Page 135 of 247 FirstFirst ... 3585125131132133134135136137138139145185235 ... LastLast
Results 3,351 to 3,375 of 6162

Thread: Movie 16 - ExtremeSpeed Genesect & The Awakening of Mewtwo - FIRST DETAILS

For the sake of Movie 16 turning out good, I hope this is Mewtwo.

If it turned out to be a seperate Pokemon, we're going to get a terrible Movie that has too many Pokemon to focus on. Movie 15 is a prime example and it felt too messy and clunky in the short period of time.

As of right now, the general plot of Movie 16 will go nicely as followed:

-Ash arrives at area, Genesect all attack.
    -Mewtwo arrives to save everyone.
    -Mewtwo fights Genesect.
    -Mewtwo loses/severely weakened.
    -Mewtwo awakens new forme and stops all the Genesect.
    -End.

If we have another co-star (MewXY) then either Mewtwo or MewXY will lack screentime or some form of glory, and if it happens to be Mewtwo then people will rage that his return was wasted (including me).

Quote Originally Posted by The Great Butler View Post
    Black Kyurem and White Kyurem were called "new Pokemon" before they were fully explained too.

I think everyone has to accept that this thing is Mewtwo. For it not to be, the explanation would have to be impossibly convoluted.
    It's amazing how people are looking for every excuse to handwave the new form off, I dare say the new form almost looks better than normal Mewtwo. People need to drop their nostalgia factor for once, this new form made me care about Mewtwo more. My interest was mainly on Genesect up until now.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkrai619 View Post
    What if gen 6 introduces the concept of Legendary Pokemon evolving? I personally like this Mewtwo forme
    So they can waste more slots on legendary pokemon instead of normal pokemon? doing it for one sure, multiple hope not.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkrai619 View Post
    What if gen 6 introduces the concept of Legendary Pokemon evolving? I personally like this Mewtwo forme
    No thanks on that. I'd prefer my legends to have forms I can choose whether to use or not.

On topic, I still think that if it is a new Pokemon, the Genesect mistake Mewtwo for it. Though it's extremely likely to be a new Mewtwo form.

Name: Specter
    Adopt one yourself! @Pokémon Orphanage

My signature is so empty now.

Quote Originally Posted by Doryuzu View Post
    People need to drop their nostalgia factor for once, this new form made me care about Mewtwo more.
    You do realize people enjoy particular things and would rather no changes, right?

Just because something is a classic and older than newer things that people enjoy doesn't mean people only view it as nostalgic.

What if gen 6 introduces the concept of Legendary Pokemon evolving?
    " Mewtwo wasn't strong enough. Let's make him EVEN STRONGER. "

The form replaces the original Mewtwo in the poster, it's pretty clear that this isn't a seperate Pokemon.

It's amazing how people are looking for every excuse to handwave the new form off, I dare say the new form almost looks better than normal Mewtwo. People need to drop their nostalgia factor for once, this new form made me care about Mewtwo more. My interest was mainly on Genesect up until now.
    For me, personally, I hate change if it's not slow and steady. This came out of left field and struck me in the temple, so naturally this pissed me off. Nostalgia may or may not play a factor with me, since we all know Mewtwo, while he is a Pokémon, is unnatural. He may have the workings of a Mew and even a Legendary, but it doesn't automatically mean he's entitled to something like this. I think it was mentioned in the games that his genetic code was pretty berserkish, so I imagine it's the same in the anime.

I would much rather have Mewtwo have a genetic meltdown than turn into a forme like this, especially if it's permanent (but from what we've gotten so far, Formes change back-and-forth depending on various circumstances). The design of it still bothers me, so as long as it's optional (even better if it is a new Pokémon), I will get over it eventually. But as of right now, I'm still not happy, and I'm still scared about it.

Either way, I'm worried about the movie now. We got a promise for Mewtwo to show up, they had better stuck to it.
    Winner of Best Pokémon/Pokémon Fic of 2013 in the Shipping Oscars
    Current Chapter: Chapter Ten - 3/17/14 / Current: Last Chance - 11/3/11 - Chapter 20 progress: 75%
    I survived Pupa.

So, in a gameplay aspect, what does Mewtwo suck at? He's nearly powerful in all areas unless I'm missing something.

Tea time during war is serious business, you know.
    Wii U: AuraGuyChris
    Youtube Channel - Hyrule Warriors (Hard)

Chapter 219: An Alien Friend in Need - Complete!

I dare say the new form almost looks better than normal Mewtwo.
    Almost? No, it does look better indeed.

wonder if Techno Blast is reponsible for the dna change

Quote Originally Posted by Kutie Pie View Post
    For me, personally, I hate change if it's not slow and steady. This came out of left field and struck me in the temple, so naturally this pissed me off. Nostalgia may or may not play a factor with me, since we all know Mewtwo, while he is a Pokémon, is unnatural. He may have the workings of a Mew and even a Legendary, but it doesn't automatically mean he's entitled to something like this. I think it was mentioned in the games that his genetic code was pretty berserkish, so I imagine it's the same in the anime.
    I know you hate change, you told me once before you simply despise Unova and Gen V. :/ I realize these are your feelings on the matter but this Pokemon clearly is Mewtwo, it's just time to accept it and move on. A lot of people like this form, believe it or not. I, for one, think it looks pretty cool and like it due to seeing the Sugimori art. But it's in the same exact spot as Mewtwo in the poster, it's obvious this is the very same Pokemon. Staying in denial isn't gonna change that.
    I would much rather have Mewtwo have a genetic meltdown than turn into a forme like this, especially if it's permanent (but from what we've gotten so far, Formes change back-and-forth depending on various circumstances). The design of it still bothers me, so as long as it's optional (even better if it is a new Pokémon), I will get over it eventually. But as of right now, I'm still not happy, and I'm still scared about it.
    Why so dramatic? You're not forced to use it, just like you aren't forced to use Resolute Keldeo for example. I guareentee if Keldeo was in Gen 1 and got a Resolute forme in Gen V people would rage.

Either way, I'm worried about the movie now. We got a promise for Mewtwo to show up, they had better stuck to it.
    Mewtwo is gonna be in the movie, because that most likely is Mewtwo. The Pokemon who will oppose Genesect and the two main star Pokemon.

Quote Originally Posted by Nyarlathotep View Post

Hehe, I'll need some fanart to seal the deal for sure. Fanart makes everything better. ^^ Just look at me and a certain new Water-type :P

Quote Originally Posted by AuraChannelerChris View Post
    So, in a gameplay aspect, what does Mewtwo suck at? He's nearly powerful in all areas unless I'm missing something.
    There are some people who think his defenses suck, which they really don't. That's what some complaints have been about :/
    † I am a Christian and proud of it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†

Credit goes to FairyWitch at Flower Paradise Graphics

Fanfic Status: Currently postponed-- Kingdom Hearts: Memories' Reflection. Last updated 8/17/13

It's typing is mediocre and there are a lot of Special Walls in Ubers.

I realize these are your feelings on the matter but this Pokemon clearly is Mewtwo, it's just time to accept it and move on. A lot of people like this form, believe it or not. I, for one, think it looks pretty cool and like it due to seeing the Sugimori art. But it's in the same exact spot as Mewtwo in the poster, it's obvious this is the very same Pokemon. Staying in denial isn't gonna change that.
    I know there are people who like it, but there are plenty who don't. It looks neat in action, I can agree to it, I just can't get over how dumb the design looks. It disturbs me, and I'm still trying to make sense of everything. With Mewtwo, even with the secondary cord, he looks normal. While we haven't exactly gotten an explanation for the cord, there's believable theories about it, like there's one that it's for transferring blood between the brain and spinal cord. So... what's the handle-like thing on the top of the head for? I don't get it. And the extension looks heavy, that poor creature needs something to support its neck or get stronger neck muscles for it to handle that.

Yeah, yeah, I'm trying to apply logic to Pokémon, I'm a dork. *rolls eyes*

I guareentee if Keldeo was in Gen 1 and got a Resolute forme in Gen V people would rage.
    You pretty much answered your own question right there. That's another reason why I don't like this form if it's Mewtwo because all of a sudden he gets one for no apparent reason.
    Winner of Best Pokémon/Pokémon Fic of 2013 in the Shipping Oscars
    Current Chapter: Chapter Ten - 3/17/14 / Current: Last Chance - 11/3/11 - Chapter 20 progress: 75%
    I survived Pupa.

Kinda late to the party. So it's been confirmed… well, with the complete art it doesn't seem as bad as before. I'm still a bit… shocked, but I think I'll get over it in no time.
    MY MAIN FANFICS

Super Smash Bros Clash: 6 chapters, ongoing | Pokémon Best Wishes Reloaded: 3 episodes, ongoing

Self-made claimer of AntennaShipping {Meguri the Moogle (Original Character / Final Fantasy) x Captain Olimar (Pikmin)}
    and SteakShipping {Ness (MOTHER 2 / Earthbound) x Doremi (Ojamajo Doremi)}

Quote Originally Posted by An00bis View Post
    It's typing is mediocre and there are a lot of Special Walls in Ubers.
    Yet he has Psystrike to counter that and high ATK stat.

Yes that is a Female Dino Charge Red. It's a FanFic thing
    3DS FC: 3995-6518-0794

Can wait for the 18th for the new trailer!!

Yet he has Psystrike to counter that and high ATK stat.
    There are a number of Pokemon in Ubers who can take a boosted Psystrike. Mewtwo's other problem is that he only has four move slots. He theoretically has a move to take care of any Pokemon, but since you can only pick four you'll always be vulnerable to something.

Quote Originally Posted by An00bis View Post
    There are a number of Pokemon in Ubers who can take a boosted Psystrike. Mewtwo's other problem is that he only has four move slots. He theoretically has a move to take care of any Pokemon, but since you can only pick four you'll always be vulnerable to something.
    Every Pokémon HAS to be vunerable to something.

As for the new form, I'm on the edge about it. I guess it makes sense that Mewtwo could have a new form. But honestly, are people really pulling the "lolz you hate cuz nostalgia". Try understanding the meaning this has besides your own point of view. Mewtwo, who was THE most powerful Pokémon back when it first started. Keep in mind that nobody expected what we have today, it didn't make sense in how everything was presented in the beginning that Pokémon would evolve into what it is.

I'm not saying it's bad, but times have changed A LOT! That is why it's understandable that a new form of Mewtwo is so shocking

Platinum FC: 2924 5508 7388

HeartGold FC: 5372 2982 5997

White 1 FC: 3396 3135 0386

Quote Originally Posted by Nyarlathotep View Post

I hope for the games' sake that every Pokemon looks as good as Mewtwo's new forme does. That game footage was beautiful.

(Banner by Matori)
    Beyond all ideals, the truth shall set you free...
    Most Recent: 17: The Bard and the Diva
    Next: Winter of Discontent

The steps on the road to the truth.
    The Firestorm Rebellion
    The Victory Star of Fate

Glacidia Network - The Home for Fanworks
    Best Wishes appreciation blog

Im not impressed! growing up with Blue and Red Mewtwo was the original badass! He didnt need to change! I get it he had to find his own identity and stuff but its not the same mewtwo Kinda disappointed here, I secretly hope this is a mewthree but I doubt it
    Pokemon Y friend code is : 4184 2936 5727
    Electric friend safari with Dedenne, Pikachu and Luxio

http://www.pokemon.com/pokemonxy/en-us

I'm confused now, but i'm not probing further cause it'll fry my brain.

Quote Originally Posted by Almighty Zard View Post
    http://www.pokemon.com/pokemonxy/en-us

I'm confused now, but i'm not probing further cause it'll fry my brain.
    Err apparently he knows Razor leaf, Focus Blast, Psystrike, and Blizzard.

Quote Originally Posted by pokemonsquared View Post
    Err apparently he knows Razor leaf, Focus Blast, Psystrike, and Blizzard.
    dude look at the word data

Page 135 of 247 FirstFirst ... 3585125131132133134135136137138139145185235 ... LastLast