Page 129 of 247 FirstFirst ... 2979119125126127128129130131132133139179229 ... LastLast
Results 3,201 to 3,225 of 6162

Thread: Movie 16 - ExtremeSpeed Genesect & The Awakening of Mewtwo - FIRST DETAILS

Quote Originally Posted by Doryuzu View Post
    Pretty much this, people are having a "nostalgia shock."
    Never mind the fact that his becoming something beyond what Team Rocket programmed him as fits perfectly into his story as the next step of his progress. Instead of merely showing up to shoot his lasers at Genesect and be a badass, they're actually moving his story forward with this movie, which is encouraging.

He looks like a DBZ character now? People always compared him to one anyway!

And HR Giger's designs from Alien? Screw that, he's Giger's aliens from Species now. Good luck getting THAT out of your head. /runs

(Banner by Matori)
    Beyond all ideals, the truth shall set you free...
    Most Recent: 18: Winter of Discontent
    Next: The Weight of the World (Part 1)

The steps on the road to the truth.
    The Firestorm Rebellion
    The Victory Star of Fate

Glacidia Network - The Home for Fanworks
    Best Wishes appreciation blog

I like the design unlike the majority, plus I hope M16 can delve deeper and progress through Mewtwo's story. Although I can't say if it's real or fake since its hard to tell the difference, since the last movie had nigh similar posters alongside.

Quote Originally Posted by Doryuzu View Post
    Pretty much this, people are having a "nostalgia shock." Because of the possibility GF "dared" to change their childhood.
    I agree with this statement, but at the same time I disagree.

Not every single past Pokemon should be tampered with, the same thing happens when past generation Pokemon gain pre-evolutions/evolutions. Half of them just don't feel necessery.

I suppose in a sense Mewtwo can be viewed as another form of Mew, the only difference being they're separate Pokemon. Mewtwo gaining another forme seems unnecessary since it was called the 'strongest Pokemon' at one time of day, and it never turned into this forme in both of it's appearances. We may have never seen Mewtwo at his last stand (Mewtwo Returns? Not in a full blown battle) and this is what unlocks his new forme, but saying all of this how exactly does Mewtwo, a genetically created Pokemon give itself a new forme?

It all just seems a little crazy.

Anyway, i'm not against a new forme, I just want it to be a good forme with a good explanation and reasoning.

Quote Originally Posted by The Great Butler View Post
    Instead of merely showing up to shoot his lasers at Genesect and be a badass, they're actually moving his story forward with this movie, which is encouraging.
    But they don't need a new Forme to move Mewtwo's story forward, and let's not forget that this is Game Freak's decision, which is to say that if anything it's the game story that inspired this. I don't mind the idea of a new Forme (hopefully it has a better design than the rumored one), but I just hope that it has nothing to do with Mewtwo becoming a stronger "badass", because that is certainly not what it needs.
    Last edited by Kein; 4th April 2013 at 1:03 AM.

Purple Kecleon could barely copy Sugimori's style to pull off the Shaymin hoax, so it's next to impossible that she actually perfectly emulated the anime style, especially with a Mewtwo whose design has already been changed (the eyes) and barely shown off yet.
    Keep in mind that the Shaymin hoax was pulled off in the 2008... exactly five years ago. An artist can improve his/her drawing and painting capacities dramatically in said period, especially artists who work for several hours a day.

So no, it's not "next to impossible". Just really, really hard. And besides... who says that the same artist who drew the Shaymin drew this poster? It could very well be another more expert and anonymous artist.
    MY MAIN FANFICS

Super Smash Bros Clash: 6 chapters, ongoing | Pokémon Best Wishes Reloaded: 3 episodes, ongoing

Self-made claimer of AntennaShipping {Meguri the Moogle (Original Character / Final Fantasy) x Captain Olimar (Pikmin)}
    and SteakShipping {Ness (MOTHER 2 / Earthbound) x Doremi (Ojamajo Doremi)}

Quote Originally Posted by Haunter227 View Post
    I suppose in a sense Mewtwo can be viewed as another form of Mew [...] how exactly does Mewtwo, a genetically created Pokemon give itself a new forme?
    [...] I just want it to be a good forme with a good explanation and reasoning.
    Well, Mew can change its form at will, so maybe Mewtwo had this ability deep inside him all the time and over time it rose up.
    Mewtwo is not a copy-paste clone of Mew, so this power has a different efect on him.
    To put it short: Mewtwo does have in his genes the ability to transform.

Quote Originally Posted by Ruinionburger View Post
    Well, Mew can change its form at will, so maybe Mewtwo had this ability deep inside him all the time and over time it rose up.
    Mewtwo is not a copy-paste clone of Mew, so this power has a different efect on him.
    To put it short: Mewtwo does have in his genes the ability to transform.
    That actually makes sense. It could be.
    MY MAIN FANFICS

Super Smash Bros Clash: 6 chapters, ongoing | Pokémon Best Wishes Reloaded: 3 episodes, ongoing

Self-made claimer of AntennaShipping {Meguri the Moogle (Original Character / Final Fantasy) x Captain Olimar (Pikmin)}
    and SteakShipping {Ness (MOTHER 2 / Earthbound) x Doremi (Ojamajo Doremi)}

Quote Originally Posted by Kein View Post
    But they don't need a new Forme to move Mewtwo's story forward, and let's not forget that this is Game Freak's decision, which is to say that if anything it's the game story that inspired this. I don't mind the idea of a new Forme (although it has a better design the rumored one), but I just hope that it has nothing to do with Mewtwo becoming a stronger "badass", because that is certainly not what it needs.
    I don't think you read what I wrote last night. Every piece of material we've been given regarding Mewtwo's role shows that he still doesn't know what place he has in the world, and hasn't grown much since Mewtwo Returns. The new forme is literally him coming to finally accept who he is by finding something in himself that Team Rocket didn't give him. Will it make him able to overcome Genesect? Of course. But as far as his story goes it has nothing to do with his strength or being a badass, which the reactions here seem to indicate most people only wanted him here for.

As far as the games go, we can't really say yet why it exists because we know little about the new games yet. XY may have a genetics theme, which may very well mean a new Mewtwo forme will have a story, but it could just as well be something largely ornamental like Resolute Forme Keldeo or (worse) Spiky-Ear Pichu.

(Banner by Matori)
    Beyond all ideals, the truth shall set you free...
    Most Recent: 18: Winter of Discontent
    Next: The Weight of the World (Part 1)

The steps on the road to the truth.
    The Firestorm Rebellion
    The Victory Star of Fate

Glacidia Network - The Home for Fanworks
    Best Wishes appreciation blog

I don't think you read what I wrote last night. Every piece of material we've been given regarding Mewtwo's role shows that he still doesn't know what place he has in the world, and hasn't grown much since Mewtwo Returns. The new forme is literally him coming to finally accept who he is by finding something in himself that Team Rocket didn't give him.
    I read what you wrote. What I disagree with is the underlying assumption that Mewtwo's maturity has to manifest as physical change. It absolutely doesn't, but I suppose there is no harm in it.

I'm going to openly say right now, I'm really not fond of this possible new Mewtwo form. Though I don't hate it, the design just doesn't appeal to me. I can start liking it more though, if it is real, if they give it a good reason for existing. If they just randomly give Mewtwo a new form, I'll just start disliking it more.

I've also noticed a few people think Purple Kecleon might be responsible if it's a hoax. I follow her Tumblr, and she's openly said she doesn't want it to be real. Just figuring I should mention that, so if anyone else thinks it's another hoax from her.

Name: Specter
    Adopt one yourself! @Pokémon Orphanage

My signature is so empty now.

Look at the bright side if Mewtwo really gets a new form...then the title of the most powerful pokemon return around his waist!

Quote Originally Posted by spikyearedpichu View Post
    Look at the bright side if Mewtwo really gets a new form...then the title of the most powerful pokemon return around his waist!
    Except there is no "Most Powerful Pokemon,"

Yes that is a Female Dino Charge Red. It's a FanFic thing
    3DS FC: 3995-6518-0794

Quote Originally Posted by rocky505 View Post
    Except there is no "Most Powerful Pokemon,"
    Well Serebii proof you wrong!! xD

BTW - Did anyone noticed in the japanese movie site...there are two hexagonal under Mewtwo?

BTW - Did anyone noticed in the japanese movie site...there are two hexagonal under Mewtwo?
    On any given day, Arceus loses to Mewtwo and Mewtwo loses to Genesect... so base stat totals don't mean your better then something else
    3DS code:1048-8163-5480
    Why exactly can't Ash get this little guy?
    "I already told you, I don't mind playing the bad guy every once in a while."~ Sonic the Hedgehog

Proved. And that means absolutely nothing to the anime.

Also, that's from DP, not BW.

There's also five more around it.

Ugh guys I'm not a nostalgia person but that "form" of Mewtwo is hideous. >.<;;; I personally hope it's a fake. ^^;

EDIT: Pretty sure it's fake guys, there's no art for it on Pixiv Half serious, half not.
    Last edited by JennaJayfeather; 4th April 2013 at 3:35 AM.

“...This is a tricky problem, huh. I really, really want to see the other Heroes... and if it works out, I want to make friends with them! If I made friends with six Heroes, I’d be an awesome mage! We could even conquer the world!”
    -Flatt Escardos, Fate Strange Fake
    3DS Friend Code: 1306-5187-6204
    tumblr|fanfiction

Very good point.

Also let me post this, if you see oshawott have been moved to match Ash elbow and dragonite also have been moved!!

If Mewtwo does have to have different forms....which it really really doesn't need them, I'm willing to accept them. Accept does not mean to like. I will accept them...as long as they don't look like that.
    † I am a Christian and proud of it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†

Credit goes to FairyWitch at Flower Paradise Graphics

Fanfic Status: Currently postponed-- Kingdom Hearts: Memories' Reflection. Last updated 8/17/13

Yeah, the new form looks hideous to say the least. Hopefully, it is proven fake then again I don't know how the cookie will crumble.

3DS XL Friend Code: 2036-7872-1965
    .: DA | Tumblr | MAL :.

I think the alleged new form looks great. What's with all the complaining?
    Last edited by Mr.Pokeman; 4th April 2013 at 3:35 AM.

Also let me post this, if you see oshawott have been moved to match Ash elbow and dragonite also have been moved!!
    With the Keldeo posters, there's really not much of a different in background color other then added black. Also, iirc, we knew Keldeo had a new forme at that time. With these current posters, not only are the backgrounds a bit different, the "so-called" new one is not clean at all. We also have had nothing to indicate this forme change.
    Last edited by Joltik-Kid; 4th April 2013 at 3:43 AM.
    3DS code:1048-8163-5480
    Why exactly can't Ash get this little guy?
    "I already told you, I don't mind playing the bad guy every once in a while."~ Sonic the Hedgehog

I won't mind if the alleged new form is real...But I will wait for this official art!!

Quote Originally Posted by Kein View Post
    I read what you wrote. What I disagree with is the underlying assumption that Mewtwo's maturity has to manifest as physical change. It absolutely doesn't, but I suppose there is no harm in it.
    I disagree with this.

In some situations, a difference in physical appearance isn't necessary but with Mewtwo it does.

Mewtwo is the equivalent of a goth-like person who hates themselves and other people because that person isn't a cheerleader, or jock or some really popular personality, and doesn't look like those things, you know typically being unattractive.

Mewtwo needs it's appearance to change, so it can find something new about itself, to awaken it's power to realize what it is capable of.

Simple positive attitude and compliments aren't going to do it. Mewtwo wants something that makes it stand out, to make it not like some distorted clone of Mew.

Which can only be done by altering it's appearance.

It's why certain forms exist, in some cases it's just altering appearances based on where the Pokemon is, it's natural reaction to the various enviornments.

But primarily form change is about altering the Pokemon on some level. Even as pointless as Keldeo's Resolute form it signifies maturity, it signifies it's full strength (even if there are no changes in stats).

It's the same with Mewtwo. An awakening of it's true power, that can only be manifested through physical change, because physical change allows things that it's normal form isn't capable of.

I don't know why it's taken so long, and clearly back then form changes weren't feasible, my guess is because of the potential DNA theme X and Y, is why Mewtwo does have a potential form change, any other generation wouldn't have worked.

But a generation with potential DLC to expand on the storyline and stuff, it's a lot more reasonable to change Mewtwo now, and it does make sense.
    Misinterpreting my posts is not your fault, negative repping me, and getting very sensitive about my posts because you misinterpreted my posts however is your fault. Think really hard, before negative repping or making a big deal about my posts. I don't appreciate being negative repped for reasons that are a result of misinterpreting my posts.

Even if this forme is "ugly", i like that they are altering previous gen pokes, gives me hope we have more evos and or formes for previous gen pokemon

Page 129 of 247 FirstFirst ... 2979119125126127128129130131132133139179229 ... LastLast