Page 140 of 247 FirstFirst ... 4090130136137138139140141142143144150190240 ... LastLast
Results 3,476 to 3,500 of 6162

Thread: Movie 16 - ExtremeSpeed Genesect & The Awakening of Mewtwo - FIRST DETAILS

  1. #3476
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Valley of the Sun
    Posts
    6,573

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dman_dustin View Post
    I think part or all of it was included in the 1st movie DVD.

    I'm not sure but I do recall seeing parts of it.
    While I'm not sure about the DVDs, the first couple of minutes were shown before the movie started on the VHS copies. DVD copies of Mewtwo Returns got the full uncut version of the birth of Mewtwo. So... I'd say most American audiences don't know a thing about Amber.

    But still, it would be nice to have at least a brief mention of Mewtwo's past. Mewtwo Returns had a brief recap of who he was in the beginning of the special (though it lacked Amber because he doesn't remember it), so it would make sense to have a little flashback or remembrance of sorts at some point in the movie. I don't think there will be, but it would be nice to help newer viewers catch up a little since they probably have not seen the first movie or Mewtwo Returns unless their parents or older siblings showed them.
    Winner of Best Pokémon/Pokémon Fic of 2013 in the Shipping Oscars
    Current Chapter: Chapter Ten - 3/17/14 / Current: Requiem I - 11/17/14 - Chapter 21 progress: 66%
    I survived Pupa.

  2. #3477
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Chester,PA.
    Posts
    166

    Default

    I'm really loving the new Mewtwo forme (as long as it's actually a form). It replaces Mewtwo on the posters and all so it makes sense it's a forme. I think the movie will be great no matter what. It and Genesect are both really powerful, though Mewtwo could easily take on the Genesect Army. I actually was curious years ago to see the order of Legendaries according to power so here's what I have:

    Arceus
    Dialga/Palkia/Giratina
    Uxie/Mesprit/Azelf
    Kyogre/Groudon/Rayquaza
    Mewtwo/Mew
    Xerneas/Yveltal
    Reshiram/Zekrom/Kyurem
    Tornadus/Thunderus/Landorus
    Regigigas
    Lugia/Ho-oh
    Regirock/Regice/Registeel
    Articuno/Zapdos/Moltres
    Raikou/Entei/Suicune
    Cobalion/Terrakion/Virizion/Keldeo
    Cresselia/Darkrai
    Latias/Latios
    Genesect
    Deoxys
    Heatran
    Meloetta
    Celebi/Jirachi/Manaphy/Shaymin/Victini

    It's based on power, not order, stats, types, ect. I had Mew and Mewtwo lower until the weekend cuz of the forme. Btw, I hope it an okay place to put this cuz I can't access any of the forums in the X and Y section (if not, I can delete it or whatever). I even put the X and Y mascots for the heck of it. What do you all think ?
    Gen I:
    Gen II:
    Gen III:
    Gen IV:
    Gen V:
    Gen VI: Gredinja, Aurorus, Aegislash, Dragalge, Trevenant, Xerneas

  3. #3478

    Default

    Internationally to audiences outside of Japan, a small introduction scene from the Birth of Mewtwo (the scene involved researchers finding Mew's hair gene and cloning Mew) was placed as a prologue for Movie 1, however that was all.

    It wasn't until Mewtwo Returns on VHS and DVD that the full Birth of Mewtwo story (with Amber etc.) was seen internationally.

  4. #3479
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    New Tork City
    Posts
    7,745

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Joltik-Kid View Post
    The more I see it, the more it really does seem like a separate species altogether, just with some similarity's to Mewtwo. I mean it could just be they wanted to try something new with these forme changes, but in the past, the Pokemon basically kept same established body structure, not an absolute make over. But oh well, I probably am looking to deep into this
    Rotom
    Sky Shaymin
    Giratina Origin Forme
    Zen Mode Darmanitan
    Black Kyurem and White Kyurem
    Kami Trio Therian Formes

    Formes usually keep the same general appearance? Practically the only ones you could say that about are Keldeo and Meloetta, maybe Deoxys. I don't know if Basculin is worth counting.

    It is Mewtwo.

    (Banner by Matori)
    Beyond all ideals, the truth shall set you free...
    Most Recent: 18: Winter of Discontent
    Next: The Weight of the World (Part 1)

    The steps on the road to the truth.
    The Firestorm Rebellion
    The Victory Star of Fate


    Glacidia Network - The Home for Fanworks
    Best Wishes appreciation blog

  5. #3480
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Mitten State
    Posts
    11,940

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Great Butler View Post
    Formes usually keep the same general appearance? Practically the only ones you could say that about are Keldeo and Meloetta, maybe Deoxys. I don't know if Basculin is worth counting.
    BS, Giratina clearly keeps everything from Alternate forum minus the legs, the color palette is identical, Sky Shaymin keeps the same color palette and the flower transforms into a Scarf, Black/White Kyurem keep the same ice patterns and eye colors of Kyurem (but these formes are fusions :P), and the Kami trio keep their facial patterns, horns, hair styles and color palettes. Are you kidding me about Rotom?

    Zen mode is the odd one out
    3DS code:1048-8163-5480
    Why exactly can't Ash get this little guy?
    "I already told you, I don't mind playing the bad guy every once in a while."~ Sonic the Hedgehog

  6. #3481
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    12,799

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Joltik-Kid View Post
    BS, Giratina clearly keeps everything from Alternate forum minus the legs, the color palette is identical, Sky Shaymin keeps the same color palette and the flower transforms into a Scarf, Black/White Kyurem keep the same ice patterns and eye colors of Kyurem (but these formes are fusions :P), and the Kami trio keep their facial patterns, horns, hair styles and color palettes. Are you kidding me about Rotom?

    Zen mode is the odd one out
    What?

    Really?

    I mean come on the differences in the Pokemon formes listed are just as equally different than Newtwo is to Mewtwo.

    Sky Shaymin keeps the same color palette?

    And Newtwo doesn't? And not the difference an eye color an addition of a color for the finger/toe appendages count as drastic change in color palette.

    The Kami Trio drastically change body shape, so saying that they keep their facial patters, horns, hair styles, and color palettes, DOES NOT change that fact that they change drastically in body shape. I mean come on, three Kami being transforming into a bird, a legged serpent, and a cat beast, oh no, that isn't different enough......

    I think, for this one time, Joltik, you're arguing for the sake of arguing......
    Misinterpreting my posts is not your fault, negative repping me, and getting very sensitive about my posts because you misinterpreted my posts however is your fault. Think really hard, before negative repping or making a big deal about my posts. I don't appreciate being negative repped for reasons that are a result of misinterpreting my posts.

  7. #3482
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Mitten State
    Posts
    11,940

    Default

    Before I start getting more complaints sent my way, I'm not trying to claim this isn't a new forme because "I don't like it" or "it doesn't make sense" or any other reason... All I'm saying is the more I look at it, the less it looks like Mewtwo other then the tail. And like I said in my original post, maybe GameFreak's trying something new in making formes less like the originals. Am I grasping, maybe...and although I'm the only one on here making this claim, there are others out there who feel the same way
    3DS code:1048-8163-5480
    Why exactly can't Ash get this little guy?
    "I already told you, I don't mind playing the bad guy every once in a while."~ Sonic the Hedgehog

  8. #3483
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    12,799

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Joltik-Kid View Post
    Before I start getting more complaints sent my way, I'm not trying to claim this isn't a new forme because "I don't like it" or "it doesn't make sense" or any other reason... All I'm saying is the more I look at it, the less it looks like Mewtwo other then the tail. And like I said in my original post, maybe GameFreak's trying something new in making formes less like the originals. Am I grasping, maybe...and although I'm the only one on here making this claim, there are others out there who feel the same way

    I'm not saying there isn't something off about Newtwo (GOD, please give it a name already), in comparison to Mewtwo, and I'm having a hard time discerning it myself.

    But saying that it looks completely drastically different, much more different than the formes that the ones you list as not very different, is just not true at all, you're trying to grasp at straws.

    I admit Newtwo looks off, but is not so drastically different that it's not the same form differences as the other legendaries with formes. Newtwo is not that drastically different. Finding what's off about Newtwo requires a more of a deeper understanding that outer appearances.
    Misinterpreting my posts is not your fault, negative repping me, and getting very sensitive about my posts because you misinterpreted my posts however is your fault. Think really hard, before negative repping or making a big deal about my posts. I don't appreciate being negative repped for reasons that are a result of misinterpreting my posts.

  9. #3484
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Mitten State
    Posts
    11,940

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dman_dustin View Post
    I'm not saying there isn't something off about Newtwo (GOD, please give it a name already), in comparison to Mewtwo, and I'm having a hard time discerning it myself.

    But saying that it looks completely drastically different, much more different than the formes that the ones you list as not very different, is just not true at all, you're trying to grasp at straws.

    I admit Newtwo looks off, but is not so drastically different that it's not the same form differences as the other legendaries with formes. Newtwo is not that drastically different. Finding what's off about Newtwo requires a more of a deeper understanding that outer appearances.
    This fan art is what got me questioning the whole "new forme thing" Not because they drew Mewtwo and Newtwo separately, but because it shows the differences

        Spoiler:- Art:
    3DS code:1048-8163-5480
    Why exactly can't Ash get this little guy?
    "I already told you, I don't mind playing the bad guy every once in a while."~ Sonic the Hedgehog

  10. #3485

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Joltik-Kid View Post
    This fan art is what got me questioning the whole "new forme thing" Not because they drew Mewtwo and Newtwo separately, but because it shows the differences

        Spoiler:- Art:
    I see where you're coming from, but remember that fanart has changed the colours of MewXY drastically, the actual colours besides it's eyes look exactly the same as Mewtwos.

  11. #3486
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Mitten State
    Posts
    11,940

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Haunter227 View Post
    I see where you're coming from, but remember that fanart has changed the colours of MewXY drastically, the actual colours besides it's eyes look exactly the same as Mewtwos.
    I'd say the Newtwo's purple is a bit darker the Mewtwo's updated appearance, but that really doesn't matter, since I didn't count color. I'm talking more about shape, head, hands, and feet. And the armor thing Mewtwo has XD
    Last edited by Joltik-Kid; 10th April 2013 at 6:44 PM.
    3DS code:1048-8163-5480
    Why exactly can't Ash get this little guy?
    "I already told you, I don't mind playing the bad guy every once in a while."~ Sonic the Hedgehog

  12. #3487
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Valley of the Sun
    Posts
    6,573

    Default

    I don't know, everyone seems to be on the fence whether they like the look or not. The fan art makes me want to like it, because I just love how it's being portrayed in every single picture I've seen (even the joke pictures, holy crap there are a lot of them, my favorite with the ears being headphones). I'm just really worried that this is a forme of Mewtwo's and not a new species. I would like it much better if it's a new Pokémon, but from all the speculations, I'm still in between it all. I got all my rage out over the weekend so I'm more relaxed about it, still...

    I might come to a better decision once the trailer comes out or the name is revealed: whichever comes first.
    Winner of Best Pokémon/Pokémon Fic of 2013 in the Shipping Oscars
    Current Chapter: Chapter Ten - 3/17/14 / Current: Requiem I - 11/17/14 - Chapter 21 progress: 66%
    I survived Pupa.

  13. #3488

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kutie Pie View Post
    I'm just really worried that this is a forme of Mewtwo's and not a new species. I would like it much better if it's a new Pokémon,
    I agree with this 100%, but unfortunately the truth is that if it's a completely new Pokemon, Movie 16 is going to be absolutely terrible.

    Mewtwo's return will be overshadowed and ruined.

  14. #3489
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Mitten State
    Posts
    11,940

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Haunter227 View Post
    I agree with this 100%, but unfortunately the truth is that if it's a completely new Pokemon, Movie 16 is going to be absolutely terrible.

    Mewtwo's return will be overshadowed and ruined.
    There is only one possibly way I could see it working out... Mewtwo deals with Red Genesect and Newtwo helps the gang with the other 4. I'd find it ironic though if Newtwo was a clone of Mewtwo (making it a clone of a clone XD)

    But that's only if it's a new species altogether, just wondering why they did come out say it was or wasn't though...this is gonna have people bickering just like Slyveon's typing
    3DS code:1048-8163-5480
    Why exactly can't Ash get this little guy?
    "I already told you, I don't mind playing the bad guy every once in a while."~ Sonic the Hedgehog

  15. #3490
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Valley of the Sun
    Posts
    6,573

    Default

    Guess they should've just kept it a secret until the movie came out, then. If the plot twist is that Mewtwo has a new forme, maybe the shock wouldn't have been as bad :/.

    Keyword being "maybe".
    Winner of Best Pokémon/Pokémon Fic of 2013 in the Shipping Oscars
    Current Chapter: Chapter Ten - 3/17/14 / Current: Requiem I - 11/17/14 - Chapter 21 progress: 66%
    I survived Pupa.

  16. #3491

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Joltik-Kid View Post
    There is only one possibly way I could see it working out... Mewtwo deals with Red Genesect and Newtwo helps the gang with the other 4. I'd find it ironic though if Newtwo was a clone of Mewtwo (making it a clone of a clone XD)

    But that's only if it's a new species altogether, just wondering why they did come out say it was or wasn't though...this is gonna have people bickering just like Slyveon's typing
    Yeah.

    I actually don't mind that it's most likely a new Mewtwo Forme. In-game, I think i'd only like it a tiny bit more if it was Mewthree, but yeah in the Anime I think it'll be horrible to have Mewthree since I don't want Movie 16 turning out bad, it looks epic right now.

    I'd rather see Mewtwo fight Genesect, lose, turn into his new found powered forme and defeat them instead of watching Mewtwo and Mewthree fight together to stop the Genesect.

    To be fair, if the latter idea was true as long as the Movie turned out epic and was still good I'd be fine with it.

    Quote Originally Posted by Kutie Pie View Post
    Guess they should've just kept it a secret until the movie came out, then. If the plot twist is that Mewtwo has a new forme, maybe the shock wouldn't have been as bad :/.

    Keyword being "maybe".
    I know you despise the new Mew, but you shouldn't let it get to you that much.

    If it is a new forme, it's still going to be the same Mewtwo you love. You should be pleased that the Mew, Mewtwo storyline is continuing, that's how i've managed to look at it and i think the forme/newspecies looks great now.

    Maybe i'm just too big of a Mewtwo fan that I struggle to let anything make me hate the line, but i'm pretty sure it's just a fact of getting used to something.

  17. #3492
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Valley of the Sun
    Posts
    6,573

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Haunter227 View Post
    I know you despise the new Mew, but you shouldn't let it get to you that much.

    If it is a new forme, it's still going to be the same Mewtwo you love. You should be pleased that the Mew, Mewtwo storyline is continuing, that's how i've managed to look at it and i think the forme/newspecies looks great now.

    Maybe i'm just too big of a Mewtwo fan that I struggle to let anything make me hate the line, but i'm pretty sure it's just a fact of getting used to something.
    I'm just not a big fan of change, personally, especially since this came out of nowhere for the most part, and shocks like that are hard to shake off for me. Mewtwo has been the same since he first showed up in the games and anime, so to just suddenly make him different when we haven't seen him in about a decade is kinda odd. Yeah, in-universe, Ash hadn't seen Mewtwo in ages, naturally his attitude, power, and maybe personality would have changed. I would definitely let this tension of mine go if the forme is temporary and interchangeable like with the other formes we've seen from the newer Legendaries, and doesn't mess with his personality (far as I know, formes don't bother the original Pokémon's personality).

    But it still slightly disturbs me how it looks unbalanced and just should not be possible biology-wise. If they have an explanation like the experiment went horribly wrong (if it's a new specie) or something, then I'd let it slide because of how imperfect genetic engineering is. (Unless Mewtwo just has a sick sense of humor and likes messing with people's minds or something.) But otherwise, it doesn't make sense. The jokes are funny and I always get a giggle out of them even though I still don't like it, I'm just worried about how it'll turn out in action. We only got a taste of it through the game trailer. To see it fully animated would be a different story depending on how it was handled.

    As a fan of Mewtwo, I should just accept it and move on, but... for reasons I've mentioned here and there, I just can't right now. There's still too much speculation and questions that make me nervous about it. And it's such a real shame, I was liking the new Pokémon so far and was excited to see what else they would come up with. So we'll see how it all plays out. At the moment, I'm a bit open to it more than I was last week thanks to the fan-art (though I... probably shouldn't warm up to the fan-art), but I could easily flee from it within this up-coming week.
    Winner of Best Pokémon/Pokémon Fic of 2013 in the Shipping Oscars
    Current Chapter: Chapter Ten - 3/17/14 / Current: Requiem I - 11/17/14 - Chapter 21 progress: 66%
    I survived Pupa.

  18. #3493

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kutie Pie View Post
    I'm just not a big fan of change, personally, especially since this came out of nowhere for the most part, and shocks like that are hard to shake off for me. Mewtwo has been the same since he first showed up in the games and anime, so to just suddenly make him different when we haven't seen him in about a decade is kinda odd. Yeah, in-universe, Ash hadn't seen Mewtwo in ages, naturally his attitude, power, and maybe personality would have changed. I would definitely let this tension of mine go if the forme is temporary and interchangeable like with the other formes we've seen from the newer Legendaries, and doesn't mess with his personality (far as I know, formes don't bother the original Pokémon's personality).
    Fair enough.

    It's not completely out of the blue to be honest, Mewtwo's return in BW has kind of been hinted and all throughout BW we've had promotions involving Mewtwo. The main reason it's not out of the blue is that it ties in with the X/Y Games that will be released in a short matter of time.

    In my opinion, the only reason it would have come from nowhere is if it was anime exclusive, or came out before X/Y was even announced.

    But it still slightly disturbs me how it looks unbalanced
    I agree his head does look unbalanced which is slightly annoying.

    and just should not be possible biology-wise.
    This is where I disagree.

    If it is a new Mewtwo Forme, there is no reason as to why Mewtwo can't generate even more power and change itself physically. Pokemon are known to change formes or evolve upon gaining excessive power, Mewtwo will simply have found a hidden strength inside itself that will allow him to change into this forme (he's never been fighting to the point of defeat before which presumably Genesect will do).

    Mew, the ancestor of all Pokemon has the ability to transform, so it makes sense that Mewtwo probably has the ability to transform into this new appearance.

    and If they have an explanation like the experiment went horribly wrong (if it's a new specie) or something, then I'd let it slide because of how imperfect genetic engineering is. (Unless Mewtwo just has a sick sense of humor and likes messing with people's minds or something.) But otherwise, it doesn't make sense. The jokes are funny and I always get a giggle out of them even though I still don't like it, I'm just worried about how it'll turn out in action. We only got a taste of it through the game trailer. To see it fully animated would be a different story depending on how it was handled.
    I'm not entirely sure what's the problem here, unless you're talking about why MewXY looks weird with it's head, then yeah genetic engineering is clearly not perfect.

    As a fan of Mewtwo, I should just accept it and move on, but... for reasons I've mentioned here and there, I just can't right now. There's still too much speculation and questions that make me nervous about it. And it's such a real shame, I was liking the new Pokémon so far and was excited to see what else they would come up with. So we'll see how it all plays out. At the moment, I'm a bit open to it more than I was last week thanks to the fan-art (though I... probably shouldn't warm up to the fan-art), but I could easily flee from it within this up-coming week.
    Hmm, fair enough.

    My initial reaction was just like yours, but overnight I got over it. Then it gradually grew on me. I really like MewXY now and i'm pleased the Mew line is continuing.

  19. #3494

    Default

    The way I see it, it could be either a younger Mewtwo (perhaps Mewtwo Jr. or something?) or a forme that's purely cosmetic.

    Or perhaps (lord forbid) they changed the stats in X/Y, and Mewtwo Jr. gets Mewtwo's old stats, then when it grows up to normal Mewtwo (in the unlikely event that its a prevolution)...
    Shokotan: "And then, in Extremespeed Genesect: The Awakening of Mewtwo, we meet another Mewtwo!"
    Yuyama: "Yes, I thought it'd be better if it was a different Mewtwo."
    Good for you Yuyama. Too bad you've singlehandedly torpedoed any lingering respect I and anyone else had for you.

  20. #3495
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Valley of the Sun
    Posts
    6,573

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Haunter227 View Post
    It's not completely out of the blue to be honest, Mewtwo's return in BW has kind of been hinted and all throughout BW we've had promotions involving Mewtwo. The main reason it's not out of the blue is that it ties in with the X/Y Games that will be released in a short matter of time.

    In my opinion, the only reason it would have come from nowhere is if it was anime exclusive, or came out before X/Y was even announced.
    Yeah, I guess, but it was just so weird. The fact it was introduced in such a bizarre way where people were really sure it was fake just didn't help.

    This is where I disagree.

    If it is a new Mewtwo Forme, there is no reason as to why Mewtwo can't generate even more power and change itself physically. Pokemon are known to change formes or evolve upon gaining excessive power, Mewtwo will simply have found a hidden strength inside itself that will allow him to change into this forme (he's never been fighting to the point of defeat before which presumably Genesect will do).

    Mew, the ancestor of all Pokemon has the ability to transform, so it makes sense that Mewtwo probably has the ability to transform into this new appearance.
    But why would Mewtwo move his tail to the back of his head |D? Is he really just that unhappy with himself that he's willing to try anything or what? It's just really, really odd. And if that's the case, then it's really clear Mewtwo has not grasped the concept of balance xD.

    I would be really pleased if Mewtwo could tap into his Mew genes and do all the things Mew could do, but if that's the forme he chooses, he's just... I don't know :x. I expected him to be much more clever with how to reformat his own body.

    I'm not entirely sure what's the problem here, unless you're talking about why MewXY looks weird with it's head, then yeah genetic engineering is clearly not perfect.
    That's exactly what I'm alluding to, and the toes. The freaking toes, what's with the toes?! Fingers are cool, but the toes DX!

    Quote Originally Posted by Spin Attaxx View Post
    The way I see it, it could be either a younger Mewtwo (perhaps Mewtwo Jr. or something?) or a forme that's purely cosmetic.
    Young Mewtwo looks the same as adult Mewtwo. And he just wanted to feel fabulous, of course |D. Yeah, Mewtwo honey, you need a real cosmetologist to help you with that.
    Last edited by Kutie Pie; 10th April 2013 at 7:38 PM.
    Winner of Best Pokémon/Pokémon Fic of 2013 in the Shipping Oscars
    Current Chapter: Chapter Ten - 3/17/14 / Current: Requiem I - 11/17/14 - Chapter 21 progress: 66%
    I survived Pupa.

  21. #3496
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Mitten State
    Posts
    11,940

    Default

    "I think the big problem here is Mewtwo actually has near perfect stats in literally every category, in-game it far out speeds it's counters in Darkrai and Genesect, with only Attack and Speed Deoxys outpacing it, Attack by the slightest margin. Mewtwo has good defense for a lone Psychic type, which is pretty good given the typing is not good in that department. In the anime it might help him, but in game he'll either become less useful (The only reason Tornadus-T is slightly better then Tornadus-I is because of it's ability) or a useless forme change like Keldeo-R."

    That's literally the only argument that can be made from a logical standpoint and that's only for the game itself
    3DS code:1048-8163-5480
    Why exactly can't Ash get this little guy?
    "I already told you, I don't mind playing the bad guy every once in a while."~ Sonic the Hedgehog

  22. #3497
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Hall of Origin
    Posts
    1,297

    Default

    I really want to know what is so significant about the Shiny Genesect in the movie. Why is it the leader? Is there just something we do not know about that red one yet?

  23. #3498
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Mitten State
    Posts
    11,940

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Seraphina View Post
    I really want to know what is so significant about the Shiny Genesect in the movie. Why is it the leader? Is there just something we do not know about that red one yet?
    ...*looks at title for movie*...yeah, there's no way your seriously asking this
    3DS code:1048-8163-5480
    Why exactly can't Ash get this little guy?
    "I already told you, I don't mind playing the bad guy every once in a while."~ Sonic the Hedgehog

  24. #3499

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Spin Attaxx View Post
    The way I see it, it could be either a younger Mewtwo (perhaps Mewtwo Jr. or something?) or a forme that's purely cosmetic.

    Or perhaps (lord forbid) they changed the stats in X/Y, and Mewtwo Jr. gets Mewtwo's old stats, then when it grows up to normal Mewtwo (in the unlikely event that its a prevolution)...
    This sounds more like DragonBall every second... and I love it.

    Quote Originally Posted by Kutie Pie View Post
    But why would Mewtwo move his tail to the back of his head |D? Is he really just that unhappy with himself that he's willing to try anything or what? It's just really, really odd. And if that's the case, then it's really clear Mewtwo has not grasped the concept of balance xD.
    Don't get me wrong I agree the tail on it's head is distrubing and annoying, but it's not really a choice of Mewtwos.

    The same could be asked about every other Pokemon that has a forme or evolves. It's more or less how a Pokemon's power takes ahold of the physical appearance and changes it.

    That's exactly what I'm alluding to, and the toes. The freaking toes, what's with the toes?! Fingers are cool, but the toes DX!
    Yet again I agree.

    I think the designers just wanted something that didn't look identical to Mewtwo so they did whatever they could think of.

    Quote Originally Posted by Joltik-Kid View Post
    "I think the big problem here is Mewtwo actually has near perfect stats in literally every category, in-game it far out speeds it's counters in Darkrai and Genesect, with only Attack and Speed Deoxys outpacing it, Attack by the slightest margin. Mewtwo has good defense for a lone Psychic type, which is pretty good given the typing is not good in that department. In the anime it might help him, but in game he'll either become less useful (The only reason Tornadus-T is slightly better then Tornadus-I is because of it's ability) or a useless forme change like Keldeo-R."

    That's literally the only argument that can be made from a logical standpoint and that's only for the game itself
    In-game, stats really shouldn't be a reason as to whether a Pokemon evolves or gains a new forme or not. A new appearance is a new appearance, they can give them slightly different stats or keep them the same.

    Quote Originally Posted by Seraphina View Post
    I really want to know what is so significant about the Shiny Genesect in the movie. Why is it the leader? Is there just something we do not know about that red one yet?
    Red Gensect is the most strongest with Extremespeed, a move none of the others have.

  25. #3500
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Mitten State
    Posts
    11,940

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Haunter227 View Post
    In-game, stats really shouldn't be a reason as to whether a Pokemon evolves or gains a new forme or not. A new appearance is a new appearance, they can give them slightly different stats or keep them the same.
    They are a reason though... There is only one Pokemon that get's used as often as it's new forme and that is Giratina for defensive purposes. Every competitive player uses the forme with better stats, which is why regular Rotom finds little usage and why Darmanitan Zen Mode is in Limbo. So to make an already uber powerful Pokemon even more powerful (or weaker or a useless appearance change) is pretty much absurd from a gaming standpoint
    3DS code:1048-8163-5480
    Why exactly can't Ash get this little guy?
    "I already told you, I don't mind playing the bad guy every once in a while."~ Sonic the Hedgehog

Page 140 of 247 FirstFirst ... 4090130136137138139140141142143144150190240 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •