Page 124 of 247 FirstFirst ... 2474114120121122123124125126127128134174224 ... LastLast
Results 3,076 to 3,100 of 6162

Thread: Movie 16 - ExtremeSpeed Genesect & The Awakening of Mewtwo - FIRST DETAILS

Quote Originally Posted by Haunter227 View Post
    Possibly, or they might do what they did in Movie 3.
    That's pretty unlikely, considering the only reason he told oak to bring charizard back is from the kanto festival, and I don't think there will be another one in new tork.....which would mean charizard would be all the way back in kanto or johto at the valley.
    My first shiny ever caught!

Named Admiral Sentret

Quote Originally Posted by yuoke View Post
    That's pretty unlikely, considering the only reason he told oak to bring charizard back is from the kanto festival, and I don't think there will be another one in new tork.....which would mean charizard would be all the way back in kanto or johto at the valley.
    Agreed.

It's the whole reason the whole placement of Movie 16 has taken place, because it's controversial.

Agreed.

It's the whole reason the whole placement of Movie 16 has taken place, because it's controversial.
    Yep, but then I guess thinking about it, only charizard and the fact that it states that the movie takes place in unova are the only problems, unless you also think oshawott is evolving. Although it hasn't been officially confirmed that charizard will leave rigjt after ep N.

Named Admiral Sentret

Quote Originally Posted by 1rkhachatryan View Post
    Really?? And why is that??
    Can you explain the entire devolvution process to me ._.?
    3DS code:1048-8163-5480
    Why exactly can't Ash get this little guy?
    "I already told you, I don't mind playing the bad guy every once in a while."~ Sonic the Hedgehog

Quote Originally Posted by Joltik-Kid View Post
    Can you explain the entire devolvution process to me ._.?
    Well concidering the movie is set BEFORE the new arc, no one is devolving. All they have to say is that they are in Unova for the movie, effectively confirming to the general public that the movie they are about to see has no effect on the new arc as it is set in the previous one.
    Proud claimer of Cyndaquil and Ezio Auditore from Assassin's Creed !!
    Also proud claimer of Assassin's Creed 2 the game!!
    Just became the proud claimer of the Marvel's Agent's of S.H.I.E.L.D. TV show ^_^!!!

Well concidering the movie is set BEFORE the new arc, no one is devolving.
    Ok I haven't paid any attention to the new movie all I know is that Genesect appears in the show too I just wanna know where it was mentioned and confirmed that the movie is happening before the new storyarc.

Quote Originally Posted by Asuka View Post
    Ok I haven't paid any attention to the new movie all I know is that Genesect appears in the show too I just wanna know where it was mentioned and confirmed that the movie is happening before the new storyarc.
    I'll let Dman explain since he words it much better then me:

"No, I'm pretty sure that because Genesect is related to Team Plasma, and Team Plasma is ONLY in Episode N, which is WHY people think Genesect movie takes place in Episode N.

I don't know why people are trying so hard to argue that the timeline takes place in DA.

Did anyone not pay attention to my argument that this is the last generational movie, and my argument about how the last generational movies are less likely to fit in with the timeline of the current anime, depending of course on what's happening during that time.

This is the first time, that the Japanese have opted out of having "seasons" and "arcs" and all of that stuff, it's even less likely to correlate with the actual anime, because of how storyline "jumpy" the Japanese are being. "
    Just became the proud claimer of the Marvel's Agent's of S.H.I.E.L.D. TV show ^_^!!!

I think we're going to get another appearance by Genesect in the main anime before this movie. One of the scans that initially revealed its anime appearance had what appeared to be an image of a scene that didn't happen in today's episode.

It hasn't been.

(Banner by Matori)
    Beyond all ideals, the truth shall set you free...
    Most Recent: 18: Winter of Discontent
    Next: The Weight of the World (Part 1)

The steps on the road to the truth.
    The Firestorm Rebellion
    The Victory Star of Fate

Glacidia Network - The Home for Fanworks
    Best Wishes appreciation blog

Quote Originally Posted by The Great Butler View Post
    I think we're going to get another appearance by Genesect in the main anime before this movie. One of the scans that initially revealed its anime appearance had what appeared to be an image of a scene that didn't happen in today's episode.
    Which scan? Genesect's appearance was first divulged by CoroCoro in January, and the pictures used were clearly from the recent episode.

Quote Originally Posted by Kein View Post
    Which scan? Genesect's appearance was first divulged by CoroCoro in January, and the pictures used were clearly from the recent episode.
    You're right, that's the one. The color distortion in the scenes on that scan threw me off, and I thought it looked like the Genesect rampaging around a fountain of some kind.

Mea culpa, suggestion withdrawn.

(Banner by Matori)

The Firestorm Rebellion
    The Victory Star of Fate

No matter when this takes place, one season isn't gonna have a movie like it's been done in the past. Unless this somehow incorporates both EN and DA
    "I already told you, I don't mind playing the bad guy every once in a while."~ Sonic the Hedgehog

No matter when this takes place, one season isn't gonna have a movie like it's been done in the past. Unless this somehow incorporates both EN and DA
    It could incorporate both if it said they were in the islands instead of unova, and if charizard wasn't there.

Named Admiral Sentret

You mean one of the dub seasons? The dub will be fine.

Black and White - Movie 14.
    BW Rival Destinies - Movie 15.
    BW Adventures in Unova - Movie 16.

If you're talking about the Japanese Version however, you're mistaking things slightly. Neither Episode N or DA are Seasons.

Episode N is only an arc (and a small one at that with only 14 Episodes), and remember that not even every episode is relevant to the actual Plasma story (11). Best Wishes DA is an arc, but we know it's going to continue until the end of Best Wishes so that will equal roughly 20 - 25 episodes so that definetly takes more priority.

Regardless though, the Movie is going to air during DA so yeah that arc will have a Movie whilst Episode N won't. We've had hundreds of mini-arcs in the anime before without a movie, but i'm assuming that the fact Episode N has been labelled, advertised and treated as a Season that this is why you've mentioned it.

You mean one of the dub seasons? The dub will be fine.

Black and White - Movie 14.
    BW Rival Destinies - Movie 15.
    BW Adventures in Unova - Movie 16.

If you're talking about the Japanese Version however, you're mistaking things slightly. Neither Episode N or DA are Seasons.

Episode N is only an arc (and a small one at that with only 14 Episodes), and remember that not even every episode is relevant to the actual Plasma story (11). Best Wishes DA is an arc, but we know it's going to continue until the end of Best Wishes so that will equal roughly 20 - 25 episodes so that definetly takes more priority.

Regardless though, the Movie is going to air during DA so yeah that arc will have a Movie whilst Episode N won't. We've had hundreds of mini-arcs in the anime before without a movie, but i'm assuming that the fact Episode N has been labelled, advertised and treated as a Season that this is why you've mentioned it.
    The dubs title makes no sense though in the long run unless DA really is considered apart of Unova

And yes, I just assumed Episode N was considered a season, even though it's short
    Last edited by Joltik-Kid; 29th March 2013 at 7:43 PM.

Did you even read what I wrote to you??

Did you even read what I wrote to you??
    Yup and it has nothing to do with the sentence you just quoted :P Episode N gets this movie, nothing for DA then, DA get's this movie, Episode N was only the set up then

The dubs title makes no sense though in the long run unless DA really is considered apart of Unova
    Agreed but regardless Movie 16 will air in that particular dub season.

And yes, I just assumed Episode N was considered a season, even though it's short
    Yeah, it's simply an arc and I recall the first few advertisements even stated it was only an arc.

Yup and it has nothing to do with the sentence you just quoted :P Episode N gets this movie, nothing for DA then, DA get's this movie, Episode N was only the set up then
    No 20 some odd episode arc needs to have a movie, considering there are 52 weeks in a year.

Since 20 episodes, is approximately 20 weeks, it's obvious that if this trend of storyline jumps continue into 6th gen, depending on the placement, one or more arcs may not actually have a movie.

And I don't see the problem, I have no idea why the movie needs to fit in with the timeline, especially if it's last generational movie.

If this was the 1st and 2nd generational movie, then fine feel free to argue where it's placed in the anime but why the last movie of the generation.

Isn't it more important that this movie actually takes place during Best Wishes 2, does it really matter that it's connected to a certain section of Best Wishes 2.

It's too easy, and lazy to argue that it fits in with the timeline. However you have to consider that not everyone sees the movies, and perhaps those who do see the movies, don't necessarily keep up with the anime. And those who do both, who can afford to do both, don't need to have a special timeline. Do little kids, the market audience, do they care about the timeline of where the movie is. Do you think they are really going to notice that hypothetically Ash has a Dewott in the anime, but an Oshawott in the movies, especially given all the arguments of Oshawott's marketability, if there is a serious drop in Oshawott merchandise, what do you think is going to happen to the sales if the movie has Oshawott in it and not Dewott.

And what if Ash returns Charizard to the Charicific Valley at the end of Episode N, and casually uses it in the movie as if he had the whole time.

And think about it storyline wise, Genesect are programmed to be vicious and destructive, we saw this in the anime in the last episode, and we see this in the movie.

Explain to me why it makes any sense for these LONG periods of time to occur where no one is noticing Genesect until we hit New Tork City in regards with the movie. And yes I get that the movie is primarily the focus of Genesect, and the anime was building up, but even still, it makes no sense.

And keeping in mind Unova is based on New York City, while the Decolora Islands are an anime only location, that may very well be rather disconnected from Unova even if it's still part of it. Think of Hawaii for the United States.

Does it make any sense for New Tork City to be in the island archipelago of Unova OR the Unova mainland?
    Misinterpreting my posts is not your fault, negative repping me, and getting very sensitive about my posts because you misinterpreted my posts however is your fault. Think really hard, before negative repping or making a big deal about my posts. I don't appreciate being negative repped for reasons that are a result of misinterpreting my posts.

"Well concidering the movie is set BEFORE the new arc, no one is devolving. All they have to say is that they are in Unova for the movie, effectively confirming to the general public that the movie they are about to see has no effect on the new arc as it is set in the previous one."

It's not that complicated.

Agreed but regardless Movie 16 will air in that particular dub season.
    Oh yeah, I get that much

Yeah, it's simply an arc and I recall the first few advertisements even stated it was only an arc.
    Yeah, since this is still Best Wishes 2

Quote Originally Posted by The Great Butler View Post
    It hasn't been.
    Ah ok good because I didn't read any thing about that and I wasn't sure that there was really confirmation that the movie takes place during Episode N and not DA! I'm just looking forward to seeing Mewtwo again because he's my favourite Gen 1 legendary Pokemon and Genesect is an added bonus.

I will try to end this discussion with this:

-The Movie is technically confirmed that it will be located in Episode N because Genesect is featured in Episode N and it's (more probably) located in the timeline of the anime NOW between yesterday's and next week's episode. We know it:
    -Because the Genesect army appears in Episode N and it's related to Episode N. Apart that Genesect is related to Team Plasma.
    -Because the movie is set in Unova. The Decolora Islands aren't.
    -Because the pokemon featured are the stars of Episode N.

It's true that the movie takes place in Episode N and it makes sense that it could be changes in Ash's team until the movie. But you shouldn't expect Oshawott evolving or leaving in the upcoming episode because we don't expect to take out BW 2nd most popular pokemon out of the anime in Japan. In fact, Oshawott has possibilities to stay on the XY roster only because their popularity alone.

However, we don't know why the movie is locaqted early. It could be because the wroldwide release ut we aren't sure.

About Dephender/Adamant, first and all he is a pokemon fan like any of us and he can make mistakes, specially if aparrently is broekn a pattern that have lasted for years. For example, Dephender said that Naruto is for the same target audience as Pokemon (oups), that the Team Rocket vs Team Plasma episodes were almost confirmed to air in some point, to name two of them.

It's true that Dephender knows things that many of us aren't but in this case, the evidence says that the movie is located in Episode N timeline.

Two last things:
    -Movie 15 is situated in Best Wishes 1 between two unscrapped episodes (this mean that the movie was made thinking that Season 1 will still air whent he mvoie comes out).

And if a post deals with evolution, it should be made in the Capture/Evolution/Release Speculation thread,. not there. This is the thread to discuss the Genesect movie, not the thread to discuss changes in their teams. If you think that Oshawott could evolve in the upcoming Oshawott episode, discuss in the Oshawott episode thread.
    Last edited by Eievui-Nymphia; 29th March 2013 at 10:45 PM.

Ah ok good because I didn't read any thing about that and I wasn't sure that there was really confirmation that the movie takes place during Episode N and not DA!
    I would wait for the movie site to update with new details since that's the most reliable source of information that we have if I remember correctly. Unless the comic comes out first, although I've heard that the comics often differ slightly from the movies. Anyway, anything that doesn't come from an official source is just speculation tbh.

Anyway, I'm thirsty for new information about this movie because as things stand, I can't get into it. Neither Genesect or Mewtwo are what I would consider to be good Pokemon, and although the setting looks interesting, I'm kind of over the hype at this point. I want to see some new characters or something in order to get back into the hype.

Quote Originally Posted by fer92 View Post
    I will try to end this discussion with this:
    Good luck.

-The Movie is technically confirmed that it will be located in Episode N because Genesect is featured in Episode N and it's (more probably) located in the timeline of the anime NOW between yesterday's and next week's episode. We know it:
    -Because the Genesect army appears in Episode N and it's related to Episode N. Apart that Genesect is related to Team Plasma.
    -Because the movie is set in Unova. The Decolora Islands aren't.
    -Because the pokemon featured are the stars of Episode N.
    And, as what's already been stated a million times, these are all subjected to change.

Yes, it's common sense to believe the Movie takes place in Episode N, but unfortunately we don't have any solid evidence whatsoever.

We've had changes in advertisements to the movies before so it's pointless taking in everything as 100%, despite how obvious it may seem.

In fact, Oshawott has possibilities to stay on the XY roster only because their popularity alone.
    Hence why Dawn and Piplup stayed in Best Wishes, right?

It's possible, but unlikely since we've seen popular Pokemon eventually get shafted (i.e Charizard being a major example alongside Piplup).

About Dephender/Adamant, first and all he is a pokemon fan like any of us and he can make mistakes, specially if aparrently is broekn a pattern that have lasted for years.
    Mentioning him is irrelevant, in-fact this is unnecessary and spoiled your little discussion about the movie placement by changing the subject.

Anyway, yes mistakes are made and if I remember correctly i've seen him make one or two before which was very minor, but it seems you have something against him since i've seen you mention him before on a frequent basis when quite frankly he's a well respected member here at Serebii because of how legit the information he informs us with is. If you're trying to compete or something you're a long long long way off.

For example, Dephender said that Naruto is for the same target audience as Pokemon (oups), that the Team Rocket vs Team Plasma episodes were almost confirmed to air in some point, to name two of them.
    The TR vs TP episodes were confirmed to air at some point by a few places.

Just because those places told us incorrect information doesn't mean that the person informing us of this information is wrong.

Two last things:
    -Movie 15 is situated in Best Wishes 1 between two unscrapped episodes (this mean that the movie was made thinking that Season 1 will still air whent he mvoie comes out).
    Nope.

Movie 14 hadn't even aired at that point.

Like all movies, Movie 15 had plenty of time to change, and will have changed and adjusted around the events of the postponing. Movie 15 is exactly how it was planned to be, in Best Wishes 2.

And if a post deals with evolution, it should be made in the Capture/Evolution/Release Speculation thread,. not there. This is the thread to discuss the Genesect movie, not the thread to discuss changes in their teams. If you think that Oshawott could evolve in the upcoming Oshawott episode, discuss in the Oshawott episode thread.
    Don't act like a mod.

If an evolution happened in a particular episode and people spoke about it in the episode thread, you wouldn't tell somebody to talk about it in the Capture/Evolution/Release thread now would you?

Quote Originally Posted by yuoke View Post
    It could incorporate both if it said they were in the islands instead of unova, and if charizard wasn't there.
    When was it confirmed Charizard is leaving after Chapter of N?

(Banner by Matori)

The Firestorm Rebellion
    The Victory Star of Fate

Page 124 of 247 FirstFirst ... 2474114120121122123124125126127128134174224 ... LastLast