Page 156 of 247 FirstFirst ... 56106146152153154155156157158159160166206 ... LastLast
Results 3,876 to 3,900 of 6162

Thread: Movie 16 - ExtremeSpeed Genesect & The Awakening of Mewtwo - FIRST DETAILS

I'm only going to say this once: IT'S THE SAME MEWTWO.

The female voice does not even matter to me at this point. All I'm focused on is the movie itself. So what if a character we haven't seen for so long gets a new voice that's not the same? It's probably to be expected considering the time jump from the first movie to this one.

All I'm really concerned about here is how the relationship between people and Pokémon fit in with both Genesect and Mewtwo for this movie.

Genesect lived 300 million years ago, correct? But at the same time, they've all been modified by humans into weaponized Pokémon.

Mewtwo, on the other hand, was a Pokémon created from the rare DNA of Mew. It, I repeat, IT was not supposed to exist in this world, as it said. Beginning from the first movie's ending, I'm sure Mewtwo has changed because of the environment of people and Pokémon that it saw.

I really don't like calling a Pokémon, it, 'cause it just sounds degrading, but it's the only thing I can saw to get you guys to understand, or at least try to understand. MEWTWO IS MEWTWO, AND THAT'S ALL.

Anyways, speaking of the relationship between people and Pokémon, besides the obvious fight that will take place in the story, who else wants to see the Genesects', and Mewtwo's pasts.

For Mewtwo, I mean after what had happened in Mewtwo Returns.

^ Do we know for sure that it's the same Mewtwo, though? I'm sure it is, but I've not seen any confirmination yet. ^^

Also, yes, Mewtwo is Mewtwo, but you have to understand that some people don't like it when a character's voice changes so drastically.
    Is apparantly Dragon Type in the Friend Safari. Neat.

One of these Spoilers has a very Hot Chick hidden. One has Yaoi. And one will eat your Soul. Choose at your own risk~

Spoiler:- Number 1:

Spoiler:- Number 2:

Spoiler:- Number 3:

The voice change is pretty random, but I'm hoping it's the same Mewtwo. I'll watch the movie regardless though, it looks pretty interesting.

That being said, since Mewtwo uses telepathy, couldn't it technically use whatever voice it wanted to? I'm not sure how the rules of telepathy work in Pokemon though.
    I don't think that's why they changed the voice though, that'd be a pretty dumb reason. "We changed it because it's Mewtwo and Mewtwo can do whatever it wants."
    Anyway, it was just a thought I had, if only to justify it until we learn more.

One think i don't understand is why do the animators/writers always add a crying Pikachu part in the trailers when it really isn't going to be in the official release.

I have noticed this from 7th movie onwards, in each trailer there is always a a scene were Pikachu is shown crying.

Quote Originally Posted by MastersOfMonsters View Post
    ^ Do we know for sure that it's the same Mewtwo, though? I'm sure it is, but I've not seen any confirmination yet. ^^
    No confirmation... and honestly, everything points to this being a different Mewtwo at this point.

(As an off-hand note, reading the Japanese fandom's reactions to Mewtwo's new form and voice is amusing as hell.)

Quote Originally Posted by JD View Post
    Because apparently Mewtwo is too cool to have such a feminine voice and it's not as good as the original Japanese VA despite the fact that a majority of the people here including myself have not even seen the original Japanese version.
    That's a very broad claim to make.

Quote Originally Posted by gohan5 View Post
    I just don't see what the big deal is it's just a voice deal with it and move on Cameron's Lucario had a feminine voice in the Japanese version and not a thing was said about it.
    His Lucario was its own individual character separate from the other Lucario. People are assuming this Mewtwo is the same Mewtwo as the one we know, and this voice doesn't fit THAT Mewtwo at all.

If it's a different Mewtwo? Fine. Though it being a different Mewtwo is a problem in itself, that's a separate issue altogether.

Quote Originally Posted by gohan5 View Post
    Right, because that's what people associate the original Mewtwo with, it's surprising, but it doesn't make or break Mewtwo as a character. Had it been originally voiced by a woman, nobody would bat an eye now. It's character is still the same, whether or not people like it's voice is another story.
    If he was originally voiced by a woman and the voice directors knew what they were doing, she *still* wouldn't sound like that. From the acting in the trailer, her speech patterns and tone don't match the original character at all. For one thing, she uses "desu" as a copula for nouns as opposed to the original Mewtwo's "da" (a formality change which sort of indicates that they may be different characters after all). Secondly, the way she talks does not give me the impression that this Mewtwo could ever be the same character that was the lost soul featured in the first movie. She sounds way too gentle, as opposed to Ichimura-san who successfully portrayed an "enlightened" Mewtwo at the end of the TV special while still retaining a tone that was identifiable to who the original Mewtwo was as his own being and character. Her acting is almost the exact same as the seiyuu who did the talking Laplace in the Kanto Christmas special. It's good acting, but not good acting for the character.

For Pete's sake, Takashima-san is going to be the narrator for the "Pikachu and Eevee Friends" special. Not exactly someone who I would imagine to be casted as the Mewtwo from the first movie. If this *is* the same character, then these are blatant errors in the script and casting. If it was cast as a female from the very beginning, fine, a female could nail those qualities just as easily. But it was given a clear-as-day masculine voice in all of its prior appearances, and suddenly giving him a feminine voice is a downright weird decision.

Bad voice direction can make or break a character's impression on the viewer. This isn't manga nor a novel. It's an anime, a visual and sound medium. Those elements play just a big of a part as the writing does when it comes to portraying assets of the story or the mood, such as the characters. Many great early RPG stories are hard to take seriously because their dubs are so campy and a movie with great writing can fall apart if the actors can't play their roles.

Which is pretty much the same thing when you're talking about Pokemon. But the technicality of one word is hardly the issue.
    Not in the anime, where it was previously portrayed with a masculine voice, implying that it's male. That, and an unknown gender is hardly the same as lacking a gender.

Quote Originally Posted by alakazam^ View Post
    Is it possible for this trailer to still have scenes that won't appear in the movie?
    It's possible, since this trailer seems to be a continuation of the previous one. And we all know Pokemon movie trailers like to trick us with false footage.
    Last edited by Satoshi; 19th April 2013 at 6:19 AM.
    Tales of REDPLICAAAAAA!
    Anime Blog [x] Art [0] Bishoujou [0] BMGf [x] LiveJournal [x] Eggbear! [x] Credit [n/a]
    .UVERworld。

Edit: Mewtwo Strikes Back! Confirmed for airing on May 3rd.
    Source: http://www.tv-tokyo.co.jp/anime/pokemon_bw/news/

He is officially genderless, yes, but I guess the reason people are mad is because that voice just don't fit that character. And because his voice used to be very manly and 'badass-sounding'. To go from that, to a girly voice like that, well, I understand people being upset.
    So it's understandable when the voice you heard in your childhood gets changed. However, when I say that the story I like to remember about Mewtwo has been changed, and that I am upset because of that, I get hammered for being too nostalgic, my vision blurred, 'cry me a river'd', 'oh get over it'd'... Yeah, totally..

Old Mewtwo probably died somewhere, or spliced a part of his genetic code off, resulting in this abomination.

Quote Originally Posted by JD View Post
    Because apparently Mewtwo is too cool to have such a feminine voice and it's not as good as the original Japanese VA despite the fact that a majority of the people here including myself have not even seen the original Japanese version. I just don't see what the big deal is it's just a voice deal with it and move on Cameron's Lucario had a feminine voice in the Japanese version and not a thing was said about it.
    In every version, Mewtwo had a masculin voice. If anything, it isn't a sexist-debate, which you try so desperately to turn it into, it is just a cry out for at least some continuity to the previous films/engagements with Mewtwo.

Quote Originally Posted by NegaiFreak View Post
    I'm only going to say this once: IT'S THE SAME MEWTWO.

The female voice does not even matter to me at this point. All I'm focused on is the movie itself. So what if a character we haven't seen for so long gets a new voice that's not the same? It's probably to be expected considering the time jump from the first movie to this one.

All I'm really concerned about here is how the relationship between people and Pokémon fit in with both Genesect and Mewtwo for this movie.

Genesect lived 300 million years ago, correct? But at the same time, they've all been modified by humans into weaponized Pokémon.

Mewtwo, on the other hand, was a Pokémon created from the rare DNA of Mew. It, I repeat, IT was not supposed to exist in this world, as it said. Beginning from the first movie's ending, I'm sure Mewtwo has changed because of the environment of people and Pokémon that it saw.

I really don't like calling a Pokémon, it, 'cause it just sounds degrading, but it's the only thing I can saw to get you guys to understand, or at least try to understand. MEWTWO IS MEWTWO, AND THAT'S ALL.

Anyways, speaking of the relationship between people and Pokémon, besides the obvious fight that will take place in the story, who else wants to see the Genesects', and Mewtwo's pasts.

For Mewtwo, I mean after what had happened in Mewtwo Returns.
    If it doesn't matter to you, then you are looking at a change in continuity and saying: "Oh well, who cares." When Mewtwo was announced to be in this movie, we were all looking for continuity between the previous events and how it would act now. Apparently, there's a bit of a continuity change (voice), and this leads to questions about what else might've changed in the continuity. Hence the upset. Oh well, Best Wishes is known for screwing around with the Original Series, so it was to be expected.

Your comments make me lol, not because of what you're saying, but because what others have said.. I've always claimed that Mewtwo and Genesect have completely different stories, but all that people can see is: Modified/altered, and associated with a villainous team, hence they are the same. While the truth can't be further off, especially showcased in this movie:

- Mewtwo: Existential crisis
    - Genesect: Want to return home after being revived and modified, but obviously, can't and therefore rampage..

The key difference that Mewtwo has to come to terms with being a clone, while Genesect have to come to terms with not being able to go home and have to adjust to the world as it is now.

Those are two very, very, very distinct storylines.

Quote Originally Posted by Dephender View Post
    No confirmation... and honestly, everything points to this being a different Mewtwo at this point.
    Which means that I really don't care about it at all, because the reasons for being here would be incredibly forced. Great, now I can go look forward to movie 17, because this doesn't interest me anymore.
    Answer to all the bad things in the world: Give up on trying to make everything better. Hence, accepting it for what it is. YOLO! <- Click the link and daw.. -.-

This new Mewtwo forme is just.. awful.

Way to take a perfectly decent Pokemon and destroy it. Hope they don't do the same with any other legendaries..
    OR Playthrough - Route 118

This won't change often.. I play through the games slowly..

Quote Originally Posted by Sweet-Poffin View Post
    I don't think that's why they changed the voice though, that'd be a pretty dumb reason. "We changed it because it's Mewtwo and Mewtwo can do whatever it wants."
    I believe that the latest interview explains that Mewtwo was given a female voice to portray its friendly approach. It's unclear whether this means a personality change for the original Mewtwo or using a different individual.

I don't really mind the voice change, but the more they go out of their way to focus on Mewtwo being different, the harder it is to believe that this is the same Mewtwo. There are subtler and more sophisticated ways to establish character development. That said, there is no way they could make a different Mewtwo fit into the continuity.

Quote Originally Posted by ShinyCharyZard View Post

Way to take a perfectly decent Pokemon and destroy it. Hope they don't do the same with any other legendaries..
    Hey! No bashing!

Just kidding, I completely agree.. I had a quarrel about this subject matter in the Legendaries-thread of the Gen6 subforum. The reason he sited was that Mewtwo needed a Forme in order to stay relevant with the new target audience.

I replied with that I'll be looking forward to new formes of Mew, Celebi, Jirachi, Ho-Oh, Lugia, Zapdos, Latios, Rayquaza, Phione and Darkrai and others.. Not to mention a Dark-type Regi, as all Regi's share a Fighting-type weakness. Also, GameFreak has mentioned that they hoped that XY would appeal to both older and new fans alike. Meaning that the new target audience isn't given a special treatment, furthermore that would imply that Mewtwo somehow has to become relevant again in XY, which likely isn't the case considering how older pokemon never play a role in the new games, outside of being capturable, such as Cresselia on the Marvelous Bridge.
    Answer to all the bad things in the world: Give up on trying to make everything better. Hence, accepting it for what it is. YOLO! <- Click the link and daw.. -.-

Quote Originally Posted by ShinyCharyZard View Post

Good thing no one is forcing you to use it.....or is someone doing that?
    My first shiny ever caught!

Named Admiral Sentret

mewtwo.jpg

old pokemon was the best look at the new design crap :/ really disappointed

Quote Originally Posted by Locormus View Post
    If it doesn't matter to you, then you are looking at a change in continuity and saying: "Oh well, who cares." When Mewtwo was announced to be in this movie, we were all looking for continuity between the previous events and how it would act now. Apparently, there's a bit of a continuity change (voice), and this leads to questions about what else might've changed in the continuity. Hence the upset. Oh well, Best Wishes is known for screwing around with the Original Series, so it was to be expected.

Your comments make me lol, not because of what you're saying, but because what others have said.. I've always claimed that Mewtwo and Genesect have completely different stories, but all that people can see is: Modified/altered, and associated with a villainous team, hence they are the same. While the truth can't be further off, especially showcased in this movie:

- Mewtwo: Existential crisis
    - Genesect: Want to return home after being revived and modified, but obviously, can't and therefore rampage..

The key difference that Mewtwo has to come to terms with being a clone, while Genesect have to come to terms with not being able to go home and have to adjust to the world as it is now.

Those are two very, very, very distinct storylines.
    Of course there are people who think this was to be expected because of what Best Wishes has done with the anime so far. Look, I'm not going to disagree with you in the slightest. I just believe that this is the same Mewtwo from before. If it isn't, then I don't expect it to recognize Ash or anyone else.

Your other notes are correct as well. Now Genesect has to come to terms with being put into a new world, with no home. They think destruction is their only path. Which is why Mewtwo is there to stop them. Again, this could result in a good storyline. If I were you, I'd stick around to wait and see the outcome of what this movie will be like.

But then again, it's your call.

EDIT: To all those people complaining about the new Mewtwo form, lay off. I find it to be a creative idea, considering it's a form from another generation, something that has never been done, unless I'm mistaken.
    Last edited by NegaiFreak; 18th April 2013 at 2:35 PM.

Of course there are people who think this was to be expected because of what Best Wishes has done with the anime so far. Look, I'm not going to disagree with you in the slightest. I just believe that this is the same Mewtwo from before. If it isn't, then I don't expect it to recognize Ash or anyone else.
    This is what I posted on BMGf.

I'd like to note that the possibility of this being a different Mewtwo grows even more the more I compare speech patterns between the original Mewtwo and the one from the trailer. While they both use the same first-person pronoun (私, watashi), the first movie Mewtwo has a less formal speech pattern than the one in the trailer. For instance, the first movie Mewtwo uses da as a copula for nouns, while the M16 Mewtwo seems to use desu.
    (Here's the voice clips for reference again: http://youtu.be/CnX6xY_JwuA)

And according to Dogasu, the manga adaptation of this movie gives no indication that this Mewtwo has met Satoshi before. It's most likely a different Mewtwo.
    Tales of REDPLICAAAAAA!
    Anime Blog [x] Art [0] Bishoujou [0] BMGf [x] LiveJournal [x] Eggbear! [x] Credit [n/a]
    .UVERworld。

Quote Originally Posted by hygenics View Post
    mewtwo.jpg

old pokemon was the best look at the new design crap :/ really disappointed
    Then get a time machine and live in 1998.
    My first shiny ever caught!

Named Admiral Sentret

@Locormus
    I've never said any of those things, though, so I hope you didn't aim that specifically to me.

@Kein
    Really? Aww... But nice guys with Evil-sounding voices are so good.

One of these Spoilers has a very Hot Chick hidden. One has Yaoi. And one will eat your Soul. Choose at your own risk~

Mewtwo looks weird in the movie imo. He looked much better in the first movie tbh. Oh thats the digital evolution for ya.

I didn't like how Mewtwo changes to his new form. No emotions and zero drama in it (I thought he would reach it in the battle, seeing he has no chance against those genesects). But oh well..

Quote Originally Posted by Fairplay View Post
    Mewtwo looks weird in the movie imo. He looked much better in the first movie tbh. Oh thats the digital evolution for ya.

I didn't like how Mewtwo changes to his new form. No emotions and zero drama in it (I thought he would reach it in the battle, seeing he has no chance against those genesects). But oh well..
    Don't worry, that's most likely not the final transformation. A lot of the scenes in early trailers are never even in the movie. ^^ Doesn't mean it can't be like that this time, of course.

Don't worry, that's most likely not the final transformation. A lot of the scenes in early trailers are never even in the movie. ^^ Doesn't mean it can't be like that this time, of course.
    Oh didn't know that. Thanks and hopefully you're right ^^.

Quote Originally Posted by Fairplay View Post
    Oh didn't know that. Thanks and hopefully you're right ^^.
    lol, you're welcome. XD Just don't expect something mega awesome revolving his transformation. Even if what we saw isn't what will be in the movie, it can still be something equally simple.

Also, anyone, the one that talked in the start of that trailer, was that Genesect?

Quote Originally Posted by _Taidow_ View Post
    Maybe he's de-aging. So his "man-made" form isn't lasting so he must be reborn/awakened into his new form thus the "baby" voice.
    If that's the case, I will totally accept that. It doesn't exactly make sense right there, but if his body is breaking down (in which case, shouldn't he sound more exhausted?), then him being reborn into a different form/body makes sense. But the transformation will need to look epic, and it doesn't look epic in the trailer. Let's just hope it actually gets animated for the movie, because a swirling vortex obscuring everything from view is very cheap for this character.

Quote Originally Posted by Sweet-Poffin View Post
    That being said, since Mewtwo uses telepathy, couldn't it technically use whatever voice it wanted to? I'm not sure how the rules of telepathy work in Pokemon though.
    Why would Mewtwo want to sound like a prima donna because he wanted to? Unless he's experimenting with different voices, it makes no sense. He was pretty much a little boy when he was a baby and young child, so whether the scientists tweaked the genes for a specific gender or not, Mewtwo became male, so his voice would obviously fit the part of a male. They probably also didn't care what gender he would be, so he just turned out to be male whether it was from the Mew fossil or not. So I don't really think Mewtwo has any choice in that matter unless he actually experimented on himself for whatever reason--in which case, where did he get the resources to do so?

I'm going to pretend he breathed in too much city smog, and so he's kinda high for the entire movie, he's just too out-of-it to notice.
    Winner of Best Pokémon/Pokémon Fic of 2013 in the Shipping Oscars
    Current Chapter: Chapter Ten - 3/17/14 / Current: Requiem I - 11/17/14 - Chapter 21 progress: 66%
    I survived Pupa.

Quote Originally Posted by Locormus View Post
    I replied with that I'll be looking forward to new formes of Mew, Celebi, Jirachi, Ho-Oh, Lugia, Zapdos, Latios, Rayquaza, Phione and Darkrai and others.. Not to mention a Dark-type Regi, as all Regi's share a Fighting-type weakness. Also, GameFreak has mentioned that they hoped that XY would appeal to both older and new fans alike. Meaning that the new target audience isn't given a special treatment, furthermore that would imply that Mewtwo somehow has to become relevant again in XY, which likely isn't the case considering how older pokemon never play a role in the new games, outside of being capturable, such as Cresselia on the Marvelous Bridge.
    But but genetics is the theme of XY D:...at the very least, genetics is very relevant.

And gamefreak can choose which pokemon they want to play with. They just choose mewtwo.

Aside from that, i'm going to throughly enjoy watching mewtwo fight against them.

Though Ash recognizes mewtwo, but this mewtwo is a different mewtwo? :O confuzzling...
    When refering to learning..."In other words, groups are not where ideas are born. Groups are where ideas are evaluated."
    My eyes! (my eyes!) are filled with curiosity! You think! (You think!) that you have power over me! In this life! (This life!) There’s no room for you and me! So turn around and face the day with me!
    Such a sexy song. Urgh.

Quote Originally Posted by EmphaticPikachu View Post
    Though Ash recognizes mewtwo, but this mewtwo is a different mewtwo? :O confuzzling...
    It's probably the same one, just with an odd choice in voice actor.
    To right the countless wrongs of our day, we shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise. What a wonderful world such would be...

Quote Originally Posted by yuoke View Post
    Good thing no one is forcing you to use it.....or is someone doing that?
    What has been seen, can never be unseen.

EDIT: To all those people complaining about the new Mewtwo form, lay off. I find it to be a creative idea, considering it's a form from another generation, something that has never been done, unless I'm mistaken.
    Not counting Unown ? and !, which were mere novelties, it has never been done. The thing is, that this forme has far more implications than additional formes that have been added within a generation. Stuff like Skymin, Giratina-O those were fine, because they were always planned for within their generational design. It's one of those things that we should just accept, although if they force too much form changes within one generation then one can also complain a bit, but not about the form changes perse.

The thing with this new Mewtwo form, is that it very likely wasn't planned during GenI. So what happens, is that the original plans have been viewed by GF as unfulfilled, or not complete anymore, and thus labeled as failure. Which leads us to ask: 'Why was it a failure? We liked it! We don't need this change, so why?'

@Locormus
    I've never said any of those things, though, so I hope you didn't aim that specifically to me.

@Kein
    Really? Aww... But nice guys with Evil-sounding voices are so good.
    It wasn't specifically aimed at you. It's just an irk about how fidelity concerning the remembrance and continuity of the VA, is okay, but concerning the story change, and forme change is unaccepted. I just need to out my frustration at the hypocracy in some circumstances, and it's not directed at you, just that you pointed out a part of it.

@Locormus
    I see. ^^ Well, I've given up having good conversations here. So much hate on everything, and hate on the hate of everything. No matter.

Excluding Mewtwo's new voice (which isn't bad, I just hate it on Mewtwo) the movie looks awesome. Feraligatr looks neat. The Douse Genesect is very interesting. Crying Pikachu... the moviemakers are so mean to him. :P

Page 156 of 247 FirstFirst ... 56106146152153154155156157158159160166206 ... LastLast