Page 155 of 247 FirstFirst ... 55105145151152153154155156157158159165205 ... LastLast
Results 3,851 to 3,875 of 6162

Thread: Movie 16 - ExtremeSpeed Genesect & The Awakening of Mewtwo - FIRST DETAILS

  1. #3851
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Dragon Village
    Posts
    2,247

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ciccone View Post
    I don't understand how anyone could justify the sudden switch from a masculine voice to a feminine voice for Mewtwo. I mean it just doesn't make sense to me and it's odd that this is the Japanese version that we're talking about, which is by far the most consistent version of the anime. There's no good reason why Mewtwo's voice should be changed so drastically unless it's a totally different Mewtwo, which seems unlikely.
    We'll see, there's no reason people should spit on the decision that was made either. Obviously they were aware of it's old voice and chose this one for a reason, but nobody thinks about that.

    (credit goes to Skiyomi)

  2. #3852
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    12,799

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gohan5 View Post
    Can you say that Bugs would be less memorable without Mel? No, someone else would have stepped up and that would be the voice you would imagine or think of for him. But you're the one missing the point because you can't judge Bugs or Mickey or whoever (who have all receieved various voice changes of varying degrees with success) with Mewtwo. Completely different circumstances.

    As for what we imagine for Mewtwo's voice, it's up for interpretation if someone has never seen or heard it before. Mewtwo does have masculine and feminine features (not surprising of a genderless species), so who knows what people think? You can't say that everyone sees a male when they see Mewtwo and have not been exposed to it in the past.
    1. Mel Blanc is dead, horribly bad example.

    2. Even if Mel Blanc is dead, therefore forced to change actors and this goes for many characters, at least they try to sound similar to before, at least try.

    This isn't like Sarah Natochenny taking over Veronica Taylor, this is like if Eileen Steven were to quit Pokemon or god forbid she passes away, and then suddenly James Earl Jones begins to voice Iris.

    It's THAT different. It's not as simple as it being a different VA.

    We're talking about James Earl Jones voice being replaced with Eileen Stevens voice, it's THAT drastic of a difference. It's not one VA trying to mimic another person's VA after the other one leaves. It's completely altering the voice.

    Now I personally do not care since I'm not watching the Japanese version anyway (since it's a movie), I'm just saying I understand where people are coming from, and if you think that this complaint is just some petty fanbase need to complain, you need readjust your attitude, because it's not that at all.
    Misinterpreting my posts is not your fault, negative repping me, and getting very sensitive about my posts because you misinterpreted my posts however is your fault. Think really hard, before negative repping or making a big deal about my posts. I don't appreciate being negative repped for reasons that are a result of misinterpreting my posts.

  3. #3853
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Dragon Village
    Posts
    2,247

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dman_dustin View Post
    1. Mel Blanc is dead, horribly bad example.

    2. Even if Mel Blanc is dead, therefore forced to change actors and this goes for many characters, at least they try to sound similar to before, at least try.

    This isn't like Sarah Natochenny taking over Veronica Taylor, this is like if Eileen Steven were to quit Pokemon or god forbid she passes away, and then suddenly James Earl Jones begins to voice Iris.

    It's THAT different. It's not as simple as it being a different VA.

    We're talking about James Earl Jones voice being replaced with Eileen Stevens voice, it's THAT drastic of a difference. It's not one VA trying to mimic another person's VA after the other one leaves. It's completely altering the voice.

    Now I personally do not care since I'm not watching the Japanese version anyway (since it's a movie), I'm just saying I understand where people are coming from, and if you think that this complaint is just some petty fanbase need to complain, you need readjust your attitude, because it's not that at all.
    1. Wasn't my example, blame them. I even said the same thing.

    2. Refer to number 1, don't even know why the two are trying to be compared.

    And no I don't consider the James Earl Jones one a good example either since Iris, unlike Mewtwo here, is an important part of the franchise now. We don't even know if it's the same one (100% proof anyway) so that can't be argued. And if it is the same one, who's to say that a psychic Pokemon can't change the voice that it uses to speak telepathically? Where's the proof that Mewtwo is without a doubt male in the first place? It's original voice was, yes, but this is Pokemon people lol.

    Don't put words in my mouth. I never said it was a fanbase complaining thing, and I never said I didn't understand where people were coming from. However, I don't believe that Mewtwo's "character" has been destroyed, since I still see it in the same light, male or female voice. So readjust your attitude kindly ^^

    (credit goes to Skiyomi)

  4. #3854
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    185

    Default

    Mewtwo's original VA sounded so badass =.=
    I guess they changed the VA to be suitable with Mewtwo's new form, since it looks like a baby
    3DS Code : 4957-3413-2591

  5. #3855

    Default

    WHAT THE HELL.

    Female Mewtwo? No, i'm not believing this is the same one. Let's hope we'll get some explanation later that it comes from divverent timeline/universe or something like Lucario.

    DON'T RUIN WHAT ISN'T BROKEN FOR THE GIRATINA'S SAKE.
    Last edited by Nightstar1994; 18th April 2013 at 7:18 AM.

  6. #3856
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    8,428

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sacred View Post
    Mewtwo's original VA sounded so badass =.=
    I guess they changed the VA to be suitable with Mewtwo's new form, since it looks like a baby
    Maybe he's de-aging. So his "man-made" form isn't lasting so he must be reborn/awakened into his new form thus the "baby" voice.



  7. #3857
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    I don't remember...
    Posts
    1,342

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sacred View Post
    Mewtwo's original VA sounded so badass =.=
    I guess they changed the VA to be suitable with Mewtwo's new form, since it looks like a baby
    i have to admit his voice sounds a lot younger and girlier. but then again it's new form does seem to have more feminine traits than before, so that may explain the new voice.

    Always watching. Always waiting. Never truly at peace in a realm of its own.
    Giratina will return....someday.



  8. #3858
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Sweden~
    Posts
    3,855

    Default

    Umm, sorry, what did I miss? Why do Mewtwo sound like a she suddenly? Or did he sounds like that before in Japanese (never heard him in Japanese)?

    In any case... I laughed. In a bad way...
    Is apparantly Dragon Type in the Friend Safari. Neat.

    One of these Spoilers has a very Hot Chick hidden. One has Yaoi. And one will eat your Soul. Choose at your own risk~

        Spoiler:- Number 1:

        Spoiler:- Number 2:

        Spoiler:- Number 3:

  9. #3859
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Lysandre's bed.
    Posts
    48,100

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MastersOfMonsters View Post
    In any case... I laughed. In a bad way...
    That makes two of us. This new female voice of his isn't working. I know female seiyuu often voice male characters, but they usually do a good job of sounding masculine whereas Mewtwo's new seiyuu isn't bothering to alter her vocals and as a result, Mewtwo sounds like a generic female character. He needs to ditch that voice that he clearly stole from a baby and get his masculine voice back imo.

  10. #3860
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Sweden~
    Posts
    3,855

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ciccone View Post
    That makes two of us. This new female voice of his isn't working. I know female seiyuu often voice male characters, but they usually do a good job of sounding masculine whereas Mewtwo's new seiyuu isn't bothering to alter her vocals and as a result, Mewtwo sounds like a generic female character. He needs to ditch that voice that he clearly stole from a baby and get his masculine voice back imo.
    Females voicing males is usually great, especially for young boys (Naruto, Edward Elric, Luffy, etc). But yeah, I must say, I hate this voice for him (can I call it a "him", still?)

    Also, was that Genesect that talked in the beginning?
    Is apparantly Dragon Type in the Friend Safari. Neat.

    One of these Spoilers has a very Hot Chick hidden. One has Yaoi. And one will eat your Soul. Choose at your own risk~

        Spoiler:- Number 1:

        Spoiler:- Number 2:

        Spoiler:- Number 3:

  11. #3861

    Default

    So.

    Aside from Feminine!Mewtwo and a cheery pop song playing while a city is being destroyed, it's pretty interesting.

    Red Genesect having a darkness laser is pretty odd, but hey, it's cool. And Douse Drive Genesect and Good Guy Genesect are indeed one and the same.

    I CALLED IT.

    And New Tork City being the homeplace of Genesect 300,000,000 years ago seems like an interesting, if somewhat cliché motive for the army. And it looks like their way (kill and destroy everything) is the easiest because, realistically, you can't make an entire CITY move.
    Shokotan: "And then, in Extremespeed Genesect: The Awakening of Mewtwo, we meet another Mewtwo!"
    Yuyama: "Yes, I thought it'd be better if it was a different Mewtwo."
    Good for you Yuyama. Too bad you've singlehandedly torpedoed any lingering respect I and anyone else had for you.

  12. #3862
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    With Yo Mamma
    Posts
    2,824

    Default

    I don't get why Red Genesect's laser hits the Douse Drive Genesect as well as Ash & co. Perhaps the four back-up singers other Genesect see sense, but Red remains adamant?

    And I hope Mewtwo has its forme explained well. I personally love the way it looks in the movie.

  13. #3863
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Sweden~
    Posts
    3,855

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MidnightFennekin View Post
    I don't get why Red Genesect's laser hits the Douse Drive Genesect as well as Ash & co. Perhaps the four back-up singers other Genesect see sense, but Red remains adamant?

    And I hope Mewtwo has its forme explained well. I personally love the way it looks in the movie.
    Apparantly. Ash befriends the Douse Genesect. Which should be interesting. ^^
    Is apparantly Dragon Type in the Friend Safari. Neat.

    One of these Spoilers has a very Hot Chick hidden. One has Yaoi. And one will eat your Soul. Choose at your own risk~

        Spoiler:- Number 1:

        Spoiler:- Number 2:

        Spoiler:- Number 3:

  14. #3864
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Bay Area, hugging my Dreamcast
    Posts
    4,573

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Munchlax View Post
    O had no idea Japanese Mewtwo sounded so feminine -_-
    Ugh. Whoever has NOT watched the original Japanese versions of the first movie and the Mewtwo Special (I have no idea why you wouldn't), here:

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CnX6x...ature=youtu.be

    COMPLETELY different voices. Original Mewtwo sounded like a manly badass; this Mewtwo sounds like a completely different character, a wise older woman.

    The change is jarring, and if it is the same character (which it most likely isn't - though that's pretty dumb in its own right), they pretty much messed up in that department. On paper, they may be the same character, but a sudden change in voice portrayal does make or break a character in this type of media, especially when it's this far off. And it's not like they couldn't get Ichimura-san to reprise his role, he's still pretty active, or at least get someone that sounds just as masculine.
    Last edited by Satoshi; 18th April 2013 at 12:37 PM.
    Tales of REDPLICAAAAAA!
    Anime Blog [x] Art [0] Bishoujou [0] BMGf [x] LiveJournal [x] Eggbear! [x] Credit [n/a]
    .UVERworld。

  15. #3865
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    12,799

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gohan5 View Post
    Don't put words in my mouth. I never said it was a fanbase complaining thing, and I never said I didn't understand where people were coming from. However, I don't believe that Mewtwo's "character" has been destroyed, since I still see it in the same light, male or female voice. So readjust your attitude kindly ^^
    That was more directed at other people than you, if it doesn't apply to you then completely ignore it.
    Misinterpreting my posts is not your fault, negative repping me, and getting very sensitive about my posts because you misinterpreted my posts however is your fault. Think really hard, before negative repping or making a big deal about my posts. I don't appreciate being negative repped for reasons that are a result of misinterpreting my posts.

  16. #3866
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    NO
    Posts
    844

    Default

    Anyway, who sings the song?


    Nothing but basic. You want to know me more? Ask me everything! I am otaku, fujoshi, love yuri too. Self-proclaimed Trip's queen on Pokemon fandom
    Favorite 2014 Anime characters so far : Haruka/Konoha/Kuroha Kokonose, Rin Matsuoka, Clear (DMMD), Haru Ichinose, Ayato Kirishima, Kaine Seiya, Shoyou Hinata, Izumi Sena, Souji Okita (BakuRock!), Yato, Yuu Sonoda, Nico Yazawa

  17. #3867
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Sweden~
    Posts
    3,855

    Default

    No, I really, really don't like this voice. I grew up with his old Swedish Voice, and it sounds even more badass than that original Japanese one.

    I kinda hope that's another Mewtwo (however that would work)... -__-
    Is apparantly Dragon Type in the Friend Safari. Neat.

    One of these Spoilers has a very Hot Chick hidden. One has Yaoi. And one will eat your Soul. Choose at your own risk~

        Spoiler:- Number 1:

        Spoiler:- Number 2:

        Spoiler:- Number 3:

  18. #3868
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Indonesia
    Posts
    657

    Default

    why everyone mad about mewtwo new voice , i thought mewtwo is genderless pokemon ?
    and someone said HIS to mewtwo is mewtwo gender confirmed to male ?
    Welcome Gen VI


    PIKACHU
    the mascot of pokemon franchise

  19. #3869
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Sweden~
    Posts
    3,855

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by k6666 View Post
    why everyone mad about mewtwo new voice , i thought mewtwo is genderless pokemon ?
    and someone said HIS to mewtwo is mewtwo gender confirmed to male ?
    He is officially genderless, yes, but I guess the reason people are mad is because that voice just don't fit that character. And because his voice used to be very manly and 'badass-sounding'. To go from that, to a girly voice like that, well, I understand people being upset.
    Is apparantly Dragon Type in the Friend Safari. Neat.

    One of these Spoilers has a very Hot Chick hidden. One has Yaoi. And one will eat your Soul. Choose at your own risk~

        Spoiler:- Number 1:

        Spoiler:- Number 2:

        Spoiler:- Number 3:

  20. #3870
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    6,380

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by k6666 View Post
    why everyone mad about mewtwo new voice , i thought mewtwo is genderless pokemon ?
    and someone said HIS to mewtwo is mewtwo gender confirmed to male ?
    Genderless = gender is unknown, not that it doesn't have a gender.

  21. #3871
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Dragon Village
    Posts
    2,247

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dman_dustin View Post
    That was more directed at other people than you, if it doesn't apply to you then completely ignore it.
    Same to you bud.

    Quote Originally Posted by MastersOfMonsters View Post
    He is officially genderless, yes, but I guess the reason people are mad is because that voice just don't fit that character. And because his voice used to be very manly and 'badass-sounding'. To go from that, to a girly voice like that, well, I understand people being upset.
    Right, because that's what people associate the original Mewtwo with, it's surprising, but it doesn't make or break Mewtwo as a character. Had it been originally voiced by a woman, nobody would bat an eye now. It's character is still the same, whether or not people like it's voice is another story.

    Quote Originally Posted by lolipiece View Post
    Genderless = gender is unknown, not that it doesn't have a gender.
    Which is pretty much the same thing when you're talking about Pokemon. But the technicality of one word is hardly the issue.

    (credit goes to Skiyomi)

  22. #3872
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    5,180

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by k6666 View Post
    why everyone mad about mewtwo new voice , i thought mewtwo is genderless pokemon ?
    and someone said HIS to mewtwo is mewtwo gender confirmed to male ?
    Because apparently Mewtwo is too cool to have such a feminine voice and it's not as good as the original Japanese VA despite the fact that a majority of the people here including myself have not even seen the original Japanese version. I just don't see what the big deal is it's just a voice deal with it and move on Cameron's Lucario had a feminine voice in the Japanese version and not a thing was said about it.

  23. #3873
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Sweden~
    Posts
    3,855

    Default

    I wouldn't mind Mewtwo's voice being feminine, but I'm used to him having a dark, cool and manly voice. I may not 'really' break his character, but I'm not fully ok with it. It sounds wrong in my opinion.

    If it's another Mewtwo (which would be odd), I won't mind as much, since many Pokémon have different voices. But if this is the original Mewtwo, I think changing his voice like that is pretty bad. I don't like it when characters gets completely new voices like that.

    @JD
    Lucario's voice in the Japanese version wasn't really reminine, like like just pretty light. It sounded like a "normal dog voice", so to say.
    Is apparantly Dragon Type in the Friend Safari. Neat.

    One of these Spoilers has a very Hot Chick hidden. One has Yaoi. And one will eat your Soul. Choose at your own risk~

        Spoiler:- Number 1:

        Spoiler:- Number 2:

        Spoiler:- Number 3:

  24. #3874
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    5,617

    Default

    I don't have a problem with the voice, but it is disapointing that they managed to write another Mewtwo into existence. Not sure if it's a good move.
    3DS FC: 3652-1012-6122

    Baking Soda, I got Baking Soda!


  25. #3875
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Portugal
    Posts
    210

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Satoshi View Post
    Ugh. Whoever has NOT watched the original Japanese versions of the first movie and the Mewtwo Special (I have no idea why you wouldn't), here:

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CnX6x...ature=youtu.be

    COMPLETELY different voices. Original Mewtwo sounded like a manly badass; this Mewtwo sounds like a completely different character, a wise older woman.
    Thanks for the clip. He refers to himself as watashi in both cases , which is gender neutral, but in movie 1 he speaks in an informal way and in the new trailer he speaks in a formal one.

    My new guess was that each Mewtwo form had a different voice and that they used the feminine voice (new form) with regular Mewtwo footage but then I remembered that Satoshi, Iris and Dent both responded to something the feminine voice said and it still was regular Mewtwo... Is it possible for this trailer to still have scenes that won't appear in the movie?
    Will have access to Steelix's Mega Stone. LF Shiny Vivillons, legit Japanese event shiny Jirachi, legit Japanese Diancie, legit Japanese Wonderland Darkrai.

    FT: Diancie, Ball/Fancy Vivillon, Wonderland , Mega Stones, Enigma Berry and Pokerus.

    Kalos Shinies:






    All Shiny Vivillon except Sun/Events. Chesnaught (M). Greninja (F)

    X 0602-7374-3204 - エックス (Elegant)

    Y 4527-8721-8292 - ワイ (Monsoon)

Page 155 of 247 FirstFirst ... 55105145151152153154155156157158159165205 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •