Page 190 of 247 FirstFirst ... 90140180186187188189190191192193194200240 ... LastLast
Results 4,726 to 4,750 of 6162

Thread: Movie 16 - ExtremeSpeed Genesect & The Awakening of Mewtwo - FIRST DETAILS

Quote Originally Posted by Kutie Pie View Post
    he(?)
    Momota Inoue is a woman.

Then again, how do we know the mangaka didn't just decide to save everyone the trouble and tried hard to make sure this was the Mewtwo we know? I'm sure he(?) got the script to do the manga, so if we're lucky he didn't like this was going to be a new Mewtwo, and did everything he could to make Mewtwo in the manga the Mewtwo.
    But the manga makes it pretty clear this is a different Mewtwo.
    And yes, she has the script, storyboards, everything. The Keldeo movie adaptation is often word-for-word identical to the movie, and only has a very tiny amount of clear differences. It was very clearly made by someone who knew pretty exact what the movie was like.

Quote Originally Posted by Dephender View Post
    Momota Inoue is a woman.
    Ah, okay then. That's cool.

But the manga makes it pretty clear this is a different Mewtwo.
    And yes, she has the script, storyboards, everything. The Keldeo movie adaptation is often word-for-word identical to the movie, and only has a very tiny amount of clear differences. It was very clearly made by someone who knew pretty exact what the movie was like.
    Well crap. The artwork's so pretty too, but now that we basically get it whacked over the heads again it's a different Mewtwo... I can always just get images from the manga and just look at them, because it was the artwork that got my attention the most anyway. Might as well admire that.

*kicks writers in shins*

The prologue's not getting a manga chapter, I take it?
    Winner of Best Pokémon/Pokémon Fic of 2013 in the Shipping Oscars
    Current Chapter: Chapter Ten - 3/17/14 / Current: Requiem I - 11/17/14 - Chapter 21 progress: 66%
    I survived Pupa.

They really screwed up something so simple....I can't believe this s*** got the green light to be produced
    3DS code:1048-8163-5480
    Why exactly can't Ash get this little guy?
    "I already told you, I don't mind playing the bad guy every once in a while."~ Sonic the Hedgehog

Quote Originally Posted by Joltik-Kid View Post
    They really screwed up something so simple....I can't believe this s*** got the green light to be produced
    More blatant advertising and not caring about the show.
    "Okay we have to show off Genesect and Mewtwo's new form to get everyone excited"

"But the last time we saw Mewtwo was in Johto. How can we explain that?"

"I'll get back to you on that after I adjust Ash's Charizard's moveset for his return"

Platinum FC: 2924 5508 7388

HeartGold FC: 5372 2982 5997

White 1 FC: 3396 3135 0386

Outside of red Genesect, I still have no idea why this new Mewtwo isn't green.

I mean where's the logic of creating another Mewtwo, but not have it be green?
    Misinterpreting my posts is not your fault, negative repping me, and getting very sensitive about my posts because you misinterpreted my posts however is your fault. Think really hard, before negative repping or making a big deal about my posts. I don't appreciate being negative repped for reasons that are a result of misinterpreting my posts.

Quote Originally Posted by dman_dustin View Post
    Outside of red Genesect, I still have no idea why this new Mewtwo isn't green.

I mean where's the logic of creating another Mewtwo, but not have it be green?
    Logic? What's logic? Pretty sure the writers threw that word out years ago
    "I already told you, I don't mind playing the bad guy every once in a while."~ Sonic the Hedgehog

More like why is it logic that shiny Mewtwo should appear here? one shiny is enough...

Yeah, the non-shininess is really my only complaint. They had nothing to lose but oh well.

Quote Originally Posted by Pepsi_Plunge View Post
    More like why is it logic that shiny Mewtwo should appear here? one shiny is enough...
    It's the rule of cool. Shiny vs Shiny. You don't need logic when this could've happened.
    To right the countless wrongs of our day, we shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise. What a wonderful world such would be...

Quote Originally Posted by diakyu View Post
    Yeah, the non-shininess is really my only complaint. They had nothing to lose but oh well.

It's the rule of cool. Shiny vs Shiny. You don't need logic when this could've happened.
    People are saying its logic, thats why I'm arguing.

I don't like Shiny Mewtwo anyway, Shiny Genesect is cooler.

Because, shiny Mewtwo is already impossible yet it somehow exists in game, which means we are led to believe that in alternate universe, Mewtwo was green.

If the anime was going to create A NEW Mewtwo, than the logical choice would have it be green, so it can clearly stand out from the original Mewtwo.

And no I don't buy its new forme, being it standing out against the old one.
    Misinterpreting my posts is not your fault, negative repping me, and getting very sensitive about my posts because you misinterpreted my posts however is your fault. Think really hard, before negative repping or making a big deal about my posts. I don't appreciate being negative repped for reasons that are a result of misinterpreting my posts.

So we get the message that it's a different Mewtwo then getting our hopes up for nothing

They could do that but its not needed, if they are telling us its a diferent one thats enough, I just mean that its not "obvious" that a shint one should be used.
    Last edited by Pepsi_Plunge; 4th July 2013 at 7:32 AM.

Shiny Mewtwo vs. Shiny Genesect would've been pretty cool, especially since they would've been complimentary colors, which would've gone for some interesting symbolism. Wonder if this had ever crossed the writers' minds in the least, and if it did, why did they decide against it?
    Winner of Best Pokémon/Pokémon Fic of 2013 in the Shipping Oscars
    Current Chapter: Chapter Ten - 3/17/14 / Current: Requiem I - 11/17/14 - Chapter 21 progress: 66%
    I survived Pupa.

Shiny Mewtwo vs. Shiny Genesect would've been pretty cool, especially since they would've been complimentary colors, which would've gone for some interesting symbolism. Wonder if this had ever crossed the writers' minds in the least, and if it did, why did they decide against it?
    Probably because Mewtwo is much more recognizable in his normal colors. But then again there isn't much different between the two besides the tails and a lighter shade of grey on the shiny.
    To right the countless wrongs of our day, we shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise. What a wonderful world such would be...

They could do that but its not needed, if they are telling us its a diferent one thats enough, I just mean that its not "obvious" that a shint one should be used.
    It only took them (more so a source before the manga confirmation) telling us it was a different Mewtwo. Here we all believed it was the same one we've known since we were kids (I assume; I was)

Imo, the reason why this Mewtwo wasn't made Shiny is because the movie writers were hoping to trick fans into seeing the movie under the impression that they were going to see the classic Mewtwo in action. I bet most fans wouldn't have bothered buying movie tickets if they knew ahead of time that the classic Mewtwo had been replaced by a new one.

Quote Originally Posted by Charmed View Post
    Imo, the reason why this Mewtwo wasn't made Shiny is because the movie writers were hoping to trick fans into seeing the movie under the impression that they were going to see the classic Mewtwo in action. I bet most fans wouldn't have bothered buying movie tickets if they knew ahead of time that the classic Mewtwo had been replaced by a new one.
    I kinda agree with this, their version is probably, they wanted to keep us guessing, not they used the other Mewtwo fame to promote the movie.

I'm almost beginning to wonder if Mewtwo Q isn't meant to actually be a retconned version of the real Mewtwo... I mean, its story is literally the exact same thing as the real Mewtwo's, just with everything that even slightly involved Team Rocket removed. Everything else is exactly the same.

(Banner by Matori)
    Beyond all ideals, the truth shall set you free...
    Most Recent: 17: The Bard and the Diva
    Next: Winter of Discontent

The steps on the road to the truth.
    The Firestorm Rebellion
    The Victory Star of Fate

Glacidia Network - The Home for Fanworks
    Best Wishes appreciation blog

Quote Originally Posted by The Great Butler View Post
    I'm almost beginning to wonder if Mewtwo Q isn't meant to actually be a retconned version of the real Mewtwo... I mean, its story is literally the exact same thing as the real Mewtwo's, just with everything that even slightly involved Team Rocket removed. Everything else is exactly the same.
    No, Ash instantly recognized Mewtwo as soon as he saw it. It's a second Mewtwo, that's all.

Quote Originally Posted by NegaiFreak View Post
    Oh, and here's an extra clip. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y2CqIFqbvIQ Enjoy Mewtwo and all the Genesect fighting!
    That's definitely not the same Mewtwo, you can tell by how it is fighting. The Mewtwo we've got used to would of demolished that Genesect in seconds, it doesn't look all big of a deal to me.
    [IMG]http://i28.*******.com/2hgad5k.jpg[/IMG]

Quote Originally Posted by Kotone View Post
    That's definitely not the same Mewtwo, you can tell by how it is fighting. The Mewtwo we've got used to would of demolished that Genesect in seconds, it doesn't look all big of a deal to me.
    Haha why? we play the games, we know Mewtwo isn't the strongest pokemon in the world, plus yes it has higher base stats but Genesect has type advatange.

This is false, even Old Mewtwo will have an incredible hard time stopping 5 Genesects, one of which is faster than itself. Genesect is strong enough to withstand Mewtwo's psychic out bursts. Even the oldtwo will have a lot of trouble from Genesect. If Mew withstood against Mewtwo, then so will Genesect because both are ancient and both have the same game BST.

<--My tumblr
    Quote Originally Posted by EmphaticPikachu
    DRACO NO STOP. DRACO DOWN. DRACO NO FLIRTING WITH ME.
    Quote Originally Posted by Noodlerama

FF.Net profile: Here!!
    \

Haha why? we play the games, we know Mewtwo isn't the strongest pokemon in the world, plus yes it has higher base stats but Genesect has type advatange.
    Unless you Scarf or Sash your Genesect... Mewtwo solo's the Bug/Steel type quite easily with a Flamethrower/Fire Blast. Only one legend outspeed's Mewtwo, that's Deoxy's in it's Attack & Speed forme

Well it is battling multiple Legendary Pokemon, so it wouldn't be all that easy. :/

^ To everyone who quoted me.

1/ It's all fun and well when you guys go around saying not to mix game logic and the animé logic, yet all this type effectiveness, BSTs and all are being spoken off.
    2/ I was speaking about the link that the person I quoted posted. There is only the red Genesecft in it, not 5.
    3/ If you've watched the video, you'd know that the Mewtwo we know would never get hit in such an amateur way like that. If that is the best Genesect can do, our old Mewtwo would of taken it out in seconds.
    4/ Yeah, Mew managed to hold Mewtwo in a battle. They had to have someone challenge Mewtwo back then, and the closest Pokémon that could challenge Mewtwo was Mew (it being the original too.)
    5/ On top of that Mewtwo was relatively new and still in conflict with him self.
    [IMG]http://i28.*******.com/2hgad5k.jpg[/IMG]

Page 190 of 247 FirstFirst ... 90140180186187188189190191192193194200240 ... LastLast