Page 110 of 247 FirstFirst ... 1060100106107108109110111112113114120160210 ... LastLast
Results 2,726 to 2,750 of 6162

Thread: Movie 16 - ExtremeSpeed Genesect & The Awakening of Mewtwo - FIRST DETAILS

  1. #2726
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    3,420

    Default

    Hmm,well how about you say why you think mewtwo was powered down.
    To right the countless wrongs of our day, we shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise. What a wonderful world such would be...

  2. #2727
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Nowhere
    Posts
    3,999

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
    Seems like Mewtwo has been de-powered.
    Agreed. That Psystrike didn't even nudged Genesect and that Flamethrower was underwhelming. Mewtwo is useless now. I am sure you made more of these interesting deduction about this trailer.

    Quote Originally Posted by diakyu View Post
    Hmm,well how about you say why you think mewtwo was powered down.
    Definitely because it didn't do that Ballerina dance that Ash taught it in the first movie.
    Last edited by Umbilical Noose; 7th March 2013 at 4:04 AM.

  3. #2728
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    12,799

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pokemonsquared View Post
    Ninjask can learn protect.
    I'm pretty sure a random wild or even trained Ninjask, even using protect would not be able to counter Genesect.

    I'm sure it would break through and kill everyone, using anime-logic.
    Misinterpreting my posts is not your fault, negative repping me, and getting very sensitive about my posts because you misinterpreted my posts however is your fault. Think really hard, before negative repping or making a big deal about my posts. I don't appreciate being negative repped for reasons that are a result of misinterpreting my posts.

  4. #2729
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Wherever I want to be!!
    Posts
    239

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dman_dustin View Post
    I don't think Ninjask is fast enough nor powerful enough to do what Ninjask.

    Outright flying and dodging speed, maybe, but fast enough to put up a barrier before an attack....no.
    I agree, Mewtwo was severely lacking in speed feats and was constantly being bashed for his lack of speed feats in vs. forums and with this, Mewtwo now has speed on his belt and because of it wont be getting speed blitzed so often due to lack of speed. If u look; Mewtwo is able to appear in front of Ask and gang and even casually land before they were even able to notice that he was there, and on top of that reacted and blasted the fastest Gensect at point blank range as it was traveling its fastest. Mewtwo had the power feats with his life wiping hurricane, he had the defence feats with his barriers and could even recover and regenerate, he could mind f***, and now he has a speed feat that is unseen in Pokemon, I believe that with this movie he'll be able to take on characters higher then those that appeared in the 23rd world tournament of Dragon Ball, heck, he can now be put in the league of Raditz now(I would love to say even Frieza's league, but we gotta see more feats before I say that, cuzz frieza is just to fast, if Mewtwo is shown to have greater speed then what we saw then I'd say that it's a possibility).

  5. #2730
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    5 hours behind UTC
    Posts
    1,505

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ciccone View Post
    Let me perch.

    And yeah, the plot of this movie is eerily reminiscent of a fanfic. Like, why are there five Genesects to begin with? I would think that one would be enough, but there are several running around and it's going to be really confusing to keep track of the four normal colored ones. A story about a small army of Genesects just sounds like something you'd read on FanFiction.net or whatever. And I swear, if Mewtwo gets a form change I'm going to scream and shout 'cause Mewtwo is essentially one of the most powerful Pokemon already; he doesn't need more power.
    Your comment offends me. There are actually some fanfics out there that do much better than the canon show itself. If you're going to use the term "fanfiction" to insult something, don't generalize.

  6. #2731
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Mitten State
    Posts
    11,832

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dman_dustin View Post
    I'm pretty sure a random wild or even trained Ninjask, even using protect would not be able to counter Genesect.

    I'm sure it would break through and kill everyone, using anime-logic.
    Using anime logic, the only thing to ever break Protect is Feint :P
    3DS code:1048-8163-5480
    Why exactly can't Ash get this little guy?
    "I already told you, I don't mind playing the bad guy every once in a while."~ Sonic the Hedgehog

  7. #2732
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    8

    Default

    Lulz at the people saying mewtwo has been depowered. Blind assumptions, and if anything his speed feat was pretty damned impressive.

  8. #2733
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Ariana's vocal cords
    Posts
    44,618

    Default

    I don't think Mewtwo has been "depowered." I mean the preview wasn't very long so we didn't get to see all of Mewtwo's abilities. This is one of those rare moments when I think it's better to wait and see before judging something like Mewtwo's power level. A shocking concept coming from me, I know.

    Quote Originally Posted by PokeMaster366 View Post
    Your comment offends me. There are actually some fanfics out there that do much better than the canon show itself. If you're going to use the term "fanfiction" to insult something, don't generalize.
    I was just using the same word that my good sis An00bis used to describe some of the plot points; I thought it fit perfectly. It wasn't meant to offend anyone though.

  9. #2734
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Nowhere
    Posts
    3,999

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Joltik-Kid View Post
    Using anime logic, the only thing to ever break Protect is Feint :P
    I think Regirock's Stone Edge broke Protect in Brandon vs Paul. I can't recall but I am sure there have been more instances of Protect breaking.
    Last edited by Umbilical Noose; 7th March 2013 at 4:20 AM.

  10. #2735
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Unova, NY
    Posts
    6,285

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ciccone View Post
    I don't think Mewtwo has been "depowered." I mean the preview wasn't very long so we didn't get to see all of Mewtwo's abilities. This is one of those rare moments when I think it's better to wait and see before judging something like Mewtwo's power level. A shocking concept coming from me, I know.
    This is a trailer, anyway. So there's nothing guaranteeing most of these scenes will even appear in the movie.

  11. #2736
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Mitten State
    Posts
    11,832

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Umbilical Noose View Post
    I think Regirock's Stone Edge also broke Protect in Brandon vs Paul. I can't recall but I am sure there have been more instances of Protect breaking.
    Protect looked weak in that fight though, it didn't even cover Electabuzz completely. Still, guess that counts

    Quote Originally Posted by lolipiece View Post
    This is a trailer, anyway. So there's nothing guaranteeing most of these scenes will even appear in the movie.
    They almost never do :P
    3DS code:1048-8163-5480
    Why exactly can't Ash get this little guy?
    "I already told you, I don't mind playing the bad guy every once in a while."~ Sonic the Hedgehog

  12. #2737
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    3,420

    Default

    I actually kind of hope that Mewtwo has no where near that level of speed in the final movie. Being fast is pretty cool, but going THAT fast seems like overkill.
    To right the countless wrongs of our day, we shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise. What a wonderful world such would be...

  13. #2738
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Bionis
    Posts
    9,344

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dman_dustin View Post
    I'm pretty sure a random wild or even trained Ninjask, even using protect would not be able to counter Genesect.

    I'm sure it would break through and kill everyone, using anime-logic.
    Protect in the games blocks everything not named feint.

    And if Pikachu can hold its own against a genesect then a Ninjask surely can.

  14. #2739
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Mitten State
    Posts
    11,832

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pokemonsquared View Post
    Protect in the games blocks everything not named feint.

    And if Pikachu can hold its own against a genesect then a Ninjask surely can.
    Paul's definitely could seeing how much trouble it gave Gliscor and Infernape
    3DS code:1048-8163-5480
    Why exactly can't Ash get this little guy?
    "I already told you, I don't mind playing the bad guy every once in a while."~ Sonic the Hedgehog

  15. #2740
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    991

    Default

    Did you guys even read the character bios of the movie?

    Mewtwo: A Pokémon created by the recombining of Mew's genes. It's battle prowess has been raised to the max.
    "Kakusei" ("Awakening" - the word used in the movie title) is the act of waking up, or of snapping out of something.
    It can also mean to come to one's senses and realize the errors of one's ways.
    How could that mean being depowered? learn to read before posting. If somehow Mewtwo have problems with all those Genosects that'll be because the paleozoic pokemon are way too strong (reminds me of DBZ cyborgs).

    Also the gang is in New York? And how come Ash decided to "study" after all this time? LOL
    IGN: Carlos
    FC: 0903-2783-6541

    [CENTER]SIGNATURE SOON...[/COLOR]

  16. #2741
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Nowhere
    Posts
    3,999

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Joltik-Kid View Post
    Paul's definitely could seeing how much trouble it gave Gliscor and Infernape
    The one that got OHKO by a 4X NVE move?

    Quote Originally Posted by ludiloco View Post
    Also the gang is in New York? And how come Ash decided to "study" after all this time? LOL
    Come to think of it, can Ash even read and write?

  17. #2742

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by diakyu View Post
    I actually kind of hope that Mewtwo has no where near that level of speed in the final movie. Being fast is pretty cool, but going THAT fast seems like overkill.
    While that level of speed may be too much, Mewtwo needs to be pretty fast to avoid getting speedblitzed by Red Genesect.

    Quote Originally Posted by pokemonsquared View Post
    Protect in the games blocks everything not named feint.

    And if Pikachu can hold its own against a genesect then a Ninjask surely can.
    Pikachu has tied with or outright defeated legendaries in the past. Some Ninjask doesn't have anything on him once he's at full power.

  18. #2743
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Bionis
    Posts
    9,344

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bushido Bob View Post
    While that level of speed may be too much, Mewtwo needs to be pretty fast to avoid getting speedblitzed by Red Genesect.



    Pikachu has tied with or outright defeated legendaries in the past. Some Ninjask doesn't have anything on him once he's at full power.
    My point is if a Pikachu of all things could do it, why can't a ninjask? and no if all you can is marketability then don't even bother.
    Last edited by LizardonX; 7th March 2013 at 4:57 AM.

  19. #2744
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    8,387

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Umbilical Noose View Post
    The one that got OHKO by a 4X NVE move?
    It was hurt by the Flare Blitz fire so it wasn't a OHKO.

    Random : PokéRadar


  20. #2745
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Ariana's vocal cords
    Posts
    44,618

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ludiloco View Post
    Did you guys even read the character bios of the movie?



    How could that mean being depowered? learn to read before posting. If somehow Mewtwo have problems with all those Genosects that'll be because the paleozoic pokemon are way too strong (reminds me of DBZ cyborgs).

    Also the gang is in New York? And how come Ash decided to "study" after all this time? LOL
    I think that part you highlighted is referring to its original strength; I think it's saying that it was created to be stronger than Mew, which I believe is already something we've known. Otherwise it's saying that Mewtwo's powers have been adjusted and increased, which doesn't really make sense to me since I believe Mewtwo was living in the wild. Unless that's Mewtwo's secret and that part about us not knowing the real Mewtwo was referring to Mewtwo being experimented on again. I can see it going either way.

  21. #2746
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    South Bend, IN
    Posts
    668

    Default

    it's too bad sableye is just a movie pokemon because I really thought it would go to the main cast oh well least the sableye thing is out of the way
    Unova -
    Kalos

  22. #2747
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    California, USA
    Posts
    14,471

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by _Taidow_ View Post
    It was hurt by the Flare Blitz fire so it wasn't a OHKO.
    Ya barely -_-...it's like people saying that Thunderbolt hurt Serperior after hitting him for like half a second.
    Proud claimer of Cyndaquil and Ezio Auditore from Assassin's Creed !!
    Also proud claimer of Assassin's Creed 2 the game!!
    Just became the proud claimer of the Marvel's Agent's of S.H.I.E.L.D. TV show ^_^!!!

  23. #2748
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Pluto
    Posts
    4,202

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kickachu View Post
    it's too bad sableye is just a movie pokemon because I really thought it would go to the main cast oh well least the sableye thing is out of the way
    Yeah,but usually,the movies show wich pkmn the main cast will catch.

  24. #2749
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Unova, NY
    Posts
    6,285

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nacreous View Post
    Yeah,but usually,the movies show wich pkmn the main cast will catch.
    No, they show what Pokemon they have caught up by the time the movie premieres.

    Unless you mean stuff like the Giratina movie's trailer revealing Swinub before it debuted.

  25. #2750
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Pluto
    Posts
    4,202

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by lolipiece View Post
    No, they show what Pokemon they have caught up by the time the movie premieres.

    Unless you mean stuff like the Giratina movie's trailer revealing Swinub before it debuted.
    Yeah,or Buizel or Mime Jr,Mamoswine,etc etc...

Page 110 of 247 FirstFirst ... 1060100106107108109110111112113114120160210 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •