiece View Post
    So Genesect will be using Blaze Kick.

You'd think it'd melt from using that, but whatever.
    I've always wondered how gyarados can use thunderbolt.

Quote Originally Posted by playerking View Post
        Spoiler:- images:
    Could the manga scans be posted in a manner where I don't have to contort myself or the laptop in abnormal postitons?

In other words, upside up, not upside down?

Quote Originally Posted by Spin Attaxx View Post
    Could the manga scans be posted in a manner where I don't have to contort myself or the laptop in abnormal postitons?

In other words, upside up, not upside down?
    Haha, you made me laugh with that first sentence, by imagining you doing that.

Anyway, yeah, I rotated all that I could, the second to last one and the one before I couldn't rotate.

Bonnie: Hey, Clauncher, could you do me a favour and marry my brother?
    Clauncher: What? I can understand the old man's senility, but this is just annoying.

Bonnie: Come on, Dedenne! I want that Gym Badge!
    Clauncher: If only this wasn't a kids show.
    3DS FC: 1891 1376 6990. Add me. Wii U Nintendo Network ID: Playerking.

Page 168 of 247 FirstFirst ... 68118158164165166167168169170171172178218 ... LastLast