Page 236 of 247 FirstFirst ... 136186226232233234235236237238239240246 ... LastLast
Results 5,876 to 5,900 of 6162

Thread: Movie 16 - ExtremeSpeed Genesect & The Awakening of Mewtwo - FIRST DETAILS

  1. #5876

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ConUxie223 View Post
    @KutiePie: Mewtwo's story ended... Why would we need to see him with a new forme out of nowhere and see what he learned? No other former legendary has received such treatment :/ Heck, the Celebi from M4 ism true same as the one from M13 so why did we need to see the same Mewtwo when there was conclusion to his story? The newer audience didn't need to know what he's being up to because chances are they weren't born when the movie was first released. And frankly, IMO I don't care what Mewtwo now thinks about the world because he got enough monologue about his experiences at the end of both M1 and Mewtwo Returns... No need to bring back an already overrated legendary star and give him a new forme out of nowhere. At least a new Mewtwo being created makes sense and not giving the old one a new forme just to make him remotely relevant.
    Y'know I resent the implication that characters are meager things you throw away once you're done with them.

    What was wrong with giving Mewtwo a brand new story to work with? The elements are there - some time passing between MR and now, the conflict with Genesect, the new forme's existance - there are several ways you can use those elements to make a new tale to tell.

    And no, making another Mewtwo makes no sense - the previous two appearances of it established that you could not make a new one that's nigh exactly like the old one even if you don't even know the old one existed without pulling bullsh*t from thin air.
    Shokotan: "And then, in Extremespeed Genesect: The Awakening of Mewtwo, we meet another Mewtwo!"
    Yuyama: "Yes, I thought it'd be better if it was a different Mewtwo."
    Good for you Yuyama. Too bad you've singlehandedly torpedoed any lingering respect I and anyone else had for you.

  2. #5877
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    California, USA
    Posts
    14,660

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Charmed View Post
    It's a different Mewtwo, Robert. That's the reason why people have been arguing for the past month.



    I'm pretty sure Ash wasn't killed; it was implied that he was turned to stone, at least in the Japanese version and that's the only version that matters imo. And eek @ people complaining about the first Mewtwo's "whining." Seriously, he didn't whine. He was merely asking himself the all-important question: "Who am I?" It was part of his character to be honest.

    But anyway, when people say that this movie is on par with the DP movies, even though they say that positively, it sounds like shade to me lol. I personally found the DP movies to be overrated and just plain bad in comparison to earlier movies. Aside from the Zoroark one, I didn't really find any of them to be interesting so when people compare this movie to the Darkrai, Shaymin and Arceus movies, it sort of reminds me of how much I dislike them. So even if it's supposed to be praise, it sounds more like criticism. And I do believe this movie should be more criticized than praised. There are so many problems that should have been addressed but were merely glanced over. It's frustrating to think that this movie was semi-successful despite its flaws.
    Wtf?? Seriously writers what the **** is wrong with you?? How the hell is there even a new Mewtwo -_-...the writers need to rewatch the first movie.
    Proud claimer of Cyndaquil and Ezio Auditore from Assassin's Creed !!
    Also proud claimer of Assassin's Creed 2 the game!!
    Just became the proud claimer of the Marvel's Agent's of S.H.I.E.L.D. TV show ^_^!!!

  3. #5878
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Ship to Hoenn
    Posts
    46,526

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ConUxie223 View Post
    @KutiePie: Mewtwo's story ended... Why would we need to see him with a new forme out of nowhere and see what he learned? No other former legendary has received such treatment :/ Heck, the Celebi from M4 ism true same as the one from M13 so why did we need to see the same Mewtwo when there was conclusion to his story? The newer audience didn't need to know what he's being up to because chances are they weren't born when the movie was first released. And frankly, IMO I don't care what Mewtwo now thinks about the world because he got enough monologue about his experiences at the end of both M1 and Mewtwo Returns... No need to bring back an already overrated legendary star and give him a new forme out of nowhere. At least a new Mewtwo being created makes sense and not giving the old one a new forme just to make him remotely relevant.
    ...How does a new Mewtwo make even an iota of sense? We've been through this argument before ffs. There was no way anyone should have been able to replicate Mewtwo when all the data regarding his creation was destroyed by Mewtwo himself when he destroyed the lab. Even with genetic engineering there shouldn't have been a way for some random scientists to create an exact duplicate of Mewtwo with Mew's DNA, and that's exactly what they were: random scientists. The movie gave us no information about them, which only adds to the ridiculousness of the situation.

  4. #5879
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Walnut Creek
    Posts
    943

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Charmed View Post
    ...How does a new Mewtwo make even an iota of sense? We've been through this argument before ffs. There was no way anyone should have been able to replicate Mewtwo when all the data regarding his creation was destroyed by Mewtwo himself when he destroyed the lab. Even with genetic engineering there shouldn't have been a way for some random scientists to create an exact duplicate of Mewtwo with Mew's DNA, and that's exactly what they were: random scientists. The movie gave us no information about them, which only adds to the ridiculousness of the situation.
    Wait, wait, wait... So it makes no sense that some "random" scientist have been able to recreate a Mewtwo when the same can be said about the TR scientist? O_o What makes these scientist random exactly because we don't who they are? Because we don't know if their part of TR? I don't see anything random about people being able to learn information about the genetic engineering of a Pokemon based on DNA when there have been multiple facts that this is NOT the exact same Mewtwo by any means- it's more feminine, these particular scientist have equipped it with a new forme, and it has an entirely different personality than the original Mewtwo. Which means, this is NOT an exact Mewtwo replica it's another Mewtwo that was created by a different set of scientist who were just as successful as the TR scientist if not more successful because it has a new more efficient forme. Which wouldn't make sense for the old one because its genetics and abilities are definite and cannot be reversed, there is no way it could acquire a new forme as if its a natural born Pokemon. And this ridicoulousness that you speak of... Could it possibly be that your saying that TR had backstory because of Origins? Or could it be the CD story? Because other than that, we still have no information on them for real :/
    What happens when two diffrent people connect through an unlikely adventure?
    https://www.fanfiction.net/docs/edit.php?docid=29355246
    Pokemon-BW- Dare to live?

    So how many Pokemons are there?

    Silly Jack, the plural of Pokemon is Pokemon

    Quote Originally Posted by Street Comedy View Post
    Pokemon: Filler Adventures and Pokemon: Rise of the Penguin respectivley.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheFonz View Post
    Now that I think about it....that poster is a horrible advertisement
    Quote Originally Posted by Street Comedy View Post
    Wow, I'm just stating that I'm uncomfortable with one of the few decent pokemon on the train wreck that is Ash's Unova team getting shafted and you accuse me of impersonating an imposter?!

  5. #5880
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Philadelphia,PA,USA
    Posts
    1,992

    Default

    "Which means, this is NOT an exact Mewtwo replica it's another Mewtwo that was created by a different set of scientist who were just as successful as the TR scientist if not more successful because it has a new more efficient forme"

    This makes absolutely no sense at all. It's not a Mewtwo replica, just another Mewtwo? Wat?

    Efficient form? Wat?

    ConUxie your posts about Mewtwo don't make much sense and it seems like you don't understand Mewtwo's story, Mewtwo's impact, or what makes it special. Just because you think Mewtwo is overrated doesn't mean it's okay to break apart the canon




    Platinum FC: 2924 5508 7388

    HeartGold FC: 5372 2982 5997

    White 1 FC: 3396 3135 0386

  6. #5881
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Valley of the Sun
    Posts
    6,540

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ConUxie223 View Post
    Wait, wait, wait... So it makes no sense that some "random" scientist have been able to recreate a Mewtwo when the same can be said about the TR scientist? O_o
    Are you serious? The "random" scientists Giovanni hired had a motive behind them: recreate the most powerful Pokémon in existence--in this case, Mew--for Rocket Boss' purposes. They personally excavated for a Mew fossil themselves. They sent that Mew fossil to a laboratory where Dr. Fuji works at, and they slaved at it for at least a month, maybe more, to get the results they needed to make sure a Mew clone survived the process. Giovanni spared no expense making sure everything would be top-notch.

    What makes these scientist random exactly because we don't who they are? Because we don't know if their part of TR?
    Exactly that. There is no information whatsoever on who they were unlike the above scientists mentioned.

    I don't see anything random about people being able to learn information about the genetic engineering of a Pokemon based on DNA
    Are you implying that as long as someone (like say Ash) wants to learn how to genetically recreate a Pokémon, they can do it? Professional scientists made Mewtwo just like professional scientists made this one.

    these particular scientist have equipped it with a new forme
    How do we know they inserted a genetic code into the DNA strands to make it so this particular Mew clone could have access to a new forme? Yes, Mew has the ability to transform into any Pokémon it wants, but it doesn't necessarily mean it has access to a forme because who knows if that particular Mew had that gene. So if they did make a genetic code for such a thing, where did they get it from? They can't just make genetic code out of thin air.

    Which means, this is NOT an exact Mewtwo replica it's another Mewtwo that was created by a different set of scientist who were just as successful as the TR scientist if not more successful because it has a new more efficient forme.
    That proves nothing. It's still a Mewtwo that somehow looks exactly like the first Mewtwo.

    Which wouldn't make sense for the old one because its genetics and abilities are definite and cannot be reversed, there is no way it could acquire a new forme as if its a natural born Pokemon.
    Pikachu would've gotten a forme by now if that's what you're implying.

    And this ridicoulousness that you speak of... Could it possibly be that your saying that TR had backstory because of Origins? Or could it be the CD story? Because other than that, we still have no information on them for real :/
    The Origins and CD Drama plus the anime itself had enough information behind Team Rocket--particularly Giovanni--that yes, Team Rocket has a backstory. The Mewtwo Project had a backstory. Dr. Fuji himself had a backstory. These no-named scientists have no backstory whatsoever, there is no information on who they are, why they cloned Mew, nothing.
    Winner of Best Pokémon/Pokémon Fic of 2013 in the Shipping Oscars
    Current Chapter: Chapter Ten - 3/17/14 / Current: Requiem I - 11/17/14 - Chapter 21 progress: 66%
    I survived Pupa.

  7. #5882
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Bay Area, hugging my Dreamcast
    Posts
    4,573

    Default

    I love how the same argument always gets brought up because people didn't particularly pay attention to the previous Mewtwo saga in the slightest.

    Quote Originally Posted by ConUxie223 View Post
    @TheFonz Okay, In the begining of its run in the show Mewtwo had a legit reason form"questioning" it's existence because it was created by humans and not naturally by God... But then by the time it made it to Mewtwo Returns his "questioning" had indeed turned into constant complaining over his existence which was quite annoying by that point since we thought this "questioning" as resolved when he saw Ash being unpetrified by the Pokemon- and then not even a few months later he was once again "questioning" his existence which is why it was somewhat unrealistic to watch his stubborn attitude on humans and Pokemon, and then it took Ash saving his life mind you the same thing happened in this movie with the RG and the new Mewtwo, to make him "change" his mind over humans and his own existence which in turn makes no sense because why would his opinion about himself be changed just because he was saved and Ash gave him a speech -_- The original Mewtwo's story wasn't perfect either, not at all... The Origins were touching and informative but then the conclusion was weak because it was just as forced as the new ones.
    Looks like someone didn't watch/understand the CD Drama, Mewtwo Strikes Back, and the Mewtwo episode in Jouto (or simply just watched the dub):

    Quote Originally Posted by FANG-TAN a.k.a. Satoshi
    Well, regarding that: in the first movie, Satoshi's sacrifice and the Pokemon tears opened Mewtwo's eyes to the fact that the humans, Pokemon copies, and the natural Pokemon were all equal as living beings whether or not they're born or created, and didn't need to drive each other to near death with their strength to prove who was really "real". But towards the end of the film, Mewtwo erased the evidence of the copies' existence and took them to live somewhere else where they could find peace, implying that even though Mewtwo saw that conflict between the three factions was unnecessary, he still believed that they couldn't live in the same world that he saw in his "dream" (beginning of the first movie, where he "saw that creature" [Mew] flying") because they were still on opposite ends of the same coin (with the clones being shadows); they were still different, and didn't have the right to move freely in the world as the real Pokemon do.

    Basically, his "Who am I?" was answered, but his "Where am I?" wasn't, he still didn't know where the copies truly belonged.

    Mewtwo needed to learn that that all didn't matter and they could live freely under the same sun as the other Pokemon as long as they were living beings, and I think the special concluded that nicely. I personally loved the special (wouldn't call it an OVA since it was made for television). There was a really memorable exchange between Satoshi and Mewtwo that I found to be one of the more memorable scenes in the anime for me.
    In no way was the conclusion for the original Mewtwo's character arc "forced". It had plenty of build-up.

    And I already explained why it's extremely contrived for a second Mewtwo to even exist. Explanation using "barebones" and coincidences - a good story does not make.
    Last edited by Satoshi; 1st August 2013 at 2:32 AM.
    Tales of REDPLICAAAAAA!
    Anime Blog [x] Art [0] Bishoujou [0] BMGf [x] LiveJournal [x] Eggbear! [x] Credit [n/a]
    .UVERworld。

  8. #5883
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Walnut Creek
    Posts
    943

    Default

    @TheFonz What I say about Mewtwo doesn't make sense and just because I think it's overrated I don't understand it's story? Wow. I understand Mewtwo's story plenty and "the impact" that it made was only created because it was so over hyped by the anime... Sorry if my opinion on Mewtwo's role in the anime isn't the same as yours but in my honest opinion the way people think the original Mewtwo was on par with Arceus is the type of stuff that makes him overrated. And I don't understand what you didn't understand about what I said- no, it's not a Mewtwo replica because its a different Mewtwo -_- A replica is an almost exact copy and whole this one is similar in appearance it has different qualities to it than the former. And yes, it does have a more efficient form than the original one or have you not heard about its awakened form? O_o Are you saying that this new forme isn't more efficient than the normal Mewtwo which lacked it? Really? Mewtwo is a genetically manufactured Pokemon which means when another one is created and is given a more powerful and efficient forme than the previous it can be presumed as "more efficient" because the former lacks this forme because when it was manufactured it was not given these qualities, because unlike naturally born Pokemon which have more free will over their genetics and DNA, Mewtwo's is definite (this applies for both) and no matter how hard the former tries it can never access this new forme this making it less efficient than the last. And if you don't understand this it's a pity for you because I've made myself as clear as possible.

    @Kutie Pie: But in fact... What did we see of the scientist other than Dr. Fuji's ambition to bring his daughter back from the dead? So yes... They were just as equally as random as the scientist who were torturing the new Mewtwo... The only thing that separates their "randomness" from the new ones is that they received a decimal more of screentime to them to discuss Mewtwo and it's origins. Just because TR was involved with them makes them no-less random than the newest batch of scientist. Yes, the newest scientist have not been explained and may never be explained but I see that there is nothing different from Dr. Fuji and the other scientist who created the original Mewtwo...

    And I can't believe you just said "any old person like Ash" because he isn't a scientist in any form and has no way of going through the scientific process like a, I don't know scientist can -_- A person who acquires information from an already successful experiment can repeat said experiment if they have the intelligence to do so... There is nothing special about the scientist who made the original Mewtwo compared to any other. Just because all of the other clones failed for that particular team, which is because all of the other clones weren't based on Mew's genetic code doesn't mean that another team who acquired the information/ came up with their own successful information could not be just as successful.

    And about Pikachu... What? My statement was that Pikachu was not manufactured so he has the ability to improve because his genetics are not definite unlike Mewtwo who was manufactured and thus, his genetics are definite and cannot be changed. Think about it like this, Dolly did not age but it's "mother" did because its mother was naturally born and it was not. Mewtwo cannot suddenly adapt a new forme it's genetic code was not configured with because it is not natural, plain and simple.

    And about TR, by this point I take everything not in the actual as a grain of salt other Jesse's mom dying and maybe Madame Boss... Of course one can argue that does indeed give TR a backstory but IMO it doesn't. It's my opinion and I won't change it just like I pray you won't ever change yours since opinions are what make a person unique

    @Satoshi First off there was no "Saga" just a few pre-movie cameos, a movie, a prequel, and a return special... And I did pay attention thank you, actually Ive seen each of those things over 10x's so excuse you but I do think I'm just as aware of Mewtwo's "Saga" as anyone -_- This is what I'm talking about when people make things overrated, no offense :/
    What happens when two diffrent people connect through an unlikely adventure?
    https://www.fanfiction.net/docs/edit.php?docid=29355246
    Pokemon-BW- Dare to live?

    So how many Pokemons are there?

    Silly Jack, the plural of Pokemon is Pokemon

    Quote Originally Posted by Street Comedy View Post
    Pokemon: Filler Adventures and Pokemon: Rise of the Penguin respectivley.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheFonz View Post
    Now that I think about it....that poster is a horrible advertisement
    Quote Originally Posted by Street Comedy View Post
    Wow, I'm just stating that I'm uncomfortable with one of the few decent pokemon on the train wreck that is Ash's Unova team getting shafted and you accuse me of impersonating an imposter?!

  9. #5884
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Philadelphia,PA,USA
    Posts
    1,992

    Default

    ConUxie, please don't twist my words? Thank you

    I did not say you don't understand Mewtwo because you think it's overrated. I said you don't understand Mewtwo, because a bunch of points of what you said about the original Mewtwo weren't correct.

    Leave the overrated Pokémon and VS Arceus complaints out of this. Nobody dislikes this movie because of favortism. Almost all complaints are about the canon of Mewtwo in the Pokémon anime world being thrown away to make money off of a new movie with no reasonable explanation.

    If YOU cannot understand the points users have made about the bad things in this movie, then that's the real pity. People have been complaining over and over since the newly created Mewtwo was confirmed for the movie. Do a bit better research before activating the overrated card




    Platinum FC: 2924 5508 7388

    HeartGold FC: 5372 2982 5997

    White 1 FC: 3396 3135 0386

  10. #5885
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Valley of the Sun
    Posts
    6,540

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ConUxie223 View Post
    What I say about Mewtwo doesn't make sense and just because I think it's overrated I don't understand it's story? Wow. I understand Mewtwo's story plenty and "the impact" that it made was only created because it was so over hyped by the anime... Sorry if my opinion on Mewtwo's role in the anime isn't the same as yours but in my honest opinion the way people think the original Mewtwo was on par with Arceus is the type of stuff that makes him overrated.

    And I did pay attention thank you, actually Ive seen each of those things over 10x's so excuse you but I do think I'm just as aware of Mewtwo's "Saga" as anyone -_-
    Even though it may be your opinion, it was still apparent you didn't understand it, and yet you went on a tangent about something you had little to no understanding about.

    A replica is an almost exact copy and whole this one is similar in appearance it has different qualities to it than the former.
    It's still a physical replica.

    And yes, it does have a more efficient form than the original one or have you not heard about its awakened form? O_o Are you saying that this new forme isn't more efficient than the normal Mewtwo which lacked it? Really?
    Well what's so special about this "awakened" forme outside of it giving Newtwo speed to match Extremespeed, if not faster? It's basically the Speed Forme for Mewtwo.

    Mewtwo is a genetically manufactured Pokemon which means when another one is created and is given a more powerful and efficient forme than the previous it can be presumed as "more efficient" because the former lacks this forme because when it was manufactured it was not given these qualities
    But the scientists who made Newtwo don't know about Mewtwo. And it just gives Newtwo a speed boost, not a power boost. It's still on the same level as Mewtwo's own power, if not lower.

    @Kutie Pie: But in fact... What did we see of the scientist other than Dr. Fuji's ambition to bring his daughter back from the dead? So yes... They were just as equally as random as the scientist who were torturing the new Mewtwo... The only thing that separates their "randomness" from the new ones is that they received a decimal more of screentime to them to discuss Mewtwo and it's origins.
    It doesn't matter, they were hired by Giovanni--that's their backstory. These scientists who made Newtwo have no backstory because we don't know who hired them. Who funded this project? Why were they cloning Mew? Where did they get Mew DNA? When did this happen? What was the point of them slaving away at it? And that's why they're random.

    Yes, the newest scientist have not been explained and may never be explained but I see that there is nothing different from Dr. Fuji and the other scientist who created the original Mewtwo...
    But it is different. We aren't given an explanation as to why a new team of scientists are cloning a Mew, how many times do we have to point this out?

    And I can't believe you just said "any old person like Ash" because he isn't a scientist in any form and has no way of going through the scientific process like a, I don't know scientist can -_-
    You said "I don't see anything random about people being able to learn information about the genetic engineering of a Pokemon based on DNA" before going on to point out something we already knew about this Mewtwo. If they're professional scientists, they already know information on genetic engineering. It's not random unless they have no real reason for doing so.

    A person who acquires information from an already successful experiment can repeat said experiment if they have the intelligence to do so...
    That doesn't mean the experiment will come out exactly the same. And even then where did they get the information on cloning a Mew that comes out looking like the original Mewtwo?

    There is nothing special about the scientist who made the original Mewtwo compared to any other.
    Except the lead scientist was cloning his daughter out of grief. If that's not special, then I don't know what is.

    Just because all of the other clones failed for that particular team, which is because all of the other clones weren't based on Mew's genetic code doesn't mean that another team who acquired the information/ came up with their own successful information could not be just as successful.
    But how in the world did they get this information is the plothole that has presented itself.

    And about Pikachu... What? My statement was that Pikachu was not manufactured so he has the ability to improve because his genetics are not definite unlike Mewtwo who was manufactured and thus, his genetics are definite and cannot be changed.
    So pretty much a Pikachu, who is a natural born, can just develop a forme because it can. Just like you, who is a natural born, can develop wings because you have the ability to prove your genetics are not definite. You can just willingly tap into anything in your genetic code (the building blocks of a living being's foundation) and do what you want with yourself. Meanwhile, a clone who has flesh and blood like you and I, with a genetic foundation from another creature, cannot change its own forme because it's more permanent.

    Makes perfect logical sense.
    Last edited by Kutie Pie; 1st August 2013 at 3:03 AM.
    Winner of Best Pokémon/Pokémon Fic of 2013 in the Shipping Oscars
    Current Chapter: Chapter Ten - 3/17/14 / Current: Requiem I - 11/17/14 - Chapter 21 progress: 66%
    I survived Pupa.

  11. #5886
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    144

    Default

    Oh no, stirring the "but how did it happen?!" pot again. XD After trying to explain it to myself...too much...I decided to leave it a bit vague in my mind until we really do know more. Some pages back I jokingly put forth the "explanation" that Kidd Summer's boss *hunts for it*

    "Lieutenant Banks from the Lucario movie is obviously very wealthy, loves research, has a very determined subordinate in Kidd Summers who was in physical contact with a Mew and with all that technofun around him; is probably intelligent enough to have done research and computer hacking on Team Rocket in the past and maybe have knowledge of Mewtwo and its DNA blueprints. It would have been easy enough for a sample of Mew DNA (say, a single hair) to have stuck to Kidd's uniform. Thus, the manual and a fresh sample to start with."

    Of course, I was joking, and besides, Banks isn't an evil jerk who'd consider something like that. I don't take this explanation seriously, but I have to admit to myself the fit's pretty good...if he was evil. (Trust me, he isn't.) And he's too vague. Then again, the people who created the new Mewtwo were just as vague. We probably won't ever be given any explanation, unless someone wants the two Mewtwos to meet for...whatever reason.

  12. #5887
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Bay Area, hugging my Dreamcast
    Posts
    4,573

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ConUxie223 View Post
    @Satoshi First off there was no "Saga" just a few pre-movie cameos, a movie, a prequel, and a return special... And I did pay attention thank you, actually Ive seen each of those things over 10x's so excuse you but I do think I'm just as aware of Mewtwo's "Saga" as anyone -_- This is what I'm talking about when people make things overrated, no offense :/
    Saga

    saˇga
    /ˈsägə/
    Noun

    1. A long story of heroic achievement.
    2. A long, involved story, account, or series of incidents.


    Mewtwo no Tanjou (BoM 1. The Phantom Mew ---> BoM 2. Mewtwo's Birth ---> BoM 3. Mewtwo and Ai ---> BoM 4. World's Strongest Pokemon ---> BoM 5. Mewtwo Strikes Back) ---> Mewtwo Strikes Back (Film) ---> Mewtwo! I Am Here! (long TV Special re-aired as three episodes) = Mewtwo saga.

    A character arc with many interconnected series of incidents. Or are you implying Episode N wasn't N/Plasma Gang's saga? That's like saying the original Star Wars trilogy wasn't a saga because it was only three movies. And how does that make it "overrated"? You're using the term wrong and it's getting pretty damn annoying. "No offense."



    This and the fact that you claim that Dr. Fuji didn't have a backstory, despite him being given a detailed past and actual reasons for wanting to clone Mew in the CD Drama (finding the secrets of Mew's eternal lifeforce in order to resurrect his dead daughter via cloning), means that you either didn't pay attention or are unfamiliar with the story outside of bad dubbing. Also, parts of Rocket Gang's history are detailed in that very same CD Drama and in the anime itself, so you saying that we have no information on the Rockets is a load of bullocks. Comparing them to a couple of story-less clowns is a load of bullocks. It makes me doubt that you've seen these stories "over 10 times".

    The only people that remember Mewtwo are Satoshi and his friends. It's impossible for the Mewtwo Project to be replicated + new form if all evidence of its creation are wiped out. For all intents and purposes, Mewtwo's appearance was uniquely engineered.
    Last edited by Satoshi; 1st August 2013 at 5:15 AM.
    Tales of REDPLICAAAAAA!
    Anime Blog [x] Art [0] Bishoujou [0] BMGf [x] LiveJournal [x] Eggbear! [x] Credit [n/a]
    .UVERworld。

  13. #5888
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    940

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ConUxie223
    Mewtwo is a genetically manufactured Pokemon which means when another one is created and is given a more powerful and efficient forme than the previous it can be presumed as "more efficient" because the former lacks this forme because when it was manufactured it was not given these qualities, because unlike naturally born Pokemon which have more free will over their genetics and DNA, Mewtwo's is definite (this applies for both) and no matter how hard the former tries it can never access this new forme this making it less efficient than the last.
    Neither this movie nor its prologue implied that the Forme was a manufactured result. In the prologue, Dunc was completely surprised to see Mewtwo transform, even he though he had been given information by its creators (who should have been dead, but I digress). Besides, you do realize that the Forme is referred to as the "Awakened Mewtwo", right? That implies that it was dormant at some point as opposed to being an innate quality. But the awakening was never shown, which is one of the movie's many problems - its own title received no explanation.

    Since we don't know what triggers the Forme, I fail to see what makes you so sure that the original Mewtwo couldn't possibly acquire it.

    Of course one can argue that does indeed give TR a backstory but IMO it doesn't. It's my opinion and I won't change it just like I pray you won't ever change yours since opinions are what make a person unique
    Some opinions have more to do with facts than others do.

  14. #5889
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    9

    Default

    Quick question as this topic is too long to read
    Any info about if ash actually remembers mewtwo?
    And in one of the trailers...(newtwo backstory of being created) was the newtwo in a tube like the first mewtwo? Please tell me the writers didnt use the same footage from the first movie in newtwos creation ><
    ok from now on i feel best wishes/black and white anime should just be placed as noncannon if they messed up this badly

    I hope x and y is better and they get back to following the talent the kanto and johto writer had. Why he have to die
    favorite pokemon:

  15. #5890
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    144

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pika216 View Post
    Quick question as this topic is too long to read
    Any info about if ash actually remembers mewtwo?
    And in one of the trailers...(newtwo backstory of being created) was the newtwo in a tube like the first mewtwo? Please tell me the writers didnt use the same footage from the first movie in newtwos creation ><
    ok from now on i feel best wishes/black and white anime should just be placed as noncannon if they messed up this badly

    I hope x and y is better and they get back to following the talent the kanto and johto writer had. Why he have to die
    Wish everyone would stop kicking what they haven't seen.

    The answer to your last question is...they left it ambiguous. The first Mewtwo simply wasn't referenced. When Ash meets this one what he says, basically, could be translated as "You're..." or "Who are you?" We don't know why because the producers have not given us a reason as to WHY they simply created a Mewtwo with a very strong feminine gender role. (Technically genderless in games yeah yeah, but she gives off some very strong female vibes.) The footage is new. The scientists behind her creation are not known. Her backstory is similar to the effect that at some point she blew up the lab she was created in...just not after enduring quite a bit of physical torture as she was experimented upon, from the looks of things. She's able to transform into her new Forme from the start.

    You can find the movie prologue Mewtwo's Awakening: Prologue. It is all over youtube, including one with english subtitles. Subs aren't perfect, but you'll generally know what is going on, and is also about her, if contradictory to the movie itself.

  16. #5891
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    940

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ZeoViolet View Post
    She's able to transform into her new Forme from the start.
    If by "start" you mean birth, then that was never implied. Refer to my previous post.
    Last edited by Kein; 1st August 2013 at 2:42 PM.

  17. #5892
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    144

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kein
    If by "start" you mean birth, then that was never implied. Refer to my previous post.
    No, I meant from the start of the movie AND during the prologue. It is never explained. I didn't say from birth because I don't believe that myself. By the time the prologue comes around she's able to and does so frequently, not to mention the film.

  18. #5893
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    940

    Default

    Does anyone else find it amusing that the Forme's signature move wasn't showcased in the movie, but rather in the game trailer that was shown at theaters? I'm assuming that it's a signature move because the imagery is very specific to Mewtwo's DNA theme.

  19. #5894
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Valley of the Sun
    Posts
    6,540

    Default

    We got Psystrike in the movie, apparently. Guess they couldn't come up with a scene to use it in if they had known about it from the beginning. Oh wait, they could've done it for the climax, but instead we get passing out in space and suddenly Red Genesect is nice. Could've been pretty animation, too.

    But considering that the forme is hardly advertised unlike the original forme to begin with... they just didn't care? Which does confuse me a bit. They're so willing to market Sylveon to hell and back, and even Genesect I suppose, but why wasn't the Mewtwo forme marketed as much as its original? I understand if perhaps it's to keep it "secret" (which honestly they probably should've kept it secret to begin with or at least have written the damn script in a way where the forme should've been the plot twist), but... I don't know. What, is it not "cute" enough? Did they know ahead of time there was going to be a backlash against it, so they've held off on making plushies, cards, and stuff on it? Is it so sacred to the writing staff that they refused to let it be marketed?

    What, exactly? You would think that this being Pokémon it would've been all over the place.
    Winner of Best Pokémon/Pokémon Fic of 2013 in the Shipping Oscars
    Current Chapter: Chapter Ten - 3/17/14 / Current: Requiem I - 11/17/14 - Chapter 21 progress: 66%
    I survived Pupa.

  20. #5895
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    144

    Default

    I thought it was advertised fairly well upon first reveal, that new forme, but you're right...since then, I've seen very little official advertisements or products concerning it. Was there as much Hype Backlash in Japan over it being a different Mewtwo as there has been over here? I've heard very little on the subject. I knew there were some complaints, but they went quiet after a while.

  21. #5896
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    New Tork City
    Posts
    7,738

    Default

    Just throwing out an alternate theory for Mewtwo Q I just realized, at least in the games...

        Spoiler:- spoiler:

    (Banner by Matori)
    Beyond all ideals, the truth shall set you free...
    Most Recent: 18: Winter of Discontent
    Next: The Weight of the World (Part 1)

    The steps on the road to the truth.
    The Firestorm Rebellion
    The Victory Star of Fate


    Glacidia Network - The Home for Fanworks
    Best Wishes appreciation blog

  22. #5897
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    940

    Default

    There is no real evidence that the Ranger series is canon to the main series. That's like saying that the movies are canon merely because of the event Pokémon downloads. I doubt that Game Freak even know about the Mewtwo in the third Ranger game. Besides, why would Game Freak bring back that Mewtwo rather than the one from their own games?
    Last edited by Kein; 3rd August 2013 at 9:55 AM.

  23. #5898
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    New Tork City
    Posts
    7,738

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kein View Post
    There is no real evidence that the Ranger series is canon to the main series. That's like saying that the movies are canon merely because of the event Pokémon downloads. I doubt that Game Freak even know about the Mewtwo in the third Ranger game. Besides, why would Game Freak bring back that Mewtwo rather than the one from their own games?
    It's just a possible explanation as to how a new Mewtwo could show up in the games even if it's not explained. I'm not entirely serious, I just wanted to put it out there.

    (Banner by Matori)
    Beyond all ideals, the truth shall set you free...
    Most Recent: 18: Winter of Discontent
    Next: The Weight of the World (Part 1)

    The steps on the road to the truth.
    The Firestorm Rebellion
    The Victory Star of Fate


    Glacidia Network - The Home for Fanworks
    Best Wishes appreciation blog

  24. #5899
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    144

    Default

    While some of the ranger characters have since appeared in the anime's canon, it doesn't mean the stories themselves are canon.

    I will acknowledge the thought of the doctor from the last game for possibly having the genetic know-how, but who'd have the techy know-how for such a feat? Purple Eyes?

    It is an interesting speculation, like my thoughts on Lieutenant Banks, but there's just no evidence that it happened that way.

    Besides....would ancient magical technology be more effective on keeping a Mewtwo under control than anything else we've seen used in the anime for such a purpose-that never effectively worked in the end?

  25. #5900
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    On a Sea-Train, to Kalos! UK
    Posts
    1,598

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ZeoViolet View Post
    Besides....would ancient magical technology be more effective on keeping a Mewtwo under control than anything else we've seen used in the anime for such a purpose-that never effectively worked in the end?
    Hmm... Well, kinda like that thing used for Meloetta in the Abyssal Ruins? It was working until Ash told Pikachu to use Massive Electro Ball! It got user to lose control so actually that thing was working the whole time..

    So yeah, I can totally see an "ancient magical technology" thing keeping Mewtwo under complete control.

    Ash: Now I choose you!
    Electro Ball!

    -Pikachu: PikaPika-Chu-Pi!-

Page 236 of 247 FirstFirst ... 136186226232233234235236237238239240246 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •