Page 152 of 247 FirstFirst ... 52102142148149150151152153154155156162202 ... LastLast
Results 3,776 to 3,800 of 6162

Thread: Movie 16 - ExtremeSpeed Genesect & The Awakening of Mewtwo - FIRST DETAILS

  1. #3776
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    84

    Default

    Dude seriously what happened to Mewtwo's voice! Did he always sound like a chick in the japanese version or is this a new voice?

  2. #3777
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    New Tork City
    Posts
    7,724

    Default

    Ash not understanding what Mewtwo means when he claims to have been created by mankind may actually be a stroke of genius - I don't think Mewtwo ever actually disclosed his origin (as in, explicitly saying humans cloned him from Mew and for what purpose) to Ash again after erasing his memory; if I'm remembering correctly he just made some tangential comments alluding to it. So, the different voice alone doesn't actually itself mean much.

    Before making any remarks about the plot being thin I would recommend some of you go read Dogasu's summary of the adaptation's first chapter. There's already a more meaningful amount of story than there was in all of last year's movie.

    (Banner by Matori)
    Beyond all ideals, the truth shall set you free...
    Most Recent: 17: The Bard and the Diva
    Next: Winter of Discontent

    The steps on the road to the truth.
    The Firestorm Rebellion
    The Victory Star of Fate


    Glacidia Network - The Home for Fanworks
    Best Wishes appreciation blog

  3. #3778
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    3,421

    Default

    Ash isn't even aware of the other clone Pokemon is he?
    To right the countless wrongs of our day, we shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise. What a wonderful world such would be...

  4. #3779
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Valley of the Sun
    Posts
    6,475

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by diakyu View Post
    Ash isn't even aware of the other clone Pokemon is he?
    He's seen then, but if he's so shocked about hearing of Mewtwo's origins, then he most likely doesn't know of the clones being clones. I have a feeling they're not going to show up in the movie, though... it's making me really sad just thinking about it.
    Winner of Best Pokémon/Pokémon Fic of 2013 in the Shipping Oscars
    Current Chapter: Chapter Ten - 3/17/14 / Current: Last Chance - 11/3/11 - Chapter 20 progress: 75%
    I survived Pupa.

  5. #3780
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    3,421

    Default

    It makes since for the clone pokemon to not show up. We know mewtwo hasn't been hanging around them since the events of Mewtwo returns.

    And Genesect's motivations are pretty interesting. But it might be a bit of an overreaction.
    To right the countless wrongs of our day, we shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise. What a wonderful world such would be...

  6. #3781
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Smash Run
    Posts
    6,707

    Default

    What if Mewtwo has finally recieved a set gender and is Male but actually gay?

    Nah joking on that. As for Dousect, you think the reason it's an ally is because Pikachu managed to screw up his programming?


  7. #3782
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Dressrosa
    Posts
    8,997

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rocky505 View Post
    Mewtwo's voice sounds like a young male voice not feminine.
    Some people think it sounds feminine, including me, you can think what you want to. The fact is though, that a female is voicing Mewtwo.

    http://www.pokemon-movie.jp/comment/index.php

    Bonnie: Hey, Clauncher, could you do me a favour and marry my brother?
    Clauncher: What? I can understand the old man's senility, but this is just annoying.

    Bonnie: Come on, Dedenne! I want that Gym Badge!
    Clauncher: If only this wasn't a kids show.
    3DS FC: 1891 1376 6990. Add me. Wii U Nintendo Network ID: Playerking.

  8. #3783
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    New Tork City
    Posts
    7,724

    Default

    I'll say this: the designers sure know how to make great visuals for these movies. New Tork City is beautiful.

    Quote Originally Posted by Kutie Pie View Post
    He's seen then, but if he's so shocked about hearing of Mewtwo's origins, then he most likely doesn't know of the clones being clones. I have a feeling they're not going to show up in the movie, though... it's making me really sad just thinking about it.
    Mewtwo released the clones to live in the wild at the end of Mewtwo Returns, so why would they show up now?

    (Banner by Matori)
    Beyond all ideals, the truth shall set you free...
    Most Recent: 17: The Bard and the Diva
    Next: Winter of Discontent

    The steps on the road to the truth.
    The Firestorm Rebellion
    The Victory Star of Fate


    Glacidia Network - The Home for Fanworks
    Best Wishes appreciation blog

  9. #3784
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Ariana's vocal cords
    Posts
    44,651

    Default

    The new summary didn't really reveal anything that we couldn't have assumed ourselves. I think Genesect's motivation is kind of weak though. Like, its old home was destroyed so it's going to take its anger out on some innocent Pokemon and people? That's essentially what Mewtwo did, but the Genesect are doing it with less finesse and originality. I appreciate the philosophical side of the movie, but it's been done before and better in my opinion. I'm not sure what there's left for me to look forward to.

  10. #3785
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    5,116

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by your boss View Post
    What if Mewtwo has finally recieved a set gender and is Male but actually gay?

    Nah joking on that. As for Dousect, you think the reason it's an ally is because Pikachu managed to screw up his programming?
    I don't know maybe. At one point he was attacking Mewtwo but then he was on Ash's side during another scene it's weird.

  11. #3786
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Smash Run
    Posts
    6,707

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JD View Post
    I don't know maybe. At one point he was attacking Mewtwo but then he was on Ash's side during another scene it's weird.
    Then I guess it went like this:

    Genesect army attacks Mewtwo ---> Pikachu tags along and actually hits Dousect --> falls to the ground with screwed up programming. --> becomes friends.


  12. #3787
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    3,421

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ciccone View Post
    The new summary didn't really reveal anything that we couldn't have assumed ourselves. I think Genesect's motivation is kind of weak though. Like, its old home was destroyed so it's going to take its anger out on some innocent Pokemon and people? That's essentially what Mewtwo did, but the Genesect are doing it with less finesse and originality. I appreciate the philosophical side of the movie, but it's been done before and better in my opinion. I'm not sure what there's left for me to look forward to.
    I think it would be better if the people of New Tork City are directly responsible for what happened to Genesect's home.
    To right the countless wrongs of our day, we shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise. What a wonderful world such would be...

  13. #3788
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Who knows?
    Posts
    217

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ciccone View Post
    The new summary didn't really reveal anything that we couldn't have assumed ourselves. I think Genesect's motivation is kind of weak though. Like, its old home was destroyed so it's going to take its anger out on some innocent Pokemon and people? That's essentially what Mewtwo did, but the Genesect are doing it with less finesse and originality. I appreciate the philosophical side of the movie, but it's been done before and better in my opinion. I'm not sure what there's left for me to look forward to.
    I don't think it's weak. I mean, think of an animal, and you put it in an unfamiliar location, nothing like it was before. It would panic and probably attack anything it thought was a threat. Plus, since the Genesect were an extinct species, they probably aren't familiar with most, if not all of the Pokemon there. People are probably weird for them too.

    Though this is a little too logical for Pokemon, it makes a point.

    Name: Specter
    Adopt one yourself! @Pokémon Orphanage

    My signature is so empty now.

  14. #3789
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    2,673

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JD View Post
    I don't know maybe. At one point he was attacking Mewtwo but then he was on Ash's side during another scene it's weird.
    Read Dogasu's manga adaption summary. Apparently the genesects are friendly until the red one takes over them.

  15. #3790
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Ariana's vocal cords
    Posts
    44,651

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by playerking View Post
    Some people think it sounds feminine, including me, you can think what you want to. The fact is though, that a female is voicing Mewtwo.

    http://www.pokemon-movie.jp/comment/index.php
    Omg, he sounds like that Shokotan girl from Pokemon Smash. I'm screaming, crying and laughing all at the same time.

    Anyway, Dogasu's summary implies that the Genesect's home existed elsewhere, so I don't know why they're attacking New Tork City. I mean what did its citizens ever do to them?

  16. #3791
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    1,226

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Great Butler View Post
    Ash not understanding what Mewtwo means when he claims to have been created by mankind may actually be a stroke of genius - I don't think Mewtwo ever actually disclosed his origin (as in, explicitly saying humans cloned him from Mew and for what purpose) to Ash again after erasing his memory; if I'm remembering correctly he just made some tangential comments alluding to it.
    Well, in the context of Mewtwo Returns itself, Ash probably understood what Mewtwo was getting at.

    However, given that Ash forgets damn near everything as the show goes on, him forgetting that alluded detail wouldn't be surprising.

  17. #3792
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    5,116

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by shac View Post
    Read Dogasu's manga adaption summary. Apparently the genesects are friendly until the red one takes over them.
    Oh I see well that's interesting.

  18. #3793
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Hoenn
    Posts
    448

    Default

    When the song started playing over the destruction, I couldn't help but laugh. There's this cheery girl singing happily while there are people screaming in the background...It was so unfitting. And somewhat creepy too.

    LolIrisxnewguyscene. I wonder if they're going to be paired up during the course of the movie like Ash and Latias or something.

    Mewtwo's new voice was surprising.
    Sylveon's little frame on the last scene looks like little wings, so I'm going with Flying type... But we'll find out soon enough. ..Wait, this movie is coming out on the 13th of July? That's ages away!

    D:

  19. #3794
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Kalos
    Posts
    4,644

    Default

    Saw the trailer just moments ago and read Dogasu's summary.

    The trailer looks really nice, I couldn't be happier with the amazing animation and scenery of New Tork City, Pokemon Hills, and the Pokemon as well. The Genesect wrecking everything and the attacks looks very nice as well as that very speedy evasion by Mewtwo. All of New Tork City being in absolute pandemonium and the Water-types trying to stop it with Hydro Pump/Water Gun looks nice. What up with the Crustle though? Is that Cilan's? What help could it provide in fighting fires? Pikachu crying after, what I'm assuming, being battered looks nice. Also really liking this theme for the movie, it sounds nice.

    Regarding Dogasu's summary, they seem to hit the ground running in the manga adaptation. They already are rolling with the plot, I absolutely can't wait for this movie. Really seems like a good one, possibly the best one of BW. It already looks better than all of DP's.

  20. #3795
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    1,082

    Default

    The Blondie looks important. I'm hoping he hints towards X and Y like that dude in The Zoroark Movie. He had a Woobat Hat.

  21. #3796
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    5,116

    Default

    Regarding the Pikachu crying scene I wouldn't be surprised if Red Genesect "kills" Ash kind of like a throw back to the first movie. Either that or one of the Genesect sacrifices itself in order to stop their leader from rampaging.

    Quote Originally Posted by Navarch View Post
    The Blondie looks important. I'm hoping he hints towards X and Y like that dude in The Zoroark Movie. He had a Woobat Hat.
    Possibly or Sabeleye evolves.

  22. #3797

    Default

    Well, I am with the people that are also suspecting a gender switcheroo here. Is this a female Mewtwo? If so, where is the original? Is this a clone of his? Hmmmmm, just crazy stuff XD

    Mewtwo design change.jpg

    As I said on facebook "I just noticed some subtle changes on the facial structure of the new trailer's Mewtwo. It may be me being delusional, however its eyes did seem more rounded off, with the top being less thick. The way the eyes' outlines curve around is also rather different, with a much less vicious look. It also has a thinner snout, as seen from the different angles in the trailer. The neck seems smoother, as if less emphasis on structure is made, perhaps to come off more feminine.

    Based on this, combined with the voice change, I'm really wondering if this is a different, female Mewtwo. But again, I may be really really wrong. Just thought it was worth mentioning."

  23. #3798
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Valley of the Sun
    Posts
    6,475

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by playerking View Post
    Some people think it sounds feminine, including me, you can think what you want to. The fact is though, that a female is voicing Mewtwo.

    http://www.pokemon-movie.jp/comment/index.php
    NO. NO. NO-NO-NO-NO!

    Why did they do that?! They couldn't get Masachika Ichimura or what?! Why?! I'm never going to get over that! There better be a damn good explanation why a female is playing Mewtwo in this movie! If it's another Mewtwo who turns out to be female, whatever, but that doesn't make it right!

    *weeps*

    Quote Originally Posted by The Great Butler View Post
    Mewtwo released the clones to live in the wild at the end of Mewtwo Returns, so why would they show up now?
    I was thinking more of a flashback, though it would be nice to see a couple of them evolved, if possible. But if they don't show up, that's fine.
    Winner of Best Pokémon/Pokémon Fic of 2013 in the Shipping Oscars
    Current Chapter: Chapter Ten - 3/17/14 / Current: Last Chance - 11/3/11 - Chapter 20 progress: 75%
    I survived Pupa.

  24. #3799
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    5,116

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The_Mexican_Smeargle View Post
    Well, I am with the people that are also suspecting a gender switcheroo here. Is this a female Mewtwo? If so, where is the original? Is this a clone of his? Hmmmmm, just crazy stuff XD

    Mewtwo design change.jpg

    As I said on facebook "I just noticed some subtle changes on the facial structure of the new trailer's Mewtwo. It may be me being delusional, however its eyes did seem more rounded off, with the top being less thick. The way the eyes' outlines curve around is also rather different, with a much less vicious look. It also has a thinner snout, as seen from the different angles in the trailer. The neck seems smoother, as if less emphasis on structure is made, perhaps to come off more feminine.

    Based on this, combined with the voice change, I'm really wondering if this is a different, female Mewtwo. But again, I may be really really wrong. Just thought it was worth mentioning."
    You're looking too far into things it's just new animation. It happens to a lot of Pokemon Pikachu is a prime example.
    http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/File:EP039.png (Old)
    http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wi...sh_Pikachu.png (New)


    Also.. Mewtwo being voiced by a female isn't that bad now that I think about it Goku from DBZ is voiced by an old women and Naruto is also voiced by a female not many people complain about them.
    Last edited by JD; 18th April 2013 at 2:25 AM.

  25. #3800
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Valley of the Sun
    Posts
    6,475

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JD View Post
    Also.. Mewtwo being voiced by a female isn't that bad now that I think about it Goku from DBZ is voiced by an old women and Naruto is also voiced by a female not many people complain about them.
    Goku and Naruto are child-like in nature. Not entirely too sure with Goku besides that, but with Naruto, it makes sense because he (was) still a young teenager. A woman plays a young male in cartoons all the time. Ash is played by a woman due to his age. Mewtwo, on the other hand...
    Winner of Best Pokémon/Pokémon Fic of 2013 in the Shipping Oscars
    Current Chapter: Chapter Ten - 3/17/14 / Current: Last Chance - 11/3/11 - Chapter 20 progress: 75%
    I survived Pupa.

Page 152 of 247 FirstFirst ... 52102142148149150151152153154155156162202 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •