Page 119 of 247 FirstFirst ... 1969109115116117118119120121122123129169219 ... LastLast
Results 2,951 to 2,975 of 6162

Thread: Movie 16 - ExtremeSpeed Genesect & The Awakening of Mewtwo - FIRST DETAILS

I posted this yesterday but i'll post it here since it's the topic of discussion.

Personally i think Movie 16 seems more fitting to take place during Episode N. I'd like to think of the Team Plasma/Genesect hidden plots all grouped together, instead of hinted and then brought back later in an arc that is much less relevant. Movie 1's cameo scenes all took place around the correct time as Movie 1 (even though the episodes were delayed that wasn't the writers fault) so i'd like Movie 16 to do the same.

I never did believe Charizard would stay long, and the length of BWN8 - BWN14 is an appropriate length for his return. If Oshawott does departure (not saying he will) it only supports the fact that Movie 16 does indeed take place before DA.

Quote Originally Posted by Spin Attaxx View Post
    Why wouldn't it make sense for Genesect to go to the islands?
    Because what reason would the Genesect have to go to the islands?

The Decolora Islands will most likely not be mentioned until the first episode of DA or the last episode of Episode N AFTER the Genesect episode, which means technically they don't exist (yet), why would a character go to a place that doesn't exist yet.

That's like saying Ash is going to Sinnoh before he even knows about Sinnoh, which doesn't make any sense.

The Genesect escaping the mainland Unova to go directly to the island chain of Decolora for a purpose really doesn't make any sense when the islands haven't even been mentioned yet, which means those not-yet-existing-island-chains serve no purpose as of yet.

Especially since the Decolora Islans cannot serve any purpose to Team Plasma, when Team Plasma is focused too much on the main land of Unova. If Decolora Islands were so important to Team Plasma and Genesect, then the anime should reflect, which it's not, since the feel of Season 2 DA, is NOT Team Plasma related. It's mostly visiting the islands and having fun.
    Misinterpreting my posts is not your fault, negative repping me, and getting very sensitive about my posts because you misinterpreted my posts however is your fault. Think really hard, before negative repping or making a big deal about my posts. I don't appreciate being negative repped for reasons that are a result of misinterpreting my posts.

How do you know that they're not going there independently for the purpose of "blow up everything for the lolz" or something?

Also, just because they haven't been mentioned yet doesn't mean that they never existed until Character X mentions them. Plasma might have put Google Earth into their brains for all we know.
    Shokotan: "And then, in Extremespeed Genesect: The Awakening of Mewtwo, we meet another Mewtwo!"
    Yuyama: "Yes, I thought it'd be better if it was a different Mewtwo."
    Good for you Yuyama. Too bad you've singlehandedly torpedoed any lingering respect I and anyone else had for you.

How do you know that they're not going there independently for the purpose of "blow up everything for the lolz" or something?
    Because we know Genesect was programmed to hate "enemies of some kind" by Team Plasma or Plasma Scientist.

Why would those "enemies" be in Decolora Islands when most likely they should be in mainland Unova.

And if Decolora Islands aren't part of Unova, why would Genesect be attacking somewhere outside of Unova. If it was destruction for LOLZ, don't you think they'd attack mainland Unova BEFORE going to Decolora Islands.

The way the trailer implies, they start attacking and destroying cities/towns CLOSE to where they escaped (if they are doing it for the hell of it) leading up to the location of where Ash and Co are.

I'm pretty sure the Decolora Islands aren't so close to the Unova Mainland to make that possible especially the location of where Genesect escaped.
    Misinterpreting my posts is not your fault, negative repping me, and getting very sensitive about my posts because you misinterpreted my posts however is your fault. Think really hard, before negative repping or making a big deal about my posts. I don't appreciate being negative repped for reasons that are a result of misinterpreting my posts.

Since they were made in the (exploded) P2 Lab, they've logically been solo for quite a while. Logically they've been places far from there.

And either the enemy in question is Mewtwo (lord knows how) or they decided that they'd nuke a sanctuary because they're jerks of the highest calibur.

The "enemies" could be as broad as "humans" to "anything and everything".
    Shokotan: "And then, in Extremespeed Genesect: The Awakening of Mewtwo, we meet another Mewtwo!"
    Good for you Yuyama. Too bad you've singlehandedly torpedoed any lingering respect I and anyone else had for you.

Since they were made in the (exploded) P2 Lab, they've logically been solo for quite a while. Logically they've been places far from there.
    Not sure how that explains the Genesect episode coming up, unless it's Colress talking to N about it and they show up in flashback mode.

And either the enemy in question is Mewtwo (lord knows how) or they decided that they'd nuke a sanctuary because they're jerks of the highest calibur.

The "enemies" could be as broad as "humans" to "anything and everything".
    Which means it doesn't make any sense they'd show up in the Decolora Islands.

Because:

1. If there destroying everything in sight, there would be a bigger role of that within the anime, about reports of 5 Pokemon-like creatures attacking everything and some kind of story.

2. They still wouldn't have any reason to go to a place that currently does not exist. You just don't create a character, shove it off somewhere, have other character go to a location that has NOTHING to do with the previous character, and have it make any sense for it to show up.

That's like creating Celebi within Johto, send Ash to Hoenn, and yet that same Celebi created in Johto just so happens to be in the movie that should take place in Hoenn but is actually Johto, despite the tv series having nothing to do with Celebi at all during THAT time.

They probably planned the whole island thing ages ago, so they could just set the Genesect to go the islands and have them do whatever until the movie.

And based on what we know, it seems almost certain that Genesect is only present via flashback in the Colress and Meowth episode.

they decided that they'd nuke a sanctuary because they're jerks of the highest calibur.
    After giving it some more thought, I don't think they want to mindlessly nuke the sanctuary...

What is the sanctuary? A place full of Pokemon, of course.
    What were the Genesects shown doing after blowing stuff up? Building a nest.

It's not hard to put two and two together; they went there because it would make an excellent feeding ground.

Well, OK, maybe nuking was a poor choice of words, turning it into their own demented private Safari Zone might be more accurate.

Quote Originally Posted by Joltik-Kid View Post
    As bad of planning as that was, it still took place in the same arc, like all the other movies
    Exactly, so it will take place in the N and Plasma arc, not the islands arc .
    Proud claimer of Cyndaquil and Ezio Auditore from Assassin's Creed !!
    Also proud claimer of Assassin's Creed 2 the game!!
    Just became the proud claimer of the Marvel's Agent's of S.H.I.E.L.D. TV show ^_^!!!

Quote Originally Posted by 1rkhachatryan View Post
    Exactly, so it will take place in the N and Plasma arc, not the islands arc .
    I love how you don't both to read the post where I corrected my mistake... next thing you'll tell me is the Mewtwo movie took place during the Orange Island season
    3DS code:1048-8163-5480
    Why exactly can't Ash get this little guy?
    "I already told you, I don't mind playing the bad guy every once in a while."~ Sonic the Hedgehog

I love how you don't both to read the post where I corrected my mistake... next thing you'll tell me is the Mewtwo movie took place during the Orange Island season
    Battle for the Badge: September 17, 1998

The first movie: July 18, 1998

The first OI episode: Japan on February 4, 1999

Um what??
    Just became the proud claimer of the Marvel's Agent's of S.H.I.E.L.D. TV show ^_^!!!

Um what??
    Exactly... just cause Genesect get's introduced in the N season doesn't mean it's involved in it
    "I already told you, I don't mind playing the bad guy every once in a while."~ Sonic the Hedgehog

Exactly... just cause Genesect get's introduced in the N season doesn't mean it's involved in it
    The first movie corresponded with it's anime episode and arc. So should this movie.

The first movie corresponded with it's anime episode and arc. So should this movie.
    No, it really shouldn't... that's both confusing and bad plot writing. I know they're only allowed to produce movies in July, but if that's the case, clearly making a 14 episode season is not the right way to go

No, it really shouldn't... that's both confusing and bad plot writing. I know they're only allowed to produce movies in July, but if that's the case, clearly making a 14 episode season is not the right way to go
    How?? Not every movie is cannon and the ones that are specifically introduced in the anime are. Making it be in a completely different arc that has nothing to do with them would be just as bad in terms of plot.

How?? Not every movie is cannon and the ones that are specifically introduced in the anime are. Making it be in a completely different arc that has nothing to do with them would be just as bad in terms of plot.
    Not at all. We only need a foreshadowing of Genesect in the anime. Then the movie can explain with a flashback how TP were involved in their creation and Genesect can attack the place where Ash and co. are anime-wise around July 13. It's the most likely thing given what we know and you know it.

I know you want team changes and that's why you are arguing. But imagine this: It'd be completely bad and confusing for people if we have Oshawott evolving into Dewott in May, and then he is a Oshawott again in July. Or if we have Charizard leaving Ash before Dekorora Islands, and then suddenly he is with Ash in the movie again. Or if we have Pignite evolve into Emboar and being Pignite in the movie. I think I've made my point clear. It would just be stupid to do so. It'd be like Snow Way out chapter , that had Charmander when it have already evolved into Charizard. But that's a dub error that messed the dates of the episodes, the writers won't do that. Just get over it.

Um what??
    Just to clarify for those confused by that. Battle for the Badge was intended to air before July as a "teaser" to the movie. However, the Porygon episode put the show on a 3 month hiatus so things got delayed

Quote Originally Posted by Serebii View Post
    Just to clarify for those confused by that. Battle for the Badge was intended to air before July as a "teaser" to the movie. However, the Porygon episode put the show on a 3 month hiatus so things got delayed
    Well that makes it even more clear.

Also seriously not everybody watches the movie. And the writers have made it pretty clear that it is an anime tie in. If you know anything about the anime or watch it, you won't be confused. And if you don't, then it doesn't matter anyways to you.

Well that makes it even more clear.

Also seriously not everybody watches the movie. And the writers have made it pretty clear that it is an anime tie in. If you know anything about the anime or watch it, you won't be confused. And if you don't, then it doesn't matter anyways to you.
    But an anime tie in doesn't mean it has to happen in a more "serious" atmosphere. We can have Genesect's foreshadowing in N arc and then the movie in a city on one of the Islands where they'll be by that time. It doesn't matter how much people watch the movies, they haven't done that before.
    They've never put a pokemon in a different stage or a pokemon that isn't in the cast anymore in a movie. They always make movies consistent with the anime around the time it airs. And there's no reason for it to change. Seriously, why do you want team changes so bad? It's not like we ain't getting none for sure anyway, they could still happen after the movie or a capture before the movie. But don't make up those ridiculous theory.

I don't expect any evolutions or captures before the movie, but the movie being set before the new saga doesn't seem unlikely at all. Ash's character biography on the movie website says that he is traveling Unova, while the setting of the new saga is the Dekorora Islands. Why wouldn't Ash's biography just say that? Even if they didn't want to reveal the new setting a week ago, they still didn't have to mention Unova.

Also, some of you are forgetting the fact that Movie 15 did not correlate with Season 2. The absence of Dawn, Meloetta and old Pokémon (outside the short, which was a continuity mess) proved that much.

My take is even if the movie is set in this arc, they won't try to confuse people, Snivy, Pignite and Oshawott aren't evolving before it.

So I guess this movie does take place during Episode N. In Da! they are traveling to Kanto but in Ash's bio for the movie it still mentions that he is traveling Unova.
    To right the countless wrongs of our day, we shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise. What a wonderful world such would be...

Quote Originally Posted by diakyu View Post
    So I guess this movie does take place during Episode N. In Da! they are traveling to Kanto but in Ash's bio for the movie it still mentions that he is traveling Unova.
    Well to be fair, the season of the dub that the da islands are taking place in is "Adventures in unova", which doesnt make sense.
    My first shiny ever caught!

Named Admiral Sentret

Quote Originally Posted by yuoke View Post
    Well to be fair, the season of the dub that the da islands are taking place in is "Adventures in unova", which doesnt make sense.
    The "Galactic Battles" and "Sinnoh League Victors" titles didn't make much sense, either.

Page 119 of 247 FirstFirst ... 1969109115116117118119120121122123129169219 ... LastLast