Page 167 of 247 FirstFirst ... 67117157163164165166167168169170171177217 ... LastLast
Results 4,151 to 4,175 of 6162

Thread: Movie 16 - ExtremeSpeed Genesect & The Awakening of Mewtwo - FIRST DETAILS

Quote Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
    Mastermind special takes place in Kanto. The proof of that is May's Squirtle is in the special.
    And Pikachu knows Volt Tackle.

(Banner by Matori)
    Beyond all ideals, the truth shall set you free...
    Most Recent: 18: Winter of Discontent
    Next: The Weight of the World (Part 1)

The steps on the road to the truth.
    The Firestorm Rebellion
    The Victory Star of Fate

Glacidia Network - The Home for Fanworks
    Best Wishes appreciation blog

Quote Originally Posted by The Great Butler View Post
    And Pikachu knows Volt Tackle.
    Funny enough, MoMP aired when Advanced Battle was still airing. Ash's Pikachu didn't learn Volt Tackle until later in the Battle Frontier in "May's Egg-cellent Adventure!" XD.

Quote Originally Posted by Haunter227 View Post
    Definetly, but it wasn't until mid DP that the voices were tolerable in my opinion.

The voices have been great in BW, definetly as good as 4kids ever was.
    Personally, I never really liked Brock's VA in the second half of DP: to me, he was just horrid in all of Sinnoh (though I did like the same VA in the Battle Frontier). He's the one that bugged me there...a little bit more than Ash's VA, actually. He was so deep and rough all the time...Eric Stuart's version wasn't perfect, but he actually made Brock sound more like a teenager and like his JPN seiyu did. Then again, Brock as a character felt neglected in DP and I feel he was severely shafted there, so maybe it's my bias speaking. Everyone else, though, I agree with you on.

On BW, can't agree, mainly because of Meowth's VA. He cannot, cannot pull off the sweet side of Meowth...Cathcart is downright miserable at it. The others...yes, they're almost as good, but Ash's VA still has trouble laughing, Jessie went back to sounding like a bit too high-pitched the last two dub eps, and James still sound a bit congested. It's certainly marked improvement from BF and DP, though. I'll say overall they are good, but not AS good as 4Kids was just yet.
    Last edited by PokemonNation2000; 1st May 2013 at 9:05 AM.
    Opinions Regarding the Pokémon:
    1. Anime: OS > AG > BW > DP > XY
    2. Movies: OS = AG > DP = BW = XY
    3. English Dub: 4Kids Entertainment/TAJ Productions (EP001-EP276; AG001-AG020) = 4Kids Entertainment (AG021-AG145) = TPCi/SDI Media (The Origin)/Very Good > TPCi/DuArt Film & Video (BW)/Poor > PUSA/TPCi/TAJ Productions (AG146-AG192)/Very Poor > TPCi/DuArt Film & Video (XY) = PUSA/TPCi/TAJ Productions/DuArt Film & Video (DP)/Atrocious
    4. Games: XY > BW1 > BW2 > RSE > GSC > Y > HGSS > DP > RBG
    5. Pokémon: The Origin: Excellent: 93/100.
    6. Manga: RS > RB > Y > FRLG > XY > BW > E > DP > GSC
    "It's like with each new Generation, Dogasu becomes an even bigger idiot than he was the last Generation." - Kalos Adventurer

Quote Originally Posted by Dwail8023 View Post

Personally, I never really liked Brock's VA in the second half of DP: to me, he was just horrid in all of Sinnoh (though I did like the same VA in the Battle Frontier). He's the one that bugged me there...a little bit more than Ash's VA, actually. He was so deep and rough all the time...Eric Stuart's version wasn't perfect, but he actually made Brock sound more like a teenager and like his JPN seiyu did. Then again, Brock as a character felt neglected in DP and I feel he was severely shafted there, so maybe it's my bias speaking. Everyone else, though, I agree with you on.

On BW, can't agree, mainly because of Meowth's VA. He cannot, cannot pull off the sweet side of Meowth...Cathcart is downright miserable at it. The others...yes, they're almost as good, but Ash's VA still has trouble laughing, Jessie went back to sounding like a bit too high-pitched the last two dub eps, and James still sound a bit congested. It's certainly marked improvement from BF and DP, though. I'll say overall they are good, but not AS good as 4Kids was just yet.
    I must admit I disliked the dub during the 2nd half of DP I watched most of BW in original Japanese so I havent heard too much of the dub but from what i heard only Iris and TR sound ok to me. Ash isnt too bad buy Cilan and the rivals are annoying......especially Trips deep voice for a 10 year old....

My 3DS Friend Code is: 4141-3174-0404

Friend Safari is Dragons (Noibat, Sliggoo,Fraxure)

Devoted Pearlshipper and as such I have released Chapter 4 of my new fic :
    https://www.fanfiction.net/s/9948785...-of-the-tunnel

I wonder if Amber will make a cameo appearance in this movie.

Quote Originally Posted by TBFBri10 View Post
    I wonder if Amber will make a cameo appearance in this movie.
    It's very unlikely.

Well... considering that the original Japanese version of the first movie does include the ten minutes of Mewtwo's origins, there are most likely going to be new viewers wondering about her. Amber has not been erased from his memories at all, he just can't remember that far back because he was sedated. Whether it happens or not, I will be happy if she makes just a cameo appearance, whether physically, or even as a voice. But that will only depend on if Mewtwo's backstory hasn't been tampered with like the manga suggests.

So I dunno. It would be a neat thing to do, but the writers are never consistent, so I shouldn't be keeping my hopes up in that regard.
    Winner of Best Pokémon/Pokémon Fic of 2013 in the Shipping Oscars
    Current Chapter: Chapter Ten - 3/17/14 / Current: Requiem I - 11/17/14 - Chapter 21 progress: 66%
    I survived Pupa.

Quote Originally Posted by Hikatoshi26 View Post
    I must admit I disliked the dub during the 2nd half of DP I watched most of BW in original Japanese so I havent heard too much of the dub but from what i heard only Iris and TR sound ok to me. Ash isnt too bad buy Cilan and the rivals are annoying......especially Trips deep voice for a 10 year old....
    I don't blame you. Trip's is a little too deep to sound 10, tbh. It doesn't really bug me, since I still like his voice, but I agree.

Iris sounds really good, actually, so I agree. TRio sounds good to me too (except Meowth at times...though he sounds really, really good in serious moments: the sweet moments...dear god, he doesn't fit them that well to me). Ash is a lot better to me than he was in DP, mainly because his dialogue isn't so...weird...now. The only problem I still have with his VA is the laugh she does...it's really fake to me. Still, it's good. lol.

Cilan sounds good now to me in BW, but at the beginning he was really off. He lacks the funny enthusiasm part Mamoru Miyano has, but I think he's getting there these days.
    3. English Dub: 4Kids Entertainment/TAJ Productions (EP001-EP276; AG001-AG020) = 4Kids Entertainment (AG021-AG145) = TPCi/SDI Media (The Origin)/Very Good > TPCi/DuArt Film & Video (BW)/Poor > PUSA/TPCi/TAJ Productions (AG146-AG192)/Very Poor > TPCi/DuArt Film & Video (XY) = PUSA/TPCi/TAJ Productions/DuArt Film & Video (DP)/Atrocious
    "It's like with each new Generation, Dogasu becomes an even bigger idiot than he was the last Generation." - Kalos Adventurer

Quote Originally Posted by Haunter227 View Post
    I imagine the Japanese Version of Mastermind Of Mirage Pokemon is brilliant, it's simply the Dub which is god awful in terms of voice acting.
    If I'm not mistaken...I thought they re-dubbed it
    3DS code:1048-8163-5480
    Why exactly can't Ash get this little guy?
    "I already told you, I don't mind playing the bad guy every once in a while."~ Sonic the Hedgehog

Quote Originally Posted by Joltik-Kid View Post
    They did redub it and MoMP was dubbed first it was for the american market before the Japanese market.

The re-dubbed English version is definitely better than the initial Kids' WB airing. That one was just too jarring for me...xD.

Sarah was still better than Kayzie at the time (though, IMO, the second weakest link in the dub at the time), Bill got his Brock voice more natural and smooth (probably my favorite voice in the redub), and everyone else got better to me.

They did redub it and MoMP was dubbed first it was for the american market before the Japanese market.
    Yup, you got it. It was still an improvement over the initial airing.
    Last edited by PokemonNation2000; 2nd May 2013 at 6:05 AM.

Yeah, I knew about American dubbing the special first
    "I already told you, I don't mind playing the bad guy every once in a while."~ Sonic the Hedgehog

Yeah, I knew about American dubbing the special first
    I was really sad after watching it air for the first time. I loved the old English dub, even with its edits...so yeah, lol. That was a real shocker for me...

Thankfully the re-dub was better, though. It got the voices to the point where I could tolerate all of them.
    Last edited by PokemonNation2000; 2nd May 2013 at 6:10 AM.

^And it still wasn't that great.
    I, stickerstaryoshi, am now authorized to use the usertitle "We got 3D: XY!", created by user Cresselia92 and to modify it according to my desires.

Fan of the Mario and Luigi series since 2005.

Quote Originally Posted by marioluigifan05 View Post
    ^And it still wasn't that great.
    Yeah, I agree. It was okay. Not one of my favorite episodes, one of my least favorite, though actually it's not my worst. I'm not sure what my worst or best episode is, actually, seeing as there are like 750+ episodes now! rofl. XD.
    Last edited by PokemonNation2000; 2nd May 2013 at 6:28 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dwail8023 View Post
    Yeah, I agree. It was okay. Not one of my favorite episodes, one of my least favorite, though actually it's not my worst. I'm not sure what my worst or best episode is, actually, seeing as there are like 750+ episodes now! rofl. XD.
    so very true I stopped tracking fav eps around beginning of Dp lol now I just have favorite battles/contest.

so very true I stopped tracking fav eps around beginning of Dp lol now I just have favorite battles/contest.
    same here. i prefer to just say that i enjoyed a certain battle rather than the whole episode. usually because an episode can be bad with a good battle. i still see 5 genesect is a bit of an overkill, seeing as they are legendaries.

Always watching. Always waiting. Never truly at peace in a realm of its own.
    Giratina will return....someday.

Same here. There's too many episodes now for me to really pick my favorites out. XD.

Quote Originally Posted by fitzy909 View Post
    same here. i prefer to just say that i enjoyed a certain battle rather than the whole episode. usually because an episode can be bad with a good battle. i still see 5 genesect is a bit of an overkill, seeing as they are legendaries.
    Very true. lol.

Can't please everyone... I know people who detested the 4-Kids voices

Lisa Ortiz was annoying at times, but I've never met anyone who disliked the voices in 4Kids' dub without being very biased against them. I'm talking about the people who go crazy and act like 4Kids ruin everything. If there are people who dislike the voices but aren't like how I mentioned, then wow that is very shocking

Platinum FC: 2924 5508 7388

HeartGold FC: 5372 2982 5997

White 1 FC: 3396 3135 0386

I know a few of them here and there. From what I've seen, most who hate the 4Kids voices or the 4Kids dub are the standard "Duh. It's 4Kids. They butcher anime" people (but not all-- some legitimately didn't like them).

I personally liked most of them a lot (minus Lisa Ortiz who could really annoy me sometimes-- never got why they used her so much).

Quote Originally Posted by TheFonz View Post
    Lisa Ortiz was annoying at times, but I've never met anyone who disliked the voices in 4Kids' dub without being very biased against them. I'm talking about the people who go crazy and act like 4Kids ruin everything. If there are people who dislike the voices but aren't like how I mentioned, then wow that is very shocking
    Yeah, there are actually people who didn't like em. A lot less than those who did, but yeah, there are a few.

Though, again, for many of the haters, like you said, they are the typical "4Kids ruined it by putting the sandwich down the hill instead of the riceball" meaning it had a HUGE impact on the show in the two episodes they did that! Omgz...no way!
    Last edited by PokemonNation2000; 5th May 2013 at 3:58 AM.

True, replacing a riceball with a sandwich isn't going to ruin an episode.

But then you have things like the Shadow Dimension and people holding invisible guns.

And the less said about One Piece, the better.
    Shokotan: "And then, in Extremespeed Genesect: The Awakening of Mewtwo, we meet another Mewtwo!"
    Yuyama: "Yes, I thought it'd be better if it was a different Mewtwo."
    Good for you Yuyama. Too bad you've singlehandedly torpedoed any lingering respect I and anyone else had for you.

I am a staunch fan of the Japanese dubbing. Most importantly I like how they put a lot of emotion in their dialogue and all. The biggest example is Ash himself. I loved him in the Japanese version, and I actually remember some of his Japanese dialogues by heart. But....

I was watching the Season 1 of Pokemon the other day, and I didn't hate it as much I hated the new dub. Why? Because 4Kids did their best in Americanizing (if that's the correct word.) the Japanese dialogues. Instead of trying to making a simle translation of the original, they made their own spin on the dialogues, and worked on the Opening songs. Someone who doesn't have a clue and doesn't know about Pokemon's Japanese origin wouldn't suspect that the original was not English.

So, I am not sure what 4Kids did to other anime, but they did a good job dubbing Pokemon, other than a few stuff like calling Riceballs Sandwiches, banning few episodes for trivial reasons etc.

<--My tumblr
    Quote Originally Posted by EmphaticPikachu
    DRACO NO STOP. DRACO DOWN. DRACO NO FLIRTING WITH ME.
    Quote Originally Posted by Noodlerama

FF.Net profile: Here!!
    \

Quote Originally Posted by Dracoflare View Post
    I was watching the Season 1 of Pokemon the other day, and I didn't hate it as much I hated the new dub. Why? Because 4Kids did their best in Americanizing (if that's the correct word.) the Japanese dialogues. Instead of trying to making a simle translation of the original, they made their own spin on the dialogues, and worked on the Opening songs. Someone who doesn't have a clue and doesn't know about Pokemon's Japanese origin wouldn't suspect that the original was not English.

So, I am not sure what 4Kids did to other anime, but they did a good job dubbing Pokemon, other than a few stuff like calling Riceballs Sandwiches, banning few episodes for trivial reasons etc.
    Agreed. Despite the edits as previously mentioned, and taking out signs of Japanese culture (for the most part), 4KIDS really did take good care of Pokémon, so I personally believe Pokémon is one of their better dubs, especially when it came to the movies (the first one is a "maybe" at best, though). They were in the right direction when it came with Pokémon, and it's such a shame that they didn't keep the consistency with the other shows, because 4KIDS really did have potential to be a great dubbing company.

I can tell they really wanted to try and make the other anime they dubbed more kid-friendly than they really were, but a lot of the shows sadly suffered because of it (e.g. Tokyo Mew Mew, One Piece). Strangely enough, Shaman King was left untouched for the most part. Still, despite all they did, I can kinda respect them for what they wanted to do. They were directly involved with the Pokémon craze and saw the potential in anime, so at least they had the right idea, they were just not that good at it in some places.

Still, Alfred Kahn believed kids were stupid, and was a greedy bastard who jumped ship to leave the company for dead. So...
    Winner of Best Pokémon/Pokémon Fic of 2013 in the Shipping Oscars
    Current Chapter: Chapter Ten - 3/17/14 / Current: Requiem I - 11/17/14 - Chapter 21 progress: 66%
    I survived Pupa.

I'm fine with people that really liked 4kids dubbing minus the things like edits and banned epiosdes, but I don't get the argument that they are so much better than tpci overall other than maybe battle frontier with voicing. Then again, I don't think the VA was that great for a good amount of season 1. A lot of people might just have a nostalgic view and just don't like Sara's voice of ash for that reason.
    My first shiny ever caught!

Named Admiral Sentret

Quote Originally Posted by yuoke View Post
    I'm fine with people that really liked 4kids dubbing minus the things like edits and banned epiosdes, but I don't get the argument that they are so much better than tpci overall other than maybe battle frontier with voicing. Then again, I don't think the VA was that great for a good amount of season 1. A lot of people might just have a nostalgic view and just don't like Sara's voice of ash for that reason.
    It's not the voice. I mean if people are still not used to the new voices, something is wrong with them. I am speaking about the dialogues and stuff like opening. The opening videos are horrible, and every title song since Sinnoh League Victors sound the same to me.

<--My tumblr
    Quote Originally Posted by EmphaticPikachu
    DRACO NO STOP. DRACO DOWN. DRACO NO FLIRTING WITH ME.
    Quote Originally Posted by Noodlerama

FF.Net profile: Here!!
    \

Page 167 of 247 FirstFirst ... 67117157163164165166167168169170171177217 ... LastLast