Page 160 of 247 FirstFirst ... 60110150156157158159160161162163164170210 ... LastLast
Results 3,976 to 4,000 of 6162

Thread: Movie 16 - ExtremeSpeed Genesect & The Awakening of Mewtwo - FIRST DETAILS

Quote Originally Posted by MastersOfMonsters View Post
    And I think I read somewhere that they gave him that voice to make him sound more like a 'good Pokémon'. Som, there might not be a explonation in the movie itself.
    What, the voice director didn't want to tell Masachika Ichimura or another male voice actor, "Hey, Mewtwo's good now. While you may still sound deep and booming, and even commanding, be polite and soft like you're talking to your mother"? 'Cuz bad men can still love their mamas.

*shudders* I don't want to think about the possibility that Mewtwo underwent a sex change before or after turning into his new forme just to sound like a good Pokémon...

As for Douse Genesect losing its memory and becoming good, that sounds reasonable. I can see that happening.
    Winner of Best Pokémon/Pokémon Fic of 2013 in the Shipping Oscars
    Current Chapter: Chapter Ten - 3/17/14 / Current: Requiem I - 11/17/14 - Chapter 21 progress: 66%
    I survived Pupa.

Quote Originally Posted by ShinyCharyZard View Post
    Instead of making this a new forme, they should've made it a new clone, thus restoring the importance of Mew and Mewtwo in a way that didn't mess with either one..

But that's discussion for the game forums i'm guessing. I just can't say I'm excited for this movie if its not the same Mewtwo we know and love from the OS.
    It doens't mess with anything if people dont want dont use it ingame but yeah game talk like you said.

It is the same Mewtwo, people are just speculating it isn't because of the VA being diferent.

I personally believe it's just a voice change for the new form. (Maybe Mewtwo has reverse puberty issues). Look at the trailer again, Mewtwo is protecting Ash and his friends. What freaking reason would a new Mewtwo would have to do that? Besides Ash recognizes it, and speaks to it. They obviously look like they are familiar to each other. Let's just not jump to conclusions........

<--My tumblr
    Quote Originally Posted by EmphaticPikachu
    DRACO NO STOP. DRACO DOWN. DRACO NO FLIRTING WITH ME.
    Quote Originally Posted by Noodlerama

FF.Net profile: Here!!
    \

My thought of Mewtwo female voice is....Mewtwo was looking for his place in the pokemon world, after a long journey it have a change of heart (that is why in the trailer he goes sailor moon on us...then super saiyan 3, when it changes form)

So what does that supposed to do with the female voice....well to give vibe of thrust and kind heart creature they gave it a female voice...nothing says you can thrust on me like a female voice....what the heck if a women tell me jump off a bridge I will do it!!

Quote Originally Posted by _Taidow_ View Post
    So now people still think that this is the same Mewtwo?

There is no confirmation that it is or isn't.
    In the official manga screenshot pics, it show mewtwo having a flashback to when it was in the cloning chamber thing. And the fact that there is only one jewtwo because it was a specific made clone.
    My first shiny ever caught!

Named Admiral Sentret

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CnX6xY_JwuA

Should have kept a male voice actor... didn't have to sound sinister, but come on
    3DS code:1048-8163-5480
    Why exactly can't Ash get this little guy?
    "I already told you, I don't mind playing the bad guy every once in a while."~ Sonic the Hedgehog

Quote Originally Posted by Joltik-Kid View Post
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CnX6xY_JwuA

Should have kept a male voice actor... didn't have to sound sinister, but come on
    Why are you reminding me of this god awful event!

Why is this happening?

I'm one of the lucky people to have seen Movie 1 in Japanese, and I must say it is an absolute masterpiece. A large amount of Mewtwo's character is portrayed through how he sounds, so it's really frustrating to listen to his new voice. It was unneccessery, and there was absolutely no reason to change it considering we've had 80% confirmation that this is the same Mewtwo and the original VA is able to voice him. Regardless of the original VA though, any actor who sounds similar could have been used, not somebody who completely changes his character drastically.

Whole-heartedly agreeing with you here, Haunter. You pretty much explained it better than I ever could. I heard Masachika Ichimura's portrayal of Mewtwo through the CD Drama, and he had so much personality to him despite not seeing it all in action (and not really knowing what he was saying without the translation in front of me). So to listen to those sound clips makes me long even more for the original voice for the new movie, and it just brings me more and more to tears. I'm going to go listen to Masachika's singing to make me feel better.
    Winner of Best Pokémon/Pokémon Fic of 2013 in the Shipping Oscars
    Current Chapter: Chapter Ten - 3/17/14 / Current: Requiem I - 11/17/14 - Chapter 21 progress: 66%
    I survived Pupa.

Quote Originally Posted by Haunter227 View Post

Why is this happening?

I'm one of the lucky people to have seen Movie 1 in Japanese, and I must say it is an absolute masterpiece. A large amount of Mewtwo's character is portrayed through how he sounds, so it's really frustrating to listen to his new voice. It was unneccessery, and there was absolutely no reason to change it considering we've had 80% confirmation that this is the same Mewtwo and the original VA is able to voice him. Regardless of the original VA though, any actor who sounds similar could have been used, not somebody who completely changes his character drastically.
    Everyone in the Anime Spoilers section is lucky?

On Topic: Changing the voice actor is one thing, at least they should have picked up a better one, someone whose voice justify Mewtwo's character. This new voice is not suiting Mewtwo at all. She is trying to sound all sophisticated and powerful but it isn't working. This type of voice is not suited for this type of character. This reminds me of Sarah Notochenny and how she screams sometimes just to sound like Veronica Taylor. Even Brock's VA could have done a better job at it.

Well whats done is done. I hope it is the same Mewtwo. A different Mewtwo would be a big disappointment.

Quote Originally Posted by Kutie Pie View Post
    Whole-heartedly agreeing with you here, Haunter.
    This is definitely the biggest downside to the Movie for me so far.

Quote Originally Posted by Umbilical Noose View Post
    Everyone in the Anime Spoilers section is lucky?
    ?

Not everybody has seen Movie 1 in Japanese, in-fact scroll through the last 10 pages and you'll notice a large amount haven't.

Quote Originally Posted by Haunter227 View Post

Why is this happening?

Sorry ^_^;

Yeah...not sure what they were thinking, especially since there gonna reshow movie 1.
    3DS code:1048-8163-5480
    Why exactly can't Ash get this little guy?
    "I already told you, I don't mind playing the bad guy every once in a while."~ Sonic the Hedgehog

I just realized that this is not even the first Japanese voice change for Mewtwo - his child voice was portrayed by two different actors between Mewtwo Strikes Back and the Birth of Mewtwo CD drama.

(Banner by Matori)
    Beyond all ideals, the truth shall set you free...
    Most Recent: 17: The Bard and the Diva
    Next: Winter of Discontent

The steps on the road to the truth.
    The Firestorm Rebellion
    The Victory Star of Fate

Glacidia Network - The Home for Fanworks
    Best Wishes appreciation blog

That's common between CD dramas and anime.
    Will have access to Steelix's Mega Stone. LF Shiny Vivillons, legit Japanese event shiny Jirachi, legit Japanese Diancie, legit Japanese Wonderland Darkrai.

FT: Diancie, Ball/Fancy Vivillon, Wonderland , Mega Stones, Enigma Berry and Pokerus.

Kalos Shinies:

All Shiny Vivillon except Sun/Events. Chesnaught (M). Greninja (F)

X 0602-7374-3204 - エックス (Elegant)

Y 4527-8721-8292 - ワイ (Monsoon)

In the updated trailer with the rocket gang ending.
    You saw Red Genesect Attacking Ash & Co and a purple genesect....
    Sooooo: Maybe the purple regular genesect's see how bad they are and fight against the red genesect?

At the moment number 10 in double battles of the Netherlands.

Actually as far as we know it's just the one: the Douse Drive Genesect.
    Shokotan: "And then, in Extremespeed Genesect: The Awakening of Mewtwo, we meet another Mewtwo!"
    Yuyama: "Yes, I thought it'd be better if it was a different Mewtwo."
    Good for you Yuyama. Too bad you've singlehandedly torpedoed any lingering respect I and anyone else had for you.

i don't really care that mewtwo's voice is horrible, i'll end up watching the dub version anyways
    Latest AmourShipping AMV
    Proud Advance/AmourShipper ~ I would Also like to thank Larvitarr from tumblr who created this sig

Isn't everything we do in life a way to be loved a little more? ~ Before Sunrise ~
    Grooveshark | Tumblr | BulbaGarden | MyAnimeList | PSNProfiles | Youtube | Last.FM

I don't understand why people think that being voiced by a woman prevents Mewtwo from being badass...I mean there are plenty of strong women/girls in anime...Retsu Unohana from Bleach is a woman and she was the first Kenpachi (strongest warrior)...why should it be different for Mewtwo ?
    3DS Friend Code: 2895 6298 8523. PM me if you add me ^^
    I am a grass type with Ivysaur, Pansage and Gogoat
    Looking for Friend Safaris with : Vullaby, Inkay, Swirlix, Emolga, Galvantula, Tranquill, tropius, Maractus, Nincada, Ariados, Muk, Foretress, Bronzong, Excadrill, Krabby, Azumarill
    PM me if you have one of those

Restarted X: Currently going to Café Lysandre
    For those who added me before try to connect more often, I'll also try in order to get you back on my PSS

Little brother Friend code: 4270-2625-9622
    Grass safari: Oddish-Petilil-??? (He has 5 badges currently)
    please help him fill his friend safari

Because Mewtwo's not a woman.
    Shokotan: "And then, in Extremespeed Genesect: The Awakening of Mewtwo, we meet another Mewtwo!"
    Good for you Yuyama. Too bad you've singlehandedly torpedoed any lingering respect I and anyone else had for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Spin Attaxx View Post
    Because Mewtwo's not a woman.
    Its not man either as far as I'm concerned.

As I've said, the main reason most seems to be pissed (or at least a little annoyed) about the female voice, is that, since this is apparantly the same Mewtwo, they don't like that it's voice was changed. I wouldn't mind if it was another Mewtwo (I have nothing against a female voice normally). But I don't like how the same Mewtwo suddenly has such a drastically change in it's voice.

I'm sure the movie will be badass, and Mewtwo will once again be epic, but I just don't like it's new voice. And I'm also slightly dissapointed the Genesect doesn't talk in a robotic voice. :P
    Is apparantly Dragon Type in the Friend Safari. Neat.

One of these Spoilers has a very Hot Chick hidden. One has Yaoi. And one will eat your Soul. Choose at your own risk~

Spoiler:- Number 1:

Spoiler:- Number 2:

Spoiler:- Number 3:

Quote Originally Posted by Pepsi_Plunge View Post
    Its not man either as far as I'm concerned.
    Despite it's decisively masculine qualities?

And being genderless is Pokémon's fancy way of saying "we don't know this thing's gender", not literally "this thing has no gender".

I have to confess that when I heard Mewtwo's voice I thought that he was still masculine but they had made him younger...which could make sense considering that since Ash is still 10...not a year has passed since the first movie...depending when Mewtwo was created he can be younger biologically than Ash and therefore it makes sense for him to be voiced by a woman like most young boys in anime are...of course it doesn't explain why he was given an adult male voice in the first movie...

Actually I think it would have been more logical to give him a young sounding voice in movie 1 and a deeper one in all subsequent movies to show his growing maturity and character development...
    Last edited by Ze DreamGirl; 20th April 2013 at 1:46 PM.
    3DS Friend Code: 2895 6298 8523. PM me if you add me ^^
    I am a grass type with Ivysaur, Pansage and Gogoat
    Looking for Friend Safaris with : Vullaby, Inkay, Swirlix, Emolga, Galvantula, Tranquill, tropius, Maractus, Nincada, Ariados, Muk, Foretress, Bronzong, Excadrill, Krabby, Azumarill
    PM me if you have one of those

Restarted X: Currently going to Café Lysandre
    For those who added me before try to connect more often, I'll also try in order to get you back on my PSS

Little brother Friend code: 4270-2625-9622
    Grass safari: Oddish-Petilil-??? (He has 5 badges currently)
    please help him fill his friend safari

Quote Originally Posted by Spin Attaxx View Post
    Despite it's decisively masculine qualities?

And being genderless is Pokémon's fancy way of saying "we don't know this thing's gender", not literally "this thing has no gender".
    What masculine qualities?

Exactly it isn't either as far as we are concerned.

How about it's decisively manly voice in M01 and Mewtwo Returns?

How about the fact that it's essentally a "hardcore" Mew, with more muscles, something that is seen as manly?

How about the fact that there's little evidence to suggest that it is female other than "we don't know if it's male"?

Genderless is genderless. It means the pokemon doesn't have a known gender to it. It has to have some voice of course, and in the real world, there arent genderless people, so there isn't a voice for it. It's easier to depict genderless pokemon like metagross or magnezone, because you would imagine that they couldn't talk like humans at all.
    My first shiny ever caught!

Named Admiral Sentret

Page 160 of 247 FirstFirst ... 60110150156157158159160161162163164170210 ... LastLast